shape
carat
color
clarity

Worried... birth control and diet pills :o(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Seems like a few of us PSers are having some pregnancy scares. Just to give you some background, I have been on Orthotricyclen Lo for about a year now. I have never missed a pill and take them on time almost all the time (there have been a few occasions where I am about an hour late). Well every since starting them, I get my period during the 3 or 4th day of the inactive pills and it lasts until about the 6th or 7th day. Well this past Sunday (my 3rd week of pills and not taking inactive pills yet), I started taking Women''s One a Day weight smart. Well 3 days later I got my period a whole week early! It started out very light, stopped for like a day, was normal for a day or 2 then was done. I have never gotten my period a week early on birth control.

Now I know I could just take a pregnancy test, but for piece of mind has this happen to anyone? Does anyone take one a day''s or any similar pills while on the pill? I have looked online and it doesn''t really say that there is a reaction, but I have also read that its affects have not really been studied. I also don''t really have any pregnancy symptoms, but those might not start right awya

Any advice, insight or sites with more info would be great.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It could have been breakthrough bleeding. I took OTC for years and then started developing breakthrough bleeding and other wierd period-type issues (like period for longer than a week or missed periods) and I had to change pills because that hormone combination wasn''t right for me anymore. It could also be that the one a day vitamins could have started to take effect and messed with your hormones a bit. if I remember correctly, the vitamins you''re taking aren''t actual diet pills, they''re more for women who are dieting and might be in need of additional help to cover the gaps in their diet plan. Check with your doctor.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Do the vitamins have Chromium in them? I took Chromium Picolinate in high school to help with blood sugar issues and I essentially had my period for a whole month! I have never taken it again.

Call your doctor or a nurse in their office!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Actually they do! That could be why my period started early, or maybe it wasn''t even my period and I will get it this week? But the bleeding only lasted for a few days... hmm

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m not on the pill, but I have taken the same vitamin you listed. My period got so screwed up! My cycle became 18-32 days! Sometimes I''d have two a month, sometimes go a whole month without one! I quit taking the vitamin and now I''m back on track.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Hmm OK, so maybe it is the vitamins, because I am usually very regular from month to month and it changed once I started taking this vitamins... but I thought maybe it could be because I was pregnant. I am going to my gynecologist in a week, I''ll ask her.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I had similar problems while on Ortho Tricyclen. I don''t think it was lo, but it was a while ago. It worked great for a long time (a couple years?) and then all of a sudden my period got really whacky. I''d get it early or really late or it would come for weeks (yes plural) at a time.

After switching my pill around a bunch I had to stop taking the pill because I just couldn''t find one that worked for me. I eventually started using nuvaring which I loved and never had any problems with, but then again I wasn''t even on it for a year, so maybe if I''d given it enough time it would''ve gotten whacky too.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Chromium picolinate is a common mineral included in weight loss pills. It messes with how your body maintans insulin and tries to regulate as efficient metabolism as possible. Honestly, if you''re not weight lifting, this may do more harm than good. Take a regular multi-vitamin and it may help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results