shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone done 23andme - dna?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I saw the price for this service has dropped down to a fairly reasonable level at $99. I was always curious about it but also maybe a little freaked out......

Has anyone done it? Any opinions on if it was useful to you?

Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I am not going to be too helpful here because my memory sucks but I do know that my BIL (my dh's brother) did this a while back and he got loads of info and even ending up contacting a distant family member in Italy. He was very enthusiastic about the whole thing.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I have. Initially I was really excited about it but once all my data was uploaded, I had one week of fun and that's it. LOL! What I'm saying is, what you get out of it is what you're really willing to put in. I didn't want anyone contacting me nor did I want to contact anyone and I didn't learn anything particularly surprising/shocking. I did find the health part interesting and it confirmed for me that I am at high risk for arthritis (but I already knew that because of family history) and macular degeneration (which I had no idea about)...

If you join and look at the community boards, there are people out there that are reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy into genetics and/or geneology. Many of them have had their DNA analysed on several different websites and they refer to those. They are as into it as we're into gems and jewelry.

I imagine it must be really invaluable for adopted children. Anyway, it only costs 99 bucks so what have you got to lose? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results