shape
carat
color
clarity

Animal rescue -- heartbreaking

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if this is allowed, and I'm not soliciting lol.. but for those interested, the site is awlflc.org :saint:
I live in Maryland.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't take it that you were soliciting. I'm just happy to be able to help. I will do it right now. Keep up the great work.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post that email address again. I tried to go on and it would not take me to that site.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Here is the link to donate:
http://awlfc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

They always update their "wish list" for things like gently used towels and toys, too.

Thank you, GemFever! I did NOT mean to take any thunder away from Ginger, her foster colleagues, or the other charities mentioned here. Anyone and everyone who contributes to these organizations is making a huge difference in the lives of these helpless animals!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
"Gem Fever," or "Gem Queen"? either way, I am going to donate money right now. Anyone want to follow or match me??
Now that is a challenge!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I just did my good deed! :tongue:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen, if you read the whole thread, you'll be pleased to see that many of us have already contributed in response to this thread. :praise: :bigsmile:

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I am proud to be in such compassionate company. :saint: :wavey:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the women (and few, but proud, men) of PS are truly generous, kind souls - especially when it comes to animals!

I can't bear to add up how much of my income goes to animal rescue. DH would kill me if he ever saw raw data. :oops: :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope your organisation follows up with the RSPCA and prosecution. People who do that to animals cats, dogs, horses, (we used to live in rural Australia years ago and sadly in drought times I have seen horses and cows and sheep like that) should NOT own animals.....

justginger

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1362923463|3401188 said:
I really hope your organisation follows up with the RSPCA and prosecution. People who do that to animals cats, dogs, horses, (we used to live in rural Australia years ago and sadly in drought times I have seen horses and cows and sheep like that) should NOT own animals.....

Our organization has no ability to follow up this situation. :nono: She was surrendered directly to the council rangers, and it is their responsibility to investigate, then choose to prosecute or not. Not even the RSPCA routinely handles cases like this (in fact, the RSPCA is SHAMEFULLY bad at actually doing anything about the great majority of abuse cases, as I've personally experienced).

Of course these owners SHOULD be named, shamed, fined, and banned from owning pets. That's just not the reality of government in Australia yet. :blackeye:

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
To just Ginger. That and jewelry :o

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been checking in on Journey on Facebook and the rescue just posted a set of photos of her today looking SO GOOD. Here's one for those who aren't on Facebook.

I'm still disgusted that anyone could let a living thing get to that point of starvation. At least they surrendered her I guess. I wish they would be prosecuted, too, but I'm grateful she has such wonderful people taking care of her.

225515_437631286313213_1782704896_n.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

She...look... AWESSSSSOME!!!!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a sweetheart she is. Beautiful dog! :love: :love:

She is looking much better.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1362971507|3401715 said:
I've been checking in on Journey on Facebook and the rescue just posted a set of photos of her today looking SO GOOD. Here's one for those who aren't on Facebook.

I'm still disgusted that anyone could let a living thing get to that point of starvation. At least they surrendered her I guess. I wish they would be prosecuted, too, but I'm grateful she has such wonderful people taking care of her.

I am so glad to see that she looks like a dog again! DH and I were horrified by her first pics... She is beautiful!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
It's wonderful to see she's looking much better. Thanks for the picture.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank goodness, poor baby, she's looking so much better :appl:

I wish we could give this kind of caring and love to every single living creature

eta: GemQueen - OMG those cats are ADORABLE - the gray one looks like a toy, and Romeo looks exactly like I would picture a Romeo to look like!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the comments on my cats. They are wonderful and great animals. They love each other and were meant for each other.
Romeo is an American Shorthair. Gracey is a British Shorthair. Love. Love. Love!

Lissacake4

Rough_Rock
My heart is so broken over this story. I cried when I saw the photos and have been checking back every day for updates. Bless the people that are caring for this sweet girl! She looks so much better in just the short time these angels have had her. I cannot understand how such cruelty exists in this world, but this thread shows how much beauty and love there is also. Pricescope truly has some of the most compassionate and generous people I have encountered. I am always inspired by this community to give more and do more with my local animal charities.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my god! Sending so many good thoughts! Poor puppy! How on earth could someone let her get like that? Oh I hope she can have a loving home and plenty of food and playing for the rest of her life!

(The other thing I think is that gee, I must have a really overdeveloped sense of caring because I feel horribly guilty and like a bad pet-parent if I go a whole day without spending as much time as usual with my pets. Even telling myself that the only reason I can spend so much time with them is because I work from home, and I don't think people who work in offices 8-10 hours a day are being bad pet-parents, does not make me feel better. So the thought that someone could neglect their pet to this degree is just unfathomable.)

justginger|1362210738|3394396 said:
Boatluvr|1362156841|3393701 said:
OMG! This is just so horrific - that poor puppy. I'm sending much dust your way Journey. May it be a good journey for you from here on - you have finally found good people to care for and love you. I just do NOT understand how some 'people' can live with doing this to an animal - they (the 'people') are the animals. No consciences.

You've identified the problem. It alarms me to know that people like this live amongst us. :errrr:

Did you ever see the study where they put a fake squirrel on the side of the road, right on the outside of a lane, and discovered that while most people either kept driving in the lane or dodged a little to ensure they avoided it if it moved, something like 10% of the people dodged out of their lane to try to hit it. There are people who are monsters. Ugh.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry, I mean to thank Gem Queen!
I'm so happy to see our girl looking better in the last photo! Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy this story had a happy ending.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
any updates on journeys journey?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Life is very good for Journey. She's got unlimited food, lots of toys, foster siblings to play with (both human and canine), and her foster mum lets her sleep in the human bed! :bigsmile: Her progress is astounding and her contentment is very obvious.

journey5.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

She looks amazing!!!!! I'm so happy!!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
She looks just grogeous. The boys are cute, too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh if this could just be her forever family! Ginger: is all her infection gone then? Clean bill of health? Yay!!! :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1363893180|3410469 said:
Oh if this could just be her forever family! Ginger: is all her infection gone then? Clean bill of health? Yay!!! :appl: :appl:

She looks so... peaceful. Content. And healthy!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks so relaxed and comfortable! I'm so glad she's doing well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results