shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Hollywood ending...

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I guess this is a case of two people growing apart of the years. It is sad, since clearly they removed themselves from the Hollywood lifestyle in order to keep their family life and relationship as normal as possible.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Huh, didn't see that one coming, unlike Cruise/Holmes.

What I find interesting is that it seems virtually impossible for 'stars' to keep their marriages together. I think it has a lot to do with long stretches of not seeing each other combined with long stretches of seeing each other far too much. Normal relationships usually mean you're apart for 8+ hours of the day while one or both are at work, and you can have separate interests, friends, and then have a lot to talk about when you are together, and nobody is gone for 3+ months or 20+ hour workdays. I also think the same thing happened to the likes of Heather Armstrong of Dooce, since she and her husband were together 24 hours a day. Humans might be made for monogamy, but I don't think we are built to be with the same person 24/7 for 40 or 50 years.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am sure there are crowds of women, all selflessly willing to help you, packrat. :naughty:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
He always appears to need a good hot soak in a tub. And a shampoo. :nono:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1341317230|3227793 said:
That's too bad. I should go comfort him. :lickout: :saint:
My thoughts exactly. :devil:

I am always sad to see a long-term relationship come to an end, though.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's sad. I was hoping that they would make it.

It does seem virtually impossible for most people to keep marriages together, not just stars. I'm starting to think that this isn't such a bad thing. People change, they don't always grow together. Why stick with something that's no longer working? I'm sure we all want it to work and live the dream of being happily married until death do us part, but that doesn't seem realistic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1341362885|3228243 said:
He always appears to need a good hot soak in a tub. And a shampoo. :nono:

Double ditto- everytime I see him I think he needs a good shower, shampoo and shave!! :knockout:

Rhea|1341389331|3228414 said:
That's sad. I was hoping that they would make it.

It does seem virtually impossible for most people to keep marriages together, not just stars. I'm starting to think that this isn't such a bad thing. People change, they don't always grow together. Why stick with something that's no longer working? I'm sure we all want it to work and live the dream of being happily married until death do us part, but that doesn't seem realistic.

I don't think it's realistic to expect to live a fairy tale life happy and blissful all the time. That's not how life works. If you're with the right partner you want to work it out and see the relationship through all the hard times as well as the easy and fun times. Life is hard and it makes it that much better to live it with someone you can count on to be there for you through it all. It's lovely to have someone who is your soft place to fall when things get difficult as well as to share all the happy times.

It seems unrealistic to expect relationships not to hit bumps in the road. Of course to each his own but I feel it is a shame (not commenting on Hollywood marriages as most of those people live in a different world with different values IMO) that so many marriages fail. If people didn't rush into things and took their time before getting married and having children perhaps we would see longer lasting marriages. Who you are in your early twenties is usually different than who you are in your late twenties/thirties and beyond (of course there are happy long lasting marriages that started in the early 20's so not disparaging those at all just commenting on my general observations).

I see how wonderful it is when marriages work out for the long term and how amazing that deep bond b/w 2 people can be and how much it enriches your life. I wouldn't trade that for a number of happy short term relationships ever. Give me one long lasting real full of ups and downs nitty gritty relationship full of love and teamwork and support over a few superficial happy all of the time short term relationships any day!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
The sad thing about their split is that they appeared to genuinely have a friendship and Depp had made the point that he only really discovered what life was about when he had his first child. The temptations out there for him though would be huge but might not lead onto anything as meaningful as what he had with Vanessa.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are so bad, packrat! you could honestly say you showered with Depp! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results