shape
carat
color
clarity

A Spring Share!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Amaryllis from a friend of mine. Spring is coming, honest. Will these help till then?

_15781.jpg

my_pictures_--amaryllis_-_mar.jpg

my_picture3s_--amaryllis_-_mar.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!
I've been hearing birds chirping every morning this week. At last!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! We have azaleas blooming in the backyard. Nice to see some color!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a billion inches of snow and lots of robins.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Our daffodils were up two weeks ago, so yes, spring has definitely sprung :)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
the robins came last week and the crocuses popped up two days ago. Then it rained and dropped 45º in two hours and everything was frozen. The coffee shop couldn't open the awning this morning and I couldnt open the door to my car for the ice around the door seal!
BUT!!
My lemon tree is covered with swollen flower buds (obviously it is inside, grown from a seed from a gourmet garage lemon started 13 years ago!)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
VL -- how did you do that degree sign? I don't think I have one! Claps for the lemon tree! :appl:

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Laurie! :wavey:

I love amaryllis, they are so beautiful in bloom! I like seeing yours but it makes me gnash my teeth too. Why? Because my idiot amaryllis has yet to bloom this year. It's being a real booger :(sad We can grow them in the ground here and some people manager to grow big clusters of them, with dozens of giant flowers going at once. I'm insanely jealous of those people. :Up_to_something:

Enjoy it and tell me you'll keep it growing until next year. That'll make me feel better. :saint:

Also the degree sign is shift option 8 on most computers keyboards. Hold down shift and option then hit 8. See if that works for you, depends on the keyboard and computer type.

You should try a lemon tree, it's easy in a big pot on wheels. They actually like to be root bound and push out more lemons when they are. The Myers type fruits year round and is so darn Convenient to have handy. Just leave the fruit on the tree or just use unripe fruit (aren't all lemons unripe, really?). Wheel the tree into a sunny spot (6 hours a day of sun) n leave it until you hit 40 degrees. Then keep it inside for the winter, bring it our when it's 40+ again. Little citrus fertilizer and that's it. Water thoroughly once a week. So handy for tea, fish, water, etc. I never think ahead enough to buy lemons so I make a point of growing them wherever I live. Try it! :)

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Thank you for that, it reminds me of that famous painting with the young lady in a flouncy dress of that gorgeous color lounging in a chair, I can't remember what it is called but that color makes me think of it. So fresh and pretty. :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

lemontree.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color, JF!

The birds outside our window were definitely celebrating the upcoming season yesterday. They were chirping SO loudly and for so long.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL: aren't the buds amazingly fragrant too? I love lemon flowers. :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm so jealous of your lemon trees, iLander & VL! I'm putting that on my list for the next house -- this one has so many trees, I don't get 6 hrs of sun anywhere on the property. As an avid gardener, I've actually cried with frustration once or twice. ;( I've become an expert on shade gardening, but very grumpily. Planning to exit this joint in a year, & sunny space is one of my main requirements next.

Thanks for the info on the ° sign! No Option key on my keyboard but I found how to do it online -- alt + 248. All these years, I never figured it out! :bigsmile:

Glad you're all getting signs of spring -- much deserved this year!

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results