shape
carat
color
clarity

Any doctors in the house??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just found out that my younger sister is having twins. She had an ultrasound done last week, and the technician told her that she was confident they were both boys. She already has three boys, so this will make FIVE! My oldest sister, however, is determined that we will have a girl, so she is saying that one of them is a girl... I have absolutely no experience looking at these ultrasound pictures (and I'm a little biased!), so I was interested to know what you guys think! Tell me your guesses for each baby and why!! :bigsmile:

I will post pictures of baby A and baby B shortly!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry, we can't see the images since they are still in your email account and, of course, we aren't logged on to that!

Save the images to your computer and then click on "upload attachment" tab just over the blue box at the bottom of the posting screen. It will walk you through the process (basically, click on the file, upload it, caption it if you like). If you have any trouble with it, just ask us.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1388776319|3585648 said:
Sorry, we can't see the images since they are still in your email account and, of course, we aren't logged on to that!

Save the images to your computer and then click on "upload attachment" tab just over the blue box at the bottom of the posting screen. It will walk you through the process (basically, click on the file, upload it, caption it if you like). If you have any trouble with it, just ask us.

Dang! I already tried that... I post photos all the time here and I can't get them to upload... will keep trying!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I know that you haven't posted images yet, but I think that this is one of those things best left to your sister's doctor. An ultrasound tech can typically read gender results with about 95% accuracy. The best results are from scans at 20 weeks and beyond. Your sister's doctor should be able to give you more specific odds based on any number of variables (like position of baby, etc.) that would not be available to members of PriceScope.
Either way, congrats on your sister's twins - wishing her a happy, healthy pregnancy :) When is she due?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here we go... what do you guys think? :))

baby_a.jpgbaby_b.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1388779080|3585676 said:
I know that you haven't posted images yet, but I think that this is one of those things best left to your sister's doctor. An ultrasound tech can typically read gender results with about 95% accuracy. The best results are from scans at 20 weeks and beyond. Your sister's doctor should be able to give you more specific odds based on any number of variables (like position of baby, etc.) that would not be available to members of PriceScope.
Either way, congrats on your sister's twins - wishing her a happy, healthy pregnancy :)

It's just for fun -- they've already told her she's having twin boys. Looks obvious to me, but wanted to see what others thought... Umbilical cord in the way?? Weird angles? :bigsmile:

Excited to be an aunt again -- now to NINE BOYS!! :o :bigsmile:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
msop04|1388779239|3585680 said:
momhappy|1388779080|3585676 said:
Either way, congrats on your sister's twins - wishing her a happy, healthy pregnancy :)

It's just for fun -- they've already told her she's having twin boys. Looks obvious to me, but wanted to see what others thought... Umbilical cord in the way?? Weird angles? :bigsmile:

Excited to be an aunt again -- now to NINE BOYS!! :o :bigsmile:

Awww.. you should be excited - not everyone gets to be an aunt to twins :razz:
There is always a chance the ultrasound could be wrong. A good friend of mine was told they were having a girl and the baby turned out to be a boy. They were completely shocked because they had planned for a girl (in terms of nursery, girl clothes, baby names, etc.).

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1388779507|3585686 said:
Awww.. you should be excited - not everyone gets to be an aunt to twins :razz:
There is always a chance the ultrasound could be wrong. A good friend of mine was told they were having a girl and the baby turned out to be a boy. They were completely shocked because they had planned for a girl (in terms of nursery, girl clothes, baby names, etc.).

I know what you mean... the doctors told my mom that she was having a "big boy" the entire time. Not only did my mother not have a boy, she left the hospital with TWIN GIRLS!! Yes, the sister having twins is a twin herself! =) Of course, technology has drastically improved from 30+ years ago... ;))

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Those are boys!

For extra reassurance, check out the Ultrasound board on Babycenter. There's an actual u/s tech on there, as well as several other very knowledgeable people.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, look like wienners to me! Congrats to Mom, Dad and Auntie!

My dh comes from a family of 5 boys (no girls). My dh, the 3rd child, was suppose
To be Celine then there were 2 more oops after him.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am no help ... I can barely even make out where the babies are!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, not a doctor here, but a layperson with some interest and experience in fetal ultrasound images.

I agree with the tech - both babies are clearly male to me. The images are known as "potty shots"... where we are looking up at the underside of the baby's buttocks as if it were sitting on a potty. I clearly see "turtles" (what the male anatomy is informally referred to, lol).

Congrats to your sister. I have twins too, it's total chaos in the beginning but gets much better later on. I ended up pumping because I could not master nursing two babies at once.

Anne

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your sister (five boys, wow I hope she's the energetic sort, I have to lie down just at the thought!) It's hard to tell from a single shot but they look like boys to me. I have twin cousins, but they're girls. And wonderful ones too.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Baby A is clearly sporting a wanger. I'd need a better shot of baby B, but I'm sure the tech had a good look. Five boys! :shock: :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
msop04 said:
the doctors told my mom that she was having a "big boy" the entire time. Not only did my mother not have a boy, she left the hospital with TWIN GIRLS!!

That's hilarious! Congratulations, Auntie!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1388784115|3585752 said:
Those are boys!

For extra reassurance, check out the Ultrasound board on Babycenter. There's an actual u/s tech on there, as well as several other very knowledgeable people.

Oh, that's cool -- I didn't know there was such a thing! Thanks!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1388791836|3585829 said:
Yep, look like wienners to me! Congrats to Mom, Dad and Auntie!

My dh comes from a family of 5 boys (no girls). My dh, the 3rd child, was suppose
To be Celine then there were 2 more oops after him.

You know what's so funny is that my mom had 4 girls and those girls have had ALL BOYS... well, so far. ;))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1388800713|3585931 said:
I am no help ... I can barely even make out where the babies are!

Charmy, I couldn't either at first!! :lol: My sister had to point "it" out! :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
anne_h|1388801542|3585942 said:
Hi, not a doctor here, but a layperson with some interest and experience in fetal ultrasound images.

I agree with the tech - both babies are clearly male to me. The images are known as "potty shots"... where we are looking up at the underside of the baby's buttocks as if it were sitting on a potty. I clearly see "turtles" (what the male anatomy is informally referred to, lol).

Congrats to your sister. I have twins too, it's total chaos in the beginning but gets much better later on. I ended up pumping because I could not master nursing two babies at once.

Anne

Potty shots with turtles! Can't wait to share that with my sister! HILARIOUS! :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1388834864|3586101 said:
msop04 said:
the doctors told my mom that she was having a "big boy" the entire time. Not only did my mother not have a boy, she left the hospital with TWIN GIRLS!!

That's hilarious! Congratulations, Auntie!

Thank you!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1388801830|3585946 said:
Congrats to your sister (five boys, wow I hope she's the energetic sort, I have to lie down just at the thought!) It's hard to tell from a single shot but they look like boys to me. I have twin cousins, but they're girls. And wonderful ones too.

She's a trooper, Rosetta! I know I could never handle that many kids!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing like having your "junk" online before you are born! :twirl:

Looks like boys to me!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh EXCITING, twins! I had twin boys and looks like boys to me! Congrats! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results