shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser Photos- Three big Egos in one small space

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I thought you might like to see a rare and unusual sight. Marty Haske, myself and RockDoc all breathing the same air.

It was intense...

Marty_Rich.jpg

Marty and Rich

(That's the SAS-2000 spectrophotometer behind us that I just purchased from Marty. He spent six days in Florida training me on it. It took me another six days of Corona Lights sacked out at the beach to recover...)

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Marty meeting with the chief research scientist of Gemesis, Rob Chodelko.

Marty's got two MIT degrees, and Rob got his PhD at the age of seven. Serious combined brainpower there. Drained all the lightbulbs in the area...

Marty_Rob.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
scary lol
Rockdoc is younger than I pictured him and Marty a lot older.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 1:17:52 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Rob got his PhD at the age of seven. Serious combined brainpower there. Drained all the lightbulbs in the area...
Ha, what the??? Rich, are you joking?
33.gif

Hey, great new picture in your avatar. But then again, I liked the old one, too.
2.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Rockdoc before. Great to put a face with the name. Thanks for sharing, Rich.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 3:09:01 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
Date: 7/2/2005 1:17:52 AM

Rob got his PhD at the age of seven. Serious combined brainpower there. Drained all the lightbulbs in the area...
Ha, what the??? Rich, are you joking?<

Yes, I'm joking (about Rob getting a PhD at seven). When you first meet him you think he looks too young to be Chief Research Scientist at Gemesis. But he's 40, and extremely sharp (and personable).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Where are all the suntans??
10.gif

cheers--Sharon

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great shots Rich. Good to see a recent shot of RockDoc too. You''re looking like your on the upswing there RockDaddy. That is good! :) Marty... sorry we couldn''t meet up in Vegas. I''m going to need at least 2 extra days next year to do all that I really wanted to do.

Anyone of ya''ll coming to JA New York next month?!?!

All the best,

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
You all are a good looking group of men!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fun time was had by all, Rich and I agree...fab new avatar!!
2.gif
I like it much better now that you don''t have that thing growing out of your head.
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel more intelligent just looking at those pics!
34.gif

thanks for sharing them rich.
2.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys!
35.gif

Nice to see your photos.

Yes, hanging with Marty does necessitate a few days for recovery.
2.gif

Love,

lawmax

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 1:16:01 AM
The infamous RockDoc. All he likes to do is kick ass and take numbers. It took both Marty and me to (barely) hold him down.

Kick Ass and take numbers? Gee and here I thought I was a real pussycat when there....

That isn''t the best photo of me, hair was all windblown....

We should have taken a photo of Marty''s pony tail...

Actually Richard looks the best in the photos.

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 11:19:16 AM
Author: canuk-gal
Hi:

Where are all the suntans??
10.gif

cheers--Sharon

Most of us Floridians are too busy inside to go out and get tanned. Best tan I get is from the bright lights when photographing pet rocks.

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 12:48:25 PM
Author: sjz
You all are a good looking group of men!

Well now I''m blushing....

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Actually we had a lot of fun....and good, meaningful serious discussion and comparing notes.

Although Marty has seen it before, I brought Camille with me. ( Camille is one of my Pet Rocks (Many of my Pet rocks I''ve named) She is a chameleon diamond that has a rather impressive and intense color change. From bright yellow to slightly greyish green. But Marty''s SAS nailed and confirmed her origin as natural and he has the data from it for his comparative database.

Then even though I had thoroughly steamed and clean my color comparison diamond master color set, Marty''s creation showed that there were some tweezer "dirt" on them, so off this week to get the boiled in sufuric acid, then when I have some time back to Richards to image them again.

Next time I''ll bring more pet rocks, Richard..

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Just tried to upload a photo.... and didn''t work...

Darn.

Rockdoc

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 10:01:48 AM

Yes, I'm joking (about Rob getting a PhD at seven). When you first meet him you think he looks too young to be Chief Research Scientist at Gemesis. But he's 40, and extremely sharp (and personable).
Oh you had me there but you never know, huh? But I've heard about several of those child prodigy types that graduate college even before playing Little League baseball
34.gif
, and can't even reach the podium to make their acceptance speeches.
20.gif

Ooooooooooh, to be that smart
34.gif
AND personable? Must be a great guy, hehe.
9.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Marty''s SAS is quite an engineering feat. It was amazing how much he could tell me about my stone... even better was his willingness to share his knowledge with some chick who got his name off a webpage and wandered in with a tiny little stone.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some more photos of Richard....that I couldn''t post before, but thanks to Belle resizing them etc, they are supposed to work now

Rockdoc

02phonerichard.JPG

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
More.....

Rockdoc

03richard_1.JPG

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The last one of Richard

012phonerichard.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results