shape
carat
color
clarity

A tribute to my Ragdoll, Atticus

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
My ragdoll kitty Atticus had a very short life. 15 months is all he lived, but he touched the lives of everyone he met. It was 2 years ago yesterday that we had to let him go, and time has helped to ease the pain a little, but it still hurts. I wanted to share a poem I was inspired to write this week. It''s unusual because I''m not a poet (by any means), but for some reason I started writing a little after we lost him. I''ve included the picture I took of him when we chose him to be in our lives. He was such a cute kitten!

R.I.P. my dear sweet Atticus 09/28/06 - 01/08/08 Life hasn''t been the same without you!
39.gif

Time Heals All Wounds

I felt the pain,
it was deep.
My heart was broken,
I began to weep.
For days I cried,
time stood still.
I survived,
because of sheer will.
My love grew stronger,
through the passing of time.
My heart grew larger,
because you were mine.
You taught me a lesson,
you gave me a gift.
Time made me understand,
but you''ll always be missed.
I''m not the same person,
for this very reason.
You are a part of me,
each passing season.
The pain is still there,
it cuts like a knife.
But my wounds are healing,
because you were a part of my life.

Atticus 1106.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry
7.gif

What a sweet tribute to an adorable little bundle of fuzz..

It's amazing how quickly and easily our furbabies burrow into our lives and hearts, without ever even talking with us.. ::HUGS!!::

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh beechezz, I''m sorry that you lost your adorable Atticus...
15.gif

You must miss him so much...
7.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s amazing how quickly and easily our furbabies burrow into our lives and hearts, without ever even talking with us.. ::HUGS!!::
yssie----They are truly a gift, to be loved, and enjoyed....he is missed so much.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
You must miss him so much...
7.gif
CJ2008---we do, it''s amazing how they become a part of the family in such a short period of time.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
You have my sympathy. I just lost my beloved Oriental Shorthair who was the real Miss Mina.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well written, bee.......

mz

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh beechezz im so sorry
39.gif
poor darling, your poem made me teary.

Im so glad you''re healing, and i know little Atticus would have had a beautiful, loved, cherished, happy life with you and im glad for that too...

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that poem was touching. I''m sorry about the loss of your kitty. Even though it''s been a couple years, I understand how long it can take to heal. And what a sweet face on that little puss-puss.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much lulu, moviezombie, blackpaw, and TravelGoddess. I appreciate your sympathies. It is tough, and time (and lots of it) does help a lot!

MissMina....I''m so sorry to hear about your recent loss. I''m sending lots of hugs right back to you.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry you lost your little one 2 years ago.

Atticus will live forever in your hearts and that is what matters!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 2:08:29 PM
Author: MC
Sorry about your kitty.
7.gif
Thanks MC, it feels better just to talk about it. I must say your kitty in your avatar is very cute.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a touching poem. It always hurts to lose a pet who''s considered a family member.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 2:12:20 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
What a touching poem. It always hurts to lose a pet who''s considered a family member.
You hit the nail on the head ZoeBartlett. Atticus was considered a part of the family, and the emptiness is the hardest. I''m just glad I had him in my life, even if it was only for a short period of time.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 2:11:37 PM
Author: beechezz

Date: 1/9/2010 2:08:29 PM
Author: MC
Sorry about your kitty.
7.gif
Thanks MC, it feels better just to talk about it. I must say your kitty in your avatar is very cute.
Thanks. He''s a very loving guy. Unfortunely he has a peeing problem and we''re trying to take care of that.
7.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...I''m so sorry about the loss of your Atticus Beechez - its so heartbreaking, I can''t even imagine how difficult it must have been for you. *hugs* to you on this difficult anniversary.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry your little Atticus had such a short kitty life.

Thanks for sharing his photo; I can see why you picked him. What a cutie!
30.gif

You are right IMHO that our pets become not just a part of our lives but a part of us. I suppose you could look at it, that they can never truly die not while we love and remember them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results