shape
carat
color
clarity

AOL and Yahoo email charge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Since 2006-02-01, AOL has some very strict procedures in place to send email to @aol.com accounts. see e.g. AOL, Yahoo Planning Postage Charges for Email

Those who send emails to @aol.com accounts now have two options:

* AOL Whitelist http://postmaster.aol.com/whitelist/
* AOL CertifiedEmail Program (Goodmail Accreditation) http://postmaster.aol.com/whitelist/certifiedemail.html

If you want guaranteed delivery of your email to @aol.com accounts, you will need to pay for accreditation ($399) and a "small" fee for every message you send.

Yahoo is also planning to charge senders for delivery: http://antispam.yahoo.com/faqs

If Pricescope won't pay, emails from Pricescope (e.g. subscription or registration notifications) to AOL and Yahoo accounts will be filtered
40.gif

More sign against AOL's email tax. Is it time to swith to GMail?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never registered with Yahoo, and never saw any advantage for AOL, and could care less about any of the other "email" sites. I must have at least a dozen email addresses available to me from various other things I am involved in (a minor part of the service package for something else).

In the end, I always found that my local service - the one I pay for internet access - provided the best email services for general stuff (and I have always been able to find either cheaper or better service than AOL). Thus my email address is "local."

As far for what AOL, Yahoo, and others will do (don''t I remember something from gmial about how it was "free" for a while - the item I read implied that they intended to charge in the future).

How many registration emials do you have to send to these companies. It seems to me that they would be here and there. It''s not like a bulk emailing.

One option is to just not pay. If people want to participate they can use other email accounts.

I wonder how much business AOL and Yahoo will loose over this. Of course, I admit that the bulk mailers (need breast enhancement cream) are probably making enough money that they will pay for such service. Interestingly enough. Since going totally local on my email address - and being carefull about where I list it - I have not gotten such spam mail in the last 3 years. Why would I want to be part of AOL and Yahoo where someone has the right to bulk email me becasue that is the service that AOL adn Yahoo has sold them?

Have a great day.

Perry

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
18,135 - Total forum members
1,615 - @AOL
4,651 - @Yahoo
3,851 - @Hotmail
651 - @GMail

It just shows how many people sign in with @AOL and @Yahoo accounts. - these people either should use other email accounts or they might not be able to sign in and receive subscriptions notifications
39.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
That is just ridiculous IMO.

When they say "filter," do they just mean to the spam folder? Or no delivery at all?

Good thing I have email accounts with several companys
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My PS contact is a yahoo addess...but it''s a good thing I have a gmail account too...I think this is kind of ridiculous. Spam is a problem, hackers a problem, but will this solve any of those problems, or is it just a way to make more money?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I registered with my .edu address, but I have had g-mail for a while now. I would not pay to have my email delivered...that is just silliness.
38.gif

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I can''t believe they''re actually going to go through with this.

But, for what it''s worth, I really like my Gmail account. Way better than anything else I''ve had.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 11:03:42 AM
Author: Rascal49

When they say ''filter,'' do they just mean to the spam folder? Or no delivery at all?
The "do not guarantee the delivery". The email can be lost if a sender do not pay them.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 11:28:42 AM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 4/7/2006 11:03:42 AM
Author: Rascal49

When they say ''filter,'' do they just mean to the spam folder? Or no delivery at all?
The ''do not guarantee the delivery''. The email can be lost if a sender do not pay them.
Ridiculous.

I''ll change my email account here on PS just to be safe
2.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I currently use Gmail. I LOVE it. It's a great service compared to the others.

In 1994 I had both Prodigy and AOL - as they were both the only options at the time... and at that time they charged for each email sent. I think it was like .05 or .10 per email.

AOL is going to end up losing subscribers. Cuz those 'filters' never work 100%. And why would anyone pay for something that's free elsewhere?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If any of you, guys, are going to modify your profile email (e.g. from @yahoo to another one), please be patient because the system will temporarily deactivate your account and send you a confirmation email with verification link.

If you won''t receive the confirmation email or verification link won''t work, don''t panic. Simply contact us and we''ll fix it for you...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results