clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hest88 said:
Thanks for fixing the IE 8 issues. Unfortunately, at work I'm on a lower version of IE (and can't upgrade) and I definitely get the cut-off posts. Oh well; I guess that means I won't be able to visit PS as much at work anymore. At home I'm on Firefox and it looks fine.

Hi Hest,

By lower version of IE, do you mean IE 6?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

It appears I can only so much of a post.

For example, I can only see the top half of any photos posted. And if a text only post is rather long, it gets cut off at a certain point too.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

psadmin said:
oldminer said:
#1 The 3 hyperlinks under my name in the "Signature" appear to be dead at the moment. They were working in the old version of PS.

#2 I have filled in the "APRAISER" profile information and hit the submit button. It has been saved, but remains "NOT APPROVED" at the top of this page. Will appraisers have a page with details of what they do and what they offer as part of the Google Map display?

THANKS for getting to these problems. I know I'm not alone with minor issues.

Hi Dave,

I fixed it for you. It seems the hyperlinks did not convert properly for signatures.
So one needs to relink them in the signature area in the their user profiles.

Hi Andrey,

I seem to have the same problem..., no signature & link.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Something a bit odd for me: the case of the amazing disappearing post. I left a reply in Fiery's "American Items" thread in Hangout, and saw it post (both in the thread, and on the column where you see the last poster), but when I checked in a bit later, it was gone. Is the "Submit" button as opposed to the "Post" button subject to approval, or ...?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i can see pics now. :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jax172 said:
It appears I can only so much of a post.

For example, I can only see the top half of any photos posted. And if a text only post is rather long, it gets cut off at a certain point too.

Jax this is happening to IE users...most likely those using a lower browser than IE8.

I am using IE7 and it is happening to me. So now I am using FireFox and it's fine.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

I'm on IE7 and I haven't had any problems viewing complete posts and pictures.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I think something may be up with the trade designation? I used to be listed as trade...I think I turned it off though.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

I'm still trying to fix my scrolling left/right issue. Where is the "zoom" that has been discussed for customizing??

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

somethingshiny said:
I'm still trying to fix my scrolling left/right issue. Where is the "zoom" that has been discussed for customizing??

If you are using IE, bottom right corner.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Charmy, but I'm using FF. If I CNTRL (-) it gets really small, and if I leave it where it is, I have to scroll L/R. I thought this "zoom" thing would help....

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

My time zone is messed up. I selected EST but I keep seeing another time zone in military time.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock

Not really a "problem" but I noticed I am no longer "Ideal rock" -- instead I am "brilliant rock." Not sure if this is a demotion (boo!) but would be nice to know what the new designations are now =)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

CharmyPoo said:
My time zone is messed up. I selected EST but I keep seeing another time zone in military time.

I keep seeing military time too, I tried fixing it.

ETA: I just noticed all of my posts say I'm a trade person.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock

rockzilla said:
Not really a "problem" but I noticed I am no longer "Ideal rock" -- instead I am "brilliant rock." Not sure if this is a demotion (boo!) but would be nice to know what the new designations are now =)

Yikes, I suddenly have trade person on my posts. I'm not in the industry. Let me look at my account and see if I can fix it, but I did not register with this status...

Supers

Shiny_Rock

Is the search function working?
I can't seem to get it to work. Previously I could do a search on terms such as "melbourne jeweller" and get a list of topics, but I'm not getting anything now.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

I uploaded a picture of my ring in the User Control Panel, and my round brilliant looks like an oval! :-o It looks OK when I attach the same picture here. ???? :confused:

Can this be fixed?

Thank you!

Lynn

PS2_Siggy_1.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

psadmin said:
Hest88 said:
Thanks for fixing the IE 8 issues. Unfortunately, at work I'm on a lower version of IE (and can't upgrade) and I definitely get the cut-off posts. Oh well; I guess that means I won't be able to visit PS as much at work anymore. At home I'm on Firefox and it looks fine.

Hi Hest,

By lower version of IE, do you mean IE 6?
Hi. Yes, 6. Unfortunately, I've noticed that a bunch of more dynamic sites are kicking 6 to the curb. Oh well.

BTW, here's something else weird that just happened. I'm at home, on Firefox, and noticed that when I was on the homepage of PS I was logged in, but when in any of the forums I was logged out. Every time I clicked on the "Log in here" link up top it recognized that I was logged in and would take me to my profile but when I choose any forum it thought I was logged out. I finally resolved it by hitting "Board Preferences" in my Profile, where it asked me to log in *again* and then, finally, it kept me logged in even in the forums. Weird.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rockzilla said:
i got promoted to "super ideal rock" :praise:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

vtigger86 said:
rockzilla said:
i got promoted to "super ideal rock" :praise:

I noticed that!!!! :devil: Enjoy it while you can... Just kidding...
:lol:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Df,
When I quoted you it came up as Vtigger, that was your old screen name... Can that be fixed?? :read:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Df,
When I quoted you it came up as Vtigger, that was your old screen name... Can that be fixed?? :read:
i don't know, strange,maybe it'll be fix soon. :confused:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lynn B said:
I uploaded a picture of my ring in the User Control Panel, and my round brilliant looks like an oval! :-o It looks OK when I attach the same picture here. ???? :confused:

Can this be fixed?

Thank you!

Lynn
same with my watch. :confused:

You need to make the image square... 100 x 100 or 90 x 90 ... the width and the height need to the the same or it will look funky (at least for the avatars)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

vtigger86 said:
Gailey said:
MAC-W said:
Lynn B said:
somethingshiny said:
My screen size is too big horizontally and forces me to scroll left/right to see an entire post. (even ones without oversize pics) I can't seem to find a setting to fix it. Please help. (Using Firefox and having no other problems)

Does CONTROL - (minus key) fix the problem? It did for me.

Thanks Lynn B.
That fixed it for me
:appl:

I have customised my view at 115% and it fills the whole page, no scrolling issues at all.

my options are 100% and the next one is 125%.the 100% is too small (no scrolling) 125% is too big and needed to scroll,so how you customize to 115%?

DF, At the bottom, it says Custom. Hit that and then type in 115 in the box that comes up.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

my signature line disappeared.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Gailey

DF, At the bottom, it says Custom. Hit that and then type in 115 in the box that comes up.[/quote]
thanks, Gailey :wavey: done!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I stil cannot post pics that are in my image gallery. I can't find a way to scroll through them. Please advise.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Hi Ella,

not sure if this has been addressed, but can you please tell me more about the search function?

I am finding it very challenging and laborious to use, for example:
if I search on "Afghan tourmaline", every single reply from only the most recent thread that has been created comes up, but nothing else.
I am looking for older threads / posts which I know are there, but are not showing up..

Also, do you think they plan to keep it that way so that the search results are shown one by one all of the individual posts, rather than as thread titles or topics like in the old search?
This seems a bit ineffective is all..

Sorry, I hate to complain but I really like being able to do effective searches.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
aj ::)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

minor problem.

When I use the jump to button to change forum, I go to the link viewforum.php instead of, for example, rockytalky/.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results