shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone want to have some fun with their wedding dress???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My wedding photographer does this too. His name is James Roy and he is S U P E R B!!

James Roy Photography

check out Services>>Weddings>>Portraits>>04

That pice was taken in Puerto Rico in a pool. He said the dress and veil got ripped to shreds by her shoes. Beautifully haunting pics though, IMO. I think it looks like fun too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are really cool photos! I''ve never heard of that before. I''m not sure I''d be that daring but the pics are great.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
It does look like fun!...but I don''t know if I could do it! I would possibly try to sell it desperately first (to make some $ back!), then if I can''t selll it I might consider trashing it...hehe...

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Actually I take that back, I would rather give it away than trash it, specially after all the time I''ve spent finding *the dress*! (and all the time you''ve sent helping me! haha)

M~

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I don''t think I could do that to my dress. But a fun idea nonetheless!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I've seen this website before and it's amusing to see all the photos. I wouldn't be able to do that to my wedding dress though.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My photographer does that too... he offers a "free" trash the dress session after the ceremony... but I just, well... I just don''t think I can do that! I doubt I''ll try to sell it, but I just can''t ruin the memory of the dress like that!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else disturbed by how many of those images look like the bride is dead? The one where she''s floating in the water... I don''t know, it screams "Ophelia" to me! And the one in the trunk? That is just spooky! I just have these "drowned bride" images stuck in my head now! Blech!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never had bridals done, and I''ve regretted it. That might be a fun idea - I''ll have to take rock climbing or something.
11.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 10:42:02 AM
Author: sumbride
Is anyone else disturbed by how many of those images look like the bride is dead? The one where she''s floating in the water... I don''t know, it screams ''Ophelia'' to me! And the one in the trunk? That is just spooky! I just have these ''drowned bride'' images stuck in my head now! Blech!

LOL! My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! I LOVE the ones of the brides in the fountains, or hanging off the balcony, those are very very cool. But the "dead" ones totally weird me out.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i didn''t trash my dress, but i did have newlywed pics taken. awesome to be all dolled up again in my wedding dress and hubby in his tux. didn''t ruin my dress in the process, but got some great pics!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm..my dress has been in storage since my wedding, the pic of the gal in the fountain is actually really cool..hmm...maybe for our 10 year we should renew our vows and I can wear my dress and then do the *trash the dress* picture...

I do agree that the one''s of the gals floating in the water are a little creepy
32.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one with the bride laying down in the cliffs, with the huge voluminous dress spread out around her.

Beautiful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, love this one too:

trashthedressfountain.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this one: maybe you could buy a dress off ebay or a $99 one from david''s bridal to do some fun trashthedress pics..

trashthedress24.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had a hunk that looked like that waiting for me in the water I'd say screw the dress and bolt in after him too!

(BAD DEE BAD!!!)

(No need to tell my hubby about this.
11.gif
)

My dress was so heavy with all that beading I'd probably drown long before I got to him anyway...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this looks like loads of fun! I might be totally up for something like this because my gown was under $300 and I doubt I will ever wear it again.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 4:40:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
If I had a hunk that looked like that waiting for me in the water I''d say screw the dress and bolt in after him too!

(BAD DEE BAD!!!)

(No need to tell my hubby about this.
11.gif
)

haha..no kidding
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I just looked through the photos on the site and I want someone to explain the burning dress to me. Is that not, um, DANGEROUS? What am I missing??

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 5:02:52 PM
OK, I just looked through the photos on the site and I want someone to explain the burning dress to me. Is that not, um, DANGEROUS? What am I missing??
i was thinking (or rather hoping) it was photoshopped. but who knows.
more disturbing was the bride in the trunk. i know it was staged, but geesh. try explaining that pic to your grandkids.
32.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 5:08:05 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 6/11/2007 5:02:52 PM

i was thinking (or rather hoping) it was photoshopped. but who knows.

more disturbing was the bride in the trunk. i know it was staged, but geesh. try explaining that pic to your grandkids.
32.gif

no kidding
32.gif
i''m not a fan of the morbid one''s although I''m sure someone thought it was creative art at the time
37.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I probably wouldn''t have the guts to do it, but the thought crossed my mind to do a cannonball off the bow of the boat our wedding is being held on. Wearing my dress. AFTER the wedding, of course
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked at the entire site, and I totally think I''m going to do this.

We never had professional engagement photos, nor did I have professional bridals. The hem of my dress is still fairly dirty, it''s been laying in a bag for over a year, so why not just trash it?

Now, to convince the hubby to do this with me . . .

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, if the hubby isn't interested maybe you can get that hunky guy from the ocean photo to pose with you!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 8:52:13 PM
Lauren, if the hubby isn''t interested maybe you can get that hunky guy from the ocean photo to pose with you!
9.gif
LOL, I think THAT would get hubby to change his mind!

I''d totally trash my dress...it was only $50. However, it''s a pretty casual dress and beach...I think the really fun part would be to trash a NICE wedding dress. If we had our photographer at the end of the day, I would have loved to run down the beach and absolutely trash it, but alas, we didn''t have him for the entire wedding.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dammit,my mom''s a quilter, and a darn good one at that...I''ve been saving my dress for the day we come to terms on a beautiful wall-hanging design that will end up being framed or something, she''s that good! She made our wedding quilt, and countless others, and i just can''t imagine sacrificing my dress in this way even thogh it really appeals to me...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 8:52:13 PM
Lauren, if the hubby isn''t interested maybe you can get that hunky guy from the ocean photo to pose with you!
9.gif

Teehee. I think that would definitely get his attention.
2.gif

However, it appears there is no need. I brought it up to him last night, and since we''re supposed to go to Hawaii in October, he said that would be the perfect location to trash it.

Eek, I''m so excited! I tried my dress on this morning, and it''s a little big - but probably not so big that it wouldn''t photograph well.

Now, to find a photographer on Oahu.
3.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Some of those are creepy, but some very cool! I would love to have a photo session like this as long as it was tastefully done!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 10:14:36 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

However, it appears there is no need. I brought it up to him last night, and since we''re supposed to go to Hawaii in October, he said that would be the perfect location to trash it.

Eek, I''m so excited! I tried my dress on this morning, and it''s a little big - but probably not so big that it wouldn''t photograph well.

Now, to find a photographer on Oahu.
3.gif

36.gif
36.gif
oh how fun. You just have to do this. I actually mentioned it to my hubby and he asked where the heck I found the website and suggested I have too much time on my hands
20.gif
however, he did think some of the pictures were cool so I might be able to work out something for an anniversary
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results