shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your favorite wedding gift?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
NatyH&A: Elrohwen, thank you for your thoughts... PP couldn't be wondering where are the pictures of my set, coz i had specifically mentioned in my initial post that i had very recently posted the pics on a separate thread on Show Me The Bling.

Uhh, so maybe she didn't read that part carefully? Or maybe she wondered if it was in your wedding pictures and she just didn't see it? eta: Or she was just wondering why you didn't wear it for the wedding? There are way too many explanations and none of them end with her implying you're lying.
20.gif

You're reading way too much into this whole situation. Maybe it's time to lighten up.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 4:30:24 PM
Author: elrohwen

NatyH&A: Elrohwen, thank you for your thoughts... PP couldn''t be wondering where are the pictures of my set, coz i had specifically mentioned in my initial post that i had very recently posted the pics on a separate thread on Show Me The Bling.

Uhh, so maybe she didn''t read that part carefully? Or maybe she wondered if it was in your wedding pictures and she just didn''t see it? eta: Or she was just wondering why you didn''t wear it for the wedding? There are way too many explanations and none of them end with her implying you''re lying.
20.gif

You''re reading way too much into this whole situation. Maybe it''s time to lighten up.
Or perhaps she saw your wedding pictures in BWW but not your post about the jewelry from SMTB because it''s now on the second page?

If you had intended everyone to get all the details about your set from your SMTB thread, you probably should have put a link to it in your original response.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one knows what did SparklyBlond really mean by that comment and everybody''s only supposing things, coming up with their own subjective opinions and explanations and posting long posts on what she might have been thinking, etc, etc... I understood something that seemed insulting. I answered accordingly because the post was addressed to me. Then numerous people who had nothing to do with the...let''s call it misunderstanding and who actually don''t have a single clue about what was really meant by that other person''s post (because that person never came back to clarify the issue herself) started playing the role of attorney and...defending the OP case! Frankly i don''t care any more about the issue and i will not visit this thread again, coz the way this whole thing has developed seems completely ridiculous to me and i''m getting the impression that there are certain people who are just looking for an excuse for creating drama...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 5:15:44 PM
Author: Naty H&A
No one knows what did SparklyBlond really mean by that comment and everybody''s only supposing things, coming up with their own subjective opinions and explanations and posting long posts on what she might have been thinking, etc, etc... I understood something that seemed insulting. I answered accordingly because the post was addressed to me. Then numerous people who had nothing to do with the...let''s call it misunderstanding and who actually don''t have a single clue about what was really meant by that other person''s post (because that person never came back to clarify the issue herself) started playing the role of attorney and...defending the OP case! Frankly i don''t care any more about the issue and i will not visit this thread again, coz the way this whole thing has developed seems completely ridiculous to me and i''m getting the impression that there are certain people who are just looking for an excuse for creating drama...
I hope you''re referring to yourself, because you''re the only drama-stirrer in this thread as far as I can tell. Enjoy your jewelry...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty, I think you're being very sensitve. I have PLENTY of times asked posters if I was missing something when they talk about a piece I haven't seen pics of. Essentially, it just means I am inquisitve and want to know more about the piece because it has piqued my curiosity (in a good way). I have been asked this in the past as well when I backhandedly talked about my new bracelet and was too lazy to post pics! People were wondering if either a) they missed seeing the thread or b) I just didn't post a thread on it. It's a very commonly used figure of speech. I get the feeling English may not be your first language?

Anyways, LOVE your set! Showed it to my hubby two nights ago and we both couldn't believe how generous your in-laws are! Lucky girl! Btw, if I hadn't seen your thread on SMTR I probably would have asked you if I was missing something....

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''ll get this back on track and answer the original question!

It''s hard to pick, because we had a honeymoon registry - we got very few physical gifts.

My favorite was an awesome joke gift from some friends. They gave us a check, but also brought a little gift bag. I was so curious, so I open the bag and pull out two t-shirts. They are black and say:

I''ve Got Balls
Beer Pong

And they have little pockets in the sleeve with ping pong balls in them. LOL We''re the beer pong champs at parties, and love to play, so we thought the shirts were hilarious. Totally not a gift you would see at any wedding but ours!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 3:14:34 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 6/7/2010 3:06:43 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 6/7/2010 10:00:38 AM
Author: Naty H&A
Last one...I hope that everybody is convinced and satisfied now
21.gif
Um, what? I'm sorry, who said they didn't believe you?
33.gif
Yeah - I definitely read the PP's comment as 'Wow, those are beautiful, I can't believe I missed them!' not 'I didn't see them in your pictures so you must be lying.'
Yikes
7.gif
My memory failed me on this one. I thought that I remembered them being FOR the wedding not AT the wedding. Simple mistake, that's all. I was excited to see them with your dress and skipped through to the photos.

ETA: Sparkly's thought process
3.gif
after reviewing the SMTR post.

"So i'm back after a wonderful and extremely moving wedding...My dearest mom and dad in law surprised me during the wedding party with the most wonderful gift ever..."

I interpreted it to say that you were posting photos after your wedding, however, you had been given the gift before the wedding at the "wedding party". I had never heard of a "wedding party" before and assumed (incorrectly) that it was like a bridal shower.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm back to the original topic lol
I also got the colored C&B bowels and just
30.gif
them!!! They add so much color to the table!!
But aside from that, my favorite gift was a letter that dh's great grandfather took the time to write (and he is 103 and has trouble holding the pen steady so this really surprised us!) Him and his wife (who passed away about 6 years ago) were married on the same day as we were I think about 75 years ago. He wrote a total recall of how he felt that day and how he was reminded of it again on our day. :) I love reading it!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 10:28:29 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 5/24/2010 5:35:16 PM

Author: Zoe

Hmmm, I love all of our gifts, so it''s hard to choose. I think one of my absolute favorite things is a set of mixing bowls from C&B. They''re so colorful and they make me happy when I use them. I''m easy to please, apparently!

Oh, and one of my favorite artists is a woman in my hometown. She does wonderful prints of different historical structures in town, and I love them. A family friend gave us a framed print of one of her pictures, and I adore it.
oo we got those as well! we normally do buffet style at home for dinner, so it nice to put my big bowls of pasta or salad in them in well.

i think for us, would be a toss up between our braville espresso maker,OR , our bar from C&B. It is just so rad. But i think what I appreciate the most is getting our casual''fine'' china set and silverware set in complete. having a full set just makes it feel like a real house.
Ooohh DH and I bought this bar for ourselves and we love it!! We get such great use out of it and always get a ton of compliments on it

Favorite wedding gift is tough for us we only received like three presents the rest was cash. I would have to say though it''s the Tiffany candlesticks my co-workers bought us because I love the thought that went into them. They weren''t on our registry but they figured who doesn''t love a Tiffany present and one of their favorite weddings gifts they had received was Tiffany candlesticks. They''re really gorgeous too! Next favorite gift has to be the Waterford frame one of my friends and my sister got us.......I really wish now that we had kept both instead of exchanging one it really is a stunning frame
40.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 3:54:25 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
30.gif
But aside from that, my favorite gift was a letter that dh''s great grandfather took the time to write (and he is 103 and has trouble holding the pen steady so this really surprised us!) Him and his wife (who passed away about 6 years ago) were married on the same day as we were I think about 75 years ago. He wrote a total recall of how he felt that day and how he was reminded of it again on our day. :) I love reading it!
That is so sweet!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it wrong that my favorite wedding gift(s) were the checks? We closed on our first house 2 weeks after our wedding and we furnished almost the whole house using the money we got for wedding gifts. So my favorite gift is probably the awesome couch we bought with the checks!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 3:54:25 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
30.gif
Colored bowels? I think you should see a doctor for that!
23.gif

Hahaha. Ummm I think my favorite gifts were the cash.
22.gif
Or the rice cooker.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift was the cash we received. Not because I''m greedy, it was because the day before the wedding an ATM machine ate my debit card and we left for a week in Belize very early the morning after the wedding. So while DH had his card, half of our HM spending money was in MY account, which I couldn''t access. So the cash was very very much appreciated.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock

errrm, sparklyblonde's comments sounded completely innocent to me.

good grief, she doesn't deserve to get her head bitten off like that. Talk about an over-the-top reaction naty!

edit: i have no presents, or a wedding yet
20.gif

*peony*

Rough_Rock
The waffle maker!!
18.gif

We also loved all the cash and checks we recieved and put towards our dream bedroom set and a new mattress.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely a toss up between a pair of handmade cedar adirondak chairs, and the antler lamp that our good friend got us.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 1:26:04 AM
Author: thing2of2
Is it wrong that my favorite wedding gift(s) were the checks? We closed on our first house 2 weeks after our wedding and we furnished almost the whole house using the money we got for wedding gifts. So my favorite gift is probably the awesome couch we bought with the checks!
Not wrong at all! They were my favourite gifts too!!!

I was really hoping people wouldn''t bring a lot of huge wrapped gifts (although they were definitely appreciated!) because I didn''t want to have to lug them home at the end of the night. Thank goodness my dad did that for us! Someone brought a large painted flower pot with our names and wedding date painted on it (?!?!?)...we have yet to figure out who brought it!
5.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 12:48:19 PM
Author: sammyj

Date: 6/15/2010 1:26:04 AM
Author: thing2of2
Not wrong at all! They were my favourite gifts too!!!

I was really hoping people wouldn''t bring a lot of huge wrapped gifts (although they were definitely appreciated!) because I didn''t want to have to lug them home at the end of the night. Thank goodness my dad did that for us! Someone brought a large painted flower pot with our names and wedding date painted on it (?!?!?)...we have yet to figure out who brought it!
5.gif
Not to threadjack, but HELLOOOOOO SAMMYJ!

Pretty please go to BWW and post some pics from your wedding!!! I''ve been hoping you would come back and fill us in!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 5:07:17 PM
Author: Clairitek

Pretty please go to BWW and post some pics from your wedding!!! I''ve been hoping you would come back and fill us in!
Not to threadjack even more, but thanks Claire!

We are still waiting on our pro pics which will probably be ready while we''re away on our honeymoon (leaving for Turks & Caicos on the 26th!)...but when we get them I''ll start a thread detailing our wedding (which was the best day ever!). Get ready for my PS comeback in a couple of weeks!
9.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:37:39 AM
Author: *peony*
The waffle maker!!
18.gif

We also loved all the cash and checks we recieved and put towards our dream bedroom set and a new mattress.
Mmmm, waffles
5.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 9:44:02 AM
Author: sammyj

Date: 6/17/2010 5:07:17 PM
Author: Clairitek

Not to threadjack even more, but thanks Claire!

We are still waiting on our pro pics which will probably be ready while we''re away on our honeymoon (leaving for Turks & Caicos on the 26th!)...but when we get them I''ll start a thread detailing our wedding (which was the best day ever!). Get ready for my PS comeback in a couple of weeks!
9.gif
Great! Glad to see that you''ll be coming back to share. I was wondering if you could ever come back! Enjoy the HM!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were very young and had a small wedding. Most gifts were from our registry or were cash or gift cards. I don't really have a favourite gift I don't think. The cash was the most useful but other than that we just received the cutlery and plates we use everyday.

Several people, thinking they were being creative and wanted to get us something we'd remember, gave us gifts that they thought we'd want. The best of those is a brandy decanter and set of two glasses. We get a great kick out of those! We always offer that group of people brandy when they come over so I guess that's the best because it makes us laugh.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This is a tough call, and I have really enjoyed hearing about others' favorite gifts. I think we are going to get that egg/toaster instead of the one we originally registered for!

Favorite gift off the registry has been a nestling set of hand-made pottery bowls from my dear aunt. She has been making pottery for fun for several years and I have another piece of hers. But this one was even more special because I was forced to uninvite her to the wedding. She also handmade origami tulips for our center pieces. Several years ago she divorced my mom's youngest brother, and was then basically banned from all family events. I was forced to uninvite her so DH and I spent an afternoon with her before the wedding which was so incredibly special since she is one of my favorite aunts and I only see her every few years.

Favorite gift from the registry is slowly putting together our china set. We only received half of what we wanted but we are going to put some of the cash gifts we received toward completing the set. I never thought I was going to register for china, but I am really excited and get all mushy inside thinking about hosting future family holidays etc with our china.

Thanks for sharing ladies!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I just have to say that we went to BBB to purchase items with our gift cards and we got the egg-toast toaster and really like it! You can even heat up some meat to add to the sandwich! Now you all have me thinking about that step stool!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I really loved how amazingly generous my family and friends were with gifts--we were both delightfully shocked by how much people gave, as almost everyone had to travel considerable distance to come to our US reception party. It was absolutely lovely. After our UK wedding where most of the guests seemed to act more like they were at a funeral than a wedding, it was so wonderful to be around people who were all genuinely happy for us, and who clearly went out of their way to show us that. :love:

The monetary gifts were astounding, but my brothers also gave us a phenomenal present--a big, HD telly! We love it! And we used some of our gift money to buy plane tickets to go home for Christmas. All in all, it was perfect!! :appl:

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
gwendolyn said:
I really loved how amazingly generous my family and friends were with gifts--we were both delightfully shocked by how much people gave, as almost everyone had to travel considerable distance to come to our US reception party. It was absolutely lovely. After our UK wedding where most of the guests seemed to act more like they were at a funeral than a wedding, it was so wonderful to be around people who were all genuinely happy for us, and who clearly went out of their way to show us that. :love:

The monetary gifts were astounding, but my brothers also gave us a phenomenal present--a big, HD telly! We love it! And we used some of our gift money to buy plane tickets to go home for Christmas. All in all, it was perfect!! :appl:

Gwen! That sounds so wonderful and I am so glad that you and J got some very much needed support! Enjoy your telly and especially the Christmas trip!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a tie between the 1 CTW diamond studs that DH gave me (!) and the chicken coop that my parents and sisters built for us in our backyard. I can't wait until our baby chickies get big enough to move into their posh new digs! :love:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate said:
I think it's a tie between the 1 CTW diamond studs that DH gave me (!) and the chicken coop that my parents and sisters built for us in our backyard. I can't wait until our baby chickies get big enough to move into their posh new digs! :love:

How fun to have a chicken coop - and fresh eggs - YUM :sun:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, DH and I did not receive a single gift other than money at the reception. We were incredibly amazed and feel very blessed that everyone was so generous towards us. However, out of the things we purchased with the money, our favorite is definitely our new king sized pillowtop mattress!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I made a deal that any money we received as wedding gifts would go towards fun stuff, and not be used as ordinary spending money. My favorite thing we purchased with our gift money, was Isabelle:

mellow.jpg
DSC01168b.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results