shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use reed diffusers?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I got such great feedback here when I was on my quest for a travel jewelry case that I thought I'd run this one by my fellow PS'ers.

Does anyone have a a recommendation for a really good brand of reed scent diffusers? I've used the ones from Pottery Barn, and they're great, but there is only one scent that we like, so I've been trying out other alternatives without much luck. I used diffusers from Elizabeth W and from The Thymes with very mixed results. The ceilings in our house are high, and with most of the diffusers the scent just seems to dissipate unless you put your head right over the bottle. I'm looking for something with a good blend of fragrances, nothing cloying or migraine-inducing. I use Jo Malone candles, and love those scents, but sometimes I don't really want an open flame going.

Any suggestions?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
We do. When the better half worked at Pier 1 we used their reed diffusers A LOT. We stocked up before he quit.

I love their ginger peach and island orchard scents. Oceans is his fave scent but to me it just smells like soap LOL. I would highly recommend NOT getting their aspen flower scent... we call it a$$ flower. GROSS

A tip for diffusers is to flip the reeds once a week so the scent has a chance to really get out there.

Definitely take a chance to smell the diffuser before you buy it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use them, Yankee makes some really nice ones...but they are strong so you need a large area to put them in.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Davi, I bought one of the Pier 1 Christmas diffusers and I love the smell. I have it in the guest bathroom, but unfortunately it's almost gone. Size-wise it's about right for that smaller room, but I wish they made larger versions because in our family room all the scent just seems to dissipate. How smart of you and your SO to stock up--and I agree , the ginger peach smells delicious.

Diamondrgnlover, I haven't checked out the Yankee ones. Doesn't Bed, Bath and Beyond carry those? Any favorites?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure about Bed Bath and Beyond, but I know Kohl's carries them...favorites...that subjective, I tend to migrates towards the cinnamon/vanilla type sents....but they are pretty strong....

tigian

Ideal_Rock
My favorite diffuser is Alora Ambiance - Agrume
Smells sooo good! It is pricey, but lasts a long time and I've found that if I use all the reeds, the smell is more intense and for smaller rooms, I take some of the reeds out.
Here is the description:
Agrume citrus fragrance is an invigorating montage of grapefruit, orange and eucalyptus. Ideal for citrus lovers, Agrume's citrusy and uplifting mix is perfect for any space.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Tigian, that sounds wonderful. After checking out the website, it looks as though there is a sampler available, so I think I'll try that out. Thanks for the suggestion! The different scent combinations sound really intriguing.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love reed diffusers. I have no idea which brands I have, I just buy them when I find one that I really like.

I flip ours once a week to keep the scent in the air.

I always look for glass containers that have a very small opening at the top, or even better, I have one with a little cork stopper that has just enough room for the reeds. That way the oil lasts much longer.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I actually do remember to flip the reeds on a regular basis, and the Pottery Barn scents and a couple of the Thymes scents seem to have some staying power so I think it's a combination of the climate where I live (dry), the size of the room the diffuser is in, and the particular brand.

I've sent off for the sampler vials of the Alora Ambiance brand that Tigian mentioned, and I'm going to check out the Yankee Candle version as diamondrgnlover suggested. While I really like some of the Pier 1 scents, I already know that they only seem to work for me in bathroom-sized rooms, but thank you Davi, for the suggestion.

Haven, if you happen to remember any of the brands you have, I'd love to hear what they are, and if you have a favorite scent.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eek! I really have no idea about brands.

My favorite scents are all fall scents, though--pumpkin spice, hot apple cider, etc.

I buy the diffusers anywhere I spot a good deal--discount stores, Target, etc. Sorry I can't be of more help!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1330525299|3137242 said:
I actually do remember to flip the reeds on a regular basis, and the Pottery Barn scents and a couple of the Thymes scents seem to have some staying power so I think it's a combination of the climate where I live (dry), the size of the room the diffuser is in, and the particular brand.

I've sent off for the sampler vials of the Alora Ambiance brand that Tigian mentioned, and I'm going to check out the Yankee Candle version as diamondrgnlover suggested. While I really like some of the Pier 1 scents, I already know that they only seem to work for me in bathroom-sized rooms, but thank you Davi, for the suggestion.

Haven, if you happen to remember any of the brands you have, I'd love to hear what they are, and if you have a favorite scent.

I use Stella Mare because they make natural products. Their candles are soy, etc. I may need to try a stronger one though as I keep the diffuser in my walk-in closet and it doesn't seem that strong... maybe I need to flip the reeds? I didn't know that is suppose to be done.

I like the Italian Orange scent and the candle is REALLY strong! If I light one in my family room, it works for the entire downstairs of my house.

http://stellamarehome.com/products.php

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1330477770|3136827 said:
Tigian, that sounds wonderful. After checking out the website, it looks as though there is a sampler available, so I think I'll try that out. Thanks for the suggestion! The different scent combinations sound really intriguing.
Oooh! I've never tried their sampler. I'm off to check it out. Let me know which ones you like!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
MC, I checked the Stella Mare Home link, and I think I'd love to try some of the candles because the scents sound really fresh. From what you say I'm pretty sure the diffusers won't be strong enough, though. Too bad, because I love citrus fragrances, too. The Jo Malone Grapefruit is one of my favorites, both as a candle, and as cologne.

Tigian, I'll report back once I get the sampler. Did you order any of them to try?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else wants to top off their spring cleaning by adding a diffuser to their routine. Thanks to Tigian, I ended up getting three different scents from the Alora Ambiance collection: Agrume, Bimbi, and Cedro, which were bundled together for a special price. I'm neutral on the Cedro, but the Agrume and the Bimbi are perfect spring-into-summer scents, and I highly recommend them! Good staying power, but nothing cloying or heavy or headache-inducing, just nice, light and refreshing scents to make the house feel welcoming.

davidjones

Rough_Rock
I am using Le Jardin Reed Diffuser and Eau de Mer Reed Diffuser. Both these diffusers are nice and keep the rooms fresh.

davidjones

Rough_Rock
I am very fond of Vineyard Reed Diffuser. It is of White Luxury Paris. Earlier my friend has just shown it to me and it's scent is very much liked byme, since then it is one of my best choice reed diffuser.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I use Yankee Lilac diffusers in Lilac, which is my favorite fragrance. I flip the sticks about once a week. I notice that they last a litte more than a month so I have six of them in reserve, ready to go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results