• Pampers Cruisers

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Luv''s

• Depends on if it''s a boy or girl

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
As I move into 2-3's, I can't use Pampers Sensitve Swaddlers anymore, so thought I'd see what others experience is with the top brands. Which brand do you stand by (after the newborn stage)?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a Pampers girl. I HATE luvs. Seriously. Huggies don''t seem to fit her as well.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve used Pampers with James since birth. We went from Swaddlers to Cruisers to Baby Dry. The Baby Dry ones are more absorbent for a boy - he leaked through the Cruisers all the time. We use Huggies Overnights for nighttime. Sometimes my mom will buy us diapers and she always buys the Huggies
20.gif
so we send those to the sitter and use the Pampers at home
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will tell you a warning about Pampers...I know THREE different kids that got bad rashes. Turns out they were allergic to the blue die that Pampers uses. Once all the moms switched to Huggies it cleared. So if anyone reading this notices that try switching brands.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t it depend upon the shape of your baby? I found Huggies to fit my boys best. Pampers leaked and they have that yuck smell to them (maybe they changed that since my kids were babies).

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I have a vague memory of someone mentioning that Huggies were better for boys and Pampers for girls. No idea where I remember that from or if it''s true, but maybe that goes along the lines of "depends on shape of baby"...

I''ve been using Pampers from Day 1, but spoiled with the sensitive swaddlers. I hope normal swaddlers are comfy enough for her. And I do notice that Pampers are too thin for overnight, so use Huggies Overnight for that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re still in the 1-2''s but we''ve been using the Costco diapers recently (the Kirkland brand) and they are really great so far. Super cheap too.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I voted other just because I wanted to see the results! We''re registering this weekend, and I think I''ll put a few Pampers Swaddlers on there for the newborn sizes at least.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
We used Pampers through size 2 and then Sam''s Club was out of Pamper''s in size 3 when we needed to move up I bought Huggies and we had absolutely no problems so I stuck with them. Love them. Didn''t like Huggies for newborn or size 1 but in a size 3 they are great for us. She''s been in 3''s since she was 6 months so we''ve had a lot of time for inspection!
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi There, I used the swaddlers for about 1-2 but when they start to get more wiggley... I use the supreme Huggies and it works fantastic,, still has the soft touch like the pampers swaddlers but gives them more wiggle room if you know what I mean... also when they start to get into the walkin stage,, I go with the normal huggies, because of the elasticity and it''s not so heavy when wet, like the pampers are,, still giving optimal stay dry... From my experiences with my two kids. hope that helps.. so I Vote for the pampers swaddler up until about the size 2-3 .. I think I still use the 2s for a little while until my girls got more wiggley...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I voted other, here''s my explanation. My son wore Pampers Swaddlers through size 2 and they were great, but once he started crawling he started leaking. I switched to Huggies, and Huggies had been wonderful since then (he''s 2 now) but about a year ago one of my friends turned me on the the best keep diaper secret -

Costco''s Kirkland brand diapers! I actually like them BETTER than the Huggies (less leaks, softer) and they are SO MUCH cheaper! I was skeptical went she kept telling me to check them out, because I didn''t want to skimp on diapers if we could afford the "better" ones, but she gave me one to use one day when we were out and they are the BEST!

You have to have a Costco membership to buy them, and I did not at the time, but I joined and within 2 months I had made back the membership fee JUST with the money I saved on diapers!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might have to try kirkland...I just remembered the box we got as a gift (which we didn''t use because by the time I got around to them, they were too small), and they felt so icky. But that was compared to the swaddlers. They may not feel as bad to me now since we are up to size 5 cruisers!!!

I''m a pampers person but never tried anything else so I have nothing to compare it to. Loved the swaddlers and the cruisers work well. Never had a leaking problem with them and we use it at night. I do change diapers frequently still though.

I just haven''t changed because she''s never had a rash with them, so I figure why mess with it.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:41:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I might have to try kirkland...I just remembered the box we got as a gift (which we didn''t use because by the time I got around to them, they were too small), and they felt so icky. But that was compared to the swaddlers. They may not feel as bad to me now since we are up to size 5 cruisers!!!

I''m a pampers person but never tried anything else so I have nothing to compare it to. Loved the swaddlers and the cruisers work well. Never had a leaking problem with them and we use it at night. I do change diapers frequently still though.

I just haven''t changed because she''s never had a rash with them, so I figure why mess with it.

Little A is in size 5''s?!?!? Poor T is still in 3''s with no hope of moving up any time soon!
6.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha...T is in 4s

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried every diaper under the sun. I used pampers with my oldest and liked them. I switched to luv's when she started potty training b/c they aren't as absorbent and I wanted her to feel wet..lol. I used huggies with my second and really liked them and have continued using them with Jake. I did use the Kirklands in size 1-2 b/c they were so much cheaper but once we hit size 3 the huggies were actually cheaper than the costco brand.

tgal-I can't believe Amelia is in 5's..Jake is still in 4's. Is it b/c she's so tall b/c she's certainly no chunky monkey like my little guy...

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
we have always used pampers from day 1. they seem to fit B fine and never have they leaked. he should be in size 4, but we ran out so he''s in size 5. haha. but they do seem to fit him, just kinda big on the waist.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree that initially they felt much less soft in comparison to the swaddlers, but I noticed the swaddlers were just so weirdly soft that once I stopped using them and used the kirkland''s exclusively I never noticed that the kirklands weren''t soft if that makes sense.

Their return policy is so great that if you hate them after using a few they''ll still take them back. I know for the 1-2''s they are super cheap, not sure if the bigger sizes are as cheap, but worth a look!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, how can T be in size 3''s? ONE of us is doing sometihng wrong since they are both tall!

But I think Amelia is bigger than T, weight wise? Amelia is not chunky at all. 4''s still fit but they would ride so low once she pees. She was also starting to have poo blow outs in 4''s...not a problem with the 5''s.

I just think her body is so long that I needed to move up a size. Otherwise it looked like she was wearing speedos!!

We need to take nekkid baby pics with photos again because I''m not sure how B can be in 4s and T in 3s, but Amelia in 5s??
33.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~It''s because she''s so stinking skinny. She''s still only 22 pounds....and 32 inches tall. I agree we need nekkid pics! I''ll post mine tonight!
21.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 3:32:36 PM
Author: Burk
Tgal~It''s because she''s so stinking skinny. She''s still only 22 pounds....and 32 inches tall. I agree we need nekkid pics! I''ll post mine tonight!
21.gif
I''m guessing that is what Amelia is at right now....maybe an inch shorter although it seems like she''s grown a lot from 9 months when she was 30 inches. There is no way I''d be able to put 3''s on Amelia because they are too short. 4''s still work.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it totally depends on their bodies but we''re Pampers loyalists. I''ve tried Huggies and Luvs with Lily and she leaked with both of them. Also, it has to be Pampers Cruisers for her--the Baby Dry didn''t work. And Huggies Overnights for nighttime. It''s funny because Lily just moved into 4s about 6 months ago and Lucy is already busting out of the 2-3 size! Lily was in 3s for a looooooong time. I think they stop growing as quickly after they reach a certain point, plus when they become mobile, they tend to lose that yummy baby fat!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I'm a Pampers mommy. We started w/ huggies b/c I got a bunch of coupons, but M got a horrible diaper rash. I haven't gone back since. I just started M on size 4's; she was blowing out off the 3's.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Cruisers because they are softer for more mobile babies. I find the Huggies a bit stiff and they get kinda weird when wet. Neither leaked and for nighttime, I swear by Huggies overnights. Never leaked once and my boys wake up to drink a lot when younger.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
We use Pampers also. I tried Luvs once and it was a hot mess.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:07:30 PM
Author: Chrono
I like the Cruisers because they are softer for more mobile babies. I find the Huggies a bit stiff and they get kinda weird when wet. Neither leaked and for nighttime, I swear by Huggies overnights. Never leaked once and my boys wake up to drink a lot when younger.

Ditto.
I like that they are ultra thin yet super absorbent.
We''ve tried the Sam''s Club brand and they were like cardboard and J was blowing through them.
We''ve tried Huggies as well. They are not as absorbent as Pampers, but they work well.
I have to say that Huggies does have more leg room for those with thunder thighs.
J had to move up to size 3 at 3 months I believe because the Pampers 2 were tight on her legs.
But huggies 2 fit her nicely.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:43:08 PM
Author: Burk

Little A is in size 5''s?!?!? Poor T is still in 3''s with no hope of moving up any time soon!
6.gif

Little A is in size 5''s?? I remember when A just barely moving into size 2 when J was in size 3
41.gif

J is still in 3s by the way. It seems she stopped growing since 3 months because she''s been in the same size diaper and onesies since.

missjae

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:25:06 AM
Author: MC
Doesn''t it depend upon the shape of your baby? I found Huggies to fit my boys best. Pampers leaked and they have that yuck smell to them (maybe they changed that since my kids were babies).
I know someone with twin boys and they claim that Pamper''s smells badly also, I always favored Pampers in my experience and found that Huggies were the one''s that leaked the most and my experience has been with girls if that makes a difference, MC you''re probably right that it does depend on the baby, other factors are of course if you''re baby is leaking a lot or if they are reacting to the die in some diapers. Until they let me down, I will always say Pamper''s is the way to go!
emthup.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Have used huggies throughout for Miller. Tried kirkland, and they leaked. Now I have to get Miller to use the potty.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results