shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 24th Sept till 30th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all ( weather is pants this morning)
emsad.gif

Well, we are nearly in October now and the thoughts of Holidays are starting to hover in my mind!! I have found what looks to be the perfect dress for Hubby's works Holiday party, it is like a 1940's style in black with cute sleeves and a touch of sparkle - very pretty. I will order this dress soon and see what I need to do to improve the look of it workout wise. I find it helpful to do this with a new season or occasion outfit, sometimes a new outfit can highlight areas that need a little more work and keep us motivated. I try to think of myself as a work in progress and although there are some styles I would never wear such as off the shoulder and strapless, backless etc ( due to my back I don't look good in these styles), sometimes it is enlightening to try something a little different.

Now is a great time to rethink our goals, and set up easily attainable mini goals to help us on our way. We can make a huge difference between now and the Holiday season if you have a special dress or outfit you want to fit into. Sometimes even just a pound or 2 lost can make a huge difference to the way we look and feel, so make sure to celebrate each positive achievement!

I also wanted to mention about how beneficial working out can be to our minds - the nights are drawing in fast which can guve many the blues, working out can be an excellent way to help stave off depression and anxiety - we get so many other benefits we may not be aware of, well worth the time we spend each day on exercise!

Have a great week all
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning WWT!!!
Great opening, I have some jeans I want to fit into so good goal Lorelei! Also, for me the shorter days give me the blues so thank you for the reminder that exercise can improve our mental well being too. Very exciting to the new dress!!!!

I think it was Mara that might have said this, but now I am in agreement that processed foods and nonwhole grain make a person more hungry and craving more. I have been listening more to my body when I eat; anyone else find that true for you too...just curious ????

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2007 7:24:13 AM
Author: Skippy123
Morning WWT!!!
Great opening, I have some jeans I want to fit into so good goal Lorelei! Also, for me the shorter days give me the blues so thank you for the reminder that exercise can improve our mental well being too. Very exciting to the new dress!!!!

I think it was Mara that might have said this, but now I am in agreement that processed foods and nonwhole grain make a person more hungry and craving more. I have been listening more to my body when I eat; anyone else find that true for you too...just curious ????
Thanks Skippers!

I was thinking of maybe cutting out sugary foods to see how I feel, as I was eating a chocolate bar recently and noticed the rush / crave more/ rush then drop shortly afterwards, I think I might try cutting down and see how I feel....

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful and thought-provoking start, Lorelei. The mind-body-spirit connection always seems to resonate most for me in autumn. Maybe it''s all the yummy pumpkins!

Skippy -- I do notice the same thing; once I start down a processed, non-whole grain path, it''s hard to stop.

I have finally recovered from a serious headache that put me out of commission for about two and a half days (fortunately could still eat, but noise and light sensitive); which meant I spent most of yesterday getting caught up with "life." Ate really healthy yesterday, including lots and lots of cruciferous veggies with my tilapia.

Today is Day 2 off of the Pill. I coincidentally have been reading a great book about women and their hormones (I don''t recall the title.) It''s a fascinating read about how the body prefers a balanced state (duh), but it talks about the ways your body "compensates" for an imbalance of all sorts of hormones. It goes through the laundry list of hormonal systems, symptoms of imbalance in that system, and how to "rebalance" it, mostly naturally. It''s amazing how much diet, exercise, and SLEEP affect our body chemistry. I''m hooked on it (the book...well, and sleep, too. Who am I kidding?).

My guess is that being on the pill for twelve (!) years has caused some issues with my body...or at least been a contributing factor when other stressors and hormonal imbalances got to me. But I''m no doctor.

It did what it did and that''s fine.

And did I mention that in the last two days, I''ve dropped down to my lowest weight in 4 months? Without really trying? (I''m not talking about the unnatural dip due to the headache). I''m hoping that once my body regulates, I will see results. I''m not slamming the pill. It''s been awesome for me in many ways, and I am terrified that ToTM will be difficult, but so far so good.

Sorry, way to much information about my girl plumbing.

Right now feeling ready to workout after school -- aiming for 30-45 minutes on the bowflex.
Lots of healthy snacks in my little lunch box. The book also recommends 5-6 "meals" a day, which isn''t always feasible for me, but it''s a goal.
Loving the MBT shoes. If it adds a little ooomph to my cleaning/dog walking/getting the mail routine, I''m all for it! Wish they weren''t so smurfy.

DeeJay and Rod -- hope you were able to meet up (I haven''t checked back in the other thread.)

To everyone else -- happy Monday! Enjoy these dwindling days of September. For some reason it''s supposed to hit 90 degrees today, which is just wrong.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful and thought-provoking start, Lorelei. The mind-body-spirit connection always seems to resonate most for me in autumn. Maybe it''s all the yummy pumpkins!

Thanks Jas - I feel the same way about autumn, maybe because I was born in it, but it is my favourite season.
face6.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All!

As always, a terrific opening, Lorelei. As I tried on the dresses I purchased over the weekend and looked in the mirror and thought "Blasted arms!" so there is work to be done!

Fall invigorates me. I love this time of year.

I''ve started calorie counting again as of this moring....I''m giving myself a break from the scale while I get back on track.

It''s a busy work week, every day but Friday and two big assignments due in schooll today. But there''s always time to squeeze in exercise, even if it''s only a walk around the neighborhood; my theory is any movement is good movement.

Happy day all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone.
35.gif

Lorelei, you are so correct in making sure we focus on the upcoming holiday season. I certainly don’t want to gain 10 pounds from giving in to holiday goodies. Heck, last night we went to a BDay party – I ate a little more than normal and weighed 1.4 more pounds this morning. No way did I put on that much actual weight and I know it will come right back off but it is so frustrating to eat maybe 500 or 600 more calories and see that result from it. I like the idea of picking a nice outfit for the holidays to keep handy so we can focus on getting “in shape” to look our best in it. Your dress sounds very pretty. Our weather is pants this morning too. It rained all night, it is still raining and the highs for today is expected to be in the upper 40’s.
Skippy, sorry to hear the shorter days gives you the blues; maybe it''s because you love to be outside and go for nice long walks. Great idea to focus on getting in to the jeans you want to wear.
Jas, sorry to hear about your headache. I am glad you are doing better. Congratulations for dropping to your lowest weight in months.
Kimberly, I am sure your new dresses are lovely on you. Good luck with your busy week.
Have a great Monday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, what we did last year for the Holidays on the WWT was to decide what would work best foodwise - for myself, Jeff and some others, we decided to eat what we wanted for Christmas Eve, Day and the day after, and workout as we felt like it, that way the damage was minimal - if any! Just try to decide what will work best for you, but we will all be sharing ideas and coping mechanisms to help each other! Some prefer not to indulge much, it depends on what works best for you and what you are comfortable with.

I tried to order the dress online, but the order timed out so I will have to pick up the phone for once - LOL!!!

Pants treadmill should soon be fixed, the part is on order finally!

Kimmi I hear you with the arms, that is why I like the dress I posted as it gives some cover!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets see if I can post a pic of the dress......

ETA - Just tried to order and it is out of stock, might be available around the 3rd week in October, so I will have to wait and see...bummer.

29G948.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Hello All--

Well, I have been a long time lurker on PS and have finally decided that maybe I should post more often. I mentioned this in a past post but by day I am an engineer, but during evenings and on weekends I am a Weight Watchers group leader, a nutritionist, and also a personal trainer. From what I have read so far it seems that everyone is right on track on getting to the weight you want to be, but if you ever have any questions regarding working out or your diet, I would be happy to answer them :) Just a small piece of advice that really helped me when I was losing weight and that I still live by is don''t worry about losing 5, 10, 50, etc pounds...worry about losing just 1 pound. and after you lose that one pound then focus on the next pound, etc.

Anyway, Happy Monday to all! have a great week.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you Blondie - great to have you with us and I am sure we will be peppering you with questions!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! lorelei, great opener, i know i tend to focus on upcoming events as well too. for me i am actually pretty happy right now with what i am doing, and where i am at. my trainer does seem to be helping me which is great. i am finally seeing more definition in my arms, i think they look the best they ever have. i''m also learning about how to continue this on my own and the right way to do the exercises so that i can do them in the future without the trainer.

holidays are just around the corner for sure. anyone eyeing up the halloween candy?? i LOVE candy corn and every time i see a pic i am like oooooh. but it''s just plain sugar!!! it''s so funny how stuff from childhood that you loved really kind of has that mental hold on you like oh i want it because you remember it from childhood. healthy lifestyle sabotage for sure.

i am liking the cooler weather a bit as well...though today it''s sunny and will probably be like 75. i am ready to wear all my cute fall clothes and sweaters heehe. and i love sweaters and jeans during the winter too. cozy.

kimberly, about your arms, i know you are afraid of doing weights to get too bulky, but from what my trainers are telling me...you won''t get bulky from just doing weights (unless you are doing like MEGA 100 lb weights or something)...so i wouldn''t be afraid to bump up the weights a bit. i am doing more than i used to in terms of weight and all it''s doing is helping sculpt and define my shoulders and back more. but also it''s diet...so if you feel like you have fat on your upper arms, try to figure out how to get that off because that WILL lay over the muscle on your arms and give you the appearance of having more bulk there than you want. for me i carry my bulk or fat in my waist not my arms. but i guess for all of us it tries to go somewhere right?!?! good luck with cal counting for a while.

skip good for you on your 5.5 mile walk yesterday!!
miss lorelei look at that slinky black dress, you go girl. hope it comes back into stock soon.
welcome back blondie!
jas yay for a lowest weight! glad your headache is gone too..total drag being down for the count.

marcy, chances are you didn''t ''gain'' anything but you might have consumed more salty foods than usual last nite and that can definitely lead to water bloat. i know that you are still in the middle of your weight loss journey, but i will throw this out there from experience, as you get closer to your goal, try to wean youself off the scale a bit. it can be really obsessive and it''s not healthy in the long term. sure it''s great to see progress, but there will come a time when the weight is harder to get off and the scale will not be your friend during that time. it can be really depressing to see progress come to a halt and not be sure why...and it can be demoralizing to see no progress or even a backslide when you feel like you are still doing the right things. so just a note...i know that you say you know you didn''t gain 1.4 lbs in one day but i remember how i felt seeing the same thing, like omg what is happening. it''s normal to think that IMO when you see a # like that...you think well its not LYING so that must be true. but your body is a living, breathing, changing thing. so it will fluctuate. so as you get closer to your goal, i might say to start weighing yourself like 1x every 2-3 days. that is a more true indicator of where your weight loss will continue to be and how it will go. anyway just my own experience...i used to weigh myself almost daily and it was just way too much for me. clothes fit the same but scale wouldn''t give me what i wanted so it was like this cycle. now i weigh myself maybe once every 2 weeks. and it''s so much better for me and i use the tape measure to tell me if things are changing.

whew that was long. anyway gotta run to work but i''ll check in later. hope everyone is having an okay monday!!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Mara gave some of you ladies great advice! I always tell my clients to only step on a scale once every 2 weeks. Our bodies go through cycles so weighing yourself daily does not reflect an accurate measurement.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Blondie23
35.gif
Blondie, I think when I get to my goal weight I will try to do the weigh in job at (WW); I think that would be a good motivation for maintaining! Glad you are with us! Do you mind telling us how much you lost?? I usually wouldn't ask that question but I know WW leaders are proud of their hard work so I thought I would ask plus it is good motiviation for me. hehee

Kimi, yay you are back!!! Hope the pesto was yummy. . . silly me I bet it was!

Marcy, you are so sweet and so positive! You will lose and if you can start checking out sodium in your food; it was an eye opener for me. I started paying attention because my dad has hypertension so it made me more aware.

Lorelei, I love the stars you saw this morning! That is one gorgeous dress! Yay for treddy being fixed soon. I bet you get a good workout w/the horse too.

Mara, thanks for the kudos. I too love cute jeans and warm sweaters. I am not buying halloween candy till that day so I don't eat any. Candy is my weakness so out of sight out of mind.

Jas, I am so sorry on the headache. BC was difficult for me and I am glad I am off it; I feel more in tune w/me. Yay for bowflex workout tonight. . . you go girl!!! Yay for loving the shoes, whoo hoo for ooomph. hehe

Rod, whooo hooo for meeting up w/ DeeJay; I can't wait to hear all the fun you guys have eating sushi
36.gif
36.gif

I will be walking tonight; Happy Monday all
35.gif
I probably will do 3 or 4 miles. I think on the weekends I will push myself to do 5 or more so I mix it up
41.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Glad to be here. I finally decided that I really should post more since I''ve been lurking forever and I thought it was silly to just read everyone else''s posts and not contribute.

Skippy! You should definitely get involved with WW. It is how I maintain my weight. I loved WW so much that after I graduated with my master''s in electrical engineering I decided to go back to school for nutrition! When I started Weight Watchers I was 155 lbs and 5''5" and 23 years old. I was on my university''s swim team and was a national champion. I was in excellent shape, but when I graduated from college and started my masters degree I no longer had time to workout so I packed on 35 lbs! I was miserable because my whole life I was always in great shape and I stopped swiiming for 9 months and went up 4 sizes...eek. So I joined my local weight watchers and the weight just fell off. Now I am almost 25 and am now 120lbs! I credit my weight loss strictly to WW and working out. I also run now which I never did before. So, keep up the good work! It will come off, it just takes time!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
haha, edit to say that I am almost 26 not 25..wow, I''m ridiculous

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blondie, yay that is so awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing and congrats on the degrees in addition to the weight loss and healthy lifestyle!
9.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, walking is an excellent way to burn calories and keep your weight in check! I actually walk for 3 miles or so on the days that I lift weights instead of run. And that is amazing that you can walk for 5 miles straight! i get tired after 3 hehe.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an hour and a half till Sushi, Sapporo and DeeJay and HH time!! Since I haven''t heard otherwise, I believe they will be meeting us for dinner. I''m excited for sure!

Great opener as usual Lorelei!! I saw that dress and I''m betting (well hoping you can actually get it), but once you do, that you''ll look simply stunning in it. Assuming you get the dress, you''ll have to post pics of you in it. You''ll look way better than the model for sure!! It did remind me of things I did. For example, I bought several pairs of pants and some t-shirst too that were not comfortable, and I knew I would have to work out harder, and/or lose more weight for them to fit and look right. It did give me a goal and low and behold, I met the goal and was able to wear those clothes just fine!!

Didn''t have the best morning. One of my interns, quit without notice. He sent me an email saying he was sorry but he got an opportunity to go overseas for a year and would be heading to California this morning. Real nice, giving no notice. His numbers had been down the last couple weeks, so I''m guessing his mind and heart had moved somewhere else, but it''s just not a professionally courteous thing to just quit. I''ve worked so hard to help him, that it just felt like a slap in the face, but I know I need to not take it personally. gggrrrrrrrrrr. I must admit (and I mean no offense to anyone young) but younger people don''t seem to have the same work ethic we boomer generation people have. I think this stems in large part to them being handed just about everything on a silver spoon. I can''t believe how many kids get brand new BMW''s or Mercedes on their 16th birthdays? Anyway, it was not the best start to my Monday, but at least my day will end on a bright note!!

Yay for being the lowest you''ve been in 4 months Jas!!!

Kimberly, you''ll do much better calorie counting and skipping that mean scale. One of the trainers in our gym had a bet with one of his clients that whoever lost 25 pounds would owe the other $500. The client continued exercisiing, but didn''t change his eating habits. The trainer started counting calories. Guess which one lost 25 pounds and which one didn''t lose anything (except of course $500)!!!??? The client of course.

Welcome Blondie!! Glad to have you in our healthy family!

Anyway, will report later after a fun filled evening with DeeJay and hubby!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 4:42:59 PM
Author: Rod

Didn't have the best morning. One of my interns, quit without notice. He sent me an email saying he was sorry but he got an opportunity to go overseas for a year and would be heading to California this morning. Real nice, giving no notice. His numbers had been down the last couple weeks, so I'm guessing his mind and heart had moved somewhere else, but it's just not a professionally courteous thing to just quit. I've worked so hard to help him, that it just felt like a slap in the face, but I know I need to not take it personally. gggrrrrrrrrrr. I must admit (and I mean no offense to anyone young) but younger people don't seem to have the same work ethic we boomer generation people have. I think this stems in large part to them being handed just about everything on a silver spoon. I can't believe how many kids get brand new BMW's or Mercedes on their 16th birthdays? Anyway, it was not the best start to my Monday, but at least my day will end on a bright note!!

Anyway, will report later after a fun filled evening with DeeJay and hubby!!!
Rod, I am sorry. I think you are right. I use to help my mom out at her business and people would call in or not show up to work w/o calling. Or quit via phone that day. I am always shocked at that behavior. Gosh, I am sorry. I think a lot of us are more appreciative of things that take awhile to earn or receive versus things which are handed to us; I really believe that.

I bet seeing DeeJay and her hubby will make your day terrific; I can't wait to hear about all the fun!

Jas, I am sorry I missed you were at an all time low; yay sweetie!!! Kudos
36.gif
36.gif

Blondie, thanks for the kudos on walking. You will appreciate this so today I made the WW soup since it is starting to feel like fall lately (crisp mornings and evenings). I also chopped up celery sticks. Glad you are around!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, I love that soup. Have you tried the WW watermelon and cucumber salad with red wine vinegar??? it''s delicious. i had some of it with my lunch today. Anyway, I''m going to go for a run and then fix some dinner. Hope everyone had a great Monday :)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
What''s WW soup?

Lorelei - I do the same thing with thinking about an upcoming event and fitting into (and looking fabulous) in my outfit. A good friend''s wedding is coming up at the end of October and even 3 pounds would boost my confidence. And that dress looks gorgeous!

Jas - hope you''re feeling better!

Work was busy today (like that''s a new thing). I had my new breakfast craze of low-cal toast with low-fat miracle whip and low-fat havarti and green tea. Then I missed lunch
8.gif
. So I picked up a little cup of non-fat soft serve frozen yogurt for a snack in order so that I could actually go to the gym without falling over.

Dinner was salmon (~4 oz) grilled on my grill pan with a little teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup brown rice, a huge serving of peapods (microwave in bag, woohoo!), and a big bowl spinach salad. I was telling my mom that the whole meal sounded a little ascetic, but I''m actually really full (prob due to volume since I ate like 3 servings each of peapods and spinach). Later on if I feel like it I''m having a 100 cal popcorn bag as a reward.

Happy Monday, everyone! Tomorrow''s a rest day for me...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon All,

Mara, would you mind sharing some of the lifting you're doing for arms with free weights? I'm not concerned about bulking up, I'm just not ready to commit to it yet...because it's a if you start you can't stop thing. My weight sits in my arms and my tummy, lucky me!

I'm trying to wind down after a whirlwind day. One of our lower functioning kids, with few verbal skills, took off today and we spent 20 minutes searching for him, very scary. He ended up being in a portable on the after school care campus drawing on himself with markers. The program specialist ended up spending the rest of the day in our classroom, watching us all work, which is understandable but uncomfortable. Got home and had a message from a good friend who was pregnant, she had her son on Sunday, he was born with two holes in his heart, has been operated on and is now in NICU. They knew this was going to happen through prenatal testing, but still very upsetting; it's hard for me not to be there (I was for her daughter, who was born preemie and spent a month in NICU) to support her. I'm going to visit in a few weeks, hopefully he'll be home safe and sound by then.

So I worked extra and came home to work on school papers, feeling a bit worn out. Exercise not in the cards today...tomorrow, for sure.

Have a great evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
Lorelei, I should have know WWT would have many great ideas and suggestions to get through the holidays. I will probably do that too, enjoy myself for the day without going overboard then go right back to my normal routine. I can’t believe I did this for about 9 months by myself. Pick up a phone to order something? Too funny. Your dress is gorgeous!
Blondie, great idea to focus on one pound at a time. I set very small goals for myself and don’t put dates on them. I have a rough time estimate in mind but I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment if I reach a plateau. That is awesome you enjoy WW so much and congratulations on loosing so much weight! That is impressive your went back to get a degree in nutrition. I am glad to hear walking is good for you; that is what I do for exercise (and some stretching).
Mara, I did buy some Indian corn. I had a little bit camping last weekend and sent the rest home with the in-laws when they came out to visit us on Saturday. It is pure sugar – 22 pieces of it was 150 calories. I could easily have eaten that and more. Aak. I love sweaters and fall clothes too. I am waiting for the stores to get the serious heavy sweaters in stock before I buy some though. Thank you very much for the sound advice on not being obsessed about weighing myself every day. I know the weight loss is already slowing down and will continue to slow down and I do get upset when I see the numbers go back up. Clothes and inches are a better indicator then a fluctuating scale. I will start today not weighing myself at night; that is a big step for me and quit weighing on weekends or Mondays.
Skippy, I don’t put on any extra salt and generally avoid most salty food but I haven’t tracked my sodium intake. I know the food I had at the party was kind of salty. Enjoy your walk tonight. I had about 30 minutes before class tonight so I walked around the building a few times.
Rod, sorry to hear your day started with a resignation email. Some people’s work ethics do leave a lot to be desired. Do you think the client is now wiser even though he’s minus $500? I hope you have a marvelous time with DeeJay tonight.
Basil, it sounds like you had a busy day but a healthy selection of food. I hope you didn’t fall over at the gym.
Kimberly, you certainly had a tough day. I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s baby. I wish them well. I am glad you found the little boy who wandered off at school.
Well, take care my friends. Sweet dreams!
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Lorelei: great opener...i agree mini goals are a great way to see transformation and stay on track.
jas: great news on the lowest weight! that''s got to be motivating for sure.
blondie123: welcome to you and your expertise
1.gif

skippy: i have been tracking my cals and noticed how much sodium i consume in the same tracking tool. no wonder i feel like i retain water like a fire hydrant! i''m trying to keep that in better check. i have very low BP but i don''t want to jeopardize that.
rod: soooo, how was sushi with deejay and HH? so cool that you got to meet up with each other.

well, today is day three of hard-core calorie tracking. if nothing else, this serves as a great way to align my nutrition with my performance when training. i ate healthy sat nite (swordfish and grilled veggies) but i was really low on carbs and when i went out to do my long run on sunday i BONKED. this was the worse run i have had in years! it didn''t help that it was 94 degrees at the time of my run, but i really think my low carb diet the nite before just ruined me. my legs were out of juice 6.5 miles in and i quit at 7. the last time i walked away from a run b/c i was out of juice was over 2 years ago....so i was bummed out, BUT, the good news was that since i am journaling everything i could go back and adjust and will try that 13 mile run again on wednesday. i just need to add more carbs in the nite before a long run and do a decent snack shortly before the run and i think i will be ok. so there are added benefits to this whole tracking thing, which is great!

tonite i did a 3 mile run to loosen my legs up after yesterday''s disaster....they were all crampy early today. and then i did 20 minutes on the elliptical and now my legs feel good again.

i also found this great website with a whole core/ab routine with great pics/demos and everything. this is the best website demo of exercises i have seen in years. i included the link below: (scroll towards the bottom of the page to see the demos). Everything can be done at home, too.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=486

hope y''all had a great monday!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! sounds like everyone is doing well. i haven''t been posting much, but i''ve been keeping up with the routine and the scale was kind and finally gave me one more pound lost on thursday - woohoo!

my public service announcement: there is a limited edition pumpkin flavored slow churned and it is super yummy, like pumpkin pie. just make sure you pay attention at the store and grab the right kind - there''s a full fat version as well and they look very similar.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, I did 4 miles; it is weird now that it is cooler it is easy to walk and I am getting faster too! That part I love (the faster part). hehee

Marcy, yay for getting a walk in; I always stretch because I don't want to get hurt. You are doing awesome; kudos sweet friend.

Kimberly, yikes; how scary. I am glad you found him; I bet that would have happened to anyone. I am so sorry about your friends baby; I will be praying for that little precious bundle of joy.

Bondie, I don't know the watermelon cucumber salad. Can you post it in the WWT 'Healthier" recipe thread if you get a chance. Enjoy your run!!!!

Basil, I posted the soup in the WWT 'Healthier" recipe thread. Mmmm, salmon; I love brown rice too! Kudos for a healthy and tasty meal!

Tdiddy, it is freaky how much sodium is in stuff. I avoid canned soups and make my own so I can control the salt. Hey, thanks for the core link; very nice!!! Yay for a nice run!!!

Rod, I feel like a nuttball, I keep checking Family, Home and Health forum to see if you posted. I am excited to hear about your dinner
9.gif

Sweet dreams friends!!!

ETA: ShortBlonde, you and I were posting at the same time. Whooo hooo for losing 1 lb; kudos!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, you, my dear are my favorite nutball. And even though it's late, I knew I couldn't go to bed without posting.

We had SUCH a NICE evening with DeeJay and HH (Bill). They had already arrived by the time we walked into favorite Sushi place #2 and it was just so terrific seeing DeeJay in person and her HH Bill is a really nice man. So, we had a terrific dinner. Then we went for Active Culture Frozen Yogurt, then we had coffee under our Oak Tree. I hope that having read so many times about these places and getting to see and experience them for real made it more enjoyable for DeeJay. Surely for me, it was wonderful to be able to share them in person. Then we came back to our place and we showed them our condo and she saw what we almost gave up for the almost move to Raleigh and I think when DeeJay get's online again, she'll likely tell you we have it pretty darn nice in Tampa, on the Bay!! Again, I can't adequately say how much fun it was to get together and share such a nice evening!! I did take a few pictures, just to prove that the evening really did happen.......So here goes (and Bill so sorry about the one with your eyes closed!):

The first picture is DeeJay and HH Bill! What a special couple they are!!

DSC_0281.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is DeeJay and your''s truly (we were in our family room overlooking the bay, watching a Hi-Def DVD!)

DSC_0280.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a shot of DeeJay, Bill and Charlie in our family room!

DSC_0277.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results