shape
carat
color
clarity

Annoying Co-workers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t had this thread in a while... What annoys you that your co-workers do?
2.gif

One of mine is clipping his fingernails RIGHT NOW!
29.gif
I swear you would think he had 50, he''s been doing it for 10 minutes!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Currently my co-worker is begging me go go to Taco Bell for him. He will not shut up! Every time we cross paths he starts obnoxiously begging. No means no, not keep asking and I will think about it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread, Meresal. I was just having one of those I''m-about-to-strangle-someone moments. My co-workers CONSTANTLY ask me the most ridiculous (and I''m sorry, but yes there ARE stupid questions) questions about their computer issues. Like, "Monnie, how do I get rid of this screen?" (Answer=click on the red X at the top right corner, for the 445th time.) Or, "Monnie, I opened an email, now how do I send it to someone else?" Omg. I answer the same questions over and over. And the people asking me are the owners of the company.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 2:59:51 PM
Author:meresal
We haven''t had this thread in a while... What annoys you that your co-workers do?
2.gif

One of mine is clipping his fingernails RIGHT NOW!
29.gif
I swear you would think he had 50, he''s been doing it for 10 minutes!

That is SO wrong. I''ve seen people do that on the train in Chicago and it honestly makes me gag! I would contemplate saying something to this co-worker, even if it was in a joking manner! HURL!

I have no annoying co-worker stories at the moment, but probably will when I start my new job Monday, ha!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Someone on my bus started clipping his TOEnails a few weeks ago! I almost vomited.
14.gif

The guy next to me is always bouncing up and down out of his seat. Stand up, look around for someone, sit down, repeat 76453 times a day. It drives me nuts! Especially because I have to quickly click out of PS.
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I have a co worker that comes and talks to us every morning. She only talks about herself. And it lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes. If someone comes in late, she has to come over when they come in to talk to them about herself. Nobody likes her. The other day she thought it would be appropriate to just come in my cubicle and grab my desk phone to use. Then I had to sit there while she had her conversation to see why the girl across from me''s phone was not working. Needless to say it pissed me off.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Monarch- That sounds like my old manager. I am no longer underneath her, but she is still only 2 cubes away. Her new associate and I sametime ALL day about her. Stupidest questions EVER, and she''s one of those people that makes comments outloud for no reason at all.

"Did you all see that email about the address changing?"
"Why in the world did this(??) screen pop up??"
"Ohh shoot, locked out of my computer again."

20.gif

Sunny, what do they call those, "Cube Gophers"! Too funny about the PS thing. I sit in front of a glass pane and all of my co-workers sit behind me... so I can see when they get up from their desk and walk towards my desk in the reflection!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I used to work on a government contract in the training dept, and let me tell you it''s no picnic trying to teach older employees basic computer skills. Some of them couldn''t even type
20.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
People who keep talking to me when they can see I''m trying to concentrate on something.

I''ve turned away from you, stopped responding, stopped nodding, am staring intently at something else, and yet you STILL keep on TALKING to me???!!
29.gif

Ahh, that felt good
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I chew ice...I''m sure it annoys the person next to me. It''s a habit, I do it when I''m bored. I have no issues with others around me though.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
He''s a BIG guy and he makes fat jokes about himself all the time. If the three of us around him say ANYTHING, he''ll say "oh, cause I''m fat?!" I know he''s joking, and of course he IS joking, but...it''s uncomfortable.

Also, he tells random facts, and "you wanna hear something funny" all the time. They''re never interesting and never funny. *sigh*
20.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 4:47:50 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I have a co worker that comes and talks to us every morning. She only talks about herself. And it lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes. If someone comes in late, she has to come over when they come in to talk to them about herself. Nobody likes her. The other day she thought it would be appropriate to just come in my cubicle and grab my desk phone to use. Then I had to sit there while she had her conversation to see why the girl across from me''s phone was not working. Needless to say it pissed me off.
Ugh, I have a co-worker who has to tell me all about last evening''s events every single morning. Ok, first of all, I need to be getting work done and so do you. Second, I HATE morning talkers. I am going above and beyond the call of human duty as it is to be up before 10 a.m. no matter what day it is--the last thing I want to do is exchange pleasantries with anyone. Next, I really don''t care about the fact that you fell asleep in your chair last night while reading the paper and woke up in the same chair this morning. WHY do you feel compelled to tell me about your sleep habits? I don''t care! And I don''t even try to ACT like I care when you are standing in front of my desk blathering on and on about it. I don''t even look at you! Nodding and saying "uh-huh" every so often while typing and looking at my computer screen means I am not interested.

I just want to do my job and assist clients. And make money. Listening to co-workers'' mundane daily lives and answering idiotic questions about computer skills they should be required to have to be employed (like I do) isn''t helping me with any of those things. All it accomplishes is making me want to keep a flask in my desk drawer.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 3:14:13 PM
Author: monarch64
Thanks for starting this thread, Meresal. I was just having one of those I''m-about-to-strangle-someone moments. My co-workers CONSTANTLY ask me the most ridiculous (and I''m sorry, but yes there ARE stupid questions) questions about their computer issues. Like, ''Monnie, how do I get rid of this screen?'' (Answer=click on the red X at the top right corner, for the 445th time.) Or, ''Monnie, I opened an email, now how do I send it to someone else?'' Omg. I answer the same questions over and over. And the people asking me are the owners of the company.

Oh dear Lord, YES. This happens to me constantly. Really - how did they get a job using computers all day if they have no idea how they work?

The guy behind me cusses under his breath all day long, and makes a "shh shh shh shh" noise (really, sounds like a dad shushing his kid) tunelessly when he has his headphones on. ARG.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 5:01:35 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 1/6/2010 3:14:13 PM
Author: monarch64
Thanks for starting this thread, Meresal. I was just having one of those I''m-about-to-strangle-someone moments. My co-workers CONSTANTLY ask me the most ridiculous (and I''m sorry, but yes there ARE stupid questions) questions about their computer issues. Like, ''Monnie, how do I get rid of this screen?'' (Answer=click on the red X at the top right corner, for the 445th time.) Or, ''Monnie, I opened an email, now how do I send it to someone else?'' Omg. I answer the same questions over and over. And the people asking me are the owners of the company.

Oh dear Lord, YES. This happens to me constantly. Really - how did they get a job using computers all day if they have no idea how they work?

The guy behind me cusses under his breath all day long, and makes a ''shh shh shh shh'' noise (really, sounds like a dad shushing his kid) tunelessly when he has his headphones on. ARG.
I am laughing out loud right now! This is one of those things that would drive someone so mad they end of on the evening news! I swear!
32.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 4:47:51 PM
Author: meresal
Monarch- That sounds like my old manager. I am no longer underneath her, but she is still only 2 cubes away. Her new associate and I sametime ALL day about her. Stupidest questions EVER, and she''s one of those people that makes comments outloud for no reason at all.

''Did you all see that email about the address changing?''
''Why in the world did this(??) screen pop up??''
''Ohh shoot, locked out of my computer again.''

20.gif

Sunny, what do they call those, ''Cube Gophers''! Too funny about the PS thing. I sit in front of a glass pane and all of my co-workers sit behind me... so I can see when they get up from their desk and walk towards my desk in the reflection!
Meresal, I spend a fair amount of time IM''ing friends about how OBLIVIOUS people in my office are. I mean, how long have computers been in offices now? Long enough for people to have caught onto the very basics, right? And it''s not just computer skills...it''s anything at all. Commenting out loud over every little thing, and asking questions that, if one just stopped and THOUGHT about, would not have to be asked so as to interrupt me 18934987634 times a day.
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ones who talk at the top of their lungs annoy me. What makes them think that everyone wants to overhear everything they have to say?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm lucky I adore all the people I work with to no end. They're all really great folks.

Years ago however I worked with this aged Southern Belle- she had the classic southern name like "Billie Jo" (ya know, a boy's name with an "ie" added and middle name ALWAYS included). She was so painfully dense it made me want to cry. Once she came up to me with a calculator and was like "What's this lil' crossy thang do? Is it the taaaaahhhhms?" Translation: "Excuse me, but somehow I managed to make it through to my late '60s without recongnizing the multiplication key on a calculator!" No. She wasn't kidding. At all.

I also once had an evil manager who hated me, for some unknown reason. She would go through my briefcase looking for "dirt" on me, investigate any loose floppy disk, and any number of horrifying things. For the years she worked with me and my DH she would call us on every. single. day. off. and then usually demand we come in to do... something. Her favorite tactic was to say she "smelled something funny" and so we'd then have to come and sniff the building. For real. One of my favorite "sniffing" trips was when she swore she smelled propane, and so we hauled butt the 40 miles it took to drive in, and discovered the city using a propane torch right outside the door. Mystery solved! It was insane and I really nearly went nuts working with her.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Today - - my little Valentine buddy annoys me.

I walked in to find a small gumball machine on my desk with the words "Be Mine" emblazoned on it. Whoever wants me to be their Valentine didn''t notice the wedding photo on my desk??
38.gif
''Course, everyone else had to snicker and comment.
20.gif
"Got a secret admirer, do ya?!"

And ugh, anyway. If I liked someone, cheesy gestures like that would make me think twice.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This thread is hilarious!! I stay home, so I guess my co-workers are my family members. Luckily, I don''t find them annoying!!

While working in the optical field, I was in charge of implementing new equipment and systems and teaching everyone else. One woman actually cried when she saw a new piece of equipment and continued to cry the whole time I was teaching her to use it (3 days!!) Even after she learned, she would frequently get up (with the patient sitting there) and just walk away!! Oh, and the whole time she did those giant eyes.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results