shape
carat
color
clarity

are you crazy enough to go shopping on black friday?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if yes,what stores are you gonna hit? all PS vendors 30% off on black friday? .. :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I'm going to pass. I just really can't handle the crowds and lines these days, not to mention trying to find a parking spot at the mall. It's online shopping for me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate hate hate crowds/lines/crazy people so no, we will not be hitting the stores on Black Friday. Heck, I won't even go to Costco on the weekends lol because it is way too many people shopping there then.

But, online shopping is always crowd free and I might check out some of the online sales. Though there really is nothing I am in the market for at this time. Except a really warm winter coat but I need to try that on in person so no online for that.

If PS vendors are doing a sale count me in!! :appl: :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, black Friday is just not worth it IMO.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance, I hate crowds!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
No way!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always - I love the atmosphere of it all. My biggest beef is with the parking because I don't go at the crack of dawn but oh, I'll be there! I do a lot of my shopping online as well but I love to check out some of the department stores to see what they have to offer. I'll get coffee at Starbucks and people watch too - part of the fun!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Not a chance. Hate being jostled, frantic people in my way, ick. I've shopped online for years, so much easier & more pleasant. The lights & music & atmosphere of Christmas shopping used to be fun (not on Black Fri., though) but now there are too many people who are too serious about snagging things, takes the joy away.

Missy, I think we're twins separated at birth! Same trouble opening jars -- and I skip Costco on weekends too! :lol:

--- Laurie

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I'm not a huge shopper on a quiet day, let alone the craziness of Black Friday. I'll get my shopping done somehow, sometime before Dec. 24th, but it won't be the day after Thanksgiving.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way, Jose. I don't generally like people on my best days, and that would just compound it to undesirable levels. I've been out and about that day before and it torks me off and I end up making snide comments ("I love seeing parents teaching their children the true meaning of Christmas" while adults fight over shit in front of their kids) or breaking into song when the pushing and shoving starts "Have a holly jolly Christmas.." and then smile and look like What?? when I get glared at. Whatever. I love love love Christmas and decorations and the songs and snow..I don't need ungrateful humans mucking it up for me.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't be one of the door busters. We live just a mile from a major mall. Some years we will go over late in the afternoon to walk around and see the decorations, and so on. We might pick up a couple things, but not really do any serious shopping. More likely we'll stop for frozen yogurt or hit the coffee shop for a peppermint mocha latte. My kids are too big for Santa, :o but I still like to take a peek at him as we walk by.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1353363630|3310448 said:
No way, Jose. I don't generally like people on my best days, and that would just compound it to undesirable levels. I've been out and about that day before and it torks me off and I end up making snide comments ("I love seeing parents teaching their children the true meaning of Christmas" while adults fight over shit in front of their kids) or breaking into song when the pushing and shoving starts "Have a holly jolly Christmas.." and then smile and look like What?? when I get glared at. Whatever. I love love love Christmas and decorations and the songs and snow..I don't need ungrateful humans mucking it up for me.

LOL!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way! I barely shop anyway, so I have zero interest in going shopping on Black Friday.

My mom and I are going to the Red Door to have mani/pedis on Friday, but we've already recruited DH to drop us off and pick us up so we don't have to deal with parking. (This particular Red Door is part of a shopping mall.) I cannot believe I'm going NEAR the mall on Black Friday, but it's later in the day and it's for a mani/pedi, so I think I'll be able to handle it. :cheeky:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I'd pay extra to stay home and shop online. Thankfully, I actually end up with better deals online.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
No way. I can't stand the craziness, it's just not worth it to me. I went one year when I was in high school and ended up so sick with the flu. I do all of my shopping online and I'm actually almost finished.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1353362375|3310432 said:
Not a chance. Hate being jostled, frantic people in my way, ick. I've shopped online for years, so much easier & more pleasant. The lights & music & atmosphere of Christmas shopping used to be fun (not on Black Fri., though) but now there are too many people who are too serious about snagging things, takes the joy away.

Missy, I think we're twins separated at birth! Same trouble opening jars -- and I skip Costco on weekends too! :lol:

--- Laurie

Ooh, you know Laurie, twins can enjoy double the bling cause they share ... :appl: :cheeky:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
are you crazy enough to go shopping on black friday?

I'm smart enough to not go shopping on Black Friday.

If you want real deals, shop the last week before Christmas.
If you like shopping as a blood sport, by all means, go on Nov. 23.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I never do it! I prefer shopping online.

DF...let me know if PS vendors are going to be 30% off. I'll probably do a little shopping in that case! :naughty:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I do 98% of my Christmas shopping on the internet. 97% on Amazon. I have never gone in a store on Black Friday.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Just as a warning about amazon before Christmas-- i find they jack their prices up before the holidays. I would recommend using nextag.com or shopwiki and compare prices. We bought toys last year and amazon was ruthless about hiking prices up right before the holidays when people got desperate..

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what we have planned for Friday. It's becomming harder every year to deal with crowds...

On a side note, a retail worker, a friend of a friend, sent a request that people give retailer workers a break! Don't take out aggression or frustration out on them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell, no. I work in retail and will be working Black Friday. I work for an independent retailer, though, and we're in a downtown location that's been there for almost 40 years...we don't do discounts on BF, and we don't advertise. I think they call it "Plaid Saturday" or something like that...this weekend people are encouraged to shop locally. We like that. ;))

I've only shopped on BF once, back in 2007, I think. I went to Sam's Club and got these flashlights with adjustable arms that you attach to your outside grill to give to neighbors and friends. I guess they were a good gift...I can't remember anyone singing their praises, though. I've never bothered with BF again. I'm more of an online shopper, but I still don't get sucked into the buying frenzy. I'd rather volunteer and donate things to those truly in need during the season of giving.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I tried Black Friday shopping once in Vegas.... I had to psych myself up for the crowds, people pushing, and super long lineups, but it actually wasn't totally horrible either. It was probably because a lot of people were still gambling or sleeping off the booze :lol:
The shopping on Thanksgiving day was better - the same sales, no crowds, and better selection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results