shape
carat
color
clarity

Toddler backpack carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have or can reccomend one of the toddler backback style carriers?

We''re going camping at the beach in July for a week. The campground is up on a cliff, so getting to the beach requires going down a huge set of stairs. Kyle''s getting a bit big for my snugli-type carrier, and I don''t want to just hold him going up and down several times a day (any attempt to juggle beach towls, etc.). This will probably be the only time we really use the carrier, so I don''t want to spend a ton either. I''ve found lots of used ones on ebay, but wasn''t sure which brands/styles would be most comfortable.

Thanks ladies!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up with a Kelty backpack from REI. We really like it, it fits both my husband tall and much bigger than me, to my petite frame - nice padding where I need it.

We bought the one without the stand as it was too heavy for me... something like this but all in black. looks similar though http://www.rei.com/product/797968

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
DH uses one every time he goes out with DD. She loves it, but has developed a very annoying habit of tugging on his hair whenever he stands still for a moment.

Ours came from Mothercare, and it''s fantastic. Lightweigh aluminium frame, mesh / fabric and just enough padding to keep the weight down. I''d recommend it.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I owned a Kelty when my daughter was a toddler and I LOVED it! I''m petite and I had no problem w/ getting it on or off by myself. I was also very comfortable w/ it on. It was one w/ a frame like this: http://www.rei.com/product/793999

It is spendy but I ended up selling mine on Craigslist after I stopped using it so I''d check there and also just google kelty kids backpack as I''m sure there are stores that have last years models for a good deal.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I like my Mei Tai, but if you want something with a more rigid frame then I really like Little Life. If we do more hiking kind of things then we will get one from them.

They are stocked in the USA - list given in the ''Find A Store'' bit.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''m meeting a lady tonight to check out an Evenflo one I found on Craigslist. She never used it. I''m taking the kid with me to make sure he fits
3.gif

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
If you visit http://www.thebabywearer.com/ you will be able to find cool used carriers for sale.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reccomendations!

I ended up buying one off Craigslist, this one. DH was very impressed by it, and loves the integrated frame. We went for a 30 minute walk on Saturday, and each carried it for 15 minutes. It is heavy with a 22 pound baby in it, but for what I plan to use it for, I think it''ll work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results