shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on anniversary ring/upgraded engagement ring

RHlover

Rough_Rock
Hello, All,
Just wanted to get some advice/thoughts from you. We are coming upon our 10 year anniversary and I really would love a 5-stone anniversary band. I currently have a .3ct solitaire e-ring and plain band wedding ring. Some options I have thought of:
1) Just add a 5-stone anniversary band to stack
2) Use diamond from e-ring and add 2 diamonds of same size/quality on each side to make traditional 5-stone band
The reason I was thinking about the second option is that I am worried that a 5-stone with .3cts each diamond might look unbalanced next to a solitaire of same size?
Thank you for your thoughts!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think using your current diamond and making it into a five stone would be beautiful!!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the 5 stone ring using your current ER stone!! At .30 ct each that would make some serious bling!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Option 2 all the way!

The only reason I would not go with option two is if the 0.30ct you have is not very well cut. Personally I would want my new ring to be super blingtastic with the best cuts I could find, even if it meant I moved the original to the right hand or made a pendant from the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1336618798|3191756 said:
Option 2 all the way!

The only reason I would not go with option two is if the 0.30ct you have is not very well cut. Personally I would want my new ring to be super blingtastic with the best cuts I could find, even if it meant I moved the original to the right hand or made a pendant from the stone.

Agreed. Only do this option if your stone is ideal/excellent cut. I would not have used my original diamond in a ring with new ideal cut stones. I would wear the 5 stone ring on your right hand, as it would not work with your .3 solitaire on the same hand. The other ooption would be to wear new 5 stone band as an engagement/anniversary ring with the wedding band and set the original e-ring diamond in a pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results