shape
carat
color
clarity

Why don't more PS mommies post over on Hangout as much?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I know some still do (even more than me!), and I'm sure some never did, but I rarely see a lot of the mommies over on Hangout. Besides FHH, Hangout is the other sub-forum that I still frequent regularly, and I'd love to hear the perspectives of my mommy friends over there more often!

Is it just a time issue, or is it that you come to PS just to fill your mommy-sharing niche and don't want to discuss other things, or do you guys frequent other sub-forums that I'm not on much anymore, or something else entirely? Just curious :))

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I post mostly in Hangout and FHH. I lurk LIW but I find myself repeating "if you can't say anything nice...." too much to post anything over there :oops:

I go through phases with PS. Sometimes I just lurk, other times I post a lot. It just depends on what's going on in my life at the moment. Right now I'm busy being pregnant with a toddler while being a working mom so my online time is a bit limited.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ha Diva I go through phases too! I was on a BWW kick a few weeks ago :p

I post on hangout but this is always my first stop. The topics interest me a lot more (although I wish there were more topics!). Plus, I feel like its a bit more personal here. Not that I would put my social security number out there but I feel like I can really chat about whatever issues I'm having in this section and since the moms "know" me, they'll take my history into consideration when responding.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FHH is more my speed right now, I don't have as much time for PS overall.

But frankly, Hangout is just not interesting for me right now. I do float over there and peruse topics and most of them I just don't feel like chiming in on.

Plus I also feel like the threads there get a lot of responses and not many really take the time to respond to each other. A lot of them are questions that people just answer and there's not as much back and forth or a 'convo' going on. Here someone will ask a Q and it's usually a really well thought out answer that can provoke more convo or at least 'hey that's a good idea!' or 'yeah i thought of that but...' --whereas it seems more of the topics there are things like 'bald or gray haired' and what more do you really say than the straight answer? hehe.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
To be honest... I know that I can come to FHH, post what is on my mind, and for teh most part, know that the ladies don't always expect me to hang around and conversate. In Hangout, I feel like people expect you to hang around for the whole thread. You post one thing, and 4 people come back asking you to clarify your response, or to further explain why you thought something, etc.Personally, I just don't have time to have 2 and 3 page discussions...

I am slowly getting back into BWW. It is alot like FHH, people ask for advice, you give it, and you are done.

Like Fiery, I like the dynamic in FHH. Polite, patient, and sympathetic :bigsmile:

ETA: The threads in Hangout that you can just pop in and out of, just don't catch my interest much.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cuz Kenny scare em away... :lol:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I'm not a mommy yet but I was a LIW and am now a BWW and I just wanted to say that I (we?) really value your opinions and experience when you have time to chime in. I love the "graduation" feel of these sub-forums. DivaDiamond, sometimes we need a bit of gentle tough love and perspective.

Apologies for wandering off-topic, Sabine, but I wanted to let you all know how much we appreciate you :wavey:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so busy and tired these days that all I can get up the energy to do is lurk and post randomly-mostly in the preggo thread.

Don't worry though, you'll all be subjected to my opinions on a regular basis again soon enough.... :Up_to_something:

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I barely have time for the newborn thread, so I rarely make it over to Hangout. And when i did not too long ago, it just kinda turned me off...

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Fiery and Mara. I wander over but just don't have the time to really stick around and no topics are jumping out at me lately. Doesn't seem like they are really "advice" threads as much, more like threads where people can talk about themselves, state opinions or fight about them rather than having an open discussion.

I know there are those threads still, I just don't have as much time to find them.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat said:
Ditto Fiery and Mara. I wander over but just don't have the time to really stick around and no topics are jumping out at me lately. Doesn't seem like they are really "advice" threads as much, more like threads where people can talk about themselves, state opinions or fight about them rather than having an open discussion.

I know there are those threads still, I just don't have as much time to find them.
I agree with this. I used to enjoy the Hangout thread but not so much lately. Many threads are down right silly or escalate into some kind of cat fight. It used to be a fun way to kill time and have a thought provoking conversation but now it often annoys me which then feels like a waste of time. I hope I'm not being too blunt- just my honest explanation.I also think 2.0 may've been part of the perfect storm which has now resulted in reduced traffic in some areas.

Still things could go the other way in a few months and soon it'll be filled with mostly mommies and everyone else will be complaining :bigsmile:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
There are a FEW threads I've seen lately that I wouldn't mind contributing to, but I really don't have time to come up with a thoughtful post AND stick around to discuss/defend it. I think that's my biggest problem, time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results