shape
carat
color
clarity

Anna Nicole Smith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw her too, she was a cutie.

There were times ANS looked amazing, gorgeous, and other times she looked look a caricature of herself and of a blonde past her prime. It was sad to see that spectrum on all of the shows. She did interviews with HKS and acted like it was a huge joke that they would be intimate in any way...granted it was a couple years ago, but she did not look like she was into him at all.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 10:01:59 AM
Author: hlmr
I saw the baby on tv last night and she is sure beautiful. I think she looks like the ex-boyfriend who was first to question whether the baby was his or not....blond and blue eyed.
So isn''t the only way you can get a blue eyed baby is with two parents who have blue eyes? I thought HKS had brown eyes? Or do many caucasian babies start out with blue eyes? I heard that somewhere...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 11:43:41 AM
Author: TravelingGal

I saw the baby on tv last night and she is sure beautiful. I think she looks like the ex-boyfriend who was first to question whether the baby was his or not....blond and blue eyed.
So isn''t the only way you can get a blue eyed baby is with two parents who have blue eyes? I thought HKS had brown eyes? Or do many caucasian babies start out with blue eyes? I heard that somewhere...
rumor starter!
http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=29

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 11:43:41 AM

Yeah, eye color can change. When was the baby born?

Isn''t methodone what heroine addicts take to move away from the illegal drug?

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
1) yes eye color can change

2) Simple explanation....Blue eye color is a recessive trait (you need 2 (one from mom and one from dad) for the trait to be expressed...non-blue-eyed parents can have blue-eyed babies/kids...because they can have they can have only one (which they can give) and also have the more dominant one (ie brown, green).

Example (simple)...

B = Brown (dominant); b = blue (recessive)

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

Mom and Dad give one each (B or b) to baby

Baby can be BB, Bb, Bb (all brown eyed) OR bb (blue eyed)

3) Methadone is used to treat heroin addiction, but it can and is also used to treat chronic pain...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:11:54 PM
Author: diane5006

2) Simple explanation....Blue eye color is a recessive trait (you need 2 (one from mom and one from dad) for the trait to be expressed...non-blue-eyed parents can have blue-eyed babies/kids...because they can have they can have only one (which they can give) and also have the more dominant one (ie brown, green).

Example (simple)...

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

3) Methadone is used to treat heroin addiction, but it can and is also used to treat chronic pain...
OK, so I think I have it backwards. If you are both blue eyed parents...someone''s in trouble if you have a brown eyed kid...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
No, I didn''t mean that she had to be his baby because she had blue eyes and blond hair. I just I thought she looked like him the most, out of all the possible choices. Those recessives genes can be really tricky!
2.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:15:37 PM

Example (simple)...

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

OK, so I think I have it backwards. If you are both blue eyed parents...someone''s in trouble if you have a brown eyed kid...
Not if both blue eyed parents have brown eye recessive genes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:29:29 PM

Example (simple)...

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

OK, so I think I have it backwards. If you are both blue eyed parents...someone's in trouble if you have a brown eyed kid...
I don't think blue eyed parents can have brown eyed genes...they are dominant. In order to have blue eyes, you have to show up bb, in which case you only have small bs to give - resulting in a bb child every time, right?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
The link that belle posted is excellent. It can be quite confusing but very interesting and I think I understand it better now. Thanks belle!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think brown is always dominant. It''s not that 2 blue eyed parents have dominant blue, it''s more like they only have recessive so the recessive wins. If there''s any chance of brown the baby will have brown. Green and Hazel are also recessive. My parents have 1 blue and 1 hazel and my brothers and I have blue.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i always thought that even if both parents had blue eyes, if someone in their family like mom or dad had brown then the baby could end up with brown too. maybe my memory is faulty, lol.

this story is more and more crazy. the superficial has pictures of her with the bahamian official and also said that HKS got $1m for appearing on some news show crying about ANS''s death and saying something about he hopes she is finally reuinited with Daniel etc. the drama lives on.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well now that I think about it, I guess instead of trying to figure out eye color genetics for poor little Dannielynn, we should all be hoping that some of the mental midget genetics we''ve seen have not been passed down.
38.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Oh geez, I was wondering when he would make his appearance. I think he is a major sleeze. Wonder what would happen to the money and baby if ANS was aritifically inseminated by someone other than these 4+ men (which is what I think happened).

Meredith

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Geez - now in an interview w/ Stern''s sister (everyone is in the act now) - she had a 105 temp. She didn''t want to go to the doctor fearing publicity.

Didn''t Mara say she had recently had surgery? I wonder if she developed some sort of staff infection. That can be one nasty bug.

You would think that if HKS is the baby''s father that he would go ahead sooner rather than later with the paternity test.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:33:09 PM

Example (simple)...

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

I don''t think blue eyed parents can have brown eyed genes...they are dominant. In order to have blue eyes, you have to show up bb, in which case you only have small bs to give - resulting in a bb child every time, right?
They could have hazel eyes, but I don''t think blue. My dad has grey blue eyes and my mom dark brown eyes and my brother and I have hazel eyes. Eye color can be codominant. Stark blue with a B in there, though, probably not.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Eye color is determined by a large number of genes that express in different ways to create the spectrum of eye colors we see in humans; eye color is NOT a simple BB x bb = Bb genetic cross! More like AABBCCDDEEFFGGHHII x aabbccddeeffgghhii... Yes, 2 blue eyed parents can have a brown eyed child, depending on the combination of genes that they pass on to their children. Yes, 2 brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed child, depending on the combination of genes that they pass on to their children. There are several genes involved in eye color determination and geneticists have not yet gotten the relationship of these genes straight. Belle's link is a fantastic explanation of eye color genetics and how complicated it is, but here's a (hopefully) simpler more intuitive explanation.

Let's say we're trying to mix paint colors up for an art project, but we only have primary colors to work with. If we mix blue and yellow together in equal amounts, we get green. If we were to add more yellow, we would get a lighter green. If we were to add a bit of red to our blue/yellow mixture, we would get a brownish color. Just as we can add different amounts of paint into our mixture to get different shades and tints of paint, each gene of many that help code for eye color adds a little bit of its particular "paint" to our eye color "mixture". Let's say that I also have a pot of black paint. If I mix that paint into my other mixtures, it will make all of them darker and "cover up" the other more subtle colors we would otherwise have made. In the same way, some of our eye color genes determine the tints and colors in our eyes, while other genes can influence how much of those tints and colors are actually seen (adding black paint). These illustrations I've detailed above are only including 3 or 4 different paints (genes). Imagine the spectrum of possibilities when you have more paint colors adding to the mixtures (genes coding for eye colors)!! Hope that's helpful!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
As far as the blue eyed thing goes no. It''s that if both parents have blue eyes the child will have blue eyes and not brown or green. But even two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed child.

I have green eyes my husband has blue eyes and my daughter has blue.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babies eyes can change color for up to nine months or so. Usually the darker the blue at birth the likelier they are to change from blue. I have very blue eyes and my hubby has hazel, my dad had blue, my mom and sister green, and I have three kids with hazel eyes. My mother in law sis in law and father in law all had dark brown. All three had darkish blue eyes at birth. Methadone is a heroin withdrawal drug, her son had it in him but I think it was for back pain of some sort, off label use maybe, do not know many people who use it as a pain med but I would not know.

Saw Prince von Arnhalt (sp) on tv, said he had a ten year relationship with ANS and Zsa Zsa is ticked (ya think?) ...he made a mistake (for TEN years?) but that she said she did not really have a lot of intimacy with HKS and if Dannielynn is his regardless of Zsa Zsa''s feelings he wants his daughter in his life. One Larry King interview showed him saying he loved ANS but she did not say she loves him, HKS said, Well, I hope so will or something like that. Prince said he COULD be the father, but so could Larry Birkhead, and that the tabloids sought HIM out when they found evidence of the relationship. He actually seemed like the most normal so far, though Larry has seemed pretty consistent as far as his story and their relationship. She clearly was having intimate relations with lots of men at the same time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they doing an autopsy? I think it''s more than a little odd that her 20 year old son just dies and now the 39 year old mother dies.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 8:12:33 PM
Author: EBree
Since we''re talking about babies and eye color, I thought I''d post this link. It''s pretty cool!

What color eyes will our children have?
That was interesting....too bad it doesn''t include hazel, which both my dad and I have. Picking brown or green wasn''t exactly accurate.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 8:14:55 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Are they doing an autopsy? I think it''s more than a little odd that her 20 year old son just dies and now the 39 year old mother dies.

Someone else said (a friend of ANS''s) that HKS, Daniel and ANS were the only ones in the hospital room and that HKS went to get food for Daniel, who had not been tired but ate the food and said, Why am I tired suffenly? and then he died later. Supposedly Anna was screaming at Howard "Why did you do this" or something, the whole hospital heard her. Now she is dead mysteriously and he is the only one left who was in the room.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:33:09 PM

Example (simple)...

Mom = Bb = brown eyed
Dad = Bb - brown eyed

OK, so I think I have it backwards. If you are both blue eyed parents...someone's in trouble if you have a brown eyed kid...
I don't think blue eyed parents can have brown eyed genes...they are dominant. In order to have blue eyes, you have to show up bb, in which case you only have small bs to give - resulting in a bb child every time, right?
I also don't think eye color is Mendelian. I think co-dominance exists for this trait, and I thought it was polygenic.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 8:44:38 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I also don''t think eye color is Mendelian. I think co-dominance exists for this trait, and I thought it was polygenic.
you are definitely right on that one!

I wish the model included hazel as well. But I don''t think the model actually accounted for the appropriate allele distribution though anyway. Both green and brown are set to .5 which is obviously not right.

My mom has hazel, my dad has blue, I have bright green. Both of my brothers have hazel, and my sister also has green but darker than mine. Pretty interesting.

My FI has really pretty dark brown eyes, which I think would likely outweigh any genetic contribution I make most likely giving our potential children brown eyes. But I don''t plan to have any so we will probably never know
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 9:05:29 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 2/13/2007 8:44:38 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I also don''t think eye color is Mendelian. I think co-dominance exists for this trait, and I thought it was polygenic.
you are definitely right on that one!

I wish the model included hazel as well. But I don''t think the model actually accounted for the appropriate allele distribution though anyway. Both green and brown are set to .5 which is obviously not right.

My mom has hazel, my dad has blue, I have bright green. Both of my brothers have hazel, and my sister also has green but darker than mine. Pretty interesting.
I think eye color is so fascinating. My dad has hazel or green eyes (can''t remember which), my mom has green eyes. Of their 3 children, 1 has blue eyes, 1 has hazel eyes, 1 has brown eyes.

I love how eye color develops as well...my friend''s baby was born with grey eyes and a big brown splotch right on the side of one iris. It was interesting to watch how long that stayed. She''s 1 now and it''s gone, her eyes have darkened. The mom has green eyes, the dad brown.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s funny because earlier I was thinking what would Judge Judy have to say about all this., And now she is on Larry King Live. I love how she is so direct and gets to the point.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Yes eye color is more than just Mendellian...I just gave a simple example to show how brown eyed-parents can have blue-eyed babies...other than contacts

I also hope that the baby gets some good traits from her parents...whoever they may be

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 8:21:44 PM
Author: diamondfan

Someone else said (a friend of ANS''s) that HKS, Daniel and ANS were the only ones in the hospital room and that HKS went to get food for Daniel, who had not been tired but ate the food and said, Why am I tired suffenly? and then he died later. Supposedly Anna was screaming at Howard ''Why did you do this'' or something, the whole hospital heard her. Now she is dead mysteriously and he is the only one left who was in the room.
Um, when I heard that he (HKS) was with them when the son died, it gave me the creeps. Too many coincidences.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 11:57:18 PM

Date: 2/13/2007 8:21:44 PM
Author: diamondfan

Someone else said (a friend of ANS''s) that HKS, Daniel and ANS were the only ones in the hospital room and that HKS went to get food for Daniel, who had not been tired but ate the food and said, Why am I tired suffenly? and then he died later. Supposedly Anna was screaming at Howard ''Why did you do this'' or something, the whole hospital heard her. Now she is dead mysteriously and he is the only one left who was in the room.
Um, when I heard that he (HKS) was with them when the son died, it gave me the creeps. Too many coincidences.

He totally creeps me out. He always has.

But Diamondfan, I hadn''t read that. I just can''t figure out what kind of man leaves his fiance/wife/lover in bed with a 105 degree fever instead of taking her to the hospital, regardless of publicity. Anything over 103 becomes pretty dangerous, and since she had just had surgery it''s a pretty clear indication she had an infection. And what the heck was she doing drinking with all those drugs in her system several days after surgery. If he''s not guilty, he''s negligent at best, and since he stands so much to gain it puts him in a very bad light.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results