shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watch Gastineau Girls?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am bored so I am watching it (even thought I think it is boring, huh, doesn''t make sense) Anyways, they do some radio show now (as their job I guess) and they had a jeweler on and he said that the average size engagement ring for someone today is between 3-5 cts! Are you kidding me? I know that they can easily afford that size of a diamond but can thier listeners? Poor guys listening and thinking this is normal.

Okay, had to vent and I feel better now!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, Tacori, I have actually seen the show a few times. I must''ve missed the jeweler/average carat weight thing. Hopefully men who''ve seen that part have been as appalled as you were!

Did you ever watch "Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive?" It was on the E channel this past fall, and the younger Gastineau gal was on it. I think her name is Brittany? Anyway, she seemed a little more down to earth than some of the other kids on the show.

Back to the average carat weight comment: so if the average carat weight in that guy''s mind is 3-5 carats, does that mean that Brittany will have to wear a 10 carat ring??? Jeez Louise!
emsad.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I have never seen that show. This episode was just on and I knew you would all understand my shock. He IS a salesman so maybe he is hopeful that people will be fooled. I read (years ago so it probably changed) that the average e-ring in USA is/was .25ct! So where are these new young brides getting 5 cts? They need to join PS and give us all something to droll over!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would guess that in a certain social circle (celebs, debutantes, etc) the average e-ring is 3-5 carats. That must be his clientele and he wasn''t even CONSIDERING the mere existance of us unfamous riff-raff ...
20.gif
29.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly deco, if this was just a conversation he was having with them I would understand because they are wealthy, but they were doing their "radio show" web stream, whatever it was, so he was telling everyone who listens that they need to expect to get a 3-5 cts. It was so crazy!!! He kept pushing his rings on Brittany like "aren''t you ready to get married?" and "just let me talk to him, which ring do you want?" It was a priceless reality TV moment.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
That is so funny!

I know in certain circles and areas in NYC, the average really is around 4-7 carats. Mine''s small compared to theirs, which are just as sparkly & white. (Some are even canaries! Sometimes I see pink or blue diamonds, too.
30.gif
) They think that''s average.
6.gif
Maybe for an heirloom or upgrade, but for a first e-ring! Wow. Family money is nothing to scoff at!

On the other hand, the Gastineau girls have TONS of gorgeous rocks as it is. Brittany loves to raid her mom''s safe and I''ve seen some 10+ carat blingers in there.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results