shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else at work today?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my job 11 months of the year. But I hate December. With a passion.

And i do not want to be here today. At all. In fact I may just cut out and work from home 2:00pm on.

Misery loves company? Anyone else at work today?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I WISH I was! I am in Tahoe for 15 days and now that my friend is at back work and everyone else is gone I am bored with a passion... and I've got 8 days to go... I do have the car today though so I may go to Home Depot (about 30 miles away) for some "idea shopping" (yes, really) for the place I'm closing on in February. I'm sorry you are not happy at the office today Gypsy. I would gladly do some of your work for you if I could!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish you had a car too. I'm only 5 hours away and have a guest room. Plus Neatfreak is here in the Bay Area too.
I'd love to have you down this weekend and run around "idea shopping" with you.

As for work... it is what it is. I support Sales and its always down to the wire in December to book all orders possible for the fiscal year before close. :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am, we only got wed off but shut down early tues. its usually slow this week so i do my order work.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I am. I have worked all week but that is fine with me. We don't celebrate Xmas and in my company someone must be at work in case something happens. I typically always volunteer to work Xmas and NYE as i know my co-workers want that time off for their families. Still I feel I have a mountain of work to do and no end in site.... :(sad

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1388171369|3581412 said:
I am. I have worked all week but that is fine with me. We don't celebrate Xmas and in my company someone must be at work in case something happens. I typically always volunteer to work Xmas and NYE as i know my co-workers want that time off for their families. Still I feel I have a mountain of work to do and no end in site.... :(sad
DH is the xmas worker too.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm working today, too. DH and I both work from home already (although that's about to change for me when my promotion kicks in...5 days of commuting again, here I come... :knockout: [but the job's amazing so it's worth it]) and family is local so we didn't take off any extra time for Christmas. It appears most of my coworkers did, though! Out of 54 people on my quick contacts list, only 7 are active right now, and it's been that way most of the week...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I worked today. My 30 min commute only took 20. I was 7 parking spots from the front!! (WOO HOO!) On my floor, there were probably about 10 people at our end of the building. My phone never rang and no emails (other than social ones!!) I also ended the day in the community, so overall - it was a FANTASTIC day!!

I like working these "in between" days because there are less staff around and things are generally slow for us now anyway.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the first time in 25 plus years I took the whole two weeks off because I hate working around the holidays and it's a slow time of year at my clinics anyway so I figured it's better just to take this time off. This whole time of year sort of depresses me and I decided this year no more working the 2 weeks b/w Christmas and New Year's Day week. I get sort of down during this time of year which is probably due to a combination short days that are never that sunny even when the sun is out and cold weather and too much pressure at the holidays for things to be fun and perfect. I am happy the days are getting longer again and looking forward to the spring. I loathe the freezing weather and hate being stuck inside because I cannot tolerate the cold. On the plus side I have some awesome winter boots and coats so that's something. :bigsmile:

My dh has to work but he can work from home when he wants to so he has been doing that while I'm off so we can make the most if it. He's been on and off busy and has conference calls scheduled throughout the 2 weeks and stuff that comes up like last minute work emergencies but for the most part we've been enjoying time together.

I'm sorry to all those who are working during the holidays who would rather not be and I hope you are still enjoying time with loved ones.
Gypsy for sure go home early if you can and work from home. If I had that option I'd take it in a heartbeat. I am jealous of all those who can work from home...awesome option. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope I never work on Fridays :wink2: I work 4 day work weeks and have Fri-Sun off....I only worked Monday and Tuesday this week :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked from 09:30h and finished at 19:00h today.

I miss my years in big factories when I would finish work on 24 Dec and did not return until 02 Jan by just taking 3 days off from my annual leave entitlement.

Hey ho!

I have booked Wed 24 Dec 2014 off already, and told my boss I did not expect to be refused, as I sacrificed my day off today that I booked as annual leave in 02 Dec 12, in order to let the younger ones in the team to go and visit their families.

My turn to have a proper break, and I am hoping the weather would be nicer so that I can go camping.

DK :))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
No...but I will say something that may give you some perspective (and you know this isn't meant in a snarky sense - I avoid snark).

I was just laid off...

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Begonia, that just sucks. So many companies like to do layoffs at the end of the year. Merry Christmas my butt.
I'm at work right now, just like every night this week and next. My co-worker took the week off and there's only two of us. Work at a newspaper long enough and it'll change your views of holidays.
But I'm not complaining. I came very close to being laid off last month.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1388186407|3581520 said:
No...but I will say something that may give you some perspective (and you know this isn't meant in a snarky sense - I avoid snark).

I was just laid off...

I am so sorry, Begonia. What a terrible time of year to lay people off!!

Honestly, I thought that today. I thought, instead of complaining just be happy you have a job you like 90% of the time.

I did end up coming home at 4 and working from here for the rest of the day. And it is such a blessing.

I'm just not feeling well today. My RA is active in my foot and its making me scared and cranky. Plus, unlike others who while at work are slow this time of year this is the time where we are hopping. It's nonstop from the moment you log on for the day till well after you're exhausted. And its taking its toll after 3 weeks of the same pace. I spent 6 hours talking on the phone while drafting emails and contracts. And another 2 straight drafting and AVOIDING phone calls and emails.

Still and all its the weekend now. So maybe I can relax a bit.

I hope you find a much better job soon.

Best, Me.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, at 6:30 am, for all the people who want to get into the dentist before the end of the year and just decided to call for an appointment. Who goes to the dentist at 6:30 am?????

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was and it was a very long day.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy and Texaskj.

I'm sorry you are feeling overworked and poorly G. RA = rheumatoid arthritis? Chronic pain can mess with you alright - no wonder you are feeling fragile. Is there a stress component to it?

I hope I can find another one soon too G.

Christmas brings up so much crap. I don't want to get started, because I might not stop.

Let's leave it on a positive note, that doesn't involve stuff. What are you really looking forward to this weekend? Some small comfort? A book? A new tea? New cat toy and watch the kitties have fun? My hubbie and kids are going away for the weekend to visit the MIL, and I'm going to clean up and water all of my houseplants. They are going to start waking up soon now that the solstice has passed, and a little plantscaping is in order. I adore my plants. I have a seedpod on one of my hoya's :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, my RA has been active the last couple months and the last days have been making me cranky.

Unemployment is scary. I was laid off three years ago, in May. I took another job too quickly because we needed bullet proof health insurance because my husband was having major surgery. It was the worst job I've ever had.

So take your time if you can and try to get the right job

I'm sorry this holiday season has been decidedly NOT merry for you.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. I just read a couple great books this week. If I'm lucky maybe I'll find a couple good ones for this weekend too.

I have a black thumb. Do you have some pictures of your plants? I'm happy you have a positive outlet.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy! I have plenty of plant pictures to cheer you! It's ok if I post them on this thread?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not????

Post away.

I love threadjacks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely somethings...I can find out the name if you're really interested...

dsc_0745.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idk what this is, but it's been there forever and I'm always intrigued!!!

dsc_0743.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1388217862|3581768 said:
Miniature garden.

GNOMES!!!!

How cool you have such a lovely garden!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1388217609|3581764 said:
Idk what this is, but it's been there forever and I'm always intrigued!!!

What is that???

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1388218171|3581770 said:
monarch64|1388217862|3581768 said:
Miniature garden.

GNOMES!!!!

How cool you have such a lovely garden!

It's not mine! It belongs to a greenhouse very close to where we live. I like to visit and take pictures on weekends during my "relaxing" time!

I have no idea what the hanging tree/sculpture/thing is! But, istn't it cool???!!! I just love going there and hangin out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results