shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody in any Auto Clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just wondering if anyone here is in any auto clubs.

I am in the Taurus Club of America. I have a 1997 Ford Taurus GL. I won the Car of the Month for March 2010. My car is on the front page of the Taurus Club website all this month. I guess the thing that makes my car unique or worthy for car of the month is that I bought it for $400 and it didn't run. I put a lot of work into it to get it running + I did the work myself. Then after I got it running, I did some real simple and stock looking modifications to it so it looks like the modifications came with the car.

I also have a 1978 Ford F250. I am a member of Ford Trucks.

I also have a 1975 Honda CB550. It is very special to me because it was my fathers. I put it back on the road after he passed away. I am a member of the SOHC4 forums.

I do my own work, and the clubs have some great resources when I have questions.

post-19583-1266712746.jpg

terceslilf250.jpg

cb550.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a club member but I am very interested in classic British cars, in particular the Triumph Stag. I also really enjoy car detailing and if I remember rightly PurrfectPear also has an interest in detailing too! Those are some great vehicles you have there!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I used to be a member of Porsche Club of America and did a couple of club races with them. I''m currently a member of a vintage car racing organization. Used to race a ''59 MGA twin-cam so I had raced with a lot of British cars - MGs, Triumphs, Healeys, but then I flipped for a vintage Porsche!
1.gif

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I wish I had friends that liked detailing cars! That would be awesome. I don''t have anything that is show worthy, but I try to keep them up.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
www.newbeetle.org and www.tdiclub.com are my lifebloods. If I take a break from here, I am over there. In fact, my husband, best friend, entire wedding party, the people I travel cross country with every year...are all VW folks.

I also used to own jeeps when I delivered rural mail.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
@Portia, ever do the Vintage Grand Prix in Pittsburgh?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a passionate car-lover, but in a different way.

I'm a hypermiling hybrid driver you do not want to be stuck behind.
9.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
@Kenny TDI drivers sometimes try the same thing.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Reader, No I haven''t been to the PVGP. I looked it up and it looks like a great event! I mostly race in the midwest and sometimes the southeast (although I haven''t been down south in a number years).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 2:59:52 PM
Author: terceslil
I wish I had friends that liked detailing cars! That would be awesome. I don't have anything that is show worthy, but I try to keep them up.
LOL! Its a shame you don't live near me, I take my detailing VERY seriously. Here is a typical treatment a la Lorelei.

First, degrease vehicle and snowfoam, if possible its best to get the wheels off in order to clean arches and wheels properly

Wash, 2 bucket method

Clean interior including all crevices, treat plastics and carpets

Clay the vehicle to remove surface contamination

Machine polish paintwork to remove marring and surface defects where possible

Wax - 2 or 3 coats

Finish - trim/ bumpers/ wheels/ glass

To do a car properly takes me a about a week.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
God, I''ve been in so many. Met my husband in a local VW club here in Dallas. Over the years I''ve had Porsches (PCA), Audis (NTAG), VWs (Vortex, VWA) and Subarus (NASIOC).

I''m driving an ''08 R32 and an ''06 STI now.

The R32.

r32_sunnysideup.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the STI.

sti01_01-1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY kewl cars Lauren!!!

Yes my Hubby does support it and enjoys the rewards of having a detailing enthusiast for a wife, as he proudly drives my latest detailing effort!! He thinks its great as I really enjoy it!

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here''s a funny story about my old truck...

I bought it in March of last year and my cousin and I have been working on it off and on. There was a radio in the truck that didn''t work, and we put a radio in it the other night...

The first song that came on "Forever My Darling...."

My cousin said "I''d get out of the truck if I were you."

I said, "I''m not that superstitious."

He said, "Just saying, ever since you had the truck the radio never played, now that you have one, the first song is the song that was on Christine."

I thought about this today on the way to my optometrist appointment... as the song was playing again... "Forever my darling..."

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 11:02:14 AM
Author: terceslil
Do your better halves support your auto enthusiasm?
Yes, my DH supports my passion for auto racing. He loves going to the races and since he''s an amateur photographer he takes his camera along and takes lots of photos. He even likes to watch the F1 and IndyCar races with me on tv.

Here are some photos he''s taken of me racing...

Daytona-sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
The above photo cracks me up because we look like Hot Wheels cars!

Here''s another DH photo. Not his best, but it''s all I have on my computer. My car isn''t as pretty as Lauren''s cars, but it''s a helluva lot of fun!
9.gif

Wheels-up-sm1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results