shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use "Bumpits" for your hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw an infomercial about them one night & thought it was a joke. I searched the next day on the internet because I was dying to see it again -- it was so funny. Especially the tiny Bumpit, made for BANGS.

Its like a Sarah Palin bee-hive maker. Plastic hair scaffolding. Its INSANE looking! But I guess its actually real.
23.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean, are they *SERIOUS*? These folks look like they have tumors growing out of their heads!! Coneheads 2.0

bumpitsgallery.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OMG my Great-Nana used to have a hair thing that did just the same thing...it was referred to as a "rat" and was this lump of fabric stuffed with cotton. She''d wrap her hair around it into a giant bee-hive on the top of her head!

(wow...that''s an old memory!)

LS

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would work if you have a lot of hair and/or a ton of hairspray. When I see those things I picture my hair becoming loose or something and everyone would be able to see the plastic thing.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks so COMFIE too!

bumppix.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect for working out???!!!!????? oh my sides hurt ... *gasp*

bumpscreenshot.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It just sounds like two unattractive body parts shoved together. I''m afraid. I''m verrrrrrry afraid.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Tyra has some pretty bad wigs and weaves. She''s probably the last person I''d listen to for a hair product recommendation
23.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gently tease the hair?! i don''t believe there is a gentle way to tease hair! it all goes against the shaft of the hair and has got to damage it.

mz

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:26:50 PM
Author: princesss
It just sounds like two unattractive body parts shoved together. I'm afraid. I'm verrrrrrry afraid.
EXACTLY, it doesn't look like it would work unless you don't put lots of hairspray to keep in place. do you pin the thing in??

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I guess that it would work for a retro look or could be fun with a costume for Halloween or something. Did I mention I love Halloween and wearing a costume. I would love to see the faces on people if I wore that to the gym however.

Mrs.2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I do actually kinda dig a Bardot look. But as a modern beach girl I am glad that my hair is not expected to be super "done" at all times.

Mrs.2Artists

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I saw a commercial and while some of the bigger ones look terrible, I wouldn't mind a little volume and height to my hair sometimes. Maybe someone who had some success with the product will share?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This look was very "in" two school years ago, according to my students, at least. The girls all wore their hair like this. I saw it a lot when I was out in the city, too, so it wasn''t relegated to just the suburbs.

I totally tease my hair up when we''re going out and I want to look like I have nice, thick hair. I''ll admit it! My mom used to tell me that I was supposed to have been born a Southern girl!

Deco, you crack me up.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:18:23 PM
Author: heraanderson
I saw a commercial and while some of the bigger ones look terrible, I wouldn''t mind a little volume and height to my hair sometimes. Maybe someone who had some success with the product will share?
I was afraid to say it, but as a person who has struggled with fine, limp hair her whole life, that product looks mighty appealing
emembarrassed.gif
I am also interested in hearing any testimonials - good, bad ugly?

I don''t think I''d be wearing it to work out though - LMAO!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard of people putting toilet paper tubes in their hair and having them come loose at unfortunate times (not sure for what hairstyle) so this would be preferable over that I suppose.

Mrs.2Artists

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:16:36 PM
Author: decodelighted
Perfect for working out???!!!!????? oh my sides hurt ... *gasp*
hahaha. These are great. I think it would be hilarious to see women wear their hair to the gym like these photos. lol

On a daily basis though I do "bump" my hair in the front using my bangs... no little gadgets though... Did anyone see Karas hair on American Idol last night? That''s how I usually wear my hair... it keeps hair from getting in my face.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Although I found the commercials for this hilarious, I have to admit, shameless, that I''ve always loved the look of the pony tail with a little bit of volume up front (I think most people pin back long bangs for this). I''ve tried to do that with my hair but it doesn''t work, and that little bumpit looks like it would really do the trick.

I''ve definitely seen this look on my students, but I think it''s on it''s way out already.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:11:11 PM
Author: decodelighted
I mean, are they *SERIOUS*? These folks look like they have tumors growing out of their heads!! Coneheads 2.0

That made me laugh so hard I drooled a little
25.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:26:50 PM
Author: princesss
It just sounds like two unattractive body parts shoved together. I''m afraid. I''m verrrrrrry afraid.
Same here. Every time I see the title of that thread, I think "armpits." Something to boost the volume of arm pit hair!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 8:23:35 PM
Author: Haven
This look was very ''in'' two school years ago, according to my students, at least. The girls all wore their hair like this. I saw it a lot when I was out in the city, too, so it wasn''t relegated to just the suburbs.

I totally tease my hair up when we''re going out and I want to look like I have nice, thick hair. I''ll admit it! My mom used to tell me that I was supposed to have been born a Southern girl!

Deco, you crack me up.
Yes, and I LOVE that avatar, too...I always have to look at it more than once...that dog''s adorable and it''s like you can "feel" her personality coming through the picture.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
People around here wear their hair like this... I mean really, who wants flat hair? I might be inclined to use one myself.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i actually really want one lol
i used to use a scrunchie under my hair to create the bump in high school and in dance for recitals we would use a rolled up sock to create the look lol

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of these things. But glad I know what they are - not that I want one!
Back in the late 60''s, "wiglets" were used for the same effect. I remember my 7th grade
English teacher wearing one, she was real hip back then!

Also remember "Falls". They were pin in hair pieces to give extra length.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 12:13:19 AM
Author: oobiecoo
People around here wear their hair like this... I mean really, who wants flat hair? I might be inclined to use one myself.
I agree! I want one, too!!!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I have thin, thin hair so I would love this too - if I thought it would work. I''d be afraid that people would be able to see it, or would think I have a weirdly shaped head...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results