shape
carat
color
clarity

Twin brother or best friend housewarming update and feedback requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Some of you might remember my post about whether to choose my best friend or my brother to go to my housewarming party because they had a 5 year relationship approx 12-14 years ago.

For those who haven't read it here it is

Best friend or brother pricescope post

Anyways, In the end, I decided to invite both of them. They were both at my Aunt's funeral a few months ago and they got along good, even spending quite a bit of time together.
So today I get a call from my mom telling me that my best friend isn't going to my housewarming party anymore because her boyfriend got tickets to go to a Cabo cruise on a group rate for my weekend and she's going because it's a free vacation.
Part of me is upset and my feelings are definitely hurt. I wonder if I really have a right to be though because I've excluded her from past functions because of my brother.
I guess I'm upset that she would choose her free vacation instead of my housewarming. What do you all think? Maybe I shouldn't be upset? it's just a housewarming party after all...

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I know your house warming means a lot to you and you were hoping your best friend would come. It is OK to be upset that she is not coming. From what you said, however, I don't think her preferance for a free vacation has anything to do with you or your brother. [Tell you the truth, a few day vacay to Cabo sounds pretty good to me right about now! LOL!] I don't think that it is worth making a big deal over. Just my $.02.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 7:18:36 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I know your house warming means a lot to you and you were hoping your best friend would come. It is OK to be upset that she is not coming. From what you said, however, I don''t think her preferance for a free vacation has anything to do with you or your brother. [Tell you the truth, a ferr vacay to Cabo sounds pretty good to me right about now! LOL!] I don''t think that it is worth making a big deal over. Just my $.02.
I know
15.gif

I do know they aren''t related, though, I was just giving an update.
Thanks for your feedback
I''ll preoccupy myself with thanksgiving decorations because my party''s in 2 weeks
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly...in the scheme of important life events I don''t really consider a housewarming one of them. While it''s fine to be a bit sad that she won''t be there I don''t think it was personal nor do I think it''s worth being mad about.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 7:24:12 PM
Author: neatfreak
Honestly...in the scheme of important life events I don''t really consider a housewarming one of them. While it''s fine to be a bit sad that she won''t be there I don''t think it was personal nor do I think it''s worth being mad about.
I agree.

We threw a belated housewarming party and combined it with a one-year anniversary party AND a bon voyage party for my sister (who was off to the Middle East for a year the day after) and one of my best friend''s didn''t come because she had another party to go to that day.
I was bummed she wasn''t there, but I totally understood.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would probably pick a free trip to Cabo over my own child''s b-day party.
2.gif
Seriously though do not take it personally. I know it means a lot to you but to most people a housewarming is just a party. KWIM? I think *maybe* you are so upset b/c you were really stressed out about the situation and maybe realized it is a non-issue now.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2009 7:03:11 PM
Author:heraanderson

So today I get a call from my mom telling me that my best friend isn''t going to my housewarming party anymore because her boyfriend got tickets to go to a Cabo cruise on a group rate for my weekend and she''s going because it''s a free vacation.

Part of me is upset and my feelings are definitely hurt. I wonder if I really have a right to be though because I''ve excluded her from past functions because of my brother.

I guess I''m upset that she would choose her free vacation instead of my housewarming. What do you all think? Maybe I shouldn''t be upset? it''s just a housewarming party after all...

The best friend thing goes both ways. I hope some part of you is excited that she gets to go on this mini vacation.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 8:41:01 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I would probably pick a free trip to Cabo over my own child's b-day party.
2.gif
Seriously though do not take it personally. I know it means a lot to you but to most people a housewarming is just a party. KWIM? I think *maybe* you are so upset b/c you were really stressed out about the situation and maybe realized it is a non-issue now.

Well and part of me believes that maybe I tried to pledge my loyalty and allegiance to her by inviting her over my bros discomfort and she turned around and pledges it to her boyfriend and a 3 day cabo cruise. Silly, I know, but I'm only human.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 8:58:29 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 11/6/2009 7:03:11 PM

Author:heraanderson

So today I get a call from my mom telling me that my best friend isn''t going to my housewarming party anymore because her boyfriend got tickets to go to a Cabo cruise on a group rate for my weekend and she''s going because it''s a free vacation.

Part of me is upset and my feelings are definitely hurt. I wonder if I really have a right to be though because I''ve excluded her from past functions because of my brother.

I guess I''m upset that she would choose her free vacation instead of my housewarming. What do you all think? Maybe I shouldn''t be upset? it''s just a housewarming party after all...

The best friend thing goes both ways. I hope some part of you is excited that she gets to go on this mini vacation.
I''m not there yet but I''m sure I''ll get there
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 9:07:29 PM
Author: heraanderson
Date: 11/6/2009 8:41:01 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I would probably pick a free trip to Cabo over my own child''s b-day party.
2.gif

Well and part of me believes that maybe I tried to pledge my loyalty and allegiance to her by inviting her over my bros discomfort and she turned around and pledges it to her boyfriend and a 3 day cabo cruise. Silly, I know, but I''m only human.

I know. You don''t have to defend your emotions (no right or wrong) but you can be careful with your reactions. As long as you know what she is not really choosing you over her boyfriend. Wouldn''t you choose mexico over her house warming? Be honest.
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2009 9:08:17 PM
Author: heraanderson

I''m not there yet but I''m sure I''ll get there
1.gif

Glad to hear it!
1.gif
I''m sure you will too!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you were invited to her housewarming and got free tickets to go to cabo with your man... would you apologize, buy a gift and take it early and go on the trip? I would!! I don''t think your brother weighs into that equation at all. I bet in the future if you continue to invite them both they''ll get better and better with dealing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results