shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing Race: All Stars

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
is anyone watching the season premiere tonite?!

i am tivo''ing it so i just started watching it...but i am super excited!! i only got into AR in the last 3-4 seasons and i love Rob and Amber...so i am jazzed to see them again as well as some of the other teams i recognize like the Barbies and Kentucky and Uchenna and Joyce...should be interesting!!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I am always so slow to get into the new shows-what is this about? I am stuck with Apprentice which I know is kinda lame but I can''t help it, and Desparate Housewives......

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear Mara, I feel like such a helpless case, since I don''t understand your post. That''s what a few years in the Middle East does! I don''t recommend it. What''s it all about? No harm in having me wishing I could view it!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love Amazing Race!! Plus it''s one of the few shows my fi enjoys too! I''ve only gotten him addicted in the last couple of seasons but I''ve been watching for awhile so I''m happy to see some old favorites. I think I started in the middle of season 3.

Uh, for those who don''t know.. it''s a reality show with eleven teams of two that race around the world. They follow clues to the next location, they often have to complete a task either together or just one team member to get the clue. Whoever is last to the next pit stop gets booted until there are only three teams left. The first team of those three to the finish line wins a Million dollars!
The human interaction is just fascinating since you''re watching teams of people with prior relationships who are under a great deal of pressure and who are competing with the other teams. Something as little as picking the right taxi driver or the right team member to complete a roadblock (task) can make or break them. I love watching the back stabbing that takes place over plane flights, or the inter-couple bickering when they get lost.
31.gif
Then there are the melt-downs, the strategies, the alliances, the betrayals, mechanical failures, injuries, overcoming phobias, and the disasters!
This season (are we on season 11 already?) the teams were chosen from the runner-ups or fan favorites of previous seasons.
AR is the only realty tv show to win the Emmy for best reality tv show! 3 times in a row I think?

Sorry for the plug, but it''s my favorite show!

I''m not that surprised at who got eliminated today. I thought at first the bald NYrs would go, but they sure were determined! Glad that''s not my car! I wonder if it''ll come back to bite them next week?

5.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Indiejones, thanks for filling us bewildered folk in, it sounds like a great reality show. I wish we got it here. Perhaps in a few years the tapes will make it here. We''re always behind the times.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I watch it too sometimes. I''ll either get into a season and watch it regularly or not. So I know about as many of the folks as you do Mara.

I was definitely rooting for Uchenna and Joyce to beat Rob and Amber in their season, but since they obviously still haven''t used the money to adopt or whatever, I''m not sure what I think. And Rob and Amber really are good competitors.

I like this show because it''s more skill than anything . . . if you''re last, you''re last, and you can''t convince the jury not to vote you off.

One of my favorite quotes come from a previous AR season. It was one of the "old" couples, and the husband said, "The fickle finger of fate has diddled us again." Sometimes I pull that one out at an appropriate time.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just started watching the Amazing Race five or so seasons ago, but it is my favorite reality show. I wasn''t too excited to see that they were having an All Stars version, but after watching last night I think it is going to be pretty good. Rob and Amber are kind of overexposed, but they are wonderful competitors. It is nice to see some of the others like the two blondes have another go at it.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love amazing race...i love and hate rob and amber at the same time hahaha

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been watching since season 1. It has to be one of the best shows on tv!! I hate Rob and Amber--wish they weren''t on it at all. Looking forward to seeing a lot of my old faves though!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol that is the funniest quote!! i liked the one last nite about 'i told you more cardio, less martinis!'...hahha.

i LOVE rob and amber. not because i love them in particular, but they are seriously fierce competitors, they work super well together and i really do like that they seem to be doing so well together in love, life etc. i like that they seem to have found love 'against the odds' kinda thing and that they have really quirky and unusual personalities because it underscores the whole 'someone for everyone' thing....i mean rob must be hard to live with right?! haha. but i think amber is a sleeper...she is way more sneaky and savvy than people think, i imagine. and honestly i think they are both kinda cute, like they really do great together, in the last AR they hardly ever bickered and they didn't disrespect each other like so many of the other couples do by getting on each other or losing it on the air. so while i can totally see how some people are so over them, i love watching them and i like how they seem to rile up the other competitors, it makes for fab race watching lol. i was jazzed to see them come in first last nite.

also re: uchenna and joyce, yeah they are kind of confusing to me as well. when they were on there saying why they came back on the show, he was like 'well we are drifting apart again, and not being able to conceive is really hard on our marriage etc' which i can totally understand but are you planning on going on AR every time you guys have a rough patch? how about you try some real world strategies to make things work? maybe your environment and lifestyle is what is drawing you two apart? anyway...i thought it was kind of a random statement and if they work so well together on the race and it makes them close, figure out a way to incorporate that into real life. also yes weren't they talking about adoption last time if invitro didn't work?

also i love that kentucky is back on it...i know that they got some good exposure last time and they are good compeititors but they were really passive last time so i'd like to see them step it up a notch this time and really fight. the barbies are annoying but they are also great competitors, i could see them easily going up against rob and amber a few times and the battle being great between those two teams. i don't know too many of the other people...but it looks interesting for sure.

oh and LOL minimouse, yeah i could see how my title could be construed as super vague if you didn't know the show, hehee. indie gave a fab recap of how it all works...at first i was not quite into it but after you learn who the teams are it really is super fascinating to see how people interact under extreme stress, some of the couples just get downright vicious (rob and kimberly from last season and that other couple..ummm dark haired dude and blonde chick from like 2-3 seasons ago? victoria and john? he was always SO mean to her!!! and they have a BABY now by the way!!)...i always tell greg if we went on the show we'd probably end up divorced afterwards....i don't think we'd be that great under that type of performance pressure. we'd probably always be fighting over who gets to read the map lol! OR maybe it'd surprise us and we'd do fab.

honestly i sometimes feel like a lot of the couples that go on there do it as 'last resort' like make it or break it...and to me that's so extreme..a tv show is deciding your relationship?!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
It was hysterical to watch kentucky try to be sneaky and mean by telling the Barbies that the longer flight was the fastest one. They''re just so bad at being bad!
31.gif

I was certainly rooting for Uchenna and Joyce the first time around, but now they''re just annoying me. Seriously, get counseling and adopt a kid!

Heh, I wonder what the odds are of the couple that got kicked off getting back together again romanticly? I did notice that she was the one doing all the talking about that. He didn''t look quite sooo enthused!
27.gif

I sort of wished they''d brought back the sisters who had hideous luck with the hay rolling roadblock. I can''t remember the season but does anyone remember that one? The poor women was rolling out hay bales for hours and hours without finding the clue!
39.gif

5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results