shape
carat
color
clarity

WHAT is going on with my family?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
In the past few weeks:

1) Mom was diagnosed with a rare tumor in her chest, surgery on Monday, we're hoping it's benign. There are lesions in her lungs as well but the surgeon said they may well be nothing. Regardless, they have to crack open her chest to remove it, which means she'll be immobile for a few weeks.

2) Youngest brother broke his ankle playing soccer

3) Middle brother ripped his leg out of the socket (holy CRIKEY!
14.gif
) playing soccer

4) Step-sis, 20 and in college, (dad's new wife's daughter) got knocked up by mistake by her lame loser boyfriend, but decided not to keep it

5) Grandma was diagnosed with advanced stage rectal cancer, after a really horrible incident. You don't want to know.

6) Oh yeah, and I'm pregnant too, with some indicators it might not stick.

Well, hey, at least with all this stress, we're not in the middle of a long distance move! Oh, cr@p. Wait a minute, DH and I ARE in the middle of a long distance move.

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Then in the midst of that, everyone but one brother forgot my poor step-dad's birthday. I feel SO TERRIBLE! It was the same day as my ultrasound and I was so nervous I just forgot.

My family is broken! Everybody is breaking! AAAARGH!

At least we're all keeping a sense of humor and supporting and looking after each other. My oldest brother is looking after Grandma (step-dad's mom, not the one that I'm really close to), I'm flying across the world to look after mom after her surgery, and everyone is calling each other and offering comfort and silly jokes.

Holy crikey. What a run of luck. All I can say is that this baby of mine better stick around, because my parents are looking to impending grandparenthood to keep their spirits up. Go Cub Go! Go Cub Go!

17.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Independent Gal, I am so sorry to hear about all the things your family is going through. "When it rains, it pours" is an understatement in this case.

Congratulations on being pregnant, and I wish you the best with the "sticking."

I'm sure your step-dad understands about his birthday. I know I would.

It's good that you guys all have each other and your senses of humor. Going through all these things together is so much better than doing it alone.

Keep us updated, ok? And take care of yourself. Let your husband worry about the moving stuff and just be good to yourself and your family.

We're all pulling for you and yours!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, IG, your family really takes the cake when it comes to a string of bad news! I hope you''re holding up as well as possible. I''m glad your family is able to stick together through this, and I''ll be keeping all of you in my prayers.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I am sorry to hear all your bad news! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. That sure is a lot to deal with all at once - stay strong!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow, two rounds of bad luck that comes in threes.... i''m sorry IG
7.gif
. it does sound like your whole family has a good support system within each other, and you''ll undoubtedly come out stronger for it all!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. It is just so weird not to know who to focus on first, y''know? I feel like I should be going to visit my middle brother so I can help look after him till he can walk again. Or Grandma to relieve my older brother of duty. Or mom. Or ... ACK! And then DH says "Shouldn''t you try to take care of yourself and the Cub (aka, the pregnancy)?" But I really don''t feel sick or anything.

Ah well. Hopefully this will be our family''s quota of trouble for a while, and then it will be smooth sailing. I just really, REALLY hope I don''t miscarry while I''m looking after mom. I think I would have to try to not tell her until she was feeling a little better, y''know?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy, I''m sorry to hear about everything your family is going through! I hope that everyone gets better quickly and you get good news regarding your Mom. Congratulations on your little Cub and I surely hope that he sticks around for about 9 months or so before he visits you in person!!! Please try everything you can to lower the stress levels, although it sounds nearly impossible in your situation.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, I am so sorry you are dealing with this barrage of stuff. I really hope all is well. Your mom, you, your grandmother are the ones in need of the most TLC. Your bros will be just fine, and your step sis will too, though she definitely faced a big decision, hopefully for the best. I hope your little cub is sticking it out and that your mom''s surgery goes well. Also, sorry about your grandmom, and hope she is not in pain or suffering. Keep us informed, okay?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Sheesh, when it rains it pours
7.gif

Sending lots of good vibes your way. Lumps are scary, but most are benign. I''m praying for good results for both your Mom and Grandmother.

Hang in there IG. You three ladies need the most fairy dust right now....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy, I will sending strong prayers your way for you and your family! Hugs dear friend for you and your family! I am cheering your cub on; go cub go!!! Giant hugs!!!!!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
(((HUGS)))
I''m sorry to hear you''re going through so much! I''m sending healing thoughts to you and your family, especially to you and the "Cub"
5.gif

Date: 7/6/2008 8:31:04 AM
Author:Independent Gal
At least we''re all keeping a sense of humor and supporting and looking after each other. My oldest brother is looking after Grandma (step-dad''s mom, not the one that I''m really close to), I''m flying across the world to look after mom after her surgery, and everyone is calling each other and offering comfort and silly jokes.
Despite all of that, I think this is the most important thing and you''re SO lucky to have a family like yours.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
YIKES! Indy that''s a lot for anyone to go through...
Thank goodness you all have each other and of course, your sense of humor!!
keep us posted on how you''re doing and how your family is too.

HUGS!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, I am so sorry. Ever heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours" - There''s a lot of truth to it, I think. We''ve had a similar two years so I can understand how overwhelming it is. It WILL get better! You will be in my thoughts.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Indy, I am so sorry to hear. That is more than any family should have to go through. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. I''m glad to hear your family is sticking together and supporting each other. Lots of sticky dust to you too! I''m rooting for you cub! *hugs*

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re having to deal with all this at once. I hope everyone heals quickly and your cub stays happy & healthy for the full 9 mos. I''m sending lots of sticky vibes your way and I''m keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
::hugs:: I hope everything starts getting better! I hate how everything seems to go wrong all at once
emsad.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there, Indy... the good news is, you've all got nowhere to go but up, at this point!! Keeping your sense of humor is definitely the best thing you can do, in my humble opinion... and how great that everyone seems to be on the same page as far as lending comfort and support. Keep us posted on everything! In the meantime, lots of good vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA -- Right before I met DH about 6 years ago, I had a whole string of bad things happen. I had just moved to a new city to start a new grad program, and within a month, my computer crashed (I lost years worth of journals and writing
39.gif
), I came down with pneumonia, broke my back (from coughing, due to the pneumonia), and my grandmother got sick suddenly and passed away
7.gif
, amongst other things. I came home one night and my new pet goldfish was floating on top of his bowl, and I honestly just started to laugh... it had crossed over into the absurd. I finally determined my bad things didn't happen in 3's, they happened in SETS of 3's.
20.gif
But sounds like you've got 2 complete sets now... so no worries!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am so grateful for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

Mom goes in to surgery tomorrow morning. I think they can tell pretty quickly what the situation is, so I''ll let you know.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness that is awful. I am so sorry. I am sending prayers and luck your way. With all this stress please take wonderful care of yourself. You and your dear cub are so worth it. Never be afraid to ask for help. Take rest breaks whether you think you need them or not. May things look up very shortly.

female half 2Artists

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yikes! i''m sending lots of good vibes your way - hopefully enough to cover everything!
2.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
7.gif

When it rains it pours.
you''ll be in our thoughts, pls keep us updated

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hey IG, I really hope you can get through this with as much love and warmth as possible around you.
Just take it one day at a time, and draw strength from little things, like the sunshine and a smile from a stranger.
28.gif

All the best to you and yours, I hope you slowly find that everything''s on the up.
*hugs*
ps don''t lift heavy things
*hugs*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy,
Oh my what a heavy plate you have. Take good care of yourself, and your cub. I agree, in that you have to take one day at a time, and don''t be afraid to ask for help. I hope all will settle down soon, and that everyone is healthy. HUGS, sending big prayers your way, and to your family as well. Hang in there!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry you've got all of this to deal with right now. It sounds like your family is wonderful and supportive and loving with each other, and that makes a huge difference I'm sure.

Fingers crossed for your mom's surgery tomorrow - I really hope its benign and that the recovery is as quick and painless as possible. And good prayers and wishes going out for you in this time of stress, and for the Cub as well.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Indy, I did not see this until now. Hugs and prayers going out to you and your family. I hope you have a safe trip to see her and am praying that it''s a benign lesion. I''m so sorry this is happening to you
7.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re going through this! I definitely will be praying for your family''s health and for your "Cub" to hang on tight. I wish your mother well on her surgery. *hugs*!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
IG for some reason I didn''t want to post on the other thread you''ve got going, but I just wanted to say what wonderful advice you''ve gotten there, and how your friend''s parents will appreciate your thoughtfulness, particularly in the midst of your own family''s trials at the moment.
What a lovely girl you must be! Your friends'' parents will appreciate your reaching out to them.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
IG, I''m so sorry to hear about your family, please keep us updated on your mom. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that the cub sticks. I know you''re prepared for the worst.

The fact that all of this has happened literally right after your wedding probably makes it feel like even more of a roller coaster ride. At this point I just wish you some sanity!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am marshalling all of my super-magical-voodoo powers to ensure that the universe gives your mom a great outcome. Although I feel bad for painting the little X''s on the frogs'' backs and keeping them in that sack for an hour, it is totally worth it to ensure that your mom''s surgery goes well!

Wishing you and your family all the best!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG:

Oh My!!! I am so sorry to hear of all that is happening to your family and I hope Little Cub does stick around as you say.

I am sending a plane load of Fairy Dust your way. I will pray for you and your family. What a plateful you are dealing with right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results