shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone been to Madagascar??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
So, my new obsession of the moment is going to Madagascar for our honeymoon! Just because it''s random, gorgeous, and there are LEMURS!!!
9.gif

I found this resort and I am TOOOTALLY IN LOVE!!!
30.gif

http://www.anjajavy.com/index_en.html#

So...what do you think? Has anyone actually been there? Heard anything about it??

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I know an older couple who recently spent 2 years there. They loved it! The people are really nice there. I don''t know much else about it, but I think it would definitely be a cool place to go!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Dick Hughes and Mogok (Vincent Pardieu), two gemologists who post on Pricescope, were there together earlier this year, but I may be mistaken!

34.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, thanks guys! I''m doing tons of internet searching and getting more excited......
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I hope this works out!!!!

Any more advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!!! Especially if Dick Hughes & Mogok could weigh in?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2006 1:31:53 PM
Author: albicocca
Any more advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!!! Especially if Dick Hughes & Mogok could weigh in?

I don't know if they usually frequent Hangout, but here is the thread about their trip:

Vincent and Dick Do Madagascar

and here is the site to which Movie Zombie directed people (about Madagascar):

AGTA and Madagascar

Deborah
34.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
albi! that sounds like a memorable honeymoon for sure!

the university i went to for undergrad has a lemur center. it was very cool and informational :)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 4:33:39 PM
Author: lovelylulu
the university i went to for undergrad has a lemur center. it was very cool and informational :)

Lulu - was that Duke by any chance?? I''m from Raleigh and my friends "adopted" a lemur for me for my birthday from the Primate Center (after I became obsessed with monkeys/lemurs) and it is the coolest place EVER!!

Hehe, except maybe for the resort I have my eye on...
31.gif
apparently it''s built right on the edge of a nature reserve, and sifakas just wander into the hotel garden all the time!! I found some hotel reviews from other sites and in a guidebook and EVERYONE is talking about how tons of lemurs are just roaming about!!!!
9.gif

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh...I haven''t been there but I would *love* to travel there!

salmon

Shiny_Rock
You''ll need a little French to get a true feel for the place. You can buy great gemstones there (Sapphires I think) many different colors). Really cool. The forest is getting chopped down and along with it, the natural wild life at an amazing pace. So you better hurry if you wanna see Lemurs. This sounds really disgusting, but it''s really cool. they have Hissing cockroaches in the forest. They look like beetles, not the nasty little buggers you fine in a diry house or restaurant. Really cool, if you like interesting critters and bugs. have fun! Great Place!

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
Ugh...aggressive deforestation
29.gif

Hissing cockroaches? Cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results