shape
carat
color
clarity

20 year old McCain volunteer attacked in Pittburgh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
What a sad story. Thanks for sharing.

ETA: There are some things I will never understand.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Trillion posted that in the crazies thread.
So sickening. That is the second (reported) incident of violence against McCain supporters.

I live in a big city....no WAY am I putting anything on my car.

ETA: No, I don't think only Dems are capable of violence.
ETA2: I'm just going to follow up every post with these types of disclaimers.
4.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh sorry trillion, I didn''t see you''d already posted. crazy and scary stuff for sure.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
no worries, it is impossible to keep up with all these threads! I think that one deserves its own, I just have started a few threads already today and didn''t want to over do it
2.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is really horrible.

On a self-defense note, if you are ever mugged or in a confrontation situation, meaning your wallet/whatever is taken or you are avoiding an altercation, you might want to stay in the open and scream, or head back into an occupied (and video camera heavy) bank, not go to a car while the offender is still in sight. The perpetrator in this scenario was clearly violent with little inhibition, he could have car-jacked her instead of committing his other offensive act. Seated in a car is a very vulnerable stance to take...it is so hard to be rational and goodness knows I'm not judging her-she had few options and a bad situation, but he could easily have taken her keys and left her alone with no phone or vastly worse, taken her away. Sorry, you can take the girl out of the military but you can't take the military out of the girl, I just see the possibilities for fatalities when reading the news.
Not to be a downer, empower yourself, take a self-defense course sometime as a present to yourself and your family.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Apparently some people are saying that the story is fake and that she did it to herself, because if you look at the picture of her, the B is backwards like she did it in the mirror. And she was attacked away from the ATM cameras.
She looks badly beaten up besides that though...
I guess we''ll find out if she made it up, because I''m sure they''ll look at the ATM surveillance tape anyway.
I really hate to doubt her, but I just thought I''d report what I heard.
5.gif
This may just be someone making excuses, however.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:07:16 PM
Author: luckystar112
Apparently some people are saying that the story is fake and that she did it to herself, because if you look at the picture of her, the B is backwards like she did it in the mirror. And she was attacked away from the ATM cameras.

I guess we'll find out if she made it up, because I'm sure they'll look at the ATM surveillance tape anyway.

I really hate to doubt her, but I just thought I'd report what I heard.
5.gif

I really hope she isn't making it up! (thought I would rather hope that it never happened at all!) A backwards "b" though, is enough to raise an eyebrow. I'm going to err on the side of her being legit. I would hate to be second guessed if attacked.

http://minx.cc/?post=276420

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:22:35 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 10/23/2008 8:07:16 PM

I guess we''ll find out if she made it up, because I''m sure they''ll look at the ATM surveillance tape anyway.

I really hate to doubt her, but I just thought I''d report what I heard.
5.gif

I really hope she isn''t making it up! (thought I would rather hope that it never happened at all!) A backwards ''b'' though, is enough to raise an eyebrow. I''m going to err on the side of her being legit. I would hate to be second guessed if attacked.

http://minx.cc/?post=276420
Thanks for the link, Trillionaire, it brings up some really good points. I really hope she''s not making it up. O''reilly (what?
12.gif
) just said he didn''t want to spend a lot of time on it because he thinks it may be bogus. He said that the B doesn''t looked like it was carved with a knife.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 11:54:03 PM
Author: goobear78
I've heard there is a lot of speculation that this is bogus from the press. Hope it's not fake because that would be an awful thing to claim. If she did fake it, then she's clearly got some issues.

ETA: Wow - even the smoking gun is investigating. Honestly, this is starting to smell like a fake.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1023083twitter1.html
Seriously.
40.gif

The smoking gun thing though...I don't know. I have a myspace and there are definitely people on there who feel like they need to update their status every 5 minutes. But still...it does seem like she's trying to cover her tracks there, huh?
I feel awful for speculating like this if it's legit.
7.gif

At the same time, I just saw her face blown up on my big screen...and I'm no doctor....but doesn't it take a while for the bruising of a black eye to form? And I agree that the B doesn't look like it was done with a knife.

Okay.....must stop speculating until I know more!!!! I really wanna give her the benefit of the doubt.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I gotta admit. When I read it and then saw the picture, my radar was flashing all over the place. Why would they put that on her face like that? What is it supposed to signify? If you were carving something in someone''s face about the political candidate, wouldn''t you carve one big "O"? It''s just odd to me. Really odd.

No matter what the true story is, it is still tragic.
38.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Michelle Malkin is even saying it sounds bogus.

A cop weighs in on her page:

“I’m a cop - 8th year now - and this McCain supporter attack just didn’t pass the “smell test” as soon as I read about it.

At this point, I’ll guess the shiner was inflicted either by a friend willingly as part of this hoax or a boyfriend in a domestic dispute.

The “B” is far to shallow and clean to be taken seriously. Reminds me of the stab wounds that a “hero” would get when fighting off a phantom attacker - far to superficial to have been done in what is a fairly violent encounter.

Good point. She wasn't struggling while he carved the B?

Okay....for realz...I won't speculate anymore. Why do people do stuff like this though? It just makes everyone look bad!
ETA: I'm not a doctor, but the black eye doesn't even look real to me. It is way too dark and all the same color. No redness or puffiness in the eye or anything.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard she refused medical treatment? If you were attacked, carved with a knife, I''d think you''d want medical treatment ASAP. It''s on her face, so I''d want prompt care. Plastic surgeon, etc... So not saying she faked it, but refusing medical help raises a red flag for me....
33.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 12:33:35 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I heard she refused medical treatment? If you were attacked, carved with a knife, I'd think you'd want medical treatment ASAP. It's on her face, so I'd want prompt care. Plastic surgeon, etc... So not saying she faked it, but refusing medical help raises a red flag for me....
33.gif
Me too. If my face was carved on by a lunatic attacker I'd be worrying about where the knife has been. I'd definitely get checked out.

ETA: You know what...I might take that back. If I had a knife in my face I'm not sure if I'd jerk my face at all.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG lucky star, you just reminded me of a really pathetic thing I did once to my StepDad...or tried to do.
3.gif

I was really pissed that I had to always partake in the "clear table, wash or dry" dishes routine in my house. So one night I tried to skip out and went to bed. Well, Mom came in and dragged me out of bed to do my part and dry. I was so not happy about it and I took the dish towel and snapped it on my sister (because you know, that is what sisters do). My sister the whiner started whining and I started mouthing off to her and my StepDad came in and smacked me upside the head.

The next day I was trying to be all drama. OMG this is so pathetic....but I tried to create a big bruise on my cheek with eyeshadow to make believe like my StepDad hit me really hard. hahahaha, it was so obvious but I was probably 13 or so, and when I came out of the bathroom my Mom said "What is that blue and green eye shadow all over your cheek?"

Oohhhhhhhh, too funny. I went with it though. I told her it was bruise from my StepDad hitting me the night before. I think my Mom was trying to suppress a chuckle. I was stubborn though. I was going to stand by my story even if it was pathetically obvious that there wasn''t a mark on me. Gotta love the drama queens.
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
LOL Miracles!!!

Did your step-dad get to see his "work".
3.gif

It does look like that girl used eye shadow.

The more I think about it, it is starting to get a little funny. If she faked it.....
Did she scratch the B in her face, realize it was backwards and just decide to go with it so people weren''t like, "dude, what''s with the backwards B on your face?" I mean, it''s not like she could let it heal and try again. lol.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 1:07:29 AM
LOL Miracles!!!

Did your step-dad get to see his ''work''.
3.gif

It does look like that girl used eye shadow.

The more I think about it, it is starting to get a little funny. If she faked it.....
Did she scratch the B in her face, realize it was backwards and just decide to go with it so people weren''t like, ''dude, what''s with the backwards B on your face?'' I mean, it''s not like she could let it heal and try again. lol.
Nope, he had already gone to work long before I got out of the bathroom. It was mainly for my Mom. I was just bummed we didn''t have any purple eye shadow anywhere so I could make it more real.
31.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 1:07:29 AM
LOL Miracles!!!

Did she scratch the B in her face, realize it was backwards and just decide to go with it so people weren''t like, ''dude, what''s with the backwards B on your face?'' I mean, it''s not like she could let it heal and try again. lol.
LOL! Now THAT would be an Oh [explative deleted] moment!

Seriously though, it''s unfortunate that some people will go to these lengths to get attention.
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know...I''ve had paper cuts that are worse than that. And I''ve cut myself with knives before--without trying, they cut deep--if there was an attacker actually exerting force...it would not look like something I could do with my fingernail.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a psycho. I love how she blamed a black man, too. Classic.

Of course it''s terrible if it really happened, but it''s sure looking like it didn''t!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I''m glad I''m not the only one who is wondering if this was a hoax. I felt bad for doubting the girl, but the backwards B really made me wonder. If she really was attacked, my heart goes out to her and I feel awful for doubting her story. But, I''m just having trouble believing her. Like I said, I feel better knowing that I''m not the only one who feels this way.
40.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
This girl is......
38.gif

McCain volunteer takes polygraph test (they haven''t released the results)

Police also say bank surveillance footage doesn’t show her at an ATM where she initially said she was attacked.

Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn’t remember being cut in the face. She now says she only discovered the wound later.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 12:07:02 PM

This girl is......
38.gif

McCain volunteer takes polygraph test (they haven''t released the results)

Police also say bank surveillance footage doesn’t show her at an ATM where she initially said she was attacked.

Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn’t remember being cut in the face. She now says she only discovered the wound later.

ACK! Lucky, the link doesn''t work!
39.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oops! That's weird. Here's the whole article:

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer who reported being held down by a black man who then cut the letter "B” in her face has changed her story. Police also say bank surveillance footage doesn’t show her at an ATM where she initially said she was attacked. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard says investigators gave the 20-year-old woman a lie-detector test and are "looking at some inconsistencies" in her story. The student, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, initially said a black man robbed her at knifepoint near a bank Wednesday night and then cut her cheek after seeing a McCain sticker on her car.Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn’t remember being cut in the face. She now says she only discovered the wound later. No arrests have been made.

And apparently the neighborhood is mostly Italian?
I read somewhere else that she's saying she was sexually assaulted now too....no "real" news source on that yet.

ETA: And she's already told police that he was straddling her, sitting on her chest while he did it. So there goes the excuse that the B was upside down because he was up by her head. But she "doesn't remember".
38.gif

Speaking of people who fake crimes, I heard that the Duke Lacrosse stripper is writing a book.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 12:30:28 PM

Oops! That''s weird. Here''s the whole article:

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer who reported being held down by a black man who then cut the letter ''B” in her face has changed her story. Police also say bank surveillance footage doesn’t show her at an ATM where she initially said she was attacked. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard says investigators gave the 20-year-old woman a lie-detector test and are ''looking at some inconsistencies'' in her story. The student, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, initially said a black man robbed her at knifepoint near a bank Wednesday night and then cut her cheek after seeing a McCain sticker on her car.Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn’t remember being cut in the face. She now says she only discovered the wound later. No arrests have been made.

I read somewhere else that she''s saying she was sexually assaulted now too....no ''real'' news source on that yet.
Oh boy!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 12:30:28 PM

Oops! That''s weird. Here''s the whole article:

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer who reported being held down by a black man who then cut the letter ''B” in her face has changed her story. Police also say bank surveillance footage doesn’t show her at an ATM where she initially said she was attacked. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard says investigators gave the 20-year-old woman a lie-detector test and are ''looking at some inconsistencies'' in her story. The student, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, initially said a black man robbed her at knifepoint near a bank Wednesday night and then cut her cheek after seeing a McCain sticker on her car.Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn’t remember being cut in the face. She now says she only discovered the wound later. No arrests have been made.

I read somewhere else that she''s saying she was sexually assaulted now too....no ''real'' news source on that yet.

ETA: And she''s already told police that he was straddling her, sitting on her chest while he did it. So there goes the excuse that the B was upside down because he was up by her head. But she ''doesn''t remember''.
38.gif

Speaking of people who fake crimes, I heard that the Duke Lacrosse stripper is writing a book.
11.gif
Thanx, Lucky!
35.gif

OMG, if she is faking this, how sick is she?!?! Ugh. People really disgust me sometimes.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results