shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th Nov till 18th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Non pants weather continues to hold in the UK and we are having the prettiest Fall colours we have had in a long time. Apparently this has been caused by the atrocious wet summer and now the warm days are giving us a rare display of colour!
3.gif
3.gif

I was thinking of how getting into shape has improved my life. I read up on how some people believe that life will only begin " once they have lost weight," fit into a size 2, etc etc. It is my experience that losing some extra weight and working out has improved my quality of life in so many ways, but it isn't like waving a magic wand and voila! All my worries and body issues have miraculously disappeared!

My reality is that I still have some work to do mentally. I look and feel much better, I get compliments from folk who haven't seen me in a while - which is great and a big motivator, but I still have some concerns, heavy days and thin days - just as I used to. Getting in better shape has; given me more confidence which is very useful in many areas of my life. I feel better in myself, can do more, and of course, I look better. With my back problems, I have done a lot to help myself - which can help the pain and the poor body image which many scoliosis sufferers have. In short - it has been well worthwhile embarking and staying on this journey, and I will continue to do so. It truly is a journey in as much as it may take me many years to overcome some of the negativity I still carry, but I will keep on trying, just as much as I will continue to try to workout and eat well!

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week everyone! It''s going to be a great week when you weigh less on Monday than you did on Friday. Yippee.

Lorelei, I hate to be a copycat but I couldn''t express my feelings any better than you just did. Change my bad body part from back to knees / feet and my condition to arthritis and that is me. I do constantly strive to work on feeling better about myself but sometimes it''s hard to escape those feelings. I am thrilled with where I am, how far I''ve come but I so want to do better.

Have a great day!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,
I''ve been very busy and didn''t have time to read WWT and post but I''m back. It seems like my weight is yo-yo-ing now. One day I''m 142 lbs, then a week later it is 148 lbs, then another week it is 145 lbs. I am assuming this must be water retention, right? Otherwise, my scale must be broken!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, your everchanging numbers are quite normal. My weigh fluctuates, a bit less than yours, but constantly. I bounce from 125-128 depending on what''s going on, what day of the week it is, etc. It could be water retention, where you are in your cycle, your salt intake, etc. Don''t sweat it.

Lorelei, as always your openings are so accurate and meaningful. I had a great discussion with our friends last night about how different I feel now that I am a non-smoker. It changed my life in so many ways to quit and really fed into my ability to exercise longer, etc.

Marcy, do you get to pick out clothes for Christmas or do you get something else because you''ve already bought so many clothes?

John made swordfish, steak, corn, roasted potatoes and bread for dinner. Everything was delicious. And it was nice to visit with the neighbors.

It''s the elliptical and school for me today.

Have a great one!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!!! happy new thread. and great opener lorelei. it's about winning the war not just the battle for sure!

yesterday was a nice re-entry into regular life. oh also i wasn't at a conference for my trip, it was pleasure, just meeting up with a few friends who i only see about once or twice a year. pleasure is much better than business! but yeah nice to be home.

greg's team did pretty well in his rowing race, and he was back home by 1pmish. i did some TJ's shopping, and we went for a super long walk, about an hour and a half...and we took some new neighborhood areas, figure about 4 miles total. it was a beautiful day yesterday as the clouds went away and the sun came out and it was cool and a little windy yet sunny, so very nice for walking. then we went to dinner at this small family style italian place in this little boutique town about a 10 min drive from us. greg loves this place because he says it reminds him of the italian small diners back in new jersey/east coast. it's very family owned, small menu, no real ambiance but the food is divine. and it's funny because it's in a really ritzy town with a lot of other expensive restaurants, and this place is always packed. he was like 'see if we move back east we can eat in places like this all the time' and i said that part of the fun is that it's a place like this in california. hahaha. he just made a face.

anyhow this place has amazing garlic mozz bread...so we had that. and then i got a special spaghetti and meatballs which was SO YUMMY. i am not a huge pasta fan but this place i will almost always try to get a traditional pasta dish because that is what they excel in. and i like that their portions are not massive. it is probably about 3-4 servings of pasta which is still a lot but most other places will serve you like 8 servings! so it's easy for me to eat 1/2 of my dish here and save the other half, which i did last nite. i am torn between having it for lunch today or maybe dinner tomorrow night because i think greg has rehearsal. then on our way back home we stopped at the candy store and got a pint of Peppermint Bark gelato ...yummy seasonal flavor for holidays from the candy and gelato shop. when we got back home greg made espresso and we had a small bowl of the gelato and caught up on about 4-5 tv shows that have been tivo'd in the last week. finally catching up on things!!

can you guys believe that thanksgiving is only 10 days away?! or is it 9 now? we are hosting this year at our house...it was either that or xmas eve. thanksgiving seems easier. i've gotta get my turkey ordered.

hope everyone had a great sunday....happy new week.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Well, it has been an interesting start to my week to say the least....my hubby got a job offer first thing this morning. This new position would be a lot of travel, but the rest of the time he would be working from home....so that means that we would really have the option to move anywhere. We have only been in South Florida for 11 months now. Good thing we decided to rent, I knew we weren''t going to be here for long and the housing market would have killed us if we bought a year ago. Anyway, we are talking about moving back to Atlanta where we both grew up. There are positives and negatives about moving again, but we would be near family again and since he will be traveling quite a bit, that would be a plus. Anyway, I am such a stress eater and with the holidays, plus moving, I''ve got to keep it together so I don''t gain a whole bunch of weight back! I am still 9 pounds away from my goal. We ate really well this weekend except for going to our fav. Italian place for pizza. Mara, it sounds a whole lot like the rest. you were talking about...family owned, small, very authentic, all the waiters are italian. It was very yummy and I had 2 pieces, but made up for it by going on a long run. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, I am getting better but have a killer sore throat so plan to take another day off. I will go back to working out tomorrow; I am meeting a friend at the gym tomorrow for muscle hour. Hubby is lots better, yay! Thank you all for the get well wishes
12.gif

Mara, that steak place sounds like a restaurant here in ABQ called Paul's Monterey inn; they make super homemade bread and their filet mignon melts in your mouth too. Yay for being back home.

Steph, how exciting moving to Atlanta!

Marcy, I like your song. hehee You are doing great!!

Lorelei yipppeeeee for great weather and great opening!

Chrono it is good to see ya, you were missed. Are you counting cals? You are right salt will do it too.

Kimi, have a great day at school and the ellip!

Rod and Mrs. Salvo, wow we have 2 wait to weeks to find out what happened to Gabby's hubby! Glad you both had a great workout! Mrs. wohooo for magic stairs. Rod glad the weather is perfecto!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw skippy, i''m glad you''re feeling better but bummed you''re still not 100%. it''s a good idea to take time off and recover though so i''m glad you''re doing that. I can''t believe we have to wait 2 weeks to see what happened to gabby''s hubby. so crazy, I just want gabby and carlos back together...i love them together...

no work out for me today, a lot going on trying to get ready for our trip to chicago this weekend. also had a dr. appt this morning. they did the ultrasound and our baby is wonderful. everything looked great and is normal. we also found out we are having a boy. i think my hubby is really, really excited!!

i hope you all have a great day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 1:53:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
aw skippy, i'm glad you're feeling better but bummed you're still not 100%. it's a good idea to take time off and recover though so i'm glad you're doing that. I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks to see what happened to gabby's hubby. so crazy, I just want gabby and carlos back together...i love them together...

no work out for me today, a lot going on trying to get ready for our trip to chicago this weekend. also had a dr. appt this morning. they did the ultrasound and our baby is wonderful. everything looked great and is normal. we also found out we are having a boy. i think my hubby is really, really excited!!

Mrs. Salvo have a wonderful and safe trip! Yippeeeeeee for a boy!! I had been wondering what you were having; that is wonderful news!
36.gif
36.gif
I too hope Gabby and Carlos can stay together. hehe You are so sweet Mrs. thanks for the get well wishes, I am sure I will be 100% tomorrow.
9.gif
When i was a kid one of the neighbors had 2 girls and a little boy it was so cute to see the girls holding their little brothers hands. I am sure your girls will be the same way!!!! Ahhh, too cute!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hey wwt! i saw the talk last week about the group getting smaller, so i wanted to pop in and say: i''m still here! i''ve just been super busy at work and traveling frequently (just got back from a week in SF and sonoma valley), so i haven''t had much time to post lately. i am still skimming and trying to keep up with what''s going on.

even with all the craziness, i''ve been trying to continue with the healthy eating and exercising. seems to be working, as i am still maintaining my weight loss with little fluctuation. i am headed to the gym after work today to do 45 minutes on the elliptical.

keep up the good work, everyone!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 1:53:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
aw skippy, i''m glad you''re feeling better but bummed you''re still not 100%. it''s a good idea to take time off and recover though so i''m glad you''re doing that. I can''t believe we have to wait 2 weeks to see what happened to gabby''s hubby. so crazy, I just want gabby and carlos back together...i love them together...

A Boy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy for you Mrs S!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, always right on!! No matter what may be 'pahnts' in your next of the woods, your weekly opening is perfect! Thanks for putting into words what so many of us feel!!

Skippy, I'm sorry you're still feeling under the weather. I hope your muscle hour with your friend is good tomorrow!

Mrssalvo, CONGRATS on IT'S A BOY!! And yes, what a bummer we have to wait two weeks to learn what happened to Gabby's evil hubby. And you're right, she and Carlo's are so good together. I find them the most amusing of Wysteria Lane!!

Chrono, it's normal for one's weight to fluctuate. It's when it goes up and stays up you have to worry.

Yay for a good workout Kimberly. I didn't know you were one of us "ex-smokers." To be honest, I still miss it, but know I can not have them again. How on earth could Rod run 3 miles if he was still a smoker?? He couldn't and he knows it!

Mara, we were just talking tonight about Thanksgiving. And yes, it's hard to believe it's just next week. We don't get the opportunity to be with family for the holiday (I refuse to fly over Thanksgiving), so we fix a very nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner for just us. Then we have leftovers for a couple days. Then I make enough homemade turkey soup to feed an army. We didn't get to do the soup last year as we were in the middle of moving to Raleigh, but this year, we're going to do it all!! Including running 3 miles while the turkey's in the oven. Only this time when we look at our place from the pier on the water, we will know we're not leaving this year!!

Wow Steph.......Congratulations to your husband on a great new job offer. I hope if you move back to Atlanta, it's the right thing for you all.

Hey SB, glad you're still around and doing well!!!

A really long day today. Didn't leave work till after 6:15. But it was Sushi night and we had a very nice dinner, frozen yogurt, then home. Nothing exciting to report, but a nice evening for sure. Tomorrow, it's back in the gym for us!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! Just a quick check in before I head off to bed early since I have an 8:30 meeting tomorrow.

I was feeling rather *thin* as of last Thursday but not any more... That''s what two charity events and two big dinners with clients all one right after the other will do to you...
8.gif

Yesterday I went to the gym and since I was the only one there I put on this terrible movie on the Sci Fi channel about killer locusts that had been bioengineered to be carnivores. (*Why* I do not know... ) Anyway, about 20 minutes into my elliptical session a couple showed up and I warned them that if they stayed they had to work out with me and the really bad movie. They had the best time! After a few minutes they were turning around on the treadmill asking me questions about what was going on because it had a "history" in the movie that happened before they showed up. But seriously, the movie was SO bad. At one point were were all laughing so hard we almost fell off our treadmills/elliptical. It was a grand ol'' time. Too bad I had to leave before it was over, but somehow I knew how it would end LOL.

Not much else to report workout wise. SUPER CRAZY busy right now with the real estate thing. The first two weeks I was like, OK, what do I do now? And now I''m like, geez, I wish I just had 5 minutes to catch my breath!

Hope all is well and I promise to post to everyone later.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I can so see you on the elliptical with a couple you''ve never met and you all laughing at the "locusts" horror movie. Sounds like fun. What does seem pretty unbelievable is only you and two other people at the gym. It would seem like we had entered a twilight zone episode if there was ever a time when only three of us were at our gym.........LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. I weighed 3/10 pounds less this morning than Friday morning so I am psyched for making more progress this week. Woo hoo!
Chrono, it’s good to hear from you. I am sure your weight is just fluctuating; that’s frustrating but it will level off so no worries.
Kimi, I am getting some bling for Christmas. I want to upgrade my diamond studs and I may get a 1 ct bracelet too but I am not sure yet on that. I did ask for clothes from my family so I probably will get some from them. I am glad your dinner with neighbors was nice. Did any of your friends in the neighborhood have damage from the fires?
Mara, it is nice to get back to regular, daily life. I do so much better on days I work than on weekends. The Italian restaurant sounds really good especially the mozz garlic bread. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is so close with Christmas not too far behind. Aak.
Steph, congrats to your husband for the job offer; moving to where you have family sounds like a great idea. Since your husband will be traveling a lot it’s nice to have family around for company and help (if you need someone). Hang in there though; it will turn out the way it should.
Skippy, I am glad to hear both you and your husband are feeling better. Yuk to your sore throat. I am glad you like my silly song.
MrsSalvo, woo hoo for finding out you are having a son. Congratulations. I hope you have a marvelous time in Chicago.
Shortblonde, it’s nice to hear from you. I’m delighted to see you are continuing your healthy lifestyle even with traveling and being so busy.
Rod, it sounds like you and Charlie have great plans for a nice, quiet Thanksgiving.
DeeJay, laughter is good medicine too; my husband loves to watch really bad movies; sounds like it’s one he’d love. That is wonderful you are so busy; I hope you close on many deals.
Take care and have a great evening.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!
35.gif
I must say, I''m a bit....nervous, writing in this thread for the first time. I''ve been lurking for awhile and I have to say how wonderful it is too see such a great support system in this thread. The opening posts always get me excited about embarking on my weekly exercise goals.

Just a little about myself and how I ended up on this thread: I''ve always been lucky at being naturally thin until this past year. I went from being too small (I went to the doctor because of sudden weight loss) to then gaining 40 lbs in a year. It was shocking to say the least. When I first started gaining wait I was happy that I was getting back to my “healthy weight” then it just didn''t stop. I felt (and still do feel) self conscious about my weight fluctuation. I''ve always been a fairly confident person and it was a shame to see that part of me fade away. I have a whole closet full of clothes that I can''t wear and well... it''s not fun! I''ve only recently started (about 2 months or so) to kick myself in the butt and get out there. Loosing this weight isn''t going to magically happen (although I was hoping that I''d wake up and it would be gone! Haha) and the only way to get back to being healthy is to work! So I joined a gym and started working out. In the past two months I have lost 10 lbs! It really helps to stay motivated when you are seeing a change, but I know that it will be easy for me to get lax on my goal and my workout schedule so I am hoping that talking and reading about all of your experiences will help me!!

Currently I am trying to work out 3-4 times a week. Starting with 30-45 minutes cardo and then weights. Today I did 5 ½ miles on the elliptical. MAN did that feel good! (my poor face was so red!) I have a hard time limiting my food intake. I''ve been using healthy recipes for dinners, but I love bread and pasta! It''s hard to ignore those cravings.

I''m so excited to get to know you all! Do any of you have tips for a work-out newbie?

Steph72276 I''m new south florida as well (moved here a little over a year ago) and I''m hoping to relocate to Atlanta when my boyfriend gets out of law school. Your husband''s new job offer sounds like a great opportunity and you''ll get to experience the changing of the seasons again... I miss that! We don''t really get that here in SoFlo!
8.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
just time for a quick check in... unfortunately I think I''m gonna be one of those people who is a little absentee this time of year! I''ve been so busy! Also, DH and I both realize we are spending toooo much time online and are going to make an effort to spend more time together and less on the computer... so, if I''m around less, that''s why!

Thanks a lot to TDiddy, Mara, Marcy, Skippy, Steph, Rod, and anyone I may have missed who complimented me on my half marathon! It was a great race and so worthwhile. I highly recommend organized races, be it a 5K, 10K, even a mile fun run, anything to get involved. I wish I had known about these events years ago. Even if you are nearly last (which I have been, especially when I was first starting) it is fun and people are encouraging.

So I have been taking a break from running for the past week or so to give my knees a rest, and doing other things at the gym. Tonight I did strength training for 40 min and the "wave" for 30 min, which is a sort of combo between the elliptical and step. I really like it. Over the weekend we got together with old friends and I was pretty good with my eating - chose my splurges selectively, for sure. There wasn''t time for the gym but I did a ton of walking, and I had worked out every day during last week so I wouldn''t get off track.

My official sugar/refined carb detox of 3 weeks is over, and I was pretty good with it. I am definitely going to keep watching my refined starches (which I''ve been doing a long time anyway - just kicking it up a notch!)

hope everyone is having a great week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for a son mrs salvo, congrats!

DJ i hear ya on not feeling thin...however i gotta say that it''s quite interesting...with our week in mexico and then my weekend splurges from thurs-sat...i actually have gained no weight! okay .5 lb as of this afternoon but it was probably just a bit leftover from traveling. overall i have actually held my weight pretty well at the maintenance level in the last month.

i am doing less cardio than i have before, and i am doing more weights. when i do cardio, it''s interval training, HIIT, so basically like 3 minutes warmup, 2 minutes medium (whether it''s jogging or hiking on the treadmill), 2 minutes fast (sprints or higher hiking level) and then down one and then up one, down one, and back and forth. cooldown for about 5 minutes. i just do about 30 minutes total on the cardio and sometimes more like 20. and i do about 20-30 minutes of weights, alternating days for arms and legs. i only walk about 1 day a week now, with greg and portia, typically on saturdays or sundays.

anyway kind of interesting. i have read that the more muscle you build, and the less fat you carry, the more you burn. i had my bf tested tonite again but the computer was down so the gal has to send me the results via email. curious to see if it has gone down since last time. she mentioned she thought i looked more toned and lean in the midsection since starting.

so anyway, for those interested, i seem to have seen very positive results so far from the interval cardio and being consistent with lifting more weights and doing more weights on my legs too.

saw the trainer today, did arms and chest and a ton of abs, owie!! back to the gym tomorrow evening, will do intervals and legs. hope everyone had a great day!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Kayak. It sounds like you are off to a great start; congratulations for loosing 10 pounds already. That is wonderful.
TanDogMom, I am so glad you enjoyed the marathon. I think I’ll do a walk sometime; that would be an amazing feet for someone with my background. Yay for making it through your 3 week food detox; that is an accomplishment. Good idea to spend more time with your husband.
Mara, congratulations on maintaining after your several outings. That is marvelous. I am sure your BF will be down. Woo hoo!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning! Just another quick check in before I run to soccer practice with Andrew. I''m counting this as my cardio. I ran Sun and Monday, so today will just be some light running with him, and then weights later today. I have done really well with my eating lately. Yesterday I went to Panera for lunch and had soup and 1/2 a bagel with RF cream cheese, yum...then for dinner I wasn''t very hungry at all and just made myself an egg white omlet with 2% shredded cheese and a little ham. I lost another .5 pound. I feel really good even though the scale is moving at a snails pace...I went to the mall to spend some bday gift certificates and bought a couple of skirts in a size 4 that were a little loose so that made me feel really good. I don''t know how I fit into these clothes that I fit into during college, but weigh 10 pounds more...maybe it is because I am lifting weights and have more muscle? I thought at first it was just vanity sizing, but I still have some of my favorite things from college stashed away and they fit. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well....still waiting to here details about our possible move coming up....moving and holidays and a toddler, oh my!

Skippy...hope you and hubby are feeling better. Take time to fully recover before you start to work out so you don''t feel bad again!

Mrs. Salvo...congrats on the baby boy! They looovvveee their mommies:)

Rod...I know, I kind of hate to leave So. Florida....this is the best time of the year down here!

Marcy...woohoo on the weight loss, you are just trucking along!

Kayakqueen...welcome! Good going on the first 10...how much more do you want to lose? Where are you in SoFL?

TanDog...this time of year, it is really hard to watch the refined carbs....I am going to have to really control myself at Thanksgiving around all those yummy treats! I am still really trying to watch them and I think it is showing up on the scale for me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara, Marcy, Rod, Kimmy and Skippers for your comps on my opener!!

Skipster, I hope you feel better soon!

Sharon - how is the knee?

Welcome KayakQueen! You are more than welcome to join us!
35.gif

SB, glad to see you!

I did 50 mins on the treddy yesterday in the company of John Boy Walton, Mary Ellen and Jim Bob! I am running out of DVD''s to watch....Anyway it went well and I am in love with an uber Reebok treddy I have seen!
30.gif
It is so bouncy with a huge deck, and it is large in itself which is like the pro LifeFitness ones...Oh I want it, but Hubby said no as it has US voltage so a transformer would be needed, then if it fritzed the treddy would be totally pants with nothing we could do!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

sniff....oh well, at least my old treddy is no longer pahnts.....
37.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Hello again ladies, Happy Tuesday! I’m tired and pretty sore this morning. My stiffness is slowly starting to get better with every workout. Which is nice, but I kind of miss that sore feeling. It made me feel like I was really accomplishing things with my workout. Is that crazy?

I’m running over to the gym tonight to do an hour or so on the elliptical and some ab work, and then going home to make a new recipe for dinner (chicken stuffed with apples- sounds yummy!). My boyfriend is currently studying for his law school exams which begin next month. So I have lots of time to myself to work out. It’s nice having something to focus on rather then just sitting around our tiny little apartment.

Mara it’s great that the interval training is working out so well for you! I’m gong to have to try that.

MarcyC thanks for the welcome. I’m very excited about the 10 lbs, but I’m thinking the weight loss will slow down a bit now. I had a change in medication which I think contributed greatly to the 10 lbs in 2 months. But hey, I’m not complaining!

steph72276
After hearing about your yummy meal at Panera I’ve decided that I’m going there for lunch today! Haha. How awesome that you can fit into your college clothes! That must be a great feeling! I’m planning on loosing another 20 lbs. to get me back to a healthy 120. Then from there I’ll see the different areas that I need to work on and set a new goal for toning any problem areas. I was about 105 at my lowest, but that was during my sudden weight loss problem. I still don’t know what started it. The doctor said maybe stress? I’m in west, west, WEST Dade. I think I could walk to the everglades.
2.gif
It’s nice though. Far enough away from the hustle-n-bustle of the city but still a 35 minute drive to south beach!

Lorelei
Thanks for the welcome. I’m excited to get to know you all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2007 9:43:07 AM
Author: Lorelei

Sharon - how is the knee?
HI:

Thanks for asking--it remains sore, but today is the day to retry it again with exercising. I am starting to melt!! I am glad your treadmill is working well, LL!

Congrats--MrsS--how exciting!!

Hope everyone else is doing well, and that MIss Skippy feels better soon.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all and welcome kayak queen.

one other thing i wanted to add to what i said yesterday is that i have read a few things recently that struck home with me on workouts. the jist is...if you can read, or talk or whatever while working out, you are not working out hard enough. this hits home for me because i used to always take a mag with me when i went to the gym. 60 minutes on the elliptical was boring! but now that i am doing like 20-30 min intervals, it''s almost all i can do to stay on the machine while i am working out. i still have my ipod (tunes are a must) and sometimes i do take a mag for warmup and warmdown but during the 15-20 min where i am going up and down quite quickly, i really can''t read.

i started to feel like i was spending too much time working out, but not being as absolutely effective as i should be with that time. really now that i think about it, i don''t think that anyone should need to spend 2-3 hours at the gym. i was spending like 1.5 hours for the most part and now it''s typically more like 45-55 minutes.

also for those who are strapped for time, keep in mind that it''s better to get on a machine or do something at a very hard pace for 10 minutes than to do nothing at all. and many of us would be surprised just how hard we can push ourselves and what our bodies are capable of.

on a fun note, we are doing the turkey trot again this year (thanksgiving morning). i think there is a 5k and a 10k so i might walk/run the 10k this year instead of doing the 5k. but i am going to see what greg is going to do and figure it out then. we did it last year and it was a ton of fun and you feel absolutely no guilt gorging later on for thxgiving dinner! haha.

happy tuesday all! and lorelei, i understand treddie covetousness, but make sure to show your old treddie some love or it might go all fritzie on you again! hehee.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy tuesday all! and lorelei, i understand treddie covetousness, but make sure to show your old treddie some love or it might go all fritzie on you again! hehee.

I will try Mara, but this one was such a beauty, I am drooling yet! Yet I don''t want to upset my old treddy for sure!! I am enjoying having it back again too much!

so is my b-tt.....
11.gif
inclines rule.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all and welcome kayakqueen. So, I finally made it to a sculpt calls at the gym. oh my gosh my upper body was just shaking and i wasn''t even using heavy weights, just 5 or 10 lbs. I thought i was pretty strong b/c of lifting my kids all the time but noooooo...i''m a weakling...the leg portion was great and although i felt a burn in a good way, never felt i just couldn''t do it. i wasn''t really suprised with all the walking/hiking i do. I''ve got a ton of uppper body/back work to do and it was good to start now and hopefully gain some strength so i''ll be ready to jump in bootcamp full force after babys gets here. anyway, I have a new respect for all you out there lifting b/c it''s tough. my muscles feel like jelly now. i''m looking forward to going back on thursday. it''s funny too, b/c whenever I work out, I want to try and eat better. i feel like if i eat something really bad it will undo all the good i just accomplished. anyway, i hope everyone has a happy and healthy tuesday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all! I am feeling tons better; my throat doesn't feel like the Sahara desert like it was feeling. hehee Thanks for all your thoughtful good healing wishes; I felt it Mrs. Salvo, Lorelei, Kimi, Rod, Steph, Sharon and Marcy!!! I am excited to workout after being off a few days 4 I think. I finished my window treatment and will take pics for you all to see this weekend! It is a great feeling to be finished, whoo hooo!

Shortblonde, yay for staying healthy!

Rod, thanks for the good wishes and I am excited about muscle hour and seeing my friend. Glad you had a good sushi night! I love the rainbow roll caliroll w/different pieces of fresh fish. It sounds like Gabby's evil husband is found based on the preview. hehee Yay for making turkey at HOME!!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world!

DeeJay, yay for a great workout and the funny locusts! I can't believe I watched some crazy movie on giant killer ants in the amazon once. hehee I think that is too funny you told the couple they had to watch it too. LOL I bet you are a blast to be around; I can totally tell you have one of those magnetic personalities.
9.gif

Marcy, yay for your weight loss! Kudos! You are doing so great!!! How many calories a week do you eat? Just curious; your body is loving that amout.

Mrs. Salvo, yay for sculpting class!

Welcome Kayakqueen! Shortblonde Kayak's too!!! Yay for a great workout!

Gail, where are the bling shots?!
2.gif
enjoy time w/hubby!

Steph, boys do love their moms! Enjoy soccer w/little Andrew. Where in Florida do you live??? Yay for healthy eating. Lifting weights does speed up your metabolism!!! Kudos.

Lorelei, You are too cute w/the Waltons and the Brady Bunch. I enjoy watching the Andy Griffith Show and the british show I enjoy is Rosemary and Tyme. Have you seen it? Also the Detective Lynley Mysteries. Yay for a good workout!

Sharon, I hope the knee is good! Sending good knee vibes!!! Did your hubby like NM?

Mara, yay for the turkey trot and a good weight training workout last night!

Happy Tuesday all
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all!

This morning I went ot our monthly sales meeting which is (unfortunately) held at one of the local culinary institutes. I say *unfortunately* because they pastries there are to die for! Two danishes an three cups of coffee (with real cream!) later I escaped. Ack! I did a bunch of other things today, including walking over to the sales center in a builidng that''s .8 miles from my house to get some info for one of my clients. When I got back I was like, Good Walk Dee! Then I said--wait a minute--I used to walk a mile to and from my office every day and STILL do other things like go over to this sales center. It''s amazing how I pat myself on the back now for doing something (often LESS!) than I used to do before as a matter of routine. Sigh.

Anyway, tonight I am finishing up a couple of things and then the HH is bringing home Indian food--YUM! And SOMEHOW I am going to get a workout in tomorrow. I have to pick up a sign at my office and go put it up on the balcony of my (FIRST!!!) listing, and then I''m free until I meet my client at 5:30 so there''s no excuse for not going to the gym tomorrow. Plus the HH is working from home, and that is always a PITA with us tripping over each other all day.

Lorelei, enjoy the fall colors, even if it was due to the weather being pants all summer!

Chrono, you and I are weight twins right now. I was down to 142 last Thursday and yesterday I was at 148. It HAS to be water!!

Kimi, are you all settled in back at home now?

Steph, congrats to your hubby on his new job offer!

Skippy, glad you''re feeling a bit better, and I can''t wait to see a pic of your window treatment.

Mrs. S., I know what you mean about wanting to eat better when you work out.

Shortblond, good for you for maintaining despite the craziness.

Hello Sevens!

Rod, turkey at "home" sounds like a wonderful plan for you and Charlie!

Marcy, your husband and i should compare bad movies some day. I''ve seen some doozies!

Welcome Kayakqueen!!

TanDogMom, congrats on the half marathon!

Mara, I have read that if you can''t hold a conversation while you''re working out you''re working too hard. There have been times (especially in the beginning) when I''ve tried to talk to people in the gym while I was on the elliptical and I was too winded, but over time I''ve gotten a little more moderate and I think it''s better for me--and for my knees!

Sharon, sorry to hear your knee is still sore. How did your exercising go today?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon!

Welcome, Kayak!

Glad you''re feeling better, Skip! Can''t wait to see the curtains.

DeeJay, we are back at home, and finally settled. We had a bit of a water catastrophe, non-fire-related, last weekend but otherwise are doing well, and so pleased to be back. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear that business is booming.

Congrats on having a boy, mrssalvo.

We took the kiddos bowling today, oh my goodness, so fun! I have a killer sinus headache now, it''s really dry out, again, unfortunately.

John''s making veal for dinner, otherwise not much to report.

~K

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results