shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your pet name? Not lovey dovey nick but your actual dog or cat or bird, etc names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Neat thread!
1.gif

We have:
2 dogs, a Wire Hair Jack Russel named Destiny (nicknames are "D" and psycho) a Miniature Pincher named Chico (nick names are cheeks and Mr. C)

2 cats, one is about 6lbs and all long grey hair, her official name (that we never use) is Vega, her "name" that she knows is Kitten (yeah I know very original, ha) and then some of her other nicknames are Velcro (because she gets her claws stuck in everything, even right after I cut them) and Grey Goose (like the Vodka because she is a priss).
The other kitty is a long haired tuxedo cat and she is about 12lbs. Her name is Whiskers because she has amazingly long white whiskers. Her nicknames are Whiskey and Whisk.

3 birds (that are currently with my mom).
One Green Cheek conure her/his name is Miikka (pronounced MeeKa) and nickname is meeks.
Another is a peach faced conure named Quirk. This name suits her so well... she was found outside on my friends fence and after posting found signs with no one claiming her, my friend asked if I wanted her. Well the first day I was with her she was going crazy, begging for food, doing weird noises and motions... so quirky... so thats what stuck.
And last is my Cockatiel Pepper. I named him that when I first got him because he had "peppered" feathers like so many Cockatiels do, and in fact he ended up loosing almost all of them (baby feathers).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Demon''s real name is Dino and his little/big brother is Oscar. Not incredibly creative but they seem OK with it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We have a Chocolate Lab named Muddy after Muddy Waters and a Black Lab named Jasper after Jasper Johns.
We call him MudMud or Mudster, and we call her Jazz or Jazzie.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
My dog''s name is Patrick Star, after Sponge Bob''s sidekick. I thought Patrick was a cute name and I like starfish (weird I know). I usually call him "Patty" but I use his full name when he''s in trouble.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My retriever''s name is Amber (like you all didn''t know
3.gif
).
Our new kitten''s name is Manolo and my horses name is Raffles.

My parent''s dogs are called Achilla and Arwen, the cat is called Matilda(Tilly) and our Macaw is called Picasso.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
my hamsters were harriet and peanut
my puppy was snickers (who we called snickerdoodle) (chocolate lab...real creative i know)
and our siamese cats were sushi and saki! (sushi was my favorite. she had a snaggletooth).

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Brooklyn on top, Ava on the right, Shannon on the left :) It''s disugsting how much I love them. Haha.

kitty party.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 7:18:20 PM
Author: cellososweet
Brooklyn on top, Ava on the right, Shannon on the left :) It''s disugsting how much I love them. Haha.
Ohh what cutie pies! I love me some kitties!
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG musey and cello - your babies are SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif

I love everybody''s cute pet names
9.gif

Our three kitties are Amber, an orange tabby, also known as Amber angel, or Amber bear, or pretty girl.

Gretchen, a calico, also known as Princess (because she is the princess - a total diva kitty if ever there was one
20.gif
3.gif
), and as Gretchie or Gretchie-pie (said in properly adoring tone of voice
2.gif
)

And of course, you all know our rescued Ragdoll-like kitty Oliver, who almost never gets called by his name. Mostly its Ollie, Ollie bear, or Little Man.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My cat''s name is Orange because she has a tiny speck of orange right on the tip of her tail. My daughter named her.

My dog''s name is Bambi Blue, because she is a grey blue Chihuahua with doe-like lilac eyes. She is beautiful!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
this thread is fun!
I love seeing everyones pets names!

I have 2 kitties -- boy=Conin (aka... Non-e-loo...SuperDude...Cone-e-loo....non-ah-long....noon-e-loo...joozie doo... jauge..(i can''t spell have his names bec they are all made up words--lol)) , Girl=Deeta (aka..deetie..deeta las vegas...)
and a boy yorkie named Peebles..(AKA...BEEDLES... PEEBOOO...po po... popscicle....bee-Doos.. Topsins .... poppsins.. topsy popsins.. flopsy.. and many more)
here is a pic of Conin--he is my big man
1.gif

i dont know how to post more than one pic---

11296602_475.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
peebles
4.gif

Po_Smart2.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
another Peebles
emrainbow.gif

popopo2.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
ok last one---- Deeta
emcat.gif

deeta12345.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
ok-- last one-- i couldn''t help myself
emotion-18.gif

peeblesrockport.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two Bichons, pics are here somewhere. The male is 16, his name is Casper. It was right around the time the Movie came out, the kids named him. He is my heart. I can''t explain it, but he knows everything. He has a huge vocabulary. I have to spell when I don''t want him to know something. He folllows me everywhere. He has to be right by me all the time. I adore him, and am hoping to have a few more years with him.
12.gif

Callie is the younger bichon, she''s 7. She is the pretty one. Just sits there looking fabulous. She''s not a people person. She really only likes me, or DD. She tolerates Casper. The mornings are sweet, she will lick him, and be nice, but that''s about it. I adore her to pieces, she''s odd, but I love her quirks.

Then there is Khackie, the bird. She is a cockateil, she''s turning 11 I think. OMG, this bird has more personality that any bird I have ever had contact with. She''s the diva of the family, and has the dogs shaking in their boots. She''s a riot.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe just turned 2, and we got her first. She''s the one on the left in the picture. We nicknamed her Zoe Bartlett after our love of our favorite TV show, The West Wing (Zoe was the president''s daughter). Sometimes I call her ZoeBartlett, all slurred together (hence, my name on PS). Most of the time though, my FI and I both call her ZoZo. Sometimes it''s Miss Bartlett. "Good kitty" is what my FI calls her often, too.

Henry will be 2 in Sept. I nicknamed him Henry David Thoreau, but I mostly call him Mr.Thoreau, all slurred together. I call him Houdini and Columbus occasionally, because he is the explorer in our "family" and he gets into everything. He''s crafty, as I imagine Houdini was.

Sorry if the quality of the photos isn''t that great.

2kitties.JPG

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Oh how I love this thread....! I love all the stories, nicknames, pictures -- everything.

Our new cat came with the name Melody. She is black-and-white with "peek-a-boo eyes" -- her eyes are surrounded by black and then she has a white lower face and super-pink nose. We''ve had her for a few weeks; got her shortly after my beloved, dear-heart Mittens passed away. (another one who came with the name!)

Melody is 6 and was at the shelter the longest, almost 6 months. Her owner died and her cat-roomate got adopted. She still hides a LOT under the bed but she''s making progress. So we don''t have any good nicknames for her yet! This thread made me decide she needs a good middle name!!
9.gif

Another cat I had (RIP) was a tortie named Stanzi (after Constanza in the movie "Amadeus") .... her nicknames were Stanzarelli, Stanz, Stinzzles and on and on.

My mom had a black cat named Lucifer from when she was in college until I was almost 10 years old!! Back in the day he wore rhinestone collars and went to the beach on a leash!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have lots of pets!

Our dogs are Killian (5 years) and Tallulah (10 years). Killian Rae and Tallulah Mae, if we''re getting specific. I named Killian right after I got out of college, so beer was apparently still on my mind. And Tallulah is named after the actress Tallulah Bankhead. Deco also has a dog named Tallulah, and we call them similar nicknames, too. Very coincidental.

Our cats are Bootsie (I named her when I was ten, give me a break!), Vince, Manny, and Geddy. Bootsie is 18, and the three boys are all three.

My Mazi (MAH-zee) passed away in March, she was Bootsie''s litter mate. Mazak, her full name, means "troublemaker" in yiddish. And Sebastian passed away two years ago, he was a handsome man, my little tuxedo boy. I miss them so much.

Growing up we had two cats, Duke and Princess. They were wedding gifts to my parents. YUP--surprise wedding gifts. Turned out to be the best gifts ever, I say. We also had the sweetest, kindest dog in the whole world named Joey. He was a collie who was neglected by his previous owner, and all he wanted to do was sit by our side and be loved. Best guy ever. I miss them all.

I also had a series of hamsters named Peter and Roger, after The Who. I just kept replacing them when they passed away, apparently I wasn''t too creative! I had two hamsters during the Clinton years named Hillary and Tipper, and then another little guy named Willie. And some goldfish that I named after my dad''s parents, Ron and Phylis. I don''t think they liked that very much.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
So fun....well my mom started this tradition when she was in college and we''ve stuck with it for as long as I can remember so please keep that in mind haha, but all of our animals are named after characters in the Lords of the Rings trilogy or The Hobbit (yes, we started this before the movies and even before the Hobbit animated movie came out) and they are all either cats or Cocker Spaniels..

so my childhood dogs were named Duggan (Hobbit) and Pippin (LOTR) but they both recently died at the age of 19 (about a month apart). We just got a new dog named Dudley (Hobbit).

We''ve had cats named Bilbo, Frodo, Baggins, Mary, and Strider...ok, now that I have written this all down I feel kind of silly haha.

My DH and I just moved into our own house and when we get a dog we will likely start a new tradition of names since we''re running out of good names from LOTR and the Hobbit.

GREAT THREAD!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 12:28:20 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I have two Bichons, pics are here somewhere. The male is 16, his name is Casper. It was right around the time the Movie came out, the kids named him. He is my heart. I can''t explain it, but he knows everything. He has a huge vocabulary. I have to spell when I don''t want him to know something. He folllows me everywhere. He has to be right by me all the time. I adore him, and am hoping to have a few more years with him.
12.gif

Callie is the younger bichon, she''s 7. She is the pretty one. Just sits there looking fabulous. She''s not a people person. She really only likes me, or DD. She tolerates Casper. The mornings are sweet, she will lick him, and be nice, but that''s about it. I adore her to pieces, she''s odd, but I love her quirks.

Then there is Khackie, the bird. She is a cockateil, she''s turning 11 I think. OMG, this bird has more personality that any bird I have ever had contact with. She''s the diva of the family, and has the dogs shaking in their boots. She''s a riot.

Lisa, isn''t it amazing how one dog can touch your heart? My female Lhasa, Weezer, who passed away in 1998, was my heart dog. I still miss her something terrible. I pray you have a few more years left with Casper.

Linda

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhh I wanna play this game! But it''s going to take awhile
2.gif

Starting out with our "older son" Taka. He literally thinks he''s person and treats all other cats with disdain except for his brother.

taka.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nai, but I call him NaiNai. He''s Taka''s brother and lover of all things.

nainai.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is Loki, but I call him BigBear or BigFoot
2.gif

sleepyloki.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Max. He was the baby of the house until Roxy came along. He''s our Ghost Kitty because he''s painfully shy and rarely seen
4.gif

max.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My princess and absolute apple of my eyes, Roxy! She''s not only the only girl in the house (except me
2.gif
) but she''s special needs so mommy lets her get away with murder
25.gif

roxy.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just for good measure, one more picture of Roxy. Mommy was BAD and dressed her up as a bunny for last year''s Halloween
9.gif

roxy bunny.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for so many pictures, I swear this is the last one!
My birds, Yubi and Luna.

birds.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
blinkydoll, Zoe, and babyblue - your babies are all so ADORABLE
30.gif
30.gif
I just want to snuggle every single one
30.gif
30.gif

Babyblue - every time I see a picture of sweet Roxy, it just warms my heart thinking about how you took her in and took such good care of her and how she is so loved
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Pythons - Portius (was Portia till we found that she was a he) and Milly

Hedgehogs - Sticklebrick and Lego

My parents siamese are Bertie (blue point) and Gus (chocolate point).

The greatest love of my life was a HUGE chocolate point siamese cat called Professor Pye. He was reckoned to be one of the biggest siamese in the UK and he had enormous paws. He had a terrible alcohol problem and would go crazy for anything alcoholic - he''d even eat fruit salad if it had a bit of Cointreau on it!

He had a thing called pendular nystagmus which made his eyes move side to side (like a pendulum) so to see things properly he had to move his head in the opposite direction. As a resulthe was completely useless at hunting. He used to proudly bring home earthworms and caterpillars which was all he could catch.

My youngest sister used to dress him up in dolls clothes and then he would lie on his back in the dolls pram with the covers over him and his front paws over the top and she would wheel him round the garden. He was as good as gold and never bit or scratched anyone.At Christmas he used to wear a big sparkly bow round his neck and pose for photographs.

He died nearly 10 years ago at the age of 16. I still miss him terribly.
15.gif

I told FI that I loved him as much as Professor Pye a few months ago - he was pretty happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results