shape
carat
color
clarity

Ali Landry & Tori Spelling Wed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The End!!!

ToriEnd61224.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sarita the dress is beautiful isn''t it?? There is something so romantic about having a destination wedding for two...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno guys .. not to be a party pooper ... but there''s something really skeevy, self-promotional & desperate about having People magazine chronicle your "secret private" wedding.

Those aren''t "wedding pictures" ... it''s a posed magazine layout that''s so calculated and un-romantic and sad really. Like they were probably thinking about how they looked the entire time & what to do that would make a good "story". Even if they hired the photographer themselves (which I doubt) ... seriously, the two of them and the People photographer? They were probably up all night drinking champagne & cackling over their awesome exposure. Especially that fake actor nobody who just left his older wife & kids for an also married bimbo-esque kazillioneiress.

Blech.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 9:55:47 PM
Author: decodelighted
I dunno guys .. not to be a party pooper ... but there''s something really skeevy, self-promotional & desperate about having People magazine chronicle your ''secret private'' wedding.

Those aren''t ''wedding pictures'' ... it''s a posed magazine layout that''s so calculated and un-romantic and sad really. Like they were probably thinking about how they looked the entire time & what to do that would make a good ''story''. Even if they hired the photographer themselves (which I doubt) ... seriously, the two of them and the People photographer? They were probably up all night drinking champagne & cackling over their awesome exposure. Especially that fake actor nobody who just left his older wife & kids for an also married bimbo-esque kazillioneiress.

Blech.

Deco, you know, you are right on the money! It is very contrived to have the "private" wedding and People there to chronicle it. "Freeing" and "right" thought it may be to them (as of NOW), it is kinda tawdry and tacky to me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 9:59:47 PM
Author: diamondfan
I dunno guys .. not to be a party pooper ... but there''s something really skeevy, self-promotional & desperate about having People magazine chronicle your ''secret private'' wedding.
Deco, you know, you are right on the money! It is very contrived to have the ''private'' wedding and People there to chronicle it. ''Freeing'' and ''right'' thought it may be to them (as of NOW), it is kinda tawdry and tacky to me.

Exactly! And BTW .. that last shot of the sand-written "Mrs Tori McDermott" on the beach at night ... um, that shot took HOURS to set up & light I bet. Probably not just ONE photographer. Probably a WHOLE CREW. So ... you''ve got

Them
Their island "servants"
People Photographer
Many, many strangers hustling about lighting them "pretty''

Not so "romantic" is it? I''d take a friend or two over a crew from People. Maybe they don''t have many friends left after pulling this class-less stunt.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, they seem to be on quite a selfish kick now, and may have to pay the price later on...even though they are soulmates and thrilled and could not wait to start their lives as married people, there are consequences to actions...you have to deal with the world around you at some point...

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Any one care to make a wager to see how long the Spelling / McDermot union lasts? I say less than a year.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 10:04:53 PM
Date: 5/12/2006 9:59:47 PM

Author: diamondfan

Deco, you know, you are right on the money! It is very contrived to have the ''private'' wedding and People there to chronicle it. ''Freeing'' and ''right'' thought it may be to them (as of NOW), it is kinda tawdry and tacky to me.

Exactly! And BTW .. that last shot of the sand-written ''Mrs Tori McDermott'' on the beach at night ... um, that shot took HOURS to set up & light I bet. Probably not just ONE photographer. Probably a WHOLE CREW. So ... you''ve got

Them

Their island ''servants''

People Photographer

Many, many strangers hustling about lighting them ''pretty''

Not so ''romantic'' is it? I''d take a friend or two over a crew from People. Maybe they don''t have many friends left after pulling this class-less stunt.

~~I hope this has nothing to do with my comment that I felt it was a romantic way to get married...
40.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 9:41:31 PM
Author: bling*diva*
There is something so romantic about having a destination wedding for two...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Nah Bling Diva ... I''d LOVE a destination wedding to Fiji for two also!! That part would be plenty romantic.

My point was that they''re not *really* having a romantic destination wedding for two ... they''re having a "wedding/completely staged, shamelessly self-conscious photo op" ... if, that is, you imagine what had to happen to get those pix. THAT doesn''t seem so romantic to me.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Deco/Diamondfan,

Oh I totally agree with you ladies. First picking up People, the whole spread seemed very staged and the photos a little too, hmm what's the word... perfect. I get the sense they are both very narcisstic people who probably had a great time making everything (and themselves) look so pretty for the mag, though it was touted a "private" and personal affair. I have to say the end result was nice though. (The pic where he's carrying Tori above the water, for ex.) But yes, I seriously doubt the longevity of this marriage and even the motives of the union. Maybe Tori felt bad that her family/friends wouldn't come to another million dollar wedding so soon after the last one so they did this to get back a little bit of the glory they'd miss having it alone.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I dunno guys .. not to be a party pooper ... but there's something really skeevy, self-promotional & desperate about having People magazine chronicle your 'secret private' wedding.

Those aren't 'wedding pictures' ... it's a posed magazine layout that's so calculated and un-romantic and sad really. Like they were probably thinking about how they looked the entire time & what to do that would make a good 'story'. Even if they hired the photographer themselves (which I doubt) ... seriously, the two of them and the People photographer? They were probably up all night drinking champagne & cackling over their awesome exposure. Especially that fake actor nobody who just left his older wife & kids for an also married bimbo-esque kazillioneiress.

Blech.

Big freakin' WORD to this!!!! I just read the whole article in People and I didn't even think at first about the whole photo shoot-ness of it. I was more skeeved out by the way they tried to romanticize the initial 3-week whirlwind courtship (while both had a spouse waiting at home.)

I think People very subtly got its own editorial spin in there, though.....they mentioned the couple's "infatuation" and also made a point of saying that his ex-wife had sole custody of the adopted infant who was a NEWBORN when he took off with Tori.

It's just sad on a lot of levels, but honestly, I'm pretty sure we've all experienced the high of the new attraction of first year-18 months together....and the reality check that the endorphins and hormones do eventually calm down and settle into RELATIONSHIP vs. just being in HEAT!!! I think they are in for a rude awakening. (And he REALLY is b/c apparently her money is all tied up in trust and he probably can't get to it anyway!!)

I always liked Donna Martin--big old hole in her boobs and all--and thought her new VH1 series was fairly entertaining--but this is kinda gross.

(Think, by contrast of Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's secret private beach wedding---there was like, 1 telephoto shot from a paparazzi from far away and they actually WERE alone, plus Victor Garber!!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
......oh, AND???!!! That tattooed yahoo MISQUOTED Shakespeare in his vows, so he is dead to me.
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 8:26:30 PM
Author: blueroses
......oh, AND???!!! That tattooed yahoo MISQUOTED Shakespeare in his vows, so he is dead to me.
11.gif

LOL!!! Good point on the Garner/Affleck contrast too ... I like Jennifer Garner & Ben''s not so creepy now that he''s with Jen #2.

Bennifer was almost as tacky as Whorigate.
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Whorigate. Hee!! But yeah, it was so obvious the guy was trying to sound deep and profound by quoting Romeo and Juliet in his vows and then he not only misquoted, he actually made it make NO SENSE! Dumbass.

ITA. Jen Garner has brought Ben back to Good Will Hunting/Gwyneth era cute guy-ness vs. the oiled up arm candy he was with JLo!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 8:48:20 PM
Author: blueroses
Jen Garner has brought Ben back to Good Will Hunting/Gwyneth era cute guy-ness vs. the oiled up arm candy he was with JLo!!!

So true! She was trying to make him a "baller" like P-Dud. Yicksies.

I think maybe we really should start a Celebrity Divorce Pool on P-scope''s Hangout. Think it would be legal? Kosher?
31.gif

Irina??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always loved Ben and forgave him his silliness with J Lo...I like him with Jen Garner...good luck to them.

Tori seems like a comlete nincompoop and he is just nasty to leave his family this way. I am sure they will not be together long. Not that I wish it, heck I do not need to do a thing but let Hollywood romance take its natural progression. She is just a dim girl with a rich daddy, and if he were not Aaron Spelling she would NOT likely have a career. Mind you, I think her new show is funny, and she lampoons herself which I commend her for, it takes guts, but way back when she would not have gotten ONE job more than likely if her dad were not who he was...just my opinion, but I grew up in Beverly Hills and have friends and know people who are successful in this industry, and she was not likely to have made it on her own...maybe she will be the new Liz Taylor?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results