shape
carat
color
clarity

2010 - How''s it going for you so far?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else having a terrible 2010? Me, and MANY other people I know have said that so far, this is the worst year they''ve had in a long time.

How about on PS? How is 2010 treating you so far?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Mine is actually going really well. We are getting debt paid off left and right, getting a second car in about 6 months, getting the toxic people in my life out, standing up for myself more, my work contract has been extended, and we are committing ourselves to getting back in shape and taking better care of ourselves so we are at optimum operating for babymaking in a couple years lol (yes that is our motivation, probably tmi
3.gif
) and just loving being newlyweds and enjoying life
1.gif

I''m sorry to hear yours isn''t going as well elle
7.gif
I hope it gets better soon!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve just come off of a span of the last several years being the worst ever. So far 2010 has been pretty good. I really hope it stays that way for us. We need a break.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Um...

It''s been pretty rough, but we''re starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. We''ve mostly been stressed out about money and our relationship has been on the brink a few times. Our daughter is beautiful and happy and gorgeous and about to turn 2. Considering she almost died when she was 6 weeks old she''s a blessing that keeps our family strong and motivated.

My husband''s work situation has been stormy but hopefully a new opportunity will present itself tomorrow if all goes well.

And honestly if the IRS would just give us our dang refund already things would be a lot less stressful at the moment.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Baddddd. Lost FI's grandmother, probably will lose my dear grandfather this year as well (hoping he makes it to my wedding, but who knows!)
15.gif
FI ended up getting screwed over and not getting the military position he was supposed to, i.e. the one we MOVED to a whole new state for, that I took a second bar exam for, that we left all our friends and family for.... My job (which I AM thankful for) ends up being a 6 day a week job, and I am not getting paid enough for that! Very tired, sad, stressful, and lonely year so far.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Better than 2009 - but this is not saying much!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2010 is not one of my favorites so far, but I''m confident that what''s causing the most stress will have wrapped itself up within the next month and a half.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Awww. I''m sorry to anyone who''s having a not so great year so far! 2010 has been kind of a draw for me - no bad stuff, but no big happy events either.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Badly. I''ve had to decline going to one of my bridesmaid''s (shotgun) wedding, been forced to go to another that I have been dreading for two years, gay brother-in-law is marrying a girl this summer, my job has gone to hell, and I can no longer bear to live here.

So I''ve taken up drinking. No lie.

However, my relationship is rock-solid, so although he''s worried about my newfound alcoholism, I''m not going anywhere- as long as he''s trapped here, I am going to stay right beside him.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is good. No complaints here.
35.gif

Sorry to hear that so many are having a bad start to the year. May you have many happy moments going forward.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
2010 hasn't been too bad for us. Except for the SNOW. I feel like Spring will be ages away. DD is interviewing for jobs, it's rough out there. I pray she finds a job soon. Her resume is impressive as she's done lots of internships.
Hoping for all of the PS'ers having a tough time in 2010, that things improve for you all....
5.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
As you already know, 2009 sucky-suck-sucked b*llzzz. 2010 is looking up. Sort of
37.gif

(I''m channeling my psychic energies - they''re telling me this year is going to get much MUCH better for you
28.gif
)

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Things were going along okay until THE BLIZZARDS OF DOOM hit. Now, we have ice dams along the back of our house and water dripping inside several windows. Ugh. Insurance covers the damage, but it will be a pain dealing with it all.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well it''s barely started and I hate to tempt the fates, but I have to say it''s going pretty good! Despite the fact that we''re living in a tiny apartment with 5 people and they keep postponing our move in date and despite the fact we don''t have our stuff from the states and it''s starting to really get to me - I could say those things have the year starting off in a crappy way (I have a friend here who is in the same situation but with 4 kids instead of 3 and she''s really depressed and I''m betting she''d be in the really bad year column) but I think I''m handling things pretty good and relative to her I''m guessing it is a perspective issue. I''m focusing on all of the good amazing stuff and not the negative. At least not usually the negative. Sometimes the negative. But thankfully not only the negative.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 6:52:12 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Um...

It''s been pretty rough, but we''re starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. We''ve mostly been stressed out about money and our relationship has been on the brink a few times. Our daughter is beautiful and happy and gorgeous and about to turn 2. Considering she almost died when she was 6 weeks old she''s a blessing that keeps our family strong and motivated.

The early childhood years are so hard on the couple-ness of a marriage... Your hormones go wonky, your expectations of each other shift, change, and you have to kinda get to know each other all over again.

For all of you having rough years I hope it gets better soon!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm
7.gif

Husband is still without work

I am having some health issues that I am dealing with

But other than that, its alright... Can''t wait for the spring - which is for me, a REAL savior!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
You know... it''s had it''s major crappiness thus far.... but the difference is... I have such a better outlook. I''m not letting ANY of it bring me down......not the broken down truck on the turnpike... not the shoulder issues... not the lower back issues.... not financial issues.... not the challenge of getting my horse back on track. None of it. I''m striving to remain a happy camper.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for everyone who is having a not-so-great year and I hope things start looking up for you soon!

Not to seem like I''m rubbing it in, but my year has been awesome so far. Work has been keeping me really busy (and I love my job to death), I''ve been a single girl out and about on the dating scene, and I''m planning a trip to Rome that I''ll be leaving for in a month and a half. I also made a great friend this year who has become like a sister to me already.

Only bad thing is that my grandma has been ill and she lives about 400 miles away from me, but I''ve got a flight booked to go visit her next month.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I don''t think I''ve ever looked back and said "now THAT was a perfect/great/wonderful year." I think I took for granted for most of my life (childhood into adulthood) that life just went my way despite the typical obstacles here and there. Plus I guess I just don''t look at life in terms of will this be a good year or a bad year, or look back and try to differentiate either. Good things happen everyday, and bad things as well. To break it down very simply: I have never reached a point where I have felt like I just couldn''t go on or face the next day. I''ve always recognized that for every peak there''s a valley I suppose.

That said, 2010 is ok so far. No significant highs or lows, but then I don''t have expectations for it to be great or poor. I have hopes and goals and aspirations, and I have pretty flexible plans on how to go about achieving those things. As long as I stay sane and have love in my life, and have my health I think I''ll be doing well. Dwelling on the "bad" stuff is no fun, and I''m a person who likes to revel in the fun and humor of life so I don''t stay down for too long about things. Last night I caught myself crying in the shower because a phone call with SO, who is traveling right now, got cut short unexpectedly. I sort of let myself cry for a minute and then realized it just wasn''t the worst thing in the world. That was that, and I moved on.

I grew up and spent most of my 20''s accustomed to a very nice lifestyle, the kind in which I never wanted for anything. Hate to sound trite, but I have lost almost everything except the important things which to me are family, friends, my education, and my dignity. As long as I have those things I consider it to be a pretty good year.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well, looking at the positive... my personal relationship is going great after working through a few rough patches in the past couple years with DH. Unfortunately work opportunities for DH are not very plentiful, and he''s had several interviews but no employment, so money is very tight right now with my diminished pay check. Hopefully this year will start turning around and be great. I always try to just get through the winter and wait for spring. The changing season always helps me remember that everything is a cycle and hard times will pass.
2.gif

To everyone that is having a bad start to 2010, here''s to better times. And congrats to those with an already strong beginning to the year!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 7:06:37 PM
Author: Galateia
... I can no longer bear to live here.

However, my relationship is rock-solid, so although he''s worried about my newfound alcoholism, I''m not going anywhere- as long as he''s trapped here, I am going to stay right beside him.

OH my, this is ME!!! Ha! Wine in hand!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hasn''t been the same since jan 9th when my babe went home.
Kinda rough so far.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Not good. Lost someone very near and dear to me on New Year''s Day, and have been to two other funerals in the last month. My job is blah to the 3rd power and DH works too much which makes some days very difficult caring for our infant son. And I HATE all of this snow! On the flip side, DS is happy, healthy and thriving. I guess I shouldn''t really be complaining.
38.gif

Here''s to a (hopefully) happier 2010 (tipping my glass of wine)

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 9:08:04 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Date: 2/16/2010 7:06:37 PM

Author: Galateia

... I can no longer bear to live here.

OH my, this is ME!!! Ha! Wine in hand!

Hifive with a Bailey''s n'' Amaretto in my left! Where are you mired that drives you to drink?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 9:17:04 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Not good. Lost someone very near and dear to me on New Year''s Day, and have been to two other funerals in the last month. My job is blah to the 3rd power and DH works too much which makes some days very difficult caring for our infant son. And I HATE all of this snow! On the flip side, DS is happy, healthy and thriving. I guess I shouldn''t really be complaining.
38.gif

Here''s to a (hopefully) happier 2010 (tipping my glass of wine)
Sorry that you''ve lost dear ones so close together. That''s sooooo hard.
Your DH sounds awesome. Take good care of your son, we are here if you need us.
5.gif

I am soooo over the snow. Back in 1996, my kids were little , we had tons and tons of snow and they had the chicken pox on top of it. I was pulling my hair out. I was isolated, and running out of things to entertain them..

My fun was making tunnels in the snow... I had to get my agression out some how!!!!!
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
crappy year so far...
squamous cancerous tumor on my scalp, scared. Can''t get past that fact.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
"Negative Nancy" checking in..We moved to Dallas from Florida this past weekend and all of our belongings (furniture, most of our clothing..EVERYTHING) will not be here for at least another week. I have no friends here, so I sit in my empty house all day...And I think I have gained 10 pounds. I can actually feel myself becoming depressed. Yesterday I took a Bikram Yoga class...which was quite possibly the worst fitness experience of my life. I was willing to do something so insane because I had to get out of my house. Today, I waited for the UPS man.
39.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 11:21:50 PM
Author: bebe
crappy year so far...

squamous cancerous tumor on my scalp, scared. Can''t get past that fact.

I''m so very sorry. I feel so foolish for letting my crap get me down when I hear things such as this. Peace be with you..I hope you find relief soon.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Not so good for me. It''s weird, because the end of 2009 was really really good. The month of December was downright great!!! And then January came - and boom! Life sucks and very little is going right! Hopefully that''ll all change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results