shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I still can't update a signature. :blackeye: I asked about this ages ago and you put my old signature back but when I went to change it, that one vanished and I can't save a new one.

Any suggestions?

:))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal said:
I still can't update a signature. :blackeye: I asked about this ages ago and you put my old signature back but when I went to change it, that one vanished and I can't save a new one.

Any suggestions?

Hi Steal,

Andrey is working on it but some people are still having trouble saving them. I am happy to put one in for you. Send me an email at ella at pricescope dot com and include your user name and your signature and I will put it in for you.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
Steal said:

Any suggestions?

Hi Steal,

Andrey is working on it but some people are still having trouble saving them. I am happy to put one in for you. Send me an email at ella at pricescope dot com and include your user name and your signature and I will put it in for you.

You're a sweetheart, thank you. But I'd feel too silly e-mailing you. I'll wait 'till it gets fixed.

Have a nice day.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal, it is no problem. That is what we are here for. :))

Love Street

Shiny_Rock

EDIT - sorry - found out theyre in the "Overview" area of our account page.

Hi there. Where are "drafts" of posts/new topics saved? I went to post a new topic in RT for the first time since the remodel and went to preview my post. Then I wanted to edit, but I didn't see where to do that so I hit "save" or "save draft" or something so I could at least save it while I figured it out. I didn't see the missing draft anywhere on my account page. Could you please tell me where drafts are saved? I'm sorry if this is obvious.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Negative post count?

Negative post count? (-1)

On Hangout at the moment both "Resetting my cushion!" and "Looking to buy a setting online, reputable jeweller?" have negative 1 post counts.

I have a screen shot if you miss seeing this yourself but I'd have to e-mail it to you as I'm not so clever as to attach it.

I've never seen that before :twirl: .

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: Negative post count?

Steal said:

On Hangout at the moment both "Resetting my cushion!" and "Looking to buy a setting online, reputable jeweller?" have negative 1 post counts.

I have a screen shot if you miss seeing this yourself but I'd have to e-mail it to you as I'm not so clever as to attach it.

Hi Steal,

It just means that it was moved to the more appropriate forum. :))

You can also see a "moved" icon on the left. It looks different and has an arrow to indicate it has been moved.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) When I right click to save a pic from a thread on PS (example, a pic of a ring), even when the original pic is a jpeg, I can only save it as a bitmap image. It must be a PS error, because I can save other jpeg pics as jpeg files to my computer with no problems. Any idea why this is happening?

2) Is there an easier way to repost a pic from one PS topic to another topic? For example, when someone posts a pic of their cushion ring, I save it to my computer and then upload the attachment to the Cushions topic. Like I mentioned above, the pic becomes a bitmap image when I save it to my computer. Is there an easier way so that I don't have to save the image to my computer and upload it back to PS again?

Thanks!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock

Oh my goodness Ella I am new and have inadvertantly posted a photo with my ring in it which currently has pink sapphires and a diamond halo but the centre stone is a CZ! I madesure I said so in the post but I didnt realise this was a no no until now I am so sorry can I delete it?

regards

Nina

MizNina

Shiny_Rock

Oh and I'm not a trade person :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: Negative post count?

Ella said:
Steal said:

Hi Steal,

It just means that it was moved to the more appropriate forum. :))

You can also see a "moved" icon on the left. It looks different and has an arrow to indicate it has been moved.

:)) I never knew that Ella, thanks. And here was me trying to be clever pointing out an error...Duh!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ha, I was wondering why there was a -1 reply too. Thanks for answering Ella!

Also, I'm unable to log into PS using Google Chrome. When I try to log in, it brings me to my account page but then I don't see a place to log in. I'm using IE right now without any problem, so it's not a huge deal, but I didn't know if others are having the same problem with GC. Thanks!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

We are pleased to announce that we can now search a user's topics via their profile.

Easy way: "All user's topics" and "All user's posts" to the right of the avatar.

Profile view: Click on a user's name or avatar, and it will take you to his or her profile overview page. Scroll down to "Forum Activity" and you will find "search user's topics" above "search user's posts."

Cheers!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the heads up, Coati!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can someone instruct me as to how to post a picture on the new pricescope? I've tried, but am clearly doing it wrong...

Steel

Ideal_Rock

coatimundi said:
We are pleased to announce that we can now search a user's topics via their profile.

Easy way: "All user's topics" and "All user's posts" to the right of the avatar.

Profile view: Click on a user's name or avatar, and it will take you to his or her profile overview page. Scroll down to "Forum Activity" and you will find "search user's topics" above "search user's posts."

Cheers!

Thanks Coati.

BTW, I know you guys are not my therapists or anything but I really miss being able to see when a poster last posted; it used to be right by the avatar. Is that something that might come back? Thanks for listening.

:read:

Steel

Ideal_Rock

violet3 said:
Can someone instruct me as to how to post a picture on the new pricescope? I've tried, but am clearly doing it wrong...

How are you doing it?

Here is my 'blind leading the blind' advice.

When you go to post a reply an 'img' option is 4th last in the blue task bar above the editing area; where you choose to bold/italic etc. If you click on that it seems to link to your images. To add a new one click on upload image which is underscored and choose a title for it, then search for your pic on your pc using browse the same as usual and hit upload or save to choose the image and then to save it. Then I go out of the box and then in again by clicking on 'img' once more and my image is right front and centre. I then make sure it is the right image and double tap the mouse pad and it automatically inserts the image (address) in my reply.

You can upload more than one image by uploading all the ones you want (as above) and then keep going back in the same reply using 'img' and clicking on the next image you want in the post. For me, in IE the image is added as a little web address for the PS image. So you can copy and paste it around your post to put it in the right place if you change your mind.

BTW; I resize my images so 400 x is the maximum size so it usually end up being 400 x <400 to be under the pixel size and rename it an unusal name same as you did before the change

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I am having difficulty using the search function. When I search for 34% crown, for example, I'm told that the word thirty four is not in the data base. So, how do we search for numbers within posts? Thanks for your help and hard work on the switch0over.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Steal said:
violet3 said:

How are you doing it?

Here is my 'blind leading the blind' advice.

When you go to post a reply an 'img' option is 4th last in the blue task bar above the editing area; where you choose to bold/italic etc. If you click on that it seems to link to your images. To add a new one click on upload image which is underscored and choose a title for it, then search for your pic on your pc using browse the same as usual and hit upload or save to choose the image and then to save it. Then I go out of the box and then in again by clicking on 'img' once more and my image is right front and centre. I then make sure it is the right image and double tap the mouse pad and it automatically inserts the image (address) in my reply.

You can upload more than one image by uploading all the ones you want (as above) and then keep going back in the same reply using 'img' and clicking on the next image you want in the post. For me, in IE the image is added as a little web address for the PS image. So you can copy and paste it around your post to put it in the right place if you change your mind.

BTW; I resize my images so 400 x is the maximum size so it usually end up being 400 x <400 to be under the pixel size and rename it an unusal name same as you did before the change

Thanks steal - i'll try! i used to be so good at posting pics, but now....

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Violet, please let us know if Steal's great advice still does not get you there.

SAPHIRINA

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

I just noticed that the displayed name on my posts changed to my default user name, not the displayed name that I elected to use when I signed up with Pricescope. I'd like to get my displayed name back. I tried using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't seem to work, gives the following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smtp_mail() (previously declared in /var/www/phpmailer/pricescope_smtp.php:6) in /var/www/phpmailer/pricescope_smtp.php on line 29

I'd appreciate it if a moderator would contact me to resolve this. Thanks!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Saphirina said:
Hi all,

I just noticed that the displayed name on my posts changed to my default user name, not the displayed name that I elected to use when I signed up with Pricescope. I'd like to get my displayed name back. I tried using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't seem to work, gives the following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smtp_mail() (previously declared in /var/www/phpmailer/pricescope_smtp.php:6) in /var/www/phpmailer/pricescope_smtp.php on line 29

I'd appreciate it if a moderator would contact me to resolve this. Thanks!

I see the correct name now so you should be all set.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

is the drag and paste function for emoticons working yet?

Rae~

Shiny_Rock

Sometime in the last 12 hours or so, might something have changed, settings-wise?

Now, if I (when logged in) click on "Overview" from the drop-down menu under "My Pages", the site logs me out. Or rather, it shows me a page that appears as if I am logged out. If I then click 'Back' on my browser, I appear to be still logged in, but there is still no way to access the "Overview" page (and therefore, keep track of subscribed threads).

Is this just me? I am using FF 3.6 on Windows XP Pro v5.1.

Cheers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Rae~ said:
Sometime in the last 12 hours or so, might something have changed, settings-wise?

Now, if I (when logged in) click on "Overview" from the drop-down menu under "My Pages", the site logs me out. Or rather, it shows me a page that appears as if I am logged out. If I then click 'Back' on my browser, I appear to be still logged in, but there is still no way to access the "Overview" page (and therefore, keep track of subscribed threads).

Is this just me? I am using FF 3.6 on Windows XP Pro v5.1.

Cheers

Hi,

We are still having issues with login and working to fix it asap.

If you are still experiencing issues, the current work around is to logout then re-login. If you do not see a logout at the "My pages" menu tab try going to the home page.

You may also just click on this url https://www.pricescope.com/logout

If you log out overtime you leave the site this should issue should not happen.

We hope to have this fixed soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock

MizNina said:
Oh and I'm not a trade person :)

me neither, but it's shown. how can I remove it? found no answer here...

liquidcherry

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi everybody, this post is directed to Ella...

Ella, i tried to contact the PS admin over the last 3 months a couple times because i would like to advertise or get some quotes about it and rather than break any forum rules by posting my website or sig with a referrer link to my website would you please get in contact with me since i just know how swamped with work the admin must be (launching a new website is very time consuming) :)

Thx and best regards,

Frank aka Liquidcherry

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I can't view anyone's signatures. I haven't been able to since the switch to 2.0. I thought it was just a glitch until I got on a different computer and I could see them on that computer, but still not on mine.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

When I try to post I get to the page and enter the text then when I click submit it goes to a white page that says done at the bottom but there is no post. I lost one long and complicated post to this, rewrote it and lost it again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results