shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th April till 13th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week WWTers!

Funny how things can change once you are on this journey....As I mentioned, I have been feeling a bit below par, for the last 2 or 3 days, I have been aching all over, painful backache, tired, nervy and just not feeling my best. Also because of this, I hadn''t worked out since the middle of the week, I just didn''t feel up to it. But yesterday, I forced myself back onto the treddy, and amazingly once I got going, the aches and pains started to ease, and now I feel much better both physically and mentally.

It just goes to show, provided you aren''t injured or at risk of injury, that sometimes just making yourself get out there and exercise, even if just for a few minutes at a moderate pace, can really turn things around. I have not known a time when working out hasn''t made me feel better in some way, so I think it is always worth trying to get back out there and do something! Or even with the better weather coming, get outside and take advantage of some sun while you work out ( if you don''t live in the UK that is
14.gif
) This week is going to be tough for me as some of you know, so I am planning ahead, to try to aim for 20 to 30 mins cardio for 5 days, then if I feel up to it, to throw in some weights. This should be enough to keep me ticking over until I get this week out of the way, and I will be doing something positive for myself which will hopefully keep my mind occupied too. Before when things got tough, I would crawl away and hide, and working out would be the last thing on my mind, but I am going to try my best to keep going. I have proved time and time again, that getting out there and working out has always been a good decision, rather than not, so it is good to keep this in mind as a motivational tool, it helps me anyway!

Have a great week
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to add, more PANTSY weather is due, it has been snowing in the UK, it hasn''t hit here yet, but it is getting a wee bit chilly!
32.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good new week all! I am still in Atlanta visiting family. I have been lurking, but haven''t had much time to post. I have been eating pretty well and trying to make good choices when going out. I haven''t been working out as much, but have done a few cardio sessions. Things are just crazy trying to see everyone while we''re here. Yesterday I went with my mom to look at new settings for my ring and I got one! It is a beautiful Ritani 3 stone! Woohoo! I will have to post a pic in the SMTR thread when I get back. Anyway, that is all the news from me. Have a great week everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. I hope everyone has a great Monday.
Lorelei, I can so identify with you on craving some exercise. If I have a really lazy day and don’t do much of anything I just feel so out of sorts, tired and restless. But if I get up and go for a walk or walk on the tread mill of just clean out a closet I feel so much better. We are having pantsy weather too. The foreseeable forecast calls for rain and snow every day. Aw, springtime in the Rockies – wet and cold.
Steph, I am glad to hear you are having fun on your visit to Atlanta and I am anxious to see your new setting. I just saw your ring last night looking through the Eye Candy thread. It is very pretty.
Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally agree with you Lorelei-I normally feel so much better after exercising too-especially if I''m not feeling the best. We had a bit of snow this morning also-my poor black car was white this morning.
Nothing to really write about-I''m going to aerobics this evening and other than that it''s study, study, study.

Skippy-I love your new bike! It''s so cute. Glad you had a great weekend! Yep it''s a busy wedding planning week. The choir were amazing so we have them booked. Meeting photographer on Thursday and think I have the car sorted. We''re getting a vintage Rolls Royce I think.

Marcy-women definitely would have gotten each others life history if they were out on the golf course! I don''t know how men don''t gossip. Glad the lasagna was good. Our wedding isn''t until June of next year but everything gets booked up so quick over here so you have to jump fast to book things.

Rod-sorry to hear about all that rain! Your dinner sounds tasty-I love fresh Salmon
18.gif

Talk to you all later
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends!!!!
35.gif
Today is allergy shots and sewing day. hehe I need to cut out my material before I get to class. I am sore from my bike ride on my new bike whoo hooo; we went further than we have gone in the pasts. I super excited to try and go even further this weekend!!!!
1.gif

I just have a bunch of errands to run so everyone have a wonderful day!! Happy Monday all!

Lorelei, yay for getting back to the treddy! Sorry about your back; I hope it feels better soon. Great opening and hope the sunshine comes out for you soon!
emhot.gif

Steph, yay for making good choices, kudos!!! Steph, I have a 3 stone setting and love it; you will be sooo happy w/yours. I can't wait to see your pictures!!!
3.gif
When do you get home??? Hurry so we can see that new beautiful setting!!
2.gif
3.gif

Marcy, glad you liked my pics! Thanks for the astronomy tip too! How is the knee? Have a great day!

Bee, thanks!! I feel like a child at xmas w/the new bike. hehe Yay for the choir; I want to go to your wedding, it sounds like it is going to be soooo beautiful and you are going to be in fantastic shape!!! whooo hooo! Awesome to the vintage RR!
3.gif

Rod, I posted something to you in yesterdays thread. Hope you have a super duper yummy sushi night!

Mara, are you using your new bike??

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Lorelei, isn''t it amazing how much better you feel when you exercise. I know that is typically the case for me. So sorry about the nasty weather and aching body. Take care of yourself.

We went to a ghost tow and on a short hike yesterday, about 2 miles. Then went and had a drink at the bar and headed out for dinner. I got a terrible headache on the way, ended up having to leave the restaurant after our salad and wound up vomiting. I drank a lot of water, but apperantly not enough as it was a combination migraine/deydration thing. I didn''t eat much yesterday, and there is nothing left in my stomach, but I am scared to eat today, but I''m quesy and need to get something in my stomach. My plan was to hang out by the pool but I''m not so sure being in the sun is a good idea so I have no idea what we''re up to.

I am having a run of bad luck with not feeling well.

On Sunday night we had a wonderful dinner at Wright''s. I''m really disappointed we didn''t eat last night, Sassi is one of the most amazing restaurants I''ve been to.

Have a great day all.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I discovered a new exercise yesterday....car washing. When the mit was full of soapy water it was so heavy, I kept having to switch arms. DH and I went on our neighborhood walk, but only for 30 minutes b/c we got a late start and didnt want dinner to be too late.

I had a meeting run late this AM, so I missed TBT, but I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'm going to try do to the walk/job combo when I get home this afternoon.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! we have been having loveley weather here for the past few days - 60s and sunny - so i''ve been spending lots of time outside and not much with the computer. i did get in lots of exercise this weekend, a 2 hour dance class on saturday and a 5 mile walk yesterday. i''m pretty tired today and planning to just relax and rest my legs.

lorelei, hope you feel better soon.

marcy, thanks so much for thinking of me on saturday! dance class was great.

kimberly, sorry you are sick on vacation, that is the worst.

hello to everyone else!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Didn''t get to go to aerobics today-it''s my dad''s birthday and we were all meant to go out for dinner late this evening but he wanted to go earlier instead so I had to skip aerobics-boohoo. I was actually in the mood for it also. I just took Amber for a walk up the mountains this evening instead. It was so beautiful and I visited Raffles, my retired pony. He''s such a sweetheart to Amber-she always jumps up on him and licks him and although I''m still not sure if he knows exactly what this white bit of fluff is, but he tolerates her. After feeding him a big bag full of carrots (his fave treat), groomed him from head to toe and then the git rolled
11.gif

Skippy-your welcome to come if you get over here to Ireland! Hopefully I''ll be in great shape for it! Glad you''re still enjoying your bike!

Hi to everyone else
35.gif
I''m heading to bed-all that fresh air this evening has made me so tired.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here. I am trying to make some changes in my life...namely 75 lbs. of changes
emembarrassed.gif

I have started to eat right (smaller portions, three meals a day with 100 calorie snack choices). I also joined the gym at my office which means it will be much easier for me to fit in 60 min workouts 5 times a week.

I am hoping that being more active will help me to shed the extra weight I''ve packed on. Since I am starting to think I''ll be getting engaged by the end of the year, I want to look good for my pictures and have a body I am more comfortable with for the dress fittings and the honeymoon
emwink.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi gals (and guy)...kimi so sorry you are feeling under the weather, that is no fun. lorelei, ick on the pantsy weather, what is up with that!

i've been remiss in posting on WWT due to an out of town visitor and cupcake busy-ness...but i have been sticking to my schedule for the most part. not a whole lot exciting to report!

skip did i get a new bike? i think i missed that part!

did zumba on thurs and then spent fri, sat and sun driving around and walking a ton...also ate a lot but i figure it all evens out!

today i have pilates and then my cake class, final...i made my cake last nite and it looks fab thus far. yay!!

breakkie was my typical egg whites, center cut bacon, 1/2 english muffin. lunch was 1/2 a WF marinated chicken breast and cucumber tomato greek salad. snacks were umm 1/4's of a few cupcakes...hehee. i'll just do a string cheese and 1/2 wheat mini bagel for snack later after pilates on way to cake class then have dinner later when i get home, the other 1/2 of my chicken breast and some veggies.

welcome, keepingthefaith.

have a great day all!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did a two-a-day and went to for a 30 min walk/jog combo in the neighborhood this evening. I was also on the schedule as the UPS guy b/c I saw him on every block...we got a good laugh.

Keeping the Faith, Welcome. Congrats on making the decision to participate in healthier choices. Keep in mind that miracles don''t happen overnight, you have to work at them. Just ask Marcy, she''s got the pics to prove it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Just checking in with some updates ... sorry I''ve been MIA!

I have been terribly sick but am now feeling MUCH better! It''s incredible how much we take our health for granted sometimes. You don''t know how good it is to be healthy until you get sick and have to deal with how horrible that is! Given that I was ill, I stayed away from the gym, however, now that I am feeling back to normal, I am heading to the gym tomorrow!

Also, my boyfriend proposed last weekend so I''ve been a bit of a tailspin dealing with all of the excitement and have been enjoying being engaged
36.gif
... All the while though, I''ve been thinking ... got to get back on track, got to get back on track ... No time like the present, so no more talking ... I''m doing and going to get back into the routine that I worked to establish pre-respiratory infection & engagement.
2.gif

Additonally, I decided to join Weight Watchers to help bolster me and get me on the right track food wise. I caved and admitted to myself that no amount of working out will be much good unless I support that action with a proper diet.

All in all, I''m happy and looking forward to working towards my goals and appreciating my health!

Thanks for being a great support system and encouragement ... although I haven''t updated the thread, I''ve been checking in and am happy for all of you and your successess!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

On the money as usual Lorelei! There are many times I don't want to drag myself to the gym, but once I get going, I realize how good exercise makes me feel and I'm so glad I did. Sorry about the Pantsy weather and hope you avoid the snow. Isn't it about time for spring where you are??

Skippy, I saw your post in last week's thread. You're so sweet!! I'd love to have coffee with you and see the VLA!! I hope you had a great day and your allergy shot wasn't painful.

Hey Steph, congrats on the Ritani setting!!

Oh my snow in April bee*?? Isn't it spring in Ireland yet??

You poor thing Kimberly. You sure have had a bad run of luck healthwise this year. I'm so sorry you got dehydrated and a migraine to boot. I hope you felt better and managed to get some sustenance in you.

Car washing can certainly be a very good exercise Apple!!

Hey SB, glad the weather's allowed you to be outside lately and that you've been getting lot's of exercise in too!

Welcome Keepingthefaith! I hope the changes you want to make go much further than just your engagement pictures, wedding and honeymoon.

More cupcakes eh Mara??!! Soon, you'll be telling us you've opened your own Cupcake Corner by Mara!!

Congratulations on becoming engaged Sparkalicious!! Sorry you haven't been well, but hope you're feeling better now.

We had a nice day. It was very foggy when we got up this morning, which is somewhat unfortunate since our condo was being shown and the fog certainly got in the way of the fabulous view we have. Anyway, we went to Sbucks and split a scone and wound up running into some people we hadn't seen in a while and the morning just slipped away (enjoyably). The showing evidently went well as the people supposedly spent over an hour here and we were told they liked everything they saw. We haven't heard anything further though. We had lunch at home, then we finally got to the gym around 2:30. Since we took yesterday off, I was just energized and had a very powerful workout. I worked out for almost 3 hours and I'm glad to say that I am sore. Then we went for our Monday night Sushi, FroYo and coffee under the oak. The afternoon and evening couldn't have been nicer. The rains and humidity are gone and normal April weather has returned to our side of the world.

That's about all I've got for the day. I hope you all had a nice beginning to your week.

CYA tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day. We are going to our corporate office for meetings tomorrow. I’ve been trying on clothes to see what makes me look the skinniest. Many people there know how much weight I’ve lost but haven’t seen me yet or have only seen my pictures. Of course I did finally tell Marty it doesn’t matter what I wear I am going to be a whole lot smaller than the last time they saw me.
9.gif
We have to get on the road at 6:30 a.m.
14.gif
Rats for getting up early.
We had about 3 inches of very wet snow today. I hope the roads aren’t icy in the morning.
Bee, your wedding plans sounds great. How cool to be using a Rolls Royce. That is riding in style! I so agree that women would visit. It always amazes my husband the conversations women will start up in a store.
Skippy, how wonderful to go on a long bike ride. You’ll have a blast this weekend. I hope you got your sewing project cut out and ready for class tonight. My knees have good days and bad days but the right knee hasn’t been real painful like it was for awhile. I’ve been walking on the treadmill 26 minutes now 3 times a week.
Kimi, sorry to hear you got so sick. You have had a streak of illnesses lately. I hope you feel better soon.
Appletini, washing cars is a good workout. My poor car is in need of a bath but it’s not warm enough here to do it myself. You are so right that miracles don’t happen over night but they sure can happen with time and hard work.
Shortblonde, that is terrific you are having great weather – it’s completely understandable to want to be outside instead of indoors. Yay for a 5 mile walk.
Welcome Keepingthefaith. I think you are off to a great start eating right and joining the gym at work. Good luck.
Hi Mara. You are certainly becoming the cupcake guru.
Sparkalicious – many congratulations to you for your engagement and joining WW. It’s a great program and it sounds like you are very motivated right now. I hope you feel better soon.
Rod, that is wonderful your condo is getting shown so often. I am sure the great view from there is a great selling point.
Well, I’m going to get ready for bed since I have to get up bright and early.
36.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWtr''s. We''ve had lots of nice, warmer weather these past few days and DH and I spent the majority of our time outside over the weekend working in the yard and doing spring cleanup projects. We took some nice long 2 and 3 mile walks Saturday and Sunday, and today it was a little cooler but still sunny so I stayed inside and did some spring cleaning. I took a "break" to do an ab workout from exerciseTV this afternoon, and later did my arms/legs weight routine...I''ve had a productive few days!

Lorelei, glad you''re feeling better after working out. It''s so true that as long as you''re not truly injured, just being active and working out can do wonders to make the body and mind feel much better. I woke up kind of stiff and sore Sunday morning but after working in the yard a bit and then taking a long walk, I felt much more limber and less sore, it always amazes me how the body bounces back. I hope spring comes your way soon...boo to pantsy weather!

Steph, hope you''re enjoying ATL and your family, congrats on the new Ritani setting, can''t wait to see it!

Marcy, hi! Hope your pantsy weather turns into warm and dry weather soon as well.

Bee, the vintage Rolls sounds so cool! Sorry you had to skip aerobics today, but you had a great reason not to go. I enjoyed reading about Amber and Raffles, and the carrots (I remember feeding my horse Cricket carrots when I was a kid, that was a treat for me and for her!)

Skippy, what are you sewing now? Yay for a new bike...we need to pull ours out of the shed and get them ready to ride again! We have awesome bike trails around here, some of which aren''t too challenging but still make for good exercise.

Kimi, oh, sorry to hear about your headache/dehydration, I hope you''re feeling better now.

Appletini, car washing (self wash) is an awesome exercise, ha! I never get to do that where we live...everything is full service or automatic. Well, it could be self service but it''s just easier to go through the auto lane, hee hee. Good for you for finding a new workout!!!

Shortblonde, glad your weather is nice and you''ve been taking advantage of the fresh air. yay for the dance class and 5 mile walk, whoo hoo!

Keepingthefaith21, aka KTF21 (hope it''s ok if I shorten your screenname), welcome to the WWT! Good for you for joining your office gym and starting your fitness/health journey. This is a great sounding board to have, we are always full of ideas and support when you need motivation.

Mara, good to see you again! You certainly are the cupcake guru, that is such a fun hobby. I love reading the cupcake thread, but jeez, if I stare too long my tummy starts growling for cupcakes, hee hee. I have a couple baby showers coming up in the next month or two and I hope they have cupcakes there so I don''t have to resort to making my own!

Sparkalicious, glad you''re feeling better! Congrats again on your engagement...yes, it gets to be a whirlwind of excitement, doesn''t it?! You''ll get back on track soon, not to worry.

Rod, I have been checking out the Tampa area, there are lots of jobs down there! I would LOVE to live in FL but DH is really a Chicago boy through and through...unless something too fab to pass up came his way as well I don''t think he''ll move there with me. Who knows...I''ll keep sending his resume (LOL!).
9.gif
He is currently very optimistic about the last interview he had and is waiting for the interviewer to return from his vacation and contact him re. the position. We''re keeping our fingers crossed. Also, keeping our fingers crossed for you and Charlie, even though I know you''re enjoying a little time off together. It is kind of nice, isn''t it!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone...I''ll try to report back tomorrow night!
35.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Steph: Congratulations!!!

Lorelei: Wow...your post hit home this week.

I injured my knee ever so slightly on friday...took a different kickboxing class (aka, not a good instructor) and torqued my knee. My left knee whacks out easily, its a ligament thing, so I rest it when it needs to be rested. But it reminded me that I need to be caring for my body as well as working it. So I took a nice walk on sunday with my 3 y.o. (ever walked with a youngster? its a lot of stopping & exploring) but we did a mile or so and took advantage of the sun being out. Today I did a series of yoga poses, and oh my...did that feel amazing.

I guess I need to worry less about losing weight & getting thin as I do about conditioning my muscles, maintaining flexibilty, and buidling joint/muscle strength. I can definitely tell I have a post-partum body...everything is weak from not lifting weights since last january. It''s easier to be fit when you aren''t fighting injuries.

On the up side...a few days of rest seems to have helped my knee. It feels fine now. But I am going to skip this week''s kickboxing and opt for yoga & spinning instead.

Rod: I meant to mention, love your pic from last week! You & (forgive me if I get the name wrong...I''m calling on last week''s memory, and my memory stinks these days) Charlie are adorable. I haven''t had good sushi in a while...I think its time. Loooove sushi.

Mara: so still liking Zumba? i haven''t made it yet...I need to check it out. I made cupcakes this week due to your dang thread...my son went frickin'' bananas. All I heard all week long at every meal was "cupcake?".
38.gif
I only had one! Yeah...

so good week other than the knee blip...I lost another half pound. Hey, its a loss...I''ll take it!

T-minus 17 weeks till my 20 year h.s. reunion! GASP! I have 17 lbs to get to goal....coincidence? hee hee..of course, I''m not losing for my reunion. I could care less what anyone thinks in that respect. Folks I went to h.s. with were really nice..I just want the baby weight off.

Well...i did good with food this week...at more than I needed to, but a couple of "big" dinners out. El Gaucho...filet mignon, lobster mashed potatoes, steamed clams, bananas foster, lots of Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, an exquisite cognac .... yummie...
3.gif
I did eat my whole steak.....
16.gif
but I got the little one! LOL...the rest I just ate "just enough". I exercised a lot prior to the night out, so I think that helped.

Ok...off to bed kids...have to get up & meet a friend at the gym manana.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2008 4:55:31 PM
Author: bee*
After feeding him a big bag full of carrots (his fave treat), groomed him from head to toe and then the git rolled
11.gif
Hehehe!!! Aren't they hilarious??
25.gif

Ow Diver, you take care of that knee!
35.gif

Thanks Rod and everyone for the kind words! Yes, one would imagine that it is time for spring to have sprung here, but British weather is a law unto itself!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, and Bee...what does "git rolled" mean? Please explain the term to this American...it''s been bothering me all night!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2008 4:06:36 AM
Author: monarch64
Lorelei, and Bee...what does 'git rolled' mean? Please explain the term to this American...it's been bothering me all night!
9.gif
Hehehe! I had to explain the term 'git' to Miss Ellen the other week, as it is one of my favoured terms! Git is a slang word, which apparently has it's origins from the word ' get', which was used in days gone by, to describe a person's illegitimate offspring! So the word get somehow evolved into git, these days it means basically a twit, fool, idiot etc! In Bee's case, she uses the term git to refer affectionately to her pony, who went and rolled in the mud as soon as she had finished grooming him! Git indeed!
11.gif

Bee, did Raffles really work that mud in thoroughly?
31.gif
As they do?!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2008 4:33:38 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/8/2008 4:06:36 AM
Lorelei, and Bee...what does ''git rolled'' mean? Please explain the term to this American...it''s been bothering me all night!
9.gif
Hehehe! I had to explain the term ''git'' to Miss Ellen the other week, as it is one of my favoured terms! Git is a slang word, which apparently has it''s origins from the word '' get'', which was used in days gone by, to describe a person''s illegitimate offspring! So the word get somehow evolved into git, these days it means basically a twit, fool, idiot etc! In Bee''s case, she uses the term git to refer affectionately to her pony, who went and rolled in the mud as soon as she had finished grooming him! Git indeed!
11.gif

Bee, did Raffles really work that mud in thoroughly?
31.gif
As they do?!
thank you so much, miss Lorelei! I could not for the life of me figure out what it meant. I resisted googling the term, just ''cause I like to rely on my brain sometimes, but the brain wasn''t helping, ha ha. It all makes perfect sense now, thanks again.
2.gif

Believe it or not, "git" as a slang term is actually used in my home town. That, and any three letter noun or verb with the vowel "e" in the middle will do...for example: they pronounce "pen" as "pin," "set" as "sit," and of course "get" as "git." It''s not quite southern, as the geography does not qualify as a southern state, but it''s close. We like to call it "hick" or "hillbilly."
9.gif

Yes, and Bee, please describe for us just how Raffles made a mess of her perfectly groomed coat and mane "whilst" rolling in the muck? (Hee hee hee, ROFL).
31.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all. Just doing lots of college reports today and then WW and bootcamp later on this evening. Nothing exciting!

KTF-75lbs is what I want to lose also. I''m 11.5 down so far so on my way a bit. You can definitely do it!

Mara-it will definitely all even out. You''re doing lots of exercise.

Spark-congrats on your engagement again and yay for joining WW. I find it great for keeping me on track.

Rod-Irish weather is messed up! You can never count on it. This time last year we were having scorching hot weather and during our summer it rained constantly! Glad to hear that the showing went well. Hopefully you''ll hear something soon.

Marcy-they''re not going to recognise you when you walk in! best of luck!

Monarch-Glad to hear that you are having lovely weather. It''s so nice to do things outside when it''s sunny. Raffles does adore his carrots. I won''t touch them though. Hate the taste of them and also most of my family have red hair and my granny used to say to my sister that eating lots of carrots will make her hair redder so I used to avoid them. Didn''t want my blonde hair turning red
3.gif

lol about the git comment! I keep forgetting that there are somethings that aren''t said elsewhere! haha
9.gif
I think I yelled something else at him last night but not sure I should type that word here
3.gif
He does it everytime he''s groomed-it''s his worst nightmare when he sees me coming with a brush. If I didn''t have the carrots there he''d be gone. He stamps the whole time you''re brushing him, attacks all the other ponies who come over to have a look, he''s just so funny. Not bad for 34 yrs though! It was getting dark last night when I was up there and I only had my mobile so I''m not sure if this photo will be very clear. He''s the one of the left looking sheepish after his roll and the horse on the right is his g/f. He reminds me of Rod Stewart, he always loves really tall mares. He''s 14.2, she''s 17.2. Luckily he''s gelded as I''m not sure how that would work
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee, your Raffles is beautiful, thank you for sharing that pic! You''re funny--I was an orange colored baby since I loved to eat sweet potatoes and carrots...I''ve been orange-ish ever since, thankfully I also tan well so in the spring and summer months I don''t look so strange, ha ha. My Cricket used to eat LifeSavers and Werthers and pieces of apples and carrots...she was an Apaloosa mare who lived to be around 27, she mothered many a bovine calf, and just had a heart of gold. She foundered at around age 26-27, and try as we did to save her, she succumbed to the disease within a year. She was really the light o f our lives there on our little farm. I''ve written about it on my who''s who thread as well.

Anywho, sorry...I love hearing about other''s equine activities! We kept several geldings on our farm even after Cricket''s departure, they are just wonderful beings with whom to keep company. One of my nieces, and her mom, my SIL, rides, and I enjoy going to their comps sometimes, but its just not the same as being back home on my own turf. My parents miss having cattle and horses around very much. Gah...sorry, enough about that!

Thanks to both of you Englishwomen for explaining the term ''git rolled" to me! I have gotten a huge belly laugh out of it and will pass it along to my mom, who will also appreciate the term (she carried the staff which she used to rein in the cattle when the got loose when my bro and I were just 3 and 7.) She thinks she''s just an old farm girl now...and she loves it.

What fun trip down memory lane! You''ve both been great and so accomodating. I think i could still teach y''all a thing or two about American farming, but hey, we weren''t going there anyway, were we?! LOL!
36.gif
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, Raffles is a doll!!! Love that pic!!! I bet Raffles thinks Amber is darling; I wuve Amber, both cuties are beautiful! I would love to go to Ireland, just too bad the $ is so weak for us across the pond. Yay for bootcamp, go Bee go, you are doing great!!!

Monnie, good for you walking!!! Yay for warm weather!!!

Rod, I hope you sell the house to those people. Your day sounded lovely!!! Enjoy your workout today!

Mara, I was wondering if you are riding your bikes (I remember not too long ago you and Greg got new bikes). Yes, I have a new bike; it is so much fun to ride! Your cupcakes are pretty; you need your own shop. hehe

Diver, ahhh take care of the knee. Good for you walking and taking it easy from kickboxing. Great idea on building up the muscles. How is Jake? Your kiddos are so cute!

Apple, whoo hooo for getting a great arm workout!

SB, yay for your long walk and dance class!

Hey there Sparkalicious, glad you are back, hope you feel better! Yay for another WW! You will do great!

Rod, sending good condo selling vibes to you. Your meal sounded lovely!!! Have a great workout sweetie!

Marcy, whooo hooo for corp seeing you; I bet they will be floored at how awesome you look! Yay for the treadmill.

Monnie, yay for warm weather and your workouts!

Lorelei, I may use that word now, thankies to you. hehe
27.gif
xoxox

Well sewing class was great last night; I need to practice sometime today too while the info is fresh in my mind. hehe I have Muscle hour this evening, yay! Have a great healthy day all
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m feeling much better today. We took it easy and wandered around Scottsdale a bit yesterday, then I rested and read and we went out to dinner. My stomach still isn''t feeling 100%. I had about 1/2 my dinner and no dessert, but it''s better than Sunday.

Bee, your horse is gorgeous!

Spark, congratulations on your engagement. I hope WW works for you, it was a good starting place for me, even though I didn''t like it long term.

Diver, hope your knee heals soon. Nothing better than walks with little ones.

Mara, hope you enjoyed your guest.

Not sure what we''re up to today. Perhaps a short hike and some more resting.

Have a great day all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you''re feeling a little better, Kimi. I hope your continue on the path of wellness, I feel so bad for you being on vacay and feeling sucky! Surely you will feel better each hour, I hope, anyway. Crossing my fingers for ya, amd sending good vibes.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 10:46:10 AM
Glad you''re feeling a little better, Kimi. I hope your continue on the path of wellness, I feel so bad for you being on vacay and feeling sucky! Surely you will feel better each hour, I hope, anyway. Crossing my fingers for ya, amd sending good vibes.
Thanks, Monnie. My DH says I make myself sick by being so busy and when I get respite I wind up with a migraine, it''s my body saying "you suck for pushing me so hard" according to him. He may be right. It just so happened that I ended up dehydrated as well. I am feeling much better today, but not in a mood to run a marathon. I''ve napped every day we''ve been here, which is totally unlike me. I''m going to continue to take it easy and I''ve promised him that once I''m through with school I am going to focus on learning to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results