New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Jennifer W said:
Hi,
Sorry if this has already been asked / covered - I didn't spot it but there are so many pages here I may have missed it. My signature appears when I look over my profile, but when I actually post in a thread, it doesn't show up (at least I can't see it). My question is therefore does anyone else see it (it just says customer service associate, DBL) and if not, how do I 'activate' it?

Thanks!

Jen

I can see it Jen.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ah. Thanks - how odd. I can't see it. I'm using chrome, if that's any help?

As long as I know it's there, I guess that's ok!

Jen

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Jennifer W said:
Ah. Thanks - how odd. I can't see it. I'm using chrome, if that's any help?

As long as I know it's there, I guess that's ok!

Jen

I am using Chrome too. I will double check with a non-admin account to be sure and will let Andrey know that you cannot see it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

When someome replies to my posts, it shows up as my old username, and not as IndyLady. Any way to change this?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock

PS Admin said:
Aryana said:
I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.

Hi Aryana,

I am not sure what you mean by selecting a post to read and then exiting. What are you clicking on to select it?

Ella,
Sorry for the confusion. I can best describe by using an example.

1. I am in the Hangout forum
2. I scroll towards the bottom of the forum and select a topic (Ex: Fleas! Please help!)
3. I read the posts in this topic
4. I exit the topic by hitting the Back button or selecting the 'Return to Hangout' button
5. When the Hangout forum page is redisplayed, I am positioned at the very top of the forum page. I must scroll again to
the bottom of the page to read the next topic after 'Fleas! Please help!' (in this case it would be 'Creeper Alert'). In
PS 1 when I hit the Back button the screen stayed positioned at the same place on the Hangout forum and I didn't have to
scroll back down to the bottom to see the next topic.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Drop down menu, driving me batty

I am being driven mad by the forum drop down menu; specifically navigating down in it to the cafe then right to Hangout or F&H etc.

The menu more often than not just retracts/disappears before I get into the sub-menu for the cafe or if it allows me to move right then it retracts or if it lets me that far it will retract before I move down to F&H.

Often if I do get to click on a selection it manages to be ATW instead of Hangout or F&H instead of ATW etc...

I'm using IE and a mouse-pad built into my compaq rather than a mouse.

:((

I don't suppose there is any chance that PS 1.0 would come back? I assume you have invested far too much time, effort and $$$ but I really miss it...

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

IndyLady said:
When someome replies to my posts, it shows up as my old username, and not as IndyLady. Any way to change this?

This should be fixed now.

If there are some old posts need fixing just let us know.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: Drop down menu, driving me batty

Steal said:
I am being driven mad by the forum drop down menu; specifically navigating down in it to the cafe then right to Hangout or F&H etc.

The menu more often than not just retracts/disappears before I get into the sub-menu for the cafe or if it allows me to move right then it retracts or if it lets me that far it will retract before I move down to F&H.

Often if I do get to click on a selection it manages to be ATW instead of Hangout or F&H instead of ATW etc...

I'm using IE and a mouse-pad built into my compaq rather than a mouse.

:((

I don't suppose there is any chance that PS 1.0 would come back? I assume you have invested far too much time, effort and $$$ but I really miss it...

Our goal i to fix all the issues and make PS 2.0 much better.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I cannot upgrade my browser on one computer I'm on much of the day because I do not own it. Are you going to figure out how to show whole posts for all browsers, or are those of us with lower version just going to have to "live with it?" It stinks having to quote people just to see what they wrote, or emailing a photo file to myself to see how it looks because i can't see the whole post in each thread.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

When someone changes their screen name, their original name still shows up in their user profile. Not really a bad thing since I don't know who some of the posters are now. However, I would probably like it better if people aren't allowed to change their screen names.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

For some reason the "go to first unread post" works for me on every thread but this one.

I find that strange!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

It appears in the migration the Avatar images did not convert nicely.

Please reload them to fix them. The optimum size is 100 x 100 pixels.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Is it no longer possible to use web images in the avatars? That's what I always did in PS 1.0 and it was super convenient.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aryana said:
PS Admin said:
Aryana said:
I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.

Hi Aryana,

I am not sure what you mean by selecting a post to read and then exiting. What are you clicking on to select it?

Ella,

2. I scroll towards the bottom of the forum and select a topic (Ex: Fleas! Please help!)
4. I exit the topic by hitting the Back button or selecting the 'Return to Hangout' button
5. When the Hangout forum page is redisplayed, I am positioned at the very top of the forum page. I must scroll again to
the bottom of the page to read the next topic
after 'Fleas! Please help!' (in this case it would be 'Creeper Alert'). In
PS 1 when I hit the Back button the screen stayed positioned at the same place on the Hangout forum and I didn't have to
yep, i'm having the same problem. ::)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
For some reason the "go to first unread post" works for me on every thread but this one.

I find that strange!

That is strange.

Can you tell me where the first unread post takes you to?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
Is it no longer possible to use web images in the avatars? That's what I always did in PS 1.0 and it was super convenient.

I am not sure. what you can do upload the image to the post and i will look into it.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Aryana said:
PS Admin said:
Aryana said:

Hi Aryana,

Ella,

the bottom of the page to read the next topic after 'Fleas! Please help!' (in this case it would be 'Creeper Alert'). In

Hi Aryana,

thank you for that great example. I believe that is a by design feature, but I do like the way you think it should work. I look into it.

In the mean time click on the back button on the browser seems to do the same as you requested.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
rhbgirl24 said:
Hmm... I think my questions are being overlooked....

1.) will the scrolling issue be fixed (i.e the website should auto select the width for each browser and we shouldn't have to scroll sideways to read each and every post.

2.) I miss being able to see "all topics posted by user" now I can see all the replies, but something you want to only see the topics they started... am I missing that, or is it not included any longer?

Thank you!

Hi rhb,

They are not being ignored but have already been answered in this thread.

The scrolling issue may be because you are using Internet Explorer-is that correct? We are working on that issue but it seems to be ok with other browsers. Please let us know if you are having trouble with another browser.

We are working on getting the all topics button back.

Ella, thanks! Nope, not using IE. Using Firefox. Happens with both browsers.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

rhbgirl24 said:
Ella said:
rhbgirl24 said:
Hmm... I think my questions are being overlooked....

1.) will the scrolling issue be fixed (i.e the website should auto select the width for each browser and we shouldn't have to scroll sideways to read each and every post.

2.) I miss being able to see "all topics posted by user" now I can see all the replies, but something you want to only see the topics they started... am I missing that, or is it not included any longer?

Thank you!

Hi rhb,

They are not being ignored but have already been answered in this thread.

The scrolling issue may be because you are using Internet Explorer-is that correct? We are working on that issue but it seems to be ok with other browsers. Please let us know if you are having trouble with another browser.

We are working on getting the all topics button back.

Ella, thanks! Nope, not using IE. Using Firefox. Happens with both browsers.

Hi RHB,

Those things are on our list. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

risingsun said:
Lynn B said:
risingsun said:
psadmin said:
One more post before I pass out. :lol:

ForumHelp.png

Will the asterik appear in any thread in which you have posted--not just the stickied posts? It would be very helpful if it did.
When you are reading a thread, is there a function that takes you to the first unread post? It amost seemed, in the above graphic, that this function did exist, but I can't get it to work.

When I'm participating in a thread, no small icon appears before the thread title. I have to scroll through the pages. I know that I can pick a page, but in the longer threads, I don't have any way of knowing what page I was on when I left the discussion unless I go back into my page and scroll through my posts.

I am still having to go through a convoluted log in process. I click on log in and get sent to my page. I have to click on groups and then the log in screen pops up. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Shouldn't the log in screen appear when you click on log in?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Marian,
I am FAAAAR from any kind of PS2 expert, but I think I know the answers to two of your questions.
The asterisk appears in all threads, NOT just stickied ones.
The little orange square icon before a post title will take you to the first unread post. In the case that you have never opened the thread yet, it will take you to the first post.
At least that's how it's working for me; and I'm using Firefox.
HTH!
Lynn

Thank you Lynn and Andrey! Sometimes I just need to be pointed in the right direction ;))

It would be nice if these icons were more intuitive or if you could hover over them and it states "hot topic" or "you have posted in this thread."

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

tourmaline_lover said:
risingsun said:
Lynn B said:
risingsun said:
psadmin said:
One more post before I pass out. :lol:

ForumHelp.png

Will the asterik appear in any thread in which you have posted--not just the stickied posts? It would be very helpful if it did.
When you are reading a thread, is there a function that takes you to the first unread post? It amost seemed, in the above graphic, that this function did exist, but I can't get it to work.

When I'm participating in a thread, no small icon appears before the thread title. I have to scroll through the pages. I know that I can pick a page, but in the longer threads, I don't have any way of knowing what page I was on when I left the discussion unless I go back into my page and scroll through my posts.

I am still having to go through a convoluted log in process. I click on log in and get sent to my page. I have to click on groups and then the log in screen pops up. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Shouldn't the log in screen appear when you click on log in?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Marian,
I am FAAAAR from any kind of PS2 expert, but I think I know the answers to two of your questions.
The asterisk appears in all threads, NOT just stickied ones.
The little orange square icon before a post title will take you to the first unread post. In the case that you have never opened the thread yet, it will take you to the first post.
At least that's how it's working for me; and I'm using Firefox.
HTH!
Lynn

Thank you Lynn and Andrey! Sometimes I just need to be pointed in the right direction ;))

It would be nice if these icons were more intuitive or if you could hover over them and it states "hot topic" or "you have posted in this thread."

TL,

Some of the icon already have the hover feature.

We plan to add some and looking into ways to make it more intuitive an easier to to see.

Ruup

Rough_Rock

The search doesn't seem to work very well and when it does find things many times when you click on the link it says topic doesn't exist!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been around much since the switch-over and the search function doesn't come up with much: timezone is off by several hours - is that just me or are others having similar issues with the timeposts?

Thanks!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

:appl:

Love the new colours. Thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Ruup said:
The search doesn't seem to work very well and when it does find things many times when you click on the link it says topic doesn't exist!

The Search is still indexing all the posts. Once it is done you should be able to find things better.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

kama_s said:
I am sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been around much since the switch-over and the search function doesn't come up with much: timezone is off by several hours - is that just me or are others having similar issues with the timeposts?

Thanks!

The TimeZone uses GMT 0.

We are looking at fixing it to use the setting from your profile.

This will show the time in local form fro everyone.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal said:
:appl:

Love the new colours. Thank you!

Thanks Steal.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

PS Admin said:
sillyberry said:

I find that strange!

That is strange.

Can you tell me where the first unread post takes you to?

It takes me to the top of the last page of the thread. As I said, it works just fine everywhere else! Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I post a reply the reply hangs, and so to get back to Pricescope, I have to open it again in a new window. When I open it, I see the reply has posted even though it's hanging in my other browser window.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: Thanks for fixing the colors, much softer on the eyes... I was getting a headache from looking at PS, and that made me sad.. So thanks for fixing it...

Now about the time... Are you guys working on that still?? Or is it something I can fix now by going to my page. Last time I tried, it didn't work.

KUDOS to you guys... I know we have b*tched and moaned.... complained, and the like....

Andrey and team PS have done a great job...

Thanks!!!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results