shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there celebrities that you dislike that others generally like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this yesterday when I saw a preview for Beyonce''s new movie.

I am not a fan at all. I don''t enjoy her music or her movies or seeing her on TV period.

But generally speaking, people like her very much.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angelina Jolie. I can''t STAND her. She just rubs me the wrong way.

Also, the Olsen twins bug the crap out of me ( I don''t know if people like them or not...?)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Angelina seems kinda weird to me. I can't stand Julia Stiles. Nobody can understand why she bugs me so much, they just think she's meh. But I start thinking violent thoughts after 2 mins of her being on screen. Also Amy's mum in Judging Amy...shudder... Don't really know why I dislike these people so much
3.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
AAhhh!!! I don''t like Julia Stiles either!! Blech!

For some reason Rosario Dawson (uumm maybe not the right spelling) drives me INSANE. I don''t think i''ve ever seen a picture of her with her mouth CLOSED! (I am sure she is a lovely and fine person, but ''rubs me the wrong way'' for sure!)

rosario_dawson.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jessica Simpson has ALWAYS bothered me. I just don''t get why she is famous.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I seriously cannot stand Kanye West. He is the most arrogant man...gosh, that felt good to say, lol. Do not like him; will not listen to his music all because of his attitude.
38.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woody Allen, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise ... I could go on, because I am like the elephant, and I never forget.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like Beyonce either...something about the way she talks really bugs me...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of Beyonce, Kanye, Jay Z, or most of those arrogant-I''m-so-great-look-at-me people.

Also, not a lover of Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never been able to stand Tom Cruise - even long before he got so outspoken about Scientology. I''ve always just thought that''s he''s really bizarre looking and ugly and he grates on my nerves in all his movies.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
This one might seem strange, but - Carrie Underwood. Don''t know what it is about her. I think she''s gorgeous and sings very well. But I just can''t listen to the girl talk or read any interviews on her. Something about her just really annoys me.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
YES! I have never liked Will Smith, and I seem to be the only one...

I also dislike Ashton Kutcher. I think he is good-looking, but he just BUGS me!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Tom Cruise
Angelena Jolie and Brad Pitt
Mel Gibson (after the anti-semitism incident a few years ago)
JLo
Dennis Leary (I could have cared less about him until I read a recent quote where he was promoting his new book and he said that parents use the term autism to label their kids to cover for the fact that they are bad parents) As a mom to 3 kids with autism, he is not on my dislike list for spreading ignorance

Those are the top ones who come to mind. I know there are more...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I can''t stand Halle Berry. Yeah, yeah... I know, she''s soooo gorgeous. Whatever, she totally annoys me as an actress, I just don''t think she''s very good!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Katy Perry. Ugh.
No talent. Plus she is full of herself just like Kanye. She complained after not getting an award, then she said some cruel things about Lily Allen, and THEN (and this is where I got fed up) she made some comment about how she "isn''t some manufactured pop tart who''s afraid to leave my hotel room". That was it for me, because she was talking about Britney Spears...and for some reason I''m very protective of her. haha. At least Britney knows she is an entertainer and performer more than a true artist. She knows her role in the celebrity world, and I think selling half a million records in one week speaks for itself.

Katy Perry may not be a manufactured pop tart, but she''s a vain manufactured individualist*, which is worse IMO!

*Stole the term "manufactured individualist" from someone else, and think it sums up so many music celebrities.
**Thinks it would be a cool band name. "The Manufactured Individualists". No?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. I think I would have to start a ''Celebrities I DO Like" thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It''s much too easy to dislike so many of them.

P. Diddy -- Biggest. Ego. Ever. And not a shred of actual talent. Kanye West would be runner-up in this category.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X''s Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren''t talented; it''s the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early ''60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won''t even discuss Britney.

Olsen twins -- loose the eyeliner, the granny clothes, and the ubiquitous coffee cups. And actually do something besides attend parties.

George Clooney -- He''s gorgeous. He''s funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She''s the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She''s no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O''Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Donald Trump -- you would think a wealthy man could afford a decent barber. Or even a trip to the J.C. Penney salon at the nearest mall.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you''re gay!! And you write schlock music.

Rod Stewart -- he just needs to give up. Enough. Already. Croak no more. Please.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oprah. Yeah, I know, sacrilege.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:39:07 PM
Author: TravelingGal
How could I forget Oprah?? She''s omnipresent. She believes herself to be omnipotent. You know she thinks she got Obama elected. It must be so stressful to have that kind of power, don''t you think?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:34:59 PM
Author: HollyS
Oh my. I think I would have to start a ''Celebrities I DO Like'' thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It''s much too easy to dislike so many of them.

P. Diddy -- Biggest. Ego. Ever. And not a shred of actual talent. Kanye West would be runner-up in this category.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X''s Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren''t talented; it''s the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early ''60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won''t even discuss Britney.

Olsen twins -- loose the eyeliner, the granny clothes, and the ubiquitous coffee cups. And actually do something besides attend parties.

George Clooney -- He''s gorgeous. He''s funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She''s the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She''s no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O''Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Donald Trump -- you would think a wealthy man could afford a decent barber. Or even a trip to the J.C. Penney salon at the nearest mall.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you''re gay!! And you write schlock music.

Rod Stewart -- he just needs to give up. Enough. Already. Croak no more. Please.
OMG, this list cracked me up; I do agree w/many!

I will add Ashley Simpson. I do like J. Lo and George Clooney though. haha

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:34:59 PM
Oh my. I think I would have to start a 'Celebrities I DO Like' thread, instead of choosing just a few that annoy me. It's much too easy to dislike so many of them.

JLo -- for such lousy choices in men (especially her husband), and her escalating divaness. She is Generation X's Elizabeth Taylor. And we all know how well that turned out. Beyonce would be runner-up for Her Divaness. Not that they aren't talented; it's the over-the-top glamour that lost its luster after the early '60s.

Paris Hilton -- could anyone, ever, be more shallow? Or a bigger waste of oxygen? Lindsey Lohan, talented though she is, has proved almost as shallow. We won't even discuss Britney.

George Clooney -- He's gorgeous. He's funny. But he needs to shut his political piehole. (And I expect the conservative Hollywood politicos to do the same, thanks.)

Madonna -- what, exactly, has she had a career based on? A constantly changing image? She's the female P. Diddy; great marketing skills and zero talent.

Miley Cyrus -- aside from being a Disney-created teen queen, what is so wonderful about her? She's no Hilary Duff. Neither is Hilary. Or Vanessa. Give me Raven.

Rosie O'Donnell -- Crass and an ass. What a combo.

Barry Manilow -- just admit it already; you're gay!! And you write schlock music.

Whoa...what's wrong with JLo's husband?!?!?! Sorry, but that one hit a nerve
2.gif
and I think Fiery might have a comment or two on that one as well!

ETA: oh, forgot about the original post!
5.gif
I agree with all who can't stand Kanye...most self-absorbed person ever, BUT mostly, I can't stand Eva Longoria...don't know what everybody sees in her!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:48:10 PM

How could I forget Oprah?? She''s omnipresent. She believes herself to be omnipotent. You know she thinks she got Obama elected. It must be so stressful to have that kind of power, don''t you think?
Date: 12/18/2008 6:48:10 PM

And apparently it''s always news when she decides to go omnivorous.
20.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 5:12:42 PM
Author: InLuv101
I seriously cannot stand Kanye West. He is the most arrogant man...gosh, that felt good to say, lol. Do not like him; will not listen to his music all because of his attitude.
38.gif
He is a very, very rude and arrogant. An acquaintance of mine dated him about 4 years ago (I suppose before he was big) and she said he thought the world revolved around him--even then.

I feel that Julia Roberts is quite overrated. She is great at being natural on screen, but not a great actress, as in not talented at creating characters who differ from herself. I respect her as a person but not as an artist.

I very strongly disagree about Katy Perry, but that is because she's a friend. The stories that were referenced were not accurately displayed in the media.
38.gif

Now that I've read through the replies a bit, I realize that this is probably another one of those threads that I should stay out of...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Paris Hilton, J Lo, Miley, Jonas Brothers, Tom Cruise, Madonna ( she has had TOO much work done), Nicole Richie, Beyonce, Jessica Simpson, and my fave of all......

SPENCER PRATT AND HEIDI MONTAG......FFI loves her and thinks she''s hot...i think shes dumb as hell and needs to find a better man!!!

Spencer...I wanna punch him in the face....just for fun...I don''t know why...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
KIERA KNIGHTLY!!! AAAARGH!!!!

She drives me nutty!!!!! I just can't watch her which is a pity because I love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!!

Ohhh and Vanessa Hudgens off High School Musical. I can't stand her either.. maybe its just the character she played but she is so cheesy and simpering!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez-yuk
14.gif

ETA-forgot about Paris Hilton and Tom Cruise. Not a fan of either!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:53:46 PM
Author: musey

Date: 12/18/2008 5:12:42 PM
Author: InLuv101
38.gif
He is a very, very rude and arrogant. An acquaintance of mine dated him about 4 years ago (I suppose before he was big) and she said he thought the world revolved around him--even then.

I feel that Julia Roberts is quite overrated. She is great at being natural on screen, but not a great actress, as in not talented at creating characters who differ from herself. I respect her as a person but not as an artist.

I very strongly disagree about Katy Perry, but that is because she''s a friend. The stories that were referenced were not accurately displayed in the media.
38.gif

Now that I''ve read through the replies a bit, I realize that this is probably another one of those threads that I should stay out of...
Another for Kanye! I used to *LOVE* him, but then I went to Bonnaroo this summer, it''s a music festival in Tennessee (oops spl?) and just look it up what he did. MAJOR JERK! He has no people skills it seems, and it shows. A good entertainer not only needs to be good, but also be friendly and nice, and he ISN''T!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:01:12 PM
Author: Maisie
KIERA KNIGHTLY!!! AAAARGH!!!!

She drives me nutty!!!!! I just can''t watch her which is a pity because I love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!!

Ohhh and Vanessa Hudgens off High School Musical. I can''t stand her either.. maybe its just the character she played but she is so cheesy and simpering!!
I love Bend it like Beckham but am completely w/you when it comes to her.
14.gif
She bugs me and I don''t know why.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results