shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody hear about/see Camilla''s ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the announcement that Prince Charles and Camilla are engaged, I was wondering if anyone heard about or has seen pics of the ring???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know the specs on her ring?

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s about time they got married - they''ve had to wait 30 years! He should have been allowed to marry Camilla 30 years ago.

Yes, I know that he committed adultery....blah blah blah and I know that many on this board will speak harshly of him....but let''s not forget that Diana also committed adultery during their marriage and she was also the mistress of a married man herself - so if anyone wants to demonise Charles and Camilla, then equally they should demonise Di!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just watching Larry King''s show and they said the ring came from within the royal family. What a treasure chest they have, Lol!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read this online:

The platinum ring, a Royal Family heirloom believed to have once belonged to the late Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, features a central square diamond with three small rectangular shaped diamonds, or baguettes, down each shoulder. Paul Greer, manager of Bentley and Skinner, the Bond Street jewellers to the Royals, said if it did indeed date from the 1920s then it would have been at the forefront of fashion. “It’s a very popular style at the moment, very desirable,” he said. “Platinum only began being used in jewellery in about 1910, so if this is a heirloom dating from the 1920s, it would have a very cutting edge design,” Mr Greer said.

Didn''t say anthing about size of stones, etc...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
For all those who are interested, here's a photo I found on cnn.com with Camilla showing off the ring. Looks like maybe an emerald cut?

Edited to Add: Should have read the entire thread first!!! Codex already posted pics!!!!

Attachments

• story.camilla.ring.ap.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 566

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wait a minute! This looks familiar
2.gif

story.ring.closeup.ap.jpg
wowza33.JPG

Do we have some royalty among us???
31.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, you''re right, Sevens!
9.gif
WindowShopper has a ring fir for royals! (but we already knew that
2.gif
).

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yeah- I like "our" Windowshopper''s Much, Much better.
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like WindowShoppers' better!
9.gif

In terms of the whole Charles/Camilla thing...personally I think it's ridiculous he couldn't marry her way back when...BUT because he couldn't marry the woman he loved...he should not have turned around and married Diana. He could have stopped alot of drama and heartache....if he was not over Camilla (which obviously he wasn't since he pined away for her, cheated with her, and now is marrying her)...he never should have gotten married to anyone else and brought them into the whole triangle.

For me it isn't really about the adultery thing since eveyrone was getting involved back and forth, but rather about stopping the whole drama before it even started. Much more damage than just adultery seems like it has been done over the years.
20.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring but not my cuppa tea. I think is suits Camilla perfectly though. I think it''s too old fashioned for a young woman to wear but suits a ''matronly'' woman instead. Just as I think men and women should dress their age (ie no muttons dressed as lamb please), I think it should also apply to jewellery.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 10:15:51 PM
Author: windowshopper
you caught me........................

yes i am camilla
emwink.gif
Camilla, er, I mean windowshopper...I like your ring better too!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hail to the Queen Window Shopper!! Your ring rules, if you know what I mean, ha,ha!

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 10:16
6.gif
7 PM
Author: Mara
I like WindowShoppers'' better!
9.gif

In terms of the whole Charles/Camilla thing...personally I think it''s ridiculous he couldn''t marry her way back when...BUT because he couldn''t marry the woman he loved...he should not have turned around and married Diana. He could have stopped alot of drama and heartache....if he was not over Camilla (which obviously he wasn''t since he pined away for her, cheated with her, and now is marrying her)...he never should have gotten married to anyone else and brought them into the whole triangle.

For me it isn''t really about the adultery thing since eveyrone was getting involved back and forth, but rather about stopping the whole drama before it even started. Much more damage than just adultery seems like it has been done over the years.
20.gif
You''re right - he shouldn''t have married Diana or any other woman when his heart belonged to Camilla. Both Princess Margaret and Prince Charles were not given permission to marry their true loves - and that''s pathetic! So instead, they settled for someone they loved less and look at the mess this has caused. I just hope that his children are allowed to follow their hearts.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Aye, lest us not forget... Charles and Diana was not out of Charles choosing to marry her... it was arranged for him to marry her...

(and I''d still rather have the system we do... than have some slimy president whoes brownnosed and backstabbed his way to the top... at least here hes still not *supreme* ruler... he still has to offically deffer to her.

Remember Royalty is for life, not just for a political term.
28.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
All semantics aside, Camilla needs some work!! I know Diana had to be coached on alot of things before her marriage and I think someone needs to get ahold of Ms. Parker Bowles. I''m sorry, but I''ve seen drag queens that are more feminine than her. She walks like a linebacker in a pair of Manolo Blaniks. And her hair.
14.gif
She''s had the same style for ages. I know she''s tried to change her image by dressing in more designer duds but there is some things clothes don''t cover!!!She doesn''t even look right in them.I just heard on CNN that she was pelted by bread in the grocery store in England. I''m sorry, but that just cracks me up.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
perhaps had charles married her 30 years ago [when she was young] the public wouldn''t feel it necessary to be so critical of 1-her looks [on which the royals will undoubtedly spend lots of $$$ just like they did on di] and 2-be so uncouth as to throw bread at her. why not bemoan charles'' lack of looks and his unmanly behavior in not marrying the woman he loved in the first place? why not throw bread at him?

i find it interesting that the public will attack her when in reality it was the royals to blame in the first place and charles for not doing the right thing at the time. i seem to recall that camilla was also in a car wreck some years back: could she possibly suffer from injuries and/or some physical disability for which she will now be subjected to ridicule? geez, whatever happened to ''do unto others as you would have them do unto you'' ?!
she is an older woman marrying an older man. reality is that we all get older. get used to it.....

its nice to see a happy ending to this story....that is, if the public will let them be happy. the ring is gorgeous and perhaps an indication that the royals have accepted her. they have nothing to lose now as charles will probably defer the crown to one of his sons anyway. the hope for the future is that the royals have learned their lesson. and let''s hope the public will have learned theirs.

i wish i could see all the jewels in their collection!!!!!!!!!!

peace, movie zombie

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 4:24
6.gif
9 AM
Author: movie zombie
perhaps had charles married her 30 years ago [when she was young] the public wouldn''t feel it necessary to be so critical of 1-her looks [on which the royals will undoubtedly spend lots of $$$ just like they did on di] and 2-be so uncouth as to throw bread at her. why not bemoan charles'' lack of looks and his unmanly behavior in not marrying the woman he loved in the first place? why not throw bread at him?

i find it interesting that the public will attack her when in reality it was the royals to blame in the first place and charles for not doing the right thing at the time. i seem to recall that camilla was also in a car wreck some years back: could she possibly suffer from injuries and/or some physical disability for which she will now be subjected to ridicule? geez, whatever happened to ''do unto others as you would have them do unto you'' ?!
she is an older woman marrying an older man. reality is that we all get older. get used to it.....

its nice to see a happy ending to this story....that is, if the public will let them be happy. the ring is gorgeous and perhaps an indication that the royals have accepted her. they have nothing to lose now as charles will probably defer the crown to one of his sons anyway. the hope for the future is that the royals have learned their lesson. and let''s hope the public will have learned theirs.

i wish i could see all the jewels in their collection!!!!!!!!!!

peace, movie zombie
First of all, I''m sure throwing bread at the royal family would probably get you beheaded or something or I''m sure Prince Charles would have suffered from some ''scone throwing'' himself. Secondly, I''ve seen film of Camilla from years ago and she walked and looked the same then as she does now. My point is not so much Camilla bashing but pointing out how much Diana had to go through and how much scrutiny she was under for her every movement, everything she wore, everything she said or did and Camilla needs to clean up her act. NOBODY wants to see a Princess clomping around, hunched over, in high heels with clothed HANGING on her like they were on a clothes hanger. Also, she still had the same bitter, unsmiling horse face when she was younger that she still has today.That''s my opinion, this is not England, and I can say or feel whatever I wish about her.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Mara is right on the nail with this one! Did anyone watch Larry King Live? Whats up with Joan Rivers? Enough of Joan and Melissa putting ppl down all the time! She appears as if shes had more "work" done on her tight
emotion-18.gif
face, and the one caller confronted her and asked her, what if it was your daughter? would you feel the same! Larry King Live is my favorite show, no matter where im at, traveling on the road, etc. I feel im home when Larrys on!!!

Lori-yellowfan

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 3:22:29 AM
Author: Lord Summerisle
Aye, lest us not forget... Charles and Diana was not out of Charles choosing to marry her... it was arranged for him to marry her...

(and I''d still rather have the system we do... than have some slimy president whoes brownnosed and backstabbed his way to the top... at least here hes still not *supreme* ruler... he still has to offically deffer to her.

28.gif

Lord Summerisle,

There are actually academics who have theories that support this gut reaction of yours. That is to say, the ideal system is one where you have a figurehead (like the queen), and then also a democratic government. That way the people''s sense of identity associated with the leadership can stay intact even when there is political turmoil or scandal. Interesting that your reaction falls within this view.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 3:42:35 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
I just heard on CNN that she was pelted by bread in the grocery store in England. I''m sorry, but that just cracks me up.

Okay, that''s just mean. No decent human being deserves that kind of treatment, whether or not you think they don''t walk well in their expensive shoes.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Window Shopper what an amazing coincidence! Both rings are beautiful but I bet yours sparkles more and has a better cut.

I kinda admire Camilla for resisting the temptation to have a little work done. Especially after looking at THIS website where you can see what some celebrities ended up with (Janine Turner -what were you thinking?) http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/
I was thinking about having a little plastic surgery myself one day - now not so much.

As for Charles and Camilla. I congratulate them. 30 years is a long time to be in love but kept apart by circumstances. Even though she might not be every man''s cup of tea she obviously is the one for him - so good luck to them.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 3:22:29 AM
Author: Lord Summerisle

28.gif

what are you babbling about? you might do well to remember there are those of us who like our president and whatever his flaws are they pale in comparison to many throughout history including plenty of folks on your side of the pond

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
THANKS TO SEVENS ONE, MARA, FIREGODDESS AND KALEIGH.....................I LIKE MINE BETTER TOO BUT AN ADDITIONAL 2 CARATS WOULDNT BE BAD. I THINK HER''S IS A FEW MORE .....! BUT I AM YOUNGER AND PRETTIER AND POORER..........HURRAY!
emteeth.gif

sharon scott

Rough_Rock
Camellas rings is a low set Emerald Cut. It looks great, but I am biased I''m love emerald cut stones. It definitely has an "art deco" look to it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
me too a nice Ec is just amazing--i will never forget this amazing black and white photo of ELizabeth Taylor with here babies lying on her chest and she was wearing this 12 carat ish EC solitaire..................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results