shape
carat
color
clarity

Any plans for NYE?

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
We rented the University Student Union Building basement (spacious party room, sauna and a sauna cabinet). About 15 of our group of friends coming to celebrate NYE there. Just something nice and low-key... friends, food and entertainment that is someone else's problem to arrange. :mrgreen: (I'm in charge of the food.)

How about you?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely no plans here! I am not a lover of New Years Eve - too many traumas of my youth! And we have 2 young children aged almost 3 & almost 5, so its just another night here & hubby & I will be in bed by 11pm as usual.

On New Years Day however, there is the NY Hunt, which leaves from our village pub (extremely rural UK, not even a village shop & only 83 residents) so we all gather for that, to see the horses & dogs. Its a drag hunt - no animals are hurt - but its a very big deal where we live. So i'll basically be in the pub by 10am with a glass of wine :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, no plans, dh and I aren't into going out on NYE - so we'll probably go out to eat earlier in the evening and just hang out at home. In fact, dh is usually asleep before 12! I spend a lot of time at my mother's house (part-time caregiver) so I really enjoy just spending time at home.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking the kids skating tomorrow. Daughter picked shrimp for dinner so
I got extra big ones just to make it a little special. Will probably pick up a nice dessert.
That's pretty much the extent of our "celebrating"...oh yeh, DH is going golfing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are having a few friends over for dinner and board games, and of course plenty of wine and champagne. I'm still trying to finalize the menu--hope I get it figured out before morning or I guess we're ordering takeout!

We always used to go see live music on NYE and that was really fun, but nowadays crowds make me anxious and braving the cold coming and going in a cocktail dress is just not my thing anymore.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
monarch64 said:
We are having a few friends over for dinner and board games, and of course plenty of wine and champagne. I'm still trying to finalize the menu--hope I get it figured out before morning or I guess we're ordering takeout!

We always used to go see live music on NYE and that was really fun, but nowadays crowds make me anxious and braving the cold coming and going in a cocktail dress is just not my thing anymore.
I decided on menu yesterday... so many of use have some kind of allergies or intolerances! :shock: Also I had to plan to menu to be easy to do so mostly just chopping and mixing things. Thank goodness, so many of them already signed up for kitchen duty so maybe I'll just sip champagne and delegate. :mrgreen:

Our student budget friendly menu for NYE:
(Christmas) ham with BBQ sauce
roasted root vegetables
green salad
tomato-mozzarella-pestosalad
pasta salad with grapes, cheese and salted peanuts
tiramisu

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Dinner with extended family, as my cousins are visiting from overseas. Thought about braving the London fireworks but it's going to rain and the crowds are just too much (plus we did it last year). Best of all : I don't have to cook as my aunt is hosting!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Watching Kathy Griffin make the Silver Fox squirm and giggle. I am making tacos for dinner, and have chips and dips and the sort to go with. DH is on call as usual, and works til 9 tonight as extra coverage (every year) and I am dealing with some kind of cold situation, so it's just a lay low evening.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As of right now, we don't have any plans. I've gone to a few First Night celebrations over the years, and it doesn't really appeal to me anymore. We'll probably order in and find a few movies to watch.

I do want to go back to Quebec City for NYE again though. My husband and I went 10 years ago, not too long after we began dating. We stayed at a great hotel with a revolving restaurant at the top. We spent NYE and NWD eating amazing food, strolling around Old Quebec, and enjoying the gorgeous views. We had the best time. Someday we'll do it again.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalomeli, good idea choosing something easy that you can delegate portions of! I decided to make falafel and I'll put out hummus and some other tapas type dishes that don't require much prep. Our friends are bringing the game Cards Against Humanity, which is like Apples to Apples but more offensive I guess. Sounds fun to me!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
A relatively early dinner out with my husband and children and then home again. My husband and I gave up the dressing-up/going out thing long ago, which is fine by me =)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chicken fried rice, then probably some pixar movies with the kids. Children in bed by 8:30pm and I bet DH and I will be passed out by 11pm.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just having a few couples and their kids over. Maybe some board games? Good food, good friends and fun! Since there are a bunch of young kids (all 8 and under), my guess is that everyone will be heading home by 9:00! By the time DH and I clean up, we may just make it to the ball drop....if not, I'll be happily tucked in our bed!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not a thing if I can help it. I don't even want to cook.

Oh but loads of champagne and red wine! :lickout:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results