shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Sept till 16th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

I was having a tough week feeling fat and bloated as women do at certain times, so much so that I was really fretting about the fit of my jeans and working out like a demon. Last night I began to feel better and as the my bedroom mirror is off the wall at the moment, I propped it against the door and had a good look at myself - which I hadn''t done in a few days....I looked fine
23.gif
I think for some reason I had become obsessed with how large I was feeling around the middle and wasn''t seeing the big picture as I hadn''t looked in the mirror, I was just seeing this huge abdominal area - which I don''t have!!

The moral of this is that I think this can happen to many of us at certain times, we may feel fat or unsuccessful with our eating and working out, but we may not be seeing the great changes that are taking place or have taken place. My mind was like a fun house mirror ( or acting like one) and it took a hard look in an actual mirror to be able to see the reality, I hadn''t gained weight or fat, in fact I looked trimmer than usual!!

So my thinking is to use these times to try a bit harder if I am feeling heavier, but to try to remember sometimes it is mainly in the mind that I am feeling this way, my body has altered a lot but old habits and feelings are harder to change. I can still expect these feelings even though I am in far better shape, but I can use them as a motivator if I approach them in the right way.

Have a great week!

* weather not PANTS at the moment*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, thanks for an awesome opening to the week! As I sit here lamenting those ridiculous 2 lbs that will not go away it makes me feel better. In the scheme of things, those 2 lbs are not nearly as important as my overall health and wellbeing, which is something I''ve worked very hard for.

I''m working today, then it''s home to focus on school. Will go for a walk tonight if I can''t fit in the elliptical...just have to keep moving!

Have a great Monday, all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 9:18:32 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Lorelei, thanks for an awesome opening to the week! As I sit here lamenting those ridiculous 2 lbs that will not go away it makes me feel better. In the scheme of things, those 2 lbs are not nearly as important as my overall health and wellbeing, which is something I''ve worked very hard for.

I''m working today, then it''s home to focus on school. Will go for a walk tonight if I can''t fit in the elliptical...just have to keep moving!

Have a great Monday, all.
Glad to have helped Kim! I know how frustrating it is and also how easy it is to become fixed on numbers, but in the scheme of things, 2 pounds is a minor thing compared to all the work you have put in and the success you have achieved!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Good Morning everyone,

Even though I''ve strayed slightly from this thread, I still keep a close watch
2.gif

I''m still going to the gym 3x a week and today I''m set for a one-on-one lesson with
my martial arts instructor. Feeling fit, healthy, stress free, and ready to go!

Thanks to Lorelei for her great efforts in keeping everyone motivated
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, thank you for another wonderful and thought provoking opener for the week. I know I tend to focus on the numbers and OMG I gained .6 of a pound; the big picture is in the looking glass and while we focus on the little things no one else notices. The mirror tells the whole story!

Kimberly, enjoy working today. I wanted to play sick but I won''t. I work till 5 then teach class until 9. Mondays are LONG!

Hi MB! Glad to see you are still on routine and checking in on the thread!

I lost .4 pound so I''m happy with my numbers but better yet; the vest we bought me a month ago fits GREAT now. It was a little tight over the hips last month. Now I want another one. I getting to be such a clothes horse.

Have a great Monday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 9:30:43 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Good Morning everyone,

Even though I've strayed slightly from this thread, I still keep a close watch
2.gif

I'm still going to the gym 3x a week and today I'm set for a one-on-one lesson with
my martial arts instructor. Feeling fit, healthy, stress free, and ready to go!

Thanks to Lorelei for her great efforts in keeping everyone motivated
36.gif
How very kind Jeff - good to see you!!!

Thats great Marcy - how fun with all the new clothes, you deserve them!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

courtesy.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I am still sick, gosh darn it! I''d like to have called in today but I need to work; I don''t get paid if I don''t show up.

Lorelei, logically I know those 2 lbs don''t mean much, but I can''t wrap my emotions around that!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Lorelei, how do you manage to "hit the nail on the head" every week? Thank you as always for starting the week off wirh your usual upbeat and ever so "yeah, that happens to me" note!!! Glad your weather's not pants today!!

Jeff, good to see buddy! Glad you're still working out and keeping tabs on us.

I got up super early to take my baby to the body shop. It went well and Charlie followed me. I must say I was bit sad leaving the car and am anxious to get it back tomorrow. I must have driven the guy crazy who checked me in. I made him walk around the car from every angle and pointed out that the car has very low profile tires and there are absolutely zero scratches on the wheels and I expect it back that way. Of course he promised they'd take good care of my car and since they handle pretty much only higher line cars, I'm sure they will. But still.......I have this image of one of their techs hotrodding my car down the road just to see how she does. Of course we noted the mileage at dropoff and I commented there really shouldn't be any reason for any miles to be put on the car and he of course agreed. There's nothing worse than a totally 'anal' car mother........LOL

I have the worst headache this morning. It started last night and I've even closed all the blinds in my office as my eyes are sensitive to light. No nausea or anything, so it's probably not migraine.

Oh well. Happy beginning to the new week all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -" anal car Mother!!!" Oh dear...* wipes away tears* thanks for the laugh Rod!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for your comps on my openers too Rod - I just try to use things that others can hopefully relate to with our daily health efforts! I hope your headache feels better soon, do you have any Tylenol?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/10/2007 9:55:37 AM
Author: Rod
Dear Lorelei, how do you manage to ''hit the nail on the head'' every week? Thank you as always for starting the week off wirh your usual upbeat and ever so ''yeah, that happens to me'' note!!! Glad your weather''s not pants today!!

Jeff, good to see buddy! Glad you''re still working out and keeping tabs on us.

I got up super early to take my baby to the body shop. It went well and Charlie followed me. I must say I was bit sad leaving the car and am anxious to get it back tomorrow. I must have driven the guy crazy who checked me in. I made him walk around the car from every angle and pointed out that the car has very low profile tires and there are absolutely zero scratches on the wheels and I expect it back that way. Of course he promised they''d take good care of my car and since they handle pretty much only higher line cars, I''m sure they will. But still.......I have this image of one of their techs hotrodding my car down the road just to see how she does. Of course we noted the mileage at dropoff and I commented there really shouldn''t be any reason for any miles to be put on the car and he of course agreed. There''s nothing worse than a totally ''anal'' car mother........LOL

I have the worst headache this morning. It started last night and I''ve even closed all the blinds in my office as my eyes are sensitive to light. No nausea or anything, so it''s probably not migraine.

That would make someone like myself a totally uncaring car father....driving a 2001 Hundai Accent that hasn''t been
washed for months, scuffed everywhere, a few dents, front license plate attached with nylon cord.
8.gif
Good news...
it''s just my temporary car.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 10:24:43 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 9/10/2007 9:55:37 AM
Author: Rod
Dear Lorelei, how do you manage to 'hit the nail on the head' every week? Thank you as always for starting the week off wirh your usual upbeat and ever so 'yeah, that happens to me' note!!! Glad your weather's not pants today!!

Jeff, good to see buddy! Glad you're still working out and keeping tabs on us.

I got up super early to take my baby to the body shop. It went well and Charlie followed me. I must say I was bit sad leaving the car and am anxious to get it back tomorrow. I must have driven the guy crazy who checked me in. I made him walk around the car from every angle and pointed out that the car has very low profile tires and there are absolutely zero scratches on the wheels and I expect it back that way. Of course he promised they'd take good care of my car and since they handle pretty much only higher line cars, I'm sure they will. But still.......I have this image of one of their techs hotrodding my car down the road just to see how she does. Of course we noted the mileage at dropoff and I commented there really shouldn't be any reason for any miles to be put on the car and he of course agreed. There's nothing worse than a totally 'anal' car mother........LOL

I have the worst headache this morning. It started last night and I've even closed all the blinds in my office as my eyes are sensitive to light. No nausea or anything, so it's probably not migraine.

That would make someone like myself a totally uncaring car father....driving a 2001 Hundai Accent that hasn't been
washed for months, scuffed everywhere, a few dents, front license plate attached with nylon cord.
8.gif
Good news...
it's just my temporary car.
You know it's illegal to have an unwashed car with scuffs and dents, don't you?? The "Pretty Car Cops" are on the lookout for uncaring car fathers, they just haven't caught you yet!!! LOL

Glad you found my "anal" comment amusing Lorelei. Charlie get's so annoyed with me as I have to wipe my wheels and clean my windows every night. I'm beyond anal when it comes to my cars!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
ha ha anal car mama.... I hope you get her back in mint condition, Rod.

Ugh, this weekend I ate something bad (I think a shrimp dish was the culprit) and spent all of Saturday night sick... terrible. (I hope this means I don''t have to count the calories from that meal though?) I finally feel better today. Prior to that the weekend was good, with some yum sushi on Friday night and a fun bike ride on Saturday. It was so hot that we only went for about an hour but covered a lot of hills. It is good to get my workout away from the gym sometimes. I have plannned a lighter workout today since I am still not 100%. maybe my usual Monday spin class but back off the intensity.

hope everyone''s week is off to a great start.

Oh I checked out trader joes for the first time yesterday. I wish I could remember some of the favorites people have talked about. I did pick up some fage and high fiber bread, and some frozen pizzas (pretty healthy actually!) I got the single servings, which will be great with a salad on nights DH has to work late. Was not real impressed with the produce and ended up going to my regular grocery which had more selection of fruit and veggies. My TJs doesn''t have prepared foods - I think some of them do? I thought the prices were pretty good there.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Glad you found my "anal" comment amusing Lorelei. Charlie get''s so annoyed with me as I have to wipe my wheels and clean my windows every night. I''m beyond anal when it comes to my cars!! ''

You do????
23.gif
Stone the crows - you would hate to be a passenger in my car then, all mud on the floor, horse poop and bits of straw flying off it ( kidding...sort of...
31.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, glad you are feeling better about yourself; you sound healthy, kudos!!! How is your new horse? Change for those pics now the rain is gone? ETA: Horse poop. hehehe
face20.gif

Kimi, dang, that is awful the rain has been gone so long. I hope you feel better.

Jeff, enjoy karate chopping things. hehee

Marcy, that picture of the lake is pretty but geez that is almost freezing! Glad you bought those fleece! I got allergy shots as a kid for 4 years stopped as a teen and then started back up at age 23. So since age 23 I have been getting shots for almost 9 yrs!! I might have to give up taking the Zyrtec; it is making me flakey. hehehe I was grouchy w/hubby because I was so sleepy. I think I will try for a week and then give up if it doesn't get better. How long were you on shots; do you feel they are helping you? I guess allergies are bad here and people who never got shots before are starting them.

Rod, I am so sorry you have a mirgraine! Can you go home? I hate migraines; I got one about 3 weeks ago and my medicine stopped working in the past year so I can no longer stop them cold in their tracks. I hope you feel better soon. I really feel for you since they are so painfull.
15.gif
Try massaging your scalp and neck if you can.

Gail, welcome to the TJ club!!!! You will love it. Make sure you put 2 packets of splenda in there if you never had it before but taste first you might like it w/o.

Tonight is my walk
9.gif
Yay for a new week!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is thank god for the ability to surf PS via blackberry...

Last night I brought the pups in from their last walk, started turning off all the lights and getting ready for bed... and noticed that there were copious spots of blood all over the floor. Apparently The Demon somehow managed to tear his dew claw while we were outside (although I have no idea when because he never yelped or stumbled or anything like that) so I can't imagine when it happened. We bolt up to the emergency animal clinic (which is quite a busy place late on a Sunday night!) and they did a little surgery. At least I was able to sit there with Oscar and surf PS while this was all going on.

Finally, at 1:30 in the morning we come home and I don't want him to jump down from the back of the SUV so I carried The Demon into the house... and forget to go back and close the hatch so the light stayed on all night and the battery was dead this morning. It was a total fluke that I even realized it early on (rather than at 5:00 tonight when I would have gotten in the car to pick up my client) but we came back in through the garage from the morning walk in an effort to avoid on of the dogs that The Demon goes crazy over who was walking through the front of the courtyard. At least one of the maintenance guys in my complex was nice enough to jump the car. I love the guys in my complex!

Today so far I've had a cup of decaf and a fiber one bar, but I can feel a comfort food lunch coming on. Maybe sushi...

As for working out; I feel like I've had quite a day already, and I do have a client to take out tonight, so I'm not going to the gym.

Lorelei, thanks for the great opener, and good for you for the lack of pants (so to speak)!

Kimi, you're absolutely right, your overall health is much more important than two measly pounds.

Hello Jeff!

Marcy, yes, Mondays ARE long... some more so than others...

Rod, LOL on the totally anal car mother!!

Stephi, I hope your allergies let up soon, you poor thing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh DeeJay, I am so sorry. What a night and early morning!!!! You must be pooped. Poor demon; I hope he is better soon
12.gif
I hope you can go to bed early to catch up on sleep.
24.gif

Monarch, I loved reading your who's who!!! Hey how long did it take to train for the Avon walk? How many miles is that walk? Have a good day off!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dee - poor you and poor Demon, those bleed like crazy when they break or get caught, hope he is ok!!! Also I remember last time you had a flat battery!!

Skippers, Jasmine is a darling! She is so lovely and willing to please! I miss my boy so badly, I am still tearful and can''t bear to think about it all much, but try to take comfort in giving Jasmine a home, she is just so pleased to belong to a family and be loved.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelai- Great opener- you really have a knack for this stuff!
That is EXACTLY how I have been feeling for a week now, and no matter what I do or eat (or don''t eat!) I just feel so bloated which makes me feel so out of synch with my life. In general, I usually know this is what''s going on, and just wait it out, but of course I have an event coming up this week where I have to wear a dress and look good, and I just feel so uncomfortable in my own skin right now. 2-4 lbs is nothing in the scheme of things, but it can really wreak havoc in a dress that fit a month ago!

B/c of said bloat, I have been eating really light, low carbs, lots of protein. Don''t feel or look any different, but somewhere it will make a difference.

I know I really need to step up the diet, and/or the cardio. I am getting there! (slowly)

What is the take on sushi? Good, bad, indifferent? Diet-wise, not taste-wise!!! We had sushi last night, and I didn''t really eat that much, but thought it would be lighter than our usual Sunday night Mexican food, but I was surprisingly full and didn''t feel like it was all that light. I am sure it is all about what you order, but I would think it is generally healthy. no?

Kimberly- I am sorry you are still feeling under the weather, there is nothing worse than not being able to stay home. Hope it passes quickly!

Marcy- that''s fantastic about your clothes fitting better! That is the ultimate reward for me, when my clothes are loose! That''s when I know I have been doing good work.

Here''s to a good week!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello WWTers!

Lorelei- Great opener for the week. you sure know how to inspire and motivate!

I've been MIA for the last two weeks, and have really missed y'all. I lurked here and kinda kept up. Everyone seems to be doing terrific. I've been able to keep up with good eating and activity. At this point, I'm just looking to maintain and keep my energy on the up. We leave for France in 12 days, so I'm prepping for the trip. Lots of planning- especially when it comes to restaurants and meals! My goal is to just enjoy it all and not worry about food during my holiday. Macaroons and crossants??? bring them on!

But until then, i'm watching everything I put in my mouth and powerwalking every afternoon (need to get ready for some serious walking in France!)

DJ- sorry to hear about your late-night adventure at the vet. those are never fun. I see a "comforting" meal in your future!

China- I am of the school of thought that sushi is generally healthy. Then again I don't really care for many of those super-huge rolls, or anything with mayo/too much sauce. I like rolls that are wrapped with cucumber, and sashimi. YUM!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the good wishes on my headache Skippy. No, I didn''t go home as I feel I need to set the right example for my staff. Not that I wouldn''t encourage someone who works for me to go home if they weren''t feeling well, because I absolutely would, but as the boss I often feel I have to just suckitup sometimes. I know.......odd boss machoism. Actually, I''m wondering if I just hadn''t eaten enough. I am feeling better and I just ate a pretty big lunch.

Oh my DeeJay. What a terrible night and early morning for sure. I''m so glad the Demon was treated quickly and so sorry about the dead battery. How fortunate to have people near you who could help. I hope you get some well served rest today.

Just two hours till Sapporor/Sushi/Frozen Yogurt/Starbucks Coffee time! This day is going by too slowly.........

And Lorelei, oh my on the mud and poop in and on the car. Oh my.......my anal self just couldn''t handle that. No indeed........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Charger, did you enjoy the game yesterday? France, you lucky duck!

Rod, you''re cracking me up, my car would make you cry.

DeeJay, what a terrible night, so sad for puppy!

Today was a good day at work, now I''m working on school. I''m making a CL recipe for dinner and that''s all she wrote.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWtr''s! I am winding down and mentally getting back into work mode after a lovely two days off, yesterday was glorious weather and I spent some time outside with the doggies while DH was at a friend''s house watching the Bears first game...today he took a customer downtown to the Cubs game (there is no sports overload for this man, lol) but the weather here is total pants, hee hee, so I''ve been inside doing laundry and general cleaning activities for most of the day. I stepped out a couple times to run some errands and had my monthly orthodontic adjustment done, now I am putting off the task of putting away all the clean laundry, it seems there is never enough space for all of it, argh!

Kimberly and Marcy, hope you two make a full recovery this week, it stinks to not feel well and have to go to work anyway. Marcy, yay for your vest fitting you now, you''re right, you will be a total clothes horse now! That is an exciting feeling for sure, go Marcy!!!

Lorelei, another fantastic opener and very motivational as usual you''ve written us! I agree that there is this tendency to overlook some of the positive changes that go on with our bodies even though they are not always as visible as we''d like them to be. I''ve lost 3 pounds but really don''t see any visual changes which isn''t the most encouraging, but I know from past experience that for me it takes maybe a 7-9 lb. loss before I can look in the mirror and actually see the weight loss even though my clothes are a lot looser with just a 3-5 lb. loss. Plus I know that internally I have a little less fat and more muscle going on, even from just being on my feet all day wearing heels I can tell that my calf muscles (and maybe some other muscles in my legs) are getting firmer and changing day by day.

Rod, I understand the anal car mama syndrome, trust me. I have always made a point of parking waaaay far away in parking lots to avoid the dreaded runaway carts or careless car owners who don''t give a rat''s behind about slamming their door into whoever is parked beside them, and another advantage of parking farther away is getting a little additional exercise. It''s funny though, it never fails that i park way out by myself in no man''s land but by the time I come out of the store I''m in there will be a small cluster of cars parked right around me. Usually they are nicer looking vehicles, I think those drivers must have the same anal mentality as me, ha ha.

On the car topic, DH and I have decided I''m ready to start looking for something new. I''ve been driving a Trailblazer for the last 2 years and I like it but don''t love it. It''s loaded and comfortable, but it''s terrible on gas mileage and where I used to have a 5 block commute I now have a 15 mile commute, plus I''m tired of having a (to me) substantial car payment. Plus I''m always worrying that it will tip over, it just seems top heavy to me when I''m driving on the highway or even around town, there is not a lot of maneuverability, and I was used to being able to sort of jet around everywhere in the Corolla I had previously. DH suggested a Mini, I couldn''t tell if he was serious or not. We were watching The Italian Job for the millionth time last night so I don''t know if he was just caught up in the movie or being realistic...I love them but I''ve never ridden in one so probably more research is in order. I like the VW new beetles as well, my SIL has had two already and loves hers. Mara, maybe I''ll read through some of your posts on yours or else pick your brain a bit. I loved that on the mini website they showed 4 large guys all over 6'' getting out of one, I was wondering how height would factor into comfortably driving a car that tiny since I''m tall and DH is 6''5". Looks like it wouldn''t be that much of an issue, though.

Gail, sorry to hear you got sick this weekend. Hope you''re feeling 100% again soon. There is a thread on favorites from TJ''s somewhere, do a search for those terms and it should come up, it''s full of good ideas. And I''m with you on the produce selection, I usually go to our local Albertson''s chain to get a better variety of fresh produce, but I like TJ''s for their prices and all the fun stuff they offer as well as the super nice staff and upbeat atmosphere.

Skippy, glad you enjoyed my who''s who! I''ll have to add more when I get a chance (hopefully later tonight.) I trained for a good three months for the Avon Walk. I really hope to do it again next spring, it was such a great experience. I actually did it with a team of women from the gym I belonged to at the time, we would do longer walks together each Saturday morning and worked up week by week to an all time distance of 20 miles a couple weeks before the actual event. I had to fit in shorter walks on Sundays and then did 3-4 mile walks by myself or with DH or the dogs or both on weeknights as well. I didn''t do it this spring because I was having my oral surgery done in May and there was no way I could''ve worked around that, I would''ve lost everything I''d built up to and I didn''t know if I''d be feeling up to doing the whole distance the first week of June which would''ve only been a month after my surgery was done.

DeeJay, poor little Demon guy! Hope he''s all better soon. Milo, our oldest, never had his removed and I''m always worried he''s going to rip or tear one of them. Daisy''s were already removed when we got her so luckily we don''t have to worry with her. So did they remove the Demon''s dew claws or was it just a "fix-it" surgery? Just wondering in case Milo ever has that happen. Sorry about your car battery, I left my door open overnight once and could not believe that the battery was still alive in the morning, must''ve been because it was a new car at the time or maybe there is some backup protection thingie that I don''t know about. Anyway, hope this evening is more relaxing for you and that you enjoyed your sushi lunch!

Welcome back Chargergirl, how exciting that you''re visiting France! Take lots of pics and share when you come back, I''d LOVE to go there and practice my terribly rusty french someday, hee hee.

Hi Jeff and ChinaCat! Sounds like all is well in your worlds!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Monnie, I can''t wait to read more!!! I love reading about our PS''ers. We have a great bunch!!! I am off to do my walk and then I will respond to ya all
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I know what you mean. We ALWAYS a million miles away and for the same reasons you do. It's safer for our cars and we get a little extra exercise. And of course no matter how far away we park, when we return there's always someone next to us. But, we always park on an end, so even is someone parked next to us, they could only ding one door, not both. That's Anal Car Momma to the extreme!! Wow, a new car. As you've noticed, we LOVE new cars. I think the mini is cool and with a BMW engine and engineering under that cute body, you can't go wrong. They're surprisingly roomy inside, but Mara can shed more light. I don't think Greg's a small guy and from what I recall, he enjoys driving her car a lot. In fact so much he recently managed to get a ticket driving it, didn't he Mara?????
19.gif
31.gif

Gail I'm sorry you had a bad shrimp dish. Bad shellfish can really make you sick for sure. Glad you enjoyed your bike ride!!

China, sushi can be very healthy food. The rice has carbs for sure, but as long as you stay away from fried rolls, like Spider (fried softshell crab, tempura, etc.) and stick with fresh fish rolls (like tuna and salmon for example) you get good protien and lot's of Omega Fatty Acids. Try to avoid too much soy sauce as well and always ask for your soy sauce as lower sodium. I lost a lot of weight eating sushi, so it definitely helped me.

Charger.......Wow for France for 12 days, I'm so jealous!! We spent 9 days in Paris in April 2001 and it was one of the nicest trips I've ever had in my life. Of course back then, I was a smoker (I think they give cigs to grade school kids in Paris as just about every person we saw was puffing away) and the food was rich, but we walked so much that we didn't gain any weight while we were there that I remember. Anyway, you have a fabulous time and like you said, enjoy your trip and bring on those croissants.

Once my headache got better I got back into work and the afternoon went by faster. Then it was Monday night treat and the sushi, frozen yogurt and coffee was just great.

Tomorrow, I get my car back (fingers crossed) and then it's three straight nights in the gym for us.

Have a great evening everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
What a day! Days like this used to send my blood pressure soaring and me directly to the candy machine. My BP is fine and I only ate my usual 100 cal snack. I found out this morning 3 of the 4 people that work for me are unhappy and have been asking around to other departments looking for a job. Most of it stems around me getting after them for paying too much attention to what was on TV. We have 6 TV’s in our office and when I’m at lunch they put on 3 music stations and turn up the volume on the one they like the song that is playing. My point was they are wasting time getting up every couple of minutes to turn up the volume on a TV. How can they be paying attention to their work if they are worried about what song is playing? I also “pick” on the swing shift. Aak! Well, tomorrow I am having one-on-ones with everyone to reassure them I am only concerned about getting our jobs done.
Lorelei, I got a few comments on my outfit today. When I walked by my boss’s office he looked me up from head to toe and told me later I looked preppy. Another lady told me I looked like a teacher. I have on khaki pants, a off white striped shirt and a maroon cable vest. No one has ever seen me dress like that before. Too funny.
Kimberly, that stupid cold must really like you. Did you try some magical chicken soup yet? I sure hope you get better. Maybe go see a doctor and get some medicine.
Rod, I am glad your headache is better. Maybe it’s stress from leaving your baby at the body shop for a day. I am sure it will be fine.
Gail, you certainly don’t have to count calories from a meal that makes you sick. You probably lost weight from being sick. I am glad you feel better today.
Skippy, my hubby often told me I was grouchy and cried too easy on the pills. Crying especially is not my usual nature. I have had hay fever since I was a kid and was on pills then. I started the allergy shots about 10 years ago. They do help if I faithfully get them. I also have bad food allergies but I can usually control them by avoiding certain things. I hope you enjoy your walk tonight.
DeeJay, I think your day has been exceptionally long. Sorry to hear Demon got hurt. I am glad you realized you left the hatch open on your car. I hope Demon gets better soon and you make it through this long day without further mishap.
ChinaCat, that is strange you are bloated; could milk be doing that to you? I am sure you’ll look great in your dress. Thanks for the comment about my clothes fitting better; it does show progress that I didn’t realize I had.
ChargerGirl, it sounds like you are in serious training for your trip to France. Enjoy yourself while you are on vacation.
Monarch, it sounds like you had a marvelous 2 days off. I am enjoying being a clothes horse, too bad is cuts in to my jewelry budget.
Well, I am at school and we are about ready to go over a work sheet.
Take care and sweet dreams.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, so sorry about the troubles at work, hooray for compliments from the boss! I am a firm believer that part of the reason our health care costs are so high is that people run to the MD every time they sneeze. It''s a virus, and there are no medicines to fix it, I just need to rest and let it run its course. I''m better than I was, just not totally healthy. Being around kids all day can''t help much, talk about a giant germ party!

Monnie, a new car, how fun! I''ve got the new car itch, but it''s not gonna get scratched for at least a year. I''ve always driven small pick up trucks and I think I''m finally ready for a big girl car. I have always wanted a Volvo, the S40 is at the top of my list.

Dinner is cooking and I''m hungry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOoh, Kimberly, I''ve been lusting after a Volvo S40 or S60 for the past year, I swear. I keep waiting for a $0 down lease option, actually...I''m a good candidate for a lease option because I never put many miles on cars, etc.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes I saw the most glorious sunset. It was raining in the north and the sun was setting and all the clouds were blazing pink and salmon colors; it was gorgeous; it also looked like it was raining pink in the distance!
30.gif
I walked 3 miles and hubby walked one w/me. I wanted to get home in time to Watch then New Adventures of the Old Christine. I love that show! It makes me laugh so hard.

Marcy, I am sorry; I would not make a good supervisor. I am such a perfectionist it is awful. I use to help my parents run their business and it was very difficult for me and I rather do other peoples jobs because I hated dealing w/people. I am a very good worker bee but not good at supervising. I feel for you but it sounds like you do well at your job so I am sure you will do great w/them.

Rod, you are too cute for words; I love how you have your routines. . . too funny. Yum to sushi and yogurt! Glad the migraine went away.

Lorelei, you had me cracking up thinking about horse poop; too funny! hehee I am so happy you and the new horse are great. I love horses; they are so beautiful!!!

Chinacat, I love cali rolls, stay away from the tempura. I love the miso soup; it is filling and only like 40 calories!!!

Charger, France. YUMMO, I love unpasturized brie and crepes. Oh yeah, I love those sandwiches they sell at the bakery's and all their delicious pastrys. Sounds like fun!!!

Kimberly, I am glad you are having a great day and enjoying your CL. I have been trying to send rain your way; I can't believe you guys haven't gotten rain. That is awful and scary; I hope you get it soon. Weather has been strange lately, yikes.

Monnie, glad you had good weather; we have good weather here too lately. You and Kimi are cute w/your football. I wish I was into it; I use to be when my dad and I watched it but hubby doesn't watch any sports. I finished laundry today and mopping so it was a busy cleaning day.
9.gif
Yay, I am going to go read your who's who. In the past couple of years I did the American Heart Association walk and the Making Strides breast cancer walk and the AIDS walk; I enjoy helping raise money for good causes. I don't think we have an AIDS walk this year for some reason. ooooo, a new car is fun! I keep day dreaming about my next car; in fact it is funny because I get so caught up in it I tell hubby about it and then blush because I forget we won't get one for approx 2 year. I like Volvo's too!

Oh Mara, we are missing you!
Night all and happy dreams!!!!
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
well, i am back from dallas. business was good and we were busy enough that it was impossible to overindulge on all the good food they threw at us. i think they served 3 desserts a day! tonite i did my long 10 mile run through cincinnati. we hosted the monday nite football game so it was cool to run thru the city with it all lit up and energized for the big game.

monnie - yay for a new car. i''m due for one pretty soon and can''t wait to start shopping!

lorelei - great opening post. i can totally relate to that state of mind!

rod - LOL on being anal about your car. i swear i will treat my next car with more respect than my current one. i am a very bad car mom - but ironically i do LOVE nice cars. just being lazy i guess. i hope you get your baby back safe and sound tomorrow.

skippy - that sunset sounds amazing....

deejay - sorry about the Demon''s toe! poor puppy....although i guess anyone that has the nickname "Demon" probably isn''t really a puppy. LOL.

have a great tuesday everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where the heck is Mara? Traveling this week? I missed whatever post there was on the subject, dang I don''t drop in on PS for like 20 hours and I''m in the dark about the whereabouts of everyone, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results