shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any horse people here?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood honey, I'm so sorry. My sister lost her horse a few years ago and I know it still hurts her. Her horses live on their property as well so she was extremely attached to him as I know you are with your horses. I love my dog like a child and can't imagine what you are going thru right now. Be good to yourself and just try to get thru each day one day at a time. I hope you start to feel a little better soon. Again, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Hugs, Callie

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I had horses up til when I was in college. Arabians mostly, and a couple National Show Horses. I loved that time in my life, and think about having a horse sometimes, but it's incredibly expensive and Id need to board where I am now. Finding a farrier for one horse is a nightmare so I'd need a trailer, a truck and the list goes on. Not to mention I don't have the money. It's nice to think about though. I'd love to live on a farm. My DS is horse obsessed and the other child is highly allergic to horses and hay..so there's that, lol.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409110192|3739915 said:
Redwood honey, I'm so sorry. My sister lost her horse a few years ago and I know it still hurts her. Her horses live on their property as well so she was extremely attached to him as I know you are with your horses. I love my dog like a child and can't imagine what you are going thru right now. Be good to yourself and just try to get thru each day one day at a time. I hope you start to feel a little better soon. Again, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Hugs, Callie

Thank you so much Calliecake. It has been so hard this past week and I appreciate your words. Day by day is the only way I am getting through it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1409241562|3740780 said:
Calliecake|1409110192|3739915 said:

Thank you so much Calliecake. It has been so hard this past week and I appreciate your words. Day by day is the only way I am getting through it.

Oh Redwood, Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I so wish there was something I could say that would make you feel a little better and take some of your pain away. I was going to post here today to see how you are doing. I am so new to the pet/animal thing. We got our first pet 3 years ago and I'm in my 50s. The reason we didn't have a pet sooner is we both worked way too many hours. Nothing could have prepared me for how much I love this little dog. All I have to do is imagine her not being here and my heart breaks for you. My sister was sad for a long time when she lost her horse. I remember saying to her that you spent 25 years loving him every single day. She had him long before her children. She thought only someone who had a horse would understand her grief. That's was so not true. All you had to do was look at her and you could feel her pain. I could tell from your posts that you loved your horses the way she loved hers.

There no way this would not hit you hard. I'm sure some days are going to be better than others in the coming weeks. Please just be gentle and kind to youself. If you need to cry, then cry. Is your husband being supportive right now? If you need to talk I'll check this post often.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? Sometimes just getting your mind off things for a short while can help. It's only been two weeks. it's unrealistic to think you be feeling any different than your feeling in such a short period of time. Is there anything I can do to help you?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going on vacation next week to the coast and this will help immensely. DH is being supportive and he is sad too because we sold his gelding and got rid of the horse trailer. It was quite final and all at once but I think this is best way to deal with it for us. Our pets become our lives and now our life has totally changed because it really revolved around the horses. We will get through it but it will take lots of time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure a vacation will be a most welcome distraction. it amazing how much a change of scenery can help sometimes. I hope you enjoy your trip and start to feel better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results