shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing Race is BACK!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Are there anyother AR fans out there?

Ok, now I''m just watching it on tivo so I''m about an hour behind, but I''m so glad it''s back! I''m also happy that they are already out of the country. I was dissapointed that the family race was mostly in country.

I just had to share, it''s sooo funny that the hippies got to their bags and out of Red Rocks first. The other racers were like ''how''d the hippies do that?''. Heh. Red Rocks is a major hippy music venue! I''m sure they must have been there a bunch of times.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damn I''m glad you just posted this, I added it to TiVo ... missed the first 50 minutes but hey I got the rest!!

I didn''t like the previous one with kids and families and stuff so am hoping this one is back to the original format !!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
YAY! AR makes me so happy! (the glass of TJ''s wine isn''t hurting either).

So who are you guys rooting for??

I''m totally for the hippie guys. They are just so cute and enthusiastic. that and all the grateful dead my beloved bf plays must have corrupted me.
2.gif

The mother and daughter team and the nerds are tied for second favorite team.

Heh, am I the only one who enjoys it when someone melts down because of cars? The episode that hooked me for life on Amazing Race was the one where a bunch of teams put unleaded in diesel cars. such a horrible sadist!
5.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, although I generally a reality tv whore, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show.

I seriously think it is the best reality show EVER and is a fantastic show...

LOVE IT.

I''m so glad it is back.

The TAR family edition totally stunk. I''m glad we are back to foreign locals and tough challenges.

Not sure who I like.

The nerd couple is certainly cute. I like the hippies, but their shtick may get old. Like the older couple, but they have a real knack for picking the worst detours...

I KNOW I don''t like:
MOJO, Dentist and his Wifey and the Pinks.

Other than that, I''m fairly ambivalent...for now...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Love this show.

I like the hippies, the nerds, and the no-ambition jocks!

I''m ambivalent about the old couple, Yolanda and her dude, and the pinks

I''m not fond of the mother and daughter, the mother gets on my very last nerd.

I didn''t like the two teams who got eliminated first so that worked for me.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE this show!! I actually own the dvds for season 1 (the best season) and season 7--I know I''m a total dork!

I haven''t picked a favorite team yet. I love the dorkiness of Lori and Dave. They are too cute! The hippies are fun. Not digging the lazy jock boys and the cheesy pink girls. They bug me. Why is it that the older couples always pick the WRONG detours?!!?! It kills me! I kind of like Ray and Yolanda, the mother/daughter team doesn''t bug me too much and the barbie and ken MOJO team is ok. I really don''t like the mean Southern guy and his wife--Lake and whatshername. He seems like a real jerk--shades of Jonathan and Victoria...

I love this show so much! I''m so glad there are other fans here!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just started watching this season last week...the family one TOTALLY turned me off, I was so sick of seeing US locales after the 2nd episode, I love how they have to go to foreign countries and be able to play the game there without knowing the area or the language, to me that is part of what makes AR great.

I don''t have a favorite, but the Pinks bug me, the Jocks who just talk about sex...not into the dorky couple, they work the nerve too with their silly giggling sidebars...don''t love the mother daughter team either. In fact I don''t really like that many teams right now.

I like the older couple but they do be choosing the wrong things, its like why would you choose the climbing the rock thing over the sugar cane one?? It''s not rocket science that I wouldn''t want to be climbing a rock face at age 65! I always feel bad when someone''s car breaks down or something...what a horrible stroke of luck.

The frosty sisters that got booted last nite were so irritating. Stop crying about the damn car and just drive!! I also just crack up whenever teams lose it over what seems like really simple stuff.

The rest I am just ambivalent about I guess right now. We''ll have to see how competitive the teams get as the game goes on.

For me I typically need to get further into it to get excited about any one team. My fave so far (I have only seen about 4 seasons of AR) was Amber and Rob...hehee I just loved watching them.
11.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 12:01:55 AM
Author: Wren
YAY! AR makes me so happy! (the glass of TJ''s wine isn''t hurting either).

So who are you guys rooting for??

I''m totally for the hippie guys. They are just so cute and enthusiastic. that and all the grateful dead my beloved bf plays must have corrupted me.
2.gif

The mother and daughter team and the nerds are tied for second favorite team.

Heh, am I the only one who enjoys it when someone melts down because of cars? The episode that hooked me for life on Amazing Race was the one where a bunch of teams put unleaded in diesel cars. such a horrible sadist!
5.gif
OMG, Wren, you''re my twin. I love all of the above. I really love AR. I started watching it before Amber and Rob, but they are the reason my DH watches now. We really wanted them to win. Rob was so evil and I loved it. Does that make me evil too? Oh well, don''t care.

I hope the Pinks (which are meh) give beach boys the thumbs down on national tv because they deserve it.

The Glamazons (sisters eliminated last night) got on my last nerve and all the ones above it. Who squeals like that? OMG, I''m so not a girly girl. I''m a tomboy. If my sisters did that I would have lost them in public quickly. (sorry had to vent)

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't sorry to see the Frosties (Glamazons) get the boot. The older couple is nice, but they need to make better decisions for heavens sake. That southern guy in the married couple is just obnoxious. And what is with the blonde in the Mojo couple jumping up and down all the time??? I'm having a hard time deciding who to cheer for this time. Maybe the hippie guys, we'll see as the show progresses.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
So happy I''m not the only one watching this! I used to watch with a friend, so it''s a little lonely to watch AR by myself.
7.gif

I certainly wasn''t sorry to see the Frosties go either. sooo annoying.

I just don''t understand what led the older couple to pick those detours. I''m good at putting things together, but I certainly wouldn''t vote for putting together a motorbike! And the cliff?? oy!
20.gif
I always want to root for the older people under the theory that they''re the underdogs, but it''s a bit hard to in this case.

The nerds are cute, and a fellow nerd shouldn''t say this. But they could really get on my nerves. And every single time he says something about how much he loves her, how long they''ve been together, how perfect etc etc.. I just want to shout, so marry her all right all ready!! Geez! (Sorry, I''m an LIW)

Yeah, the southern couple are my least favorite team. I really don''t like him. I just hate controlling men like that. And did you catch that comment of his in the airport the first show?? Made me want to smack him upside the head!

I like Yolanda and Ray too. Does their team have a nickname yet? It''s nice to see a couple who get along so well, and it seems like he really respects her.

Which ones are MOJO?

I''m still rooting for the hippies, because I have soft spot for them. And nothing seems to phase them, although it''s still early.

I am sooo looking forward to next week''s show. I love the super frustrating tasks, and those russian dolls look like a winner!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mojo is the Barbie and Ken cute looking couple. She is a blonde. I think Mojo stands for their names, I believe Monica and Joseph or something like that. Yes next week looks very interesting.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe that that woman is married to that southern jackass. I don''t remember the comment but he is ALWAYS snapping at her. ALWAYS! It drives me nuts. I''ll be glad to see them go.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle and Lake have got to go. I would NEVER tolerate ANYONE telling me to shut up in such a rude and condescending manner, let alone my spouse.

All I heard from them was:

SHUT UP
Don''t be a bitch
SLOW DOWN
Michelle, if you tell me to shut up one more time....

GO AWAY MICHELLE AND LAKE!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 9:18:50 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Michelle and Lake have got to go. I would NEVER tolerate ANYONE telling me to shut up in such a rude and condescending manner, let alone my spouse.

All I heard from them was:

SHUT UP
Don''t be a bitch
SLOW DOWN
Michelle, if you tell me to shut up one more time....

GO AWAY MICHELLE AND LAKE!
He is one of the reasons that some people think that Southerners are idiots. We simply cannot keep the most ignorant amongst us off the television. He''s ignorant. She''s the idiot who married him. They should both wear t-shirts that say I''m with stupid.

shay

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I must say, that I am actually liking MoJo, which I didn''t think I''d do...And the nerd couple has totally grown on me. I think these may be my two favorite teams...I was a little worried about ''em, but because it is a non-stop quasi-pit-stop, I''m not too concerned.

Those boys and the pinks are disgusting. The way they paw the girls...and the way the girls just kind of giggle about it. yick. Also, pinks are not so bright...what the forgetting the fanny pack...

Old people are sooo negative...all the time. I wanted to like them, but I don''t.

Hippies seem kinda fake to me.

Lake is so annoying...and his wife may be just as bad...asking if he really wanted her to be in a bathing suit in front of all those Russians. And saying she didn''t want to do the roadblock because she might have to be naked? DUH. Argh. and also, Feh.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
FTLOD - Feh is like Meh, but with a touch of disdain and disgust thrown in for good measure!
31.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 3:21:54 PM
Author: littlelysser
FTLOD - Feh is like Meh, but with a touch of disdain and disgust thrown in for good measure!
31.gif
Love it! Make sure to use it appropriately for your AI commentary. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results