shape
carat
color
clarity

numbered and linked posts within a thread

wedge

Rough_Rock
A while back someone suggested links to individual posts (instead of thread pages), for ease of reference.

Some other sites (e.g. slickdeals) do this beautifully, with each thread's posts numbered with links. The original post is #1... the first response in the thread is #2... etc.

The number is a hyperlink to the specific post, so the single post can be linked. (The single post then contains a link back to the thread.)

An even more elegant way to do this would be to have the link direct to the threaded page, but scrolled to the specific post. If I remember correctly, this anchoring is pretty easy to do in HTML.

wedge

Rough_Rock
The already-implemented "View First Unread Post" and "View Latest Post" features do the bulk of this (scrolling to the exact post, with anchors)...

The only things missing are the convenient numbers (starting from #1 for each thread) and links.

wedge

Rough_Rock
And I guess as long as I'm dreaming...

When someone quotes a post in a reply, it would be cool if the quote header (currently date/time and poster name) hyperlinked to the quoted post.

This is most helpful for long (multi-page) threads, in which I find myself manually searching backwards from a post to the earlier post it quotes.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
wedge said:
And I guess as long as I'm dreaming...

When someone quotes a post in a reply, it would be cool if the quote header (currently date/time and poster name) hyperlinked to the quoted post.

This is most helpful for long (multi-page) threads, in which I find myself manually searching backwards from a post to the earlier post it quotes.

I agree this a nice feature and definitely would also like to see date-time stamp.

I put this on my list, but it it may take a little time. I have a big list. ;-)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We got the time stamp and link in to the quotes now.

:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results