color
clarity

Advice: Having Trouble Completing My Collection

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1375274591|3493614 said:
I'm going to wait for the Christmas sale, anyway, and see what I think about it.

Everyone's views about how to proceed - or how not to proceed - are very thought-provoking.

What about everyone else? What's on the wishlist and do you also think about getting things sooner rather than later if funds allow, due to the inevitable price rises?

What Christmas sale are you talking about? I'm just curious if you mean Roberto Coin or BN? There are a pair of RC earrings I'm interested in but they are VERY dainty and overpriced, so I didn't try them on but might go back and look at them sometime soon. If they were to go on sale, I'd buy them now.

If your funds allow you to purchase now, why not do so? There is an item I want from Tiffany right now, but it's too expensive to just run out and buy...the earrings you posted look overpriced to me. I would buy Tiffany if I had funds, but I stick by my basic rule that if something is nearly $1,000 or higher, it'd should have diamonds in it. The dangles you posted do not look like $1K earrings. You should be able to find high quality for much less.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
MC, you are a person after my own heart. For 1k there'd better be diamonds involved is absolutely my guiding philosophy, too - in fact, I set the bar at half a carat minimum for that price.

I was talking about the BN sale at Christmas, because there are usually some really good discounts. I hate paying full price. But I'm wondering aloud about Tiffany pieces right now because the Mass tax-free weekend is coming up so if I wanted something I'd get it then, and I'm writing about some BN diamond earrings because they are currently having summer sale. (The gold pendant isn't in the summer sale, but the diamond drops are.)

So basically I could have the plain metal Tiff earrings for 1k, or I could have the BN drops for just about the same price, which are half a carat in 18k, H eyeclean Si2. Do you think that's a good price for the BN earrings? I do.

What are the Roberto Coin earrings like, and what Tiffany piece have you got your eye on?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1375295135|3493849 said:
MC, you are a person after my own heart. For 1k there'd better be diamonds involved is absolutely my guiding philosophy, too - in fact, I set the bar at half a carat minimum for that price.

I was talking about the BN sale at Christmas, because there are usually some really good discounts. I hate paying full price. But I'm wondering aloud about Tiffany pieces right now because the Mass tax-free weekend is coming up so if I wanted something I'd get it then, and I'm writing about some BN diamond earrings because they are currently having summer sale. (The gold pendant isn't in the summer sale, but the diamond drops are.)

So basically I could have the plain metal Tiff earrings for 1k, or I could have the BN drops for just about the same price, which are half a carat in 18k, H eyeclean Si2. Do you think that's a good price for the BN earrings? I do.

What are the Roberto Coin earrings like, and what Tiffany piece have you got your eye on?

Eh, see I live in Washington State, so I have to pay sales tax on Blue Nile. I only buy when they have a sale and I use ebates now for all purchases to try to recoup a bit of the taxes I paid. I'd probably wait for the sale only because I don't have a lot to spend on jewelry and that isn't a style I'd wear daily. If I would wear them mostly every day, I'd consider now if money wasn't a consideration (but it always is for me. lol). But, be sure to sign up for ebates! ;))

I have my eye on one of the legacy rings...I'll post a photo in a second. I can't find it on the website but have a photo of it on my hand. The "problem" is the one I tried on isn't good for daily wear...the gal said I should get a pink sapphire and it's SO crazy expensive and we need a new car... (car or ring?)

Here's the RC earrings...dainty and easy for daily wear:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/roberto-coin-small-diamond-hoop-earrings/3116678?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=1824&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_B

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the ring...

tiffinlove.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, I just read your most recent response again. For the price, if you want to buy now, I'd get the Blue Nile diamond earrings rather than the Tiffany earrings.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
MC - the Coin earrings are very nice. Are you going to save up for them? I think I might save up for some better diamond earrings. Yesterday I got the store in England to email me some pix of the $2.2k earrings that I saw in their window in May. Going to do a thread about them in a minute - will be needing opinions!

The Legacy ring is beautiful. Is that Blue Nile too, or is it Tiffany? It's lovely! And how can you even ask if you should get a new car or a ring, when you can only have one? Ring, of course! Think of it this way: if you don't have a car, you'll have to stay in, so you won't spend money. Therefore the ring really makes sense! :D

By the way, I received the Blue Nile sale necklace that I bought yesterday, and it works! I'm very happy with it, and I think a couple of hundred dollars was a fair price. Am just doing an SMTB thread about it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Legacy ring is Tiffany and the one there in the photo is a rubelite and the gal said if I want to wear it daily, it would be better to get that style in a sapphire, but she didn't know the price off-hand. I asked if it was more than $12K and she said yes (and I also would have to pay about 9.5% tax on that amount). With that price, I could get a duplicate made, a pair of new stud earrings & a new setting for my eng ring so I'd not buy the original Tiffany unless I won the lotto :)) I'm just too boring/practical.

Not sure what I'm going to do about the RC earrings. If they go on sale, I might buy them but I don't know if I would pay full-price. Since they're not on sale and a rather classic style, I have time to think about it. I have to take my two pre-teen boys school shopping for clothes so for the next month, every mall trip will be a near venture into hell! And, I also need to reset my eng diamond so I should figure that out before the earrings. I found a ring I like but the head mounting doesn't accommodate my small diamond and I don't want to buy a new diamond...just want a new setting.

I'll go check out your BN necklace on the SMTB forum. Glad you like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results