shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you related to anyone famous?

GracieLee

Rough_Rock
My great grandmother had a shop on Sunset Boulevard and designed dresses for Rita Hayworth, Gloria Vanderbilt, and Ida Lupino to name a few. MGM offered her a job to design dresses for them, but she wanted to stay exclusive so Edith Head got the job. We have a bunch of signed glossy photos and clippings from Vogue, etc., of her designs.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1387128949|3574724 said:
I believe that although large, 263 feet long, it could not contain his ego.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My mom's side of the family is comparable to the Kennedy's. She's from the "Lin" family of Taiwan, which spouted all kinds of senators, mayors, and city council members. Her first cousin is a famous "Liberace" type singer famous in Asia.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well no one super duper famous, still waiting for that to happen. I guess the closest is my great grandmother who was a famous in her time as an opera singer who married Elmer Ray Jones (later became the President of Wells Fargo) and their home in Mexico was made into a hotel named after her. They also cultivated Taxco into an expatriate artist center. My great uncle worked for Ames research laboratory which later kind of became Nasa. Another great uncle was a commercial artist who was not famous but may recognize his artwork if ever saw it, of realistic paintings of food with ketchup bottles next to it, etc (lots of stuff in life magazine). My second cousin on my Dad's side is now a news reporter for a major affiliate and also anchors on the weekend, so who knows.
Way back when my Dad did once do an American Express commercial on the radio the one that starts out "Do you know me?" My older brother used to tease him by doing a word for word impersonation. I still wish I had that tape.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops not my great grandmother, my great grandmother's sister! (the opera singer didn't have any children)

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
My great grandfather was first cousins with Sam Walton of Walmart. My grandmother's maiden name is "Walton." Somebody in our family signed the Declaration of Independence. My family is trying to find the last link to become a daughter of the American revolution. Apparently it's a huge deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results