shape
carat
color
clarity

ANTM - America's Next Top Model

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone watch last night?

I love this show, although I could do without Tyra. I love Nigel, Ms J and Jay.

Anywho, this is what I think of some of the girls:

Kari - She's very cute....kind of got that girl next door sexy pouty thing going..but they compared her to a Bratz doll and they're right on... she does kind of look like one.

NNenna - she's the one from Nigiria (sp).. Grogeous!!!!!!! I think she'll go far...right now I think she'll win but it was only the first episode.
20.gif

Jade -
20.gif
Could she love herself more??? The girl is 26, being the oldest one and thinks she is the next Super Model. Honey, if that was the case you would not be a 26 year old in a modeling competition.

Wendy - She's is beautiful.. just perfectly odd looking. I think, hope, she'll go far. She was a victim of Katrina
8.gif
so hopefully that won't affect her ability to do well in this competition.

Furonda - She thinks she's great...she has a rude awaking coming. I think she'll go far but she won't make it to the end.

Gina - needs a backbone, totally contradicted herself in the beginning when she has her 'one on one's with the J's and Tyra. I don't think she'll make it far.

I'm excited to see what kind of make overs they give them next week.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...the fact that I watch just about every show ya''ll post about says something about me...like I CLEARLY watch too much tv.

And oh yes, I watch it and I LOVE it.

Didn''t get to watch last night though...family in town...will watch tonight!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 9:40:11 AM
Author: littlelysser
Okay...the fact that I watch just about every show ya''ll post about says something about me...like I CLEARLY watch too much tv.

And oh yes, I watch it and I LOVE it.

Didn''t get to watch last night though...family in town...will watch tonight!
Sorry, I should have put ''spoiler''... hope I didn''t ruin anything.
38.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
HA i watch this show too -- well I DVR it and then fast forward through most of it.

I like Sarah the best so far. She seems nice, down to earth and pretty with enough edge to actually be able to take some of those weird shots they always make them do

I think they picked a LOT of really weird looking folks this year. I think the girl who went home was sweet but in WAY over her head.

I think Jade needs to get broken down and rebuilt again as Ms J said

I think it will be an interesting year

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE this show! My husband hates that I watch it. Says it''s so superficial but I don''t care. I could also do without Tyra. She annoys the crap out of me.

Jade: She''s pretty enough. I don''t think she has ANY self-confidence. She''s 26. You know she''s tried out for at least the last 3 or 4 ANTM. She has a lot of insecurities and this is why she feels she needs to build herself up and break others down. I think she is the one with the rude awakening coming.

Sarah: Love her!

Kari: Cute. Kinda like a persian cat.

Gina: UGH! Get a backbone. She''s cute enough.

Wendy: I like her odd look. She definetly looks like a model to me.

Nenna: LOVE HER! Her look, her attitude, her posture! LOVE HER!

Furonda: Don''t get her look.

Leslie: GORGEOUS

I can''t remember the others! I''m glad I have yall to watch ANTM with!

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
awwww I missed it
face14.gif

I LOVE that show...I''m a sucker for ANTM >.<

I was too busy though...hopefully I can catch up!!!!
5.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 10:50:51 AM
Author: miyabi_na
awwww I missed it
face14.gif

I LOVE that show...I''m a sucker for ANTM >.<

5.gif
It was the first episode, you didn''t miss awhole lot. I don''t really think it gets good until the second episode.

I wonder who they are going to give a super short haircut too?? I think sometimes the makeovers they give are way too much. Like that girl last season who they cut her really long hair super short than wanted to cut it even shorter.
23.gif

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 10:59:09 AM
Author: Caribou

Date: 3/9/2006 10:50:51 AM
awwww I missed it
face14.gif

I LOVE that show...I'm a sucker for ANTM >.<

5.gif
It was the first episode, you didn't miss awhole lot. I don't really think it gets good until the second episode.

I wonder who they are going to give a super short haircut too?? I think sometimes the makeovers they give are way too much. Like that girl last season who they cut her really long hair super short than wanted to cut it even shorter.
23.gif
Yeah but I like to see all the girls that come and then get cut...they sometimes do and say the funniest things to the judges in their first impressions
38.gif
LOL!!!

I liked the way they cut that girl's hair last season...she had the perfect face for the short style....She even looked more sophisticated. I just thought it was so condradicting that she claimed she would do whatever she had to to be a model- so she goes into it KNOWING that models have a new hairstyle almost everyday- and then she acts so stubborn and whiney the whole time
14.gif
I was kind of glad she was gone.

So far, out of all the seasons, my favorite model was Naima- I thought her attitude and personality were as equally beautiful as her physical features
9.gif

And my favorite seaon so far was Cycle 3 when they went to Tokyo. I've been to Tokyo and I'm in LOVE with the expression and fashion there (no, I'm not talking about Gwen Stephani's "Harajuku girls"...she kinda americanized Tokyo street fashion with all that
14.gif
)....so to see them do a Top Model on that was very exciting...I knew all the places they went, and all the labels they modeled...
I can't wait for both of those cycles to come out on DVD
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

maaan...now I wish I didn't miss it last night...getting all excited over it again...
Anyone know if they're going to do a rerun of that episode this week? Usually they run the first ep one other night on UPN.....

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:10:23 AM

Yeah but I like to see all the girls that come and then get cut...they sometimes do and say the funniest things to the judges in their first impressions
38.gif
LOL!!!
Yes, there was Dani....she said in her video that she basically didn''t like anyone that wasn''t like her...including gays. So she goes in front of Ms J (gay), Jay (gay), and Tyra and Tyra asked her about it....she tells them that she doens''t agree with their life style. Then all three tell her that basically ahair dressers, stylists, makeup artist, and fashion designers are GAY! D''uh!!!!!! She was a trip..insulting everyone that was different from her.

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:19:36 AM

Date: 3/9/2006 11:10:23 AM

38.gif
LOL!!!
Yes, there was Dani....she said in her video that she basically didn''t like anyone that wasn''t like her...including gays. So she goes in front of Ms J (gay), Jay (gay), and Tyra and Tyra asked her about it....she tells them that she doens''t agree with their life style. Then all three tell her that basically ahair dressers, stylists, makeup artist, and fashion designers are GAY! D''uh!!!!!! She was a trip..insulting everyone that was different from her.
face21.gif
DOH!

sometimes I swear....the flakiest people are on this earth.....
38.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I think Cassandra''s haircut would have been less drastic on her if they did not make her a blond. It seems that everytime they dye a brunettes hair blond on ANTM it looks really organgey (Michelle and Cassandra).

I can''t wait to see the makeovers. It is one of the best shows IMO.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I LOOVE NIGEL! too! and Jay Manuel. Ms J definetly has "her" own style. I didn''t dig the hat "she" was wearing in Cycle 5 finale.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:46:17 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds

I LOOVE NIGEL! too! and Jay Manuel. Ms J definetly has ''her'' own style. I didn''t dig the hat ''she'' was wearing in Cycle 5 finale.
Now Ms J has a t-shirt that every week will be one less number. Tyra asked one of the ladies something about Ms J, I wish I could remember what it was, but the girl referred to Ms J as a ''she''. It was pretty witty and funny, the panel got a kick out of it.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:53:32 AM
I consider Ms J a lady. Being a lady is in the way you carry yourself and Ms J is a lady.
Oh I agree, it''s hard to look and him and think ''man''.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
ok - i remember what they asked that girl --
She said she was from some small town and something about how they hate change and things they think are strange or something to that affect. Then Tyra asked her what would happen if the girl brought Ms J home with her and the girl said: "Oh they''d LOVE her. They don''t have anything against black women"

It was pretty funny.

Yeah - I think Jade and Furonda are gonna both have mini breakdowns.

I really like Leslie too

Joannie and Wendy look a little weird to me - but a lot of models look crazy in real life and then all the makeup and hair makes them look either crazy or amazing!

I think they do the replay on Tuesday night?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay I want to watch when is this on...I always see the recaps of the season on VH1.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Matatora. I was in S. Korea when they aired Cycle 5 on primetime! I caught up with the entire season this Saturday on the VHI ANTM marathon!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:48:58 AM

I LOOVE NIGEL! too! and Jay Manuel. Ms J definetly has ''her'' own style. I didn''t dig the hat ''she'' was wearing in Cycle 5 finale.
Now Ms J has a t-shirt that every week will be one less number. Tyra asked one of the ladies something about Ms J, I wish I could remember what it was, but the girl referred to Ms J as a ''she''. It was pretty witty and funny, the panel got a kick out of it.
I think it''s when Leslie said that her family would go crazy if she brought home a Black guy, and then Tyra said what if you brought Ms J and then she said they don''t have a problem with Black girls.

Gina makes me mad. I think she needs to grow up, get a backbone and realize that being Asian American dosen''t mean she has to decide if she is Asian or American. She grew up bi-culturally, and she should embrace it. I always find it''s weird and hypocritical when someone says that they won''t date guys of their own races. I didn''t like that.

Nnenna definitely seems like the front runner right now. Her skin is flawless. Very pretty.

Jade needs a beat down. She is the insecure bully.

I don''t have a favorite just yet.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:33:36 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Gina makes me mad. I think she needs to grow up, get a backbone and realize that being Asian American dosen''t mean she has to decide if she is Asian or American. She grew up bi-culturally, and she should embrace it. I always find it''s weird and hypocritical when someone says that they won''t date guys of their own races. I didn''t like that.

Nnenna definitely seems like the front runner right now. Her skin is flawless. Very pretty.

I agree about. Gina, she was contradicting hersefl left and right, I was glad that they called her out on it. I find her to be slightly immature but she did at least admit that she hadn''t found herself.

Jade, I think, thinks she is superior for several reasons on being she is one of, if not, the oldest one there. She certainly does need a beat down.
38.gif

I don''t really have a favorite either...I''m really like Nnenna and Wendy though..but they aren''t necessarily y favorites. They are some very pretty girls on the show this year.

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:33:36 PM
Author: qtiekiki

Date: 3/9/2006 11:48:58 AM

I think it''s when Leslie said that her family would go crazy if she brought home a Black guy, and then Tyra said what if you brought Ms J and then she said they don''t have a problem with Black girls.

I agree....It''s really annoying to come across the people who act like that. Or the kind who just try to claim one culture and totally ignore the other culture they come from....

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love this show!!!! It''s one of my favorites on tv next to AI and Survivor and AR. Okay, I need to seriously get a life. LOL But I feel right at home here amongst my PS pals.

My DH sees me watching this one (it''s the only one he doesn''t like) and says, "You''ll just watch anything, won''t you?" I just laugh and laugh.

shay

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay.

Just finished watching.

I love Sara, Nnena, Danielle and Brooke. Brooke has a huge jaw and a strange face, but I think she could be really pretty.

I hate Jade with the heat of thousand conceited, self-important suns. Boy is she a pile of stuck up sucktastic suckitude.

Gina...eh, very pretty, not good bald. Also not good when words are coming out of her mouth.

Joanie looked very pretty in her pic, but she''s a touch on the not so classy side, what with the amatuer stripping and all...eesh.

Kari is perfectly cute, but not a model.

Poor little country Kathie...But her nose was too pointy and her face just wasn''t right.

The rest haven''t really moved me one way or the other.

But I DO LOVE THIS STUPID SHOW!!! YAY BAD REALITY TV!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t say I''m a big fan of the show, but I wanted to share this: a few of my girlfriends and their co-workers started an ANTM fantasy pool last season, they had so much fun with it. I think there were about 15 ladies involved, who each put in $10. I watched a few episodes on my own, but I just couldn''t get into it. Tyra just bugs me to no end!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I hate that I sometimes watch this show, but I do!
9.gif
I don''t make a point to sit down and watch it, however if I see it on (like I did last night) I will watch.

I cant'' stand Ms. J
14.gif
and I hate when they bring Janis Dickinson on - I think she has about as much class and beauty and anna nicole smith
14.gif
. I''m glad they have twiggy on there now. She''s alot better.

The girls crack me up. Some of them act like they are so mature and worldly at the oh-so-old-age of 21 or 19
20.gif
Like they''ve seen it all and know exactly who they are and what they are about. Sure. okay. whatever....
20.gif

But I do root for some of them. I''m usually pretty pleased with the winners. I will say this much though - what ever happens to them? I don''t really think they become the next "top model" because I sure don''t see them on many magazine covers or in any fashion shows. When I think of a top model, I think old school - like Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford. There was a time when you couldn''t go anywhere without seeing them on TV or on a cover somewhere. They were truly supermodels, back when our culture was obsessed with tall, curvy, purely GORGEOUS women. Now we are obsessed with skinny celebrities. So I kinda feel bad for these girls who think they are going to be the "next big thing" or "it" girl, when really, people tend to forget about them.

ah well - that''s showbiz!!
9.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 11:58:32 PM
Author: IrishEyes
I hate that I sometimes watch this show, but I do!
9.gif
I don''t make a point to sit down and watch it, however if I see it on (like I did last night) I will watch.

I cant'' stand Ms. J
14.gif
and I hate when they bring Janis Dickinson on - I think she has about as much class and beauty and anna nicole smith
14.gif
. I''m glad they have twiggy on there now. She''s alot better.

The girls crack me up. Some of them act like they are so mature and worldly at the oh-so-old-age of 21 or 19
20.gif
Like they''ve seen it all and know exactly who they are and what they are about. Sure. okay. whatever....
20.gif

But I do root for some of them. I''m usually pretty pleased with the winners. I will say this much though - what ever happens to them? I don''t really think they become the next ''top model'' because I sure don''t see them on many magazine covers or in any fashion shows. When I think of a top model, I think old school - like Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford. There was a time when you couldn''t go anywhere without seeing them on TV or on a cover somewhere. They were truly supermodels, back when our culture was obsessed with tall, curvy, purely GORGEOUS women. Now we are obsessed with skinny celebrities. So I kinda feel bad for these girls who think they are going to be the ''next big thing'' or ''it'' girl, when really, people tend to forget about them.

ah well - that''s showbiz!!
9.gif

I actually agree. I read an article in the Times saying that most of these girls will never make it big because American models are just not "in" right now--different nationalities become big on runways at different times, right now it is Eastern European, before that it was Brazil. A lot of the foreign girls will work a lot harder than the americans and never whine about it (stand on one foot for 12 hrs, never complain or ask for breaks)

My stepmom was a runway model, mom was commercial, grandmother was...well, ''pinup''. It''s a brutal business..have to say I am glad the gene skipped me!

None of them look great to me except maybe Kari, but more of an actress look there.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not seen the show this year, but I went online and they had pics of everyone. The only girl that looked truly different was Mollie Sue. Is she still around? Most of the girls were really odd looking this year.

I think I''d like to see a plus size America''s Next Top Model. Then at least the women could look like they eat occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results