shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the worst insult you've hurled at your mother?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, if you're a mother of older kids, what's the worst you've had lobbed at you?

Deb's comment on Kenny's thread had me thinking about this. I think I did the typical "I HATE YOU!!!" to my mom once or twice, but I can't ever recall saying anything horridly mean to her. Maybe the worst is I told her she shouldn't have married my father (which I'm sure hurt her).

Did you ever say anything ugly to your mom?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I've ever REALLY verbally insulted her, my transgressions were more insult by behavior/lack of respect.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably exactly what you said, TGal. A few "I hate you's" and one incident when I was 18 when I told her she either needed to stop bitching about my father or divorce him already. I never, ever called her "fat" or any sort of name.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have had some moments that to this day still sting whenever I think of my behavior.

I've never insulted her looks or anything but I have told her that I hated her before which I think a lot of teens do.

I did once tell her that if she were to ever divorce my dad, I would want to live with him and not her.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto. I am sure I told my mom that I hated her as a teenager. She definitely cried a few times. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and didn't understand why she cried. Now that I have a DD I completely understand and feel awful for my behavior and I am certain that it will break my heart the first time DD tells me she hates me.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
I hurled my mother into a microwave, does that count? We were arguing about her use of narcotics (and her role as a mother). She began yelling at me the day before my birthday about how I am being selfish and thinking of no one but myself...I retorted that she's doing the exact same things with the drugs and that she was never a mother to me, grow up, get over yourself, my childhood has been unhappy memories, secrets, lies and I don't deserve the emotional abuse, and F off (with a few additional profanities). She pushed me backwards and I retaliated a little harder and stormed out. There's a whole lot more to it, but yeah. Following the argument I realized she definitely ill in the head and will never take responsibility for her own behavior, so I moved out. That was two years ago and we barely speak.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother had a stress & sleep-deprivation-induced psychotic break during which she did a lot of crazy things & believed a lot of crazy things. The worst thing I've ever said to her is "I don't believe you because you are CRAZY!". And she was. It was accurate. But ultimately unhelpful. She still won't admit exactly what happened to her & to all of us during that time. (I was 25, not a child, when it happened.) But she is still upset about us not *believing* her -- or thinking that she would *lie* to us.

Its a shame she still doesn't understand the extent of her mental breakdown. The same "willful blindness" is making it impossible for the adult siblings in our family to help my similarly afflicted adult brother who lives at home with my parents.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't think of any I hurled at my mother, who had a nasty, violent temper and was best left unprovoked, but I left my father speechless (a rare thing) with this one:

My father - when I was your age, I had respect for my father
Me - ah yes, I have respect for your father too...

I was about 15, I think. He had no answer (and it was true). :bigsmile:

Jen

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W said:
I can't think of any I hurled at my mother, who had a nasty, violent temper and was best left unprovoked, but I left my father speechless (a rare thing) with this one:

My father - when I was your age, I had respect for my father
Me - ah yes, I have respect for your father too...

I was about 15, I think. He had no answer (and it was true). :bigsmile:

Jen

:lol:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
If I'm being honest, my mother would have literally slapped me across the face if I really disrespected her. That being said, we had a huge argument when I was a teen in which she told me I needed therapy and I replied by telling her that if I needed therapy, it was only because of her.

I don't think that was the most hurtful I'd ever been, though, it was just a heated argument. The worst was one Christmas when my parents bought me a used clarinet (we didn't have much money and it was a very thoughtful gift). I was a brat about it and told them I wanted a new clarinet. Ugggh, my face turns red just thinking about what a selfish jerk I was for saying that when they had done something so nice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not really an insult hurler, but heat of the moment...definitely 'I hate you' when a teenager a time or two.

Other than that... telling her like it is (aka when she is being immature, silly, or if a pair of pants make her look fat) which I don't consider insults because they are facts.

Funny thing is that the above examples.. might be considered insulting to some but my family doesn't think so at all and we are all incredibly frank with each other which is prob why I am the way I am in general. Good or bad who knows. :rolleyes:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just the typical "I hate yous" from what I can recall. My mom is super nice so I never really had a reason to be mean to her. (Not that kids should be mean to their moms, but you know what I'm trying to say!) I was meaner to my dad for sure.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I told my mom I didn't care about her and that if I never saw her again, I'd be better off, bla bla bla.

For the record I was 19 and didn't know what the eff I was talking about. My mother is an amazing person and we have a great relationship now. And I profusely apologized for my hurtful words once I grew up and realized what I twit I'd been.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Katey....wow. Sorry you had to go through all that.

I wrote "I hate you" to my parents in my diary once, but never said it to them. I didn't mean it, of course, I was just 'being a teenager', .... but they found my diary where I had left it out once day, and read what I wrote (... :oops: :angryfire: :( )) and I had to explain why I did it, etc etc, almost other things.... Long story, but yeah... :sick:

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Reminding her that if I'm 44, then she's 64... Anything more serious than that and she might make my head go a'spinning.

Of course every once and awhile she'll try to use guilt as a motivator for a visit, then I have to say "Okay Grammy" which is her mom's nickname or "Okay Nanny" which was her grandmother's nickname and "the guilt" stops cold.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've told my mom that I hated her when I was in high school. We didn't get along very well during my teens.

When I was about 10 or so, I used to write notes to my parents and put them on the outside of my bedroom door. I called them "meanies" and I said that I was moving out. I couldn't swear so that was the best insult I could give. Yep, I was packing up and hauling my stuff...where?? :rolleyes:

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I've ever said "I hate you" to my mom. I've probably thought about it directed towards my dad a few times.
I know I upset her when I made some comment about how her dishes that she got from kmart were cheap and possibly ugly?
One time when she wouldn't drive me to see a band so I didn't hug her for I believe 3 days and I didn't say I love you to her during that time either. That was kind of a big deal since we hugged and said I love you a ton, so that's kind of the worse...I was a very mellow and not scary teenager.
Although I do remember asking her when I was really young, like maybe 4, if she was sure my dad was my dad. Of course I didn't know how it could be someone else, but I think she thought it was funny.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I told her that I may always love her but sometimes I don't like her very much. She was devestated.

I'm the frank member of my family, and my parents and sister can't stand it, they think I'm rude.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure I hurled an "I hate you" at her during my angst-ridden teen years! And like Mara, my sister and I have always been very frank about things like, "your hair doesn't look right", "those pants are ugly", "you need to pluck your eyebrows", etc. Those things were never taken as insults and we all still do that with each other. My sister was way worse than I was though. She would try to physically hurt my mother with a push or a hit on the arm in addition to saying mean things. Terrible. The funny thing is that my sister and I have considered our mother to be our best friend ever since we became more mature adults.

Now that I'm a mother, I think about this stuff and it really makes me feel horrible that my sister and I went through those bratty years and took it all out on our mother. A few weeks ago, I was hanging out with my mom and I told her how sorry I was that we put her through all of that. She told me she doesn't even remember any of it. I cried. To me, that defined exactly what a mother is and should be. I'm prepared for my daughters to unleash their anger and stress on me when they get older but I truly hope I can be like my mother and realize that they still love me and not hold a grudge.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I never said anything hateful.

I did, however, as an innocent child of 8, once say to my mom: "Wow, Mom, today is the first day that I can remember that you didn't yell at us." :shock: she used to get angry and yell a lot. but that was when she first separated from my dad and I can imagine things were tough, especially with my teenage brother.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No huge insults, just the I hate you's..

My brother ( and will never forget this ) told her if she shaved her head, there would be (3) 6's 666, the sign of the devil!!! :devil:

I forget what the fight was about, he was a teenager, like 15 16?? I was little and had to ask him what the sign of the devil was!!!! :read:

My kids are 22 and 20 and luckily I haven't gotten any insults that I can think of. Not one I hate you... Thank god.

But who knows one may come at me now!! :cheeky:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure I did the I hate you's. I don't remember it tho. I do remember being mad at her one morning and she was mad at me and she went to give me a kiss good bye before she went to work while I was waiting for the bus and I turned away. She was pissed and sad, and she peeled out in the gravel when she left. I glared at her car the whole time and remember that I had that icky feeling you get in your stomach/chest b/c I felt like she didn't love me. I either wished for her to die or to get into an accident-I don't remember, but she did end up in an accident that day and it was a really bad one. I never wished anything like that again.

When my brother was graduating from Navy Boot Camp in Illinois several years ago, JD and I couldn't afford to go. My parents could, but refused b/c dad didn't want to take time off work and he said "My parents didn't come to my Marine graduation, and I survived. They're all the same anyway, he'll get over it". Whatever, I expect that stuff from Grampa and Gramma-penny pinchers like I've never seen in my life, and very undemonstrative. But I expected more from my own parents. I kept asking mom about it and she said she would do what dad said. I got mad and said I hoped my brother didn't expect them to show up when he gets married b/c they were already at MY wedding, and it would be a waste of time since they're all the same. And I hoped he didn't expect them to show up when he has kids b/c they'd already seen our baby, so who cares since all babies look the same, and for that matter I'd be damned if I'd bother letting them know when our next baby was born since they'd already seen our first. Wouldn't want to put dad out or anything, you know, expect him to show some love and support to his kid who just fulfilled a dream he'd had for a long time and I just kept on with it until she threw her hands up in the air and said she was sick of it and went to the door-she looked back at me and I walked away. We didn't talk for month. But they both went to his graduation.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember one....

I called my Mom to pick me up from Choir practice, it was after school, no buses etc. I said can you pick me up?? She said no, get someone else to bring you home. I said but Mom, all the kids have left and who is here, lives in the other direction it would be wayyy out of there way to bring me home..

She said I am not picking you up and hung up. I had used the only quarter I had to make the call ( remember pay phones??). I couldn't call anyone else.

It started to pour. I mean buckets. I walked 5 miles to my BFF's house. Her mother opened up the door and got me inside and was livid my Mom did that to me.. :nono:

Bff's Mom drove me home..

I got inside and went to my room, slammed the door. My dad said what is going on?? Clueless as usual.

I said YOUR wife was too busy reading Town and Country magazine and wouldn't pick me up. Maids day off, so I walked home!!! :angryfire:

It wasn't hurled at her, but she sure heard it!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
She came to my room to apologize after we had a huge fight (which we did very frequently when I was a teenager), it was long past both of our "bed times" but she still came into my room to talk to me. However, when she sat on the side of my bed I turned away from her so she was forced to talk to my back. When she tried to get me to look at her I pulled away. When she said "I'm sorry and you know I love you" my response was something along the lines of "no, you don't love me and I'd be willing to bet I was nothing but a mistake and you never wanted me to begin with". My poor mom was coming to tell me she was sorry, she couldn't sleep because she was so upset about our earlier exchange and I was absolutely rotten to her.

My mother and father tried for 5 years to get pregnant with me. My mother endured 3 days of painful horrible labor just so I could be here. I KNEW these things but I still told her I believed I wasn't wanted. I am sure I broke her heart with that comment. Even now, I feel terrible for saying something so mean rather than accepting her apology and the courage it took for her to approach me.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I've never said anything hurtful or insulting to my mother. Ever.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember the words I said, I've probably blocked them from my memory. All I know is that my mom was a single mother doing the best she could to raise 3 daughters without help from my father. And I made a comment to insult her that I know at the time I said it was probably the lowest blow I could have dealt. All I recall is that she was shocked, cried, and didn't talk to me for a long time.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a young kid... probably around four years old... my mom was having a particularly rough day. There's a 22 month age difference between my sis & I, and we were quite the handful; constantly fighting and bickering and beating up on one another. My mom (rightfully) scolded me a number of times on this day, as I kept acting out, and after the fifth or so scolding I turned to her and shouted, "You don't love me!" She immediately started bawling :(( I'm sure it was a mix of the insult + typical mommy-stress. I can't believe such a hurtful thing came out of my little-kid mouth :oops:

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I said "I hate you" a few times during my teenage years but don't recall saying anything else really mean.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
F-bomb, F-bomb, I used the F-bomb...

Sung a la Tom Jones "sex Bomb" in my mind.

I was terrible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results