The Official TTC Thread!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Awesome, awesome line!!!! Congrats!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Woo, 4ever!! That is the REAL THING -- congratulations, your hard work :Up_to_something: this cycle totally paid off! Thank your DH for his willing participation... so kind of him to sacrifice like that. :lol:

What symptoms have you been noticing?

AHL, I tried the maca this morning and... yech. Putting it in coffee was a terrible choice, at least. I was tasting it for at least an hour afterward. But at least no tummy upset! Any tips? What worked for you?

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Asscher- thanks for the dust! I will make an appointment with my GP this week, there's a chance she may want to do a blood test which I think would help with dates, othwise I may go for a hunt for a digital with a weeks estimator, I haven't seen one over here but I'll keep an eye out.

April- thanks! DH an I are ( cautiously) excited.

Evergreen- thank you! I don't think I need to thank DH, he enjoyed the process too much and is already giving himself a pat on the back for having good swimmers :lol:
Symptoms so far; slightly sore boobs, I'm hungrier than normal, very slight nausea (yesterday and today), hot flashes( yesterday and this morning), cramping - nothing major yet.

Feels a bit surreal!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats 4ever!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

evergreen|1437782533|3907120 said:
Woo, 4ever!! That is the REAL THING -- congratulations, your hard work :Up_to_something: this cycle totally paid off! Thank your DH for his willing participation... so kind of him to sacrifice like that. :lol:

What symptoms have you been noticing?

AHL, I tried the maca this morning and... yech. Putting it in coffee was a terrible choice, at least. I was tasting it for at least an hour afterward. But at least no tummy upset! Any tips? What worked for you?

Oh god your taking is loose? Ack! I took pills, happily, lol.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, shucks -- smart move, AHL. I figured, there are almost no foods I don't like, I should be fine -- so yeah, I bought loose. Tried it in apple juice this AM and it wasn't as bad. Oh well. Maybe this cycle will be the one and I'll get to stop taking it. :pray:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I don't know who has all been following my story but one of my biggest concerns was that I would get pregnant but my mom wouldn't live long enough to meet her last grandchild.

As it turns out, that is probably what will happen (although I'm still not pregnant yet). My mom isn't expected to make it past Labor Day Weekend :(( We've already started funeral preparations.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Hugs, Random. You and your family are in my thoughts. :blackeye:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, RT, I'm so sorry. But never lose sight of the fact that, pregnant or not, you will be there for your mom, and you'll be able help her make the most of the time she has. I don't know you or her, but I imagine that - as nice as it would be to know there's a grandchild in the works - you are who matters to her. Don't beat yourself up over this (you don't deserve any of that nonsense!), or let it distract you from making this time exactly what you and she want it to be. You're both in my thoughts. I hope the next few weeks are filled with love, dignity, and new memories.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, Random.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Who's still out there? amc? We're a little quiet in here but this is my first chart and I am kinda psyched about it. I'm pretty sure those crosshairs are real; haven't gotten a temp below 97 since i had two + LH Wondfos on CD15 (AM and PM). Incidentally, my line was never darker than the control line, but it was definitely a noticeable change from the ghostly lines I'd had before, and it went away within 24 hours. I'd been POASing twice a day since CD9 and had basically decided that my ladyparts are completely broken. Yikes. The crazy, she comes out! :shifty: I have since forgiven myself.

I think I'll get a clearer baseline next cycle starting temping on CD1 but I'm proud of FF for figuring out how to put crosshairs on that chart. DH got suspicious - "What, is this a good time or something?" - but I think we covered our BD bases; I'm glad for the LH sticks so I don't have to use 4ever's technique. ;-)

So... 2ww for reals this time.

screen_shot_2015-08-05_at_7.png

p.s. AHL, I gave up and decided the maca starts *next* cycle. :) I can just about manage it in apple juice but darn, shoulda gotten the pills!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

From my own experiences I can say you may have actually Ovulated on CD18. The dip is usually attributed to an estrogen burst but the ovulation is only confirmed with the spike. I would often have a + OPK on CD 12 and not actually ovulate until 15, my charts often looked like yours.

It may be more apparent when you temp from CD1, and ugh, the raw maca! More power to you, I would have thrown it out lol.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Argh, really? 3 days after a +OPK? Boo. If that's the case, we've done a terrible job with timing because lately we haven't been conscious in each other's presence due to work schedules! :nono: Today's temp was in the 97.5ish range, you may well be right. Time will tell, I suppose; wouldn't it be strange to have a 28-day cycle but ovulate on CD18? 2 cycles at 28 days does not a 3rd-cycle-at-28-days make, though. Well. Need to find DH! :D

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think it could be cd15 or 18. I would have liked to have seen more temps prior to 15 to decide for sure. My charts often look like that- I almost always O when my temp is 96.8. So that generally means a dip and then spike.

BTW, although I'm here, I'm definitely not ttc. We go back and forth on whether or not we even want another. And, if we do, it won't be for another year or so.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's why I say "may", you could have popped on 15 and had a slow rise....I normally had a 26 day cycle and popped on 15 with only an 11 day LP, it's amazing what you don't really know until you see what your body does with the temping. You will find out soon enough!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Ha, I agree, either CD 15 or 18 at this point, 50/50 on those dates. :) If I get rid of that CD15 temp FF freaks out and gives up on any idea of crosshairs, so, fine. There are a lot more options on what could happen than we were taught in medical school, that's for sure! I think temping is really messing up my sleep since I've been very tired the last week and a half (although I feel like I fall right back asleep afterwards... and often during and get woken up by the beep!). It's too bad the BBT is so darn useful (sigh, agree, amc, should've gotten expedited shipping for a better baseline! wasn't thinking.). Between temping and the threat of maca I'm sure crossing my fingers & toes during this 2ww.

Here's the last few days charted... including the TMI bits. (If it wasn't for TMI, this thread would not be nearly as fun, right?) I guess our timing actually wasn't terrible for O on CD18... not impossibly terrible, anyway.

p.s. thanks AHL for the BBT rec... it barely beeps at all and only shows a backlight when you need it. Good one! Also, thanks for the endless font of wisdom even though you're on the big thread now. :D

screen_shot_2015-08-07_at_8.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anytime! Lots of ladies stepped in to help me when I was TTC so I'm more than happy to share what I've experienced. BD looks great! Nothing is really TMI on here, lol.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

*Cautiously dipping my toes in here*

I have a 2 yo and had a difficult pregnancy that resulted in DS being 6 weeks early. We are hoping this time (assuming we get pregnant) will be less eventful. We don't plan on charting or anything right now, but we will see if we change our minds. Currently CD 11, and since I usually have 28 day cycles, it's go time around here for the next few days. :bigsmile:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

:wavey: Hi, bpd! Welcome and hope your stay here is short. We just had a success (4ever) with every day BDing, so hope you're all rested up! ;-)

Is this a "slow rise"? FF is sticking to its guns that O was CD15 but I still think it's a little unclear... wish I'd had a better baseline established. Dreamt that it was Thursday and AFF showed up... was disappointed. (But ha, not real. But get out of my dreams, TTC!)

screen_shot_2015-08-11_at_9.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It really is going to be impossible to call on this cycle. If you don't have a BFP then when you do get AF you can count back and see how long the LP was to give you a better idea. Then your cycle pattern will become more obvious for future cycles. It' s a learning process that's for sure!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Bah. POAS'd Tuesday (10 or 7dpo, depending) and yesterday (12 or 9dpo, depending) with BFN x 2. Chart doing silly stuff, up and down. Imagining everything. (Tired? Pregnant! Not pregnant! Breaking out? Pregnant! Not pregnant!) Waiting for AFF, making deals with myself about whether I can POAS Saturday or if I should wait til Sunday if no AF (assumign the later O date, would be 12dpo Saturday and 13 Sunday...). Wish I wasn't the only crazy person on here. ;-)

screen_shot_2015-08-14_at_10.png

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

I was just checking to see if you'd POAS evergreen. Sorry for the BFN.

CD 15 just trucking along. I think I O'd last night or this morning based on my CM and usual ovulation pain, but since I'm not charting, I won't be sure. I plan to POAS in 10 days or so... if I can wait that long. We will be on vacation with my in laws who don't know we are TTC, so I have to figure out how to hide all the tests. They can be nosy! But I am sure I won't be able to wait until we get home, so I will figure it out!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Yay! Hey there, bpd. :wavey: Bring those sticks with you. :bigsmile: Hmm, ways to hide: opaque wrappers like granola bars, only POAS when you have an excuse to take out the trash...? It will be easier if you don't have to share a bathroom with them, but necessity is the mother of invention... I also wouldn't be able to wait (obviously). ;-)

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

CD29, 14 or 11dpo, temp drifting down (97.54 this AM), BFN Wondfo. I know it's not over til AFF sings, but can't help but suspect I'm out. FF has started counting down under the "stats" row - which apparently is supposed to be a POAS countdown, but what TTCer has EVER waited until 19DPO / AF almost a week late to test?? Don't be ridiculous, FF. Practically none of us have the self-control for that.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For me whenever temp dropped down to cover AF showed the next day, just keep on temping!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

She's gone :(( The funeral is on Monday... And I keep seeing pregnant women with their mothers everywhere. UGH.

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Oh RT I am so so sorry! Take care of yourself, I'll be thinking of you and your family.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

RT, I am so very very sorry.

I've been quiet but checking in on you ladies. I needed a break from watching and talking about my cycle and TTC in general. Technically, I'm in my 7th TWW and could move to the >6 month thread, but I find the prospect depressing. I ovulated late, so I need to call and reschedule my ultrasound with saline. I'd be 8dpo or so, and the last thing I want to do is screw things up if I were magically pregnant (or about to be). Also, diagnostically it's best for it to be done right after AF (or at least after she's started). Fingers crossed they can squeeze me in and I don't have to wait until my next cycle - they need both the US tech and my doc there at the same time, which makes scheduling more difficult than usual.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Random, I am so sorry. Hugs, my dear, many many hugs.

All of us veterans of the 6+ thread have been exactly where you are LadyC! Take a break...I did much better emotionally when I took it in blocks with breaks in between.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, RT, I'm so sorry. Hugs and wishes that you and your family feel supported and loved through this, as I'm sure your mom did.

Hi, LC! It's good to see you and I'm glad you use this forum in doses that are consistent with your sanity etc. :) Does the saline ultrasound check your tubes like a HSG does? It's always funny to me how inconvenient doctor's appointments are, and yet I guess I can't imagine them doing it any other way... but boy it's lousy if you have other stuff, like life or work, in addition to looking after your health!

AFM, not quite below the coverline yet but I'm CD0 (as in, day before CD1... just ramping up to CD1). So, a fresh start, will establish a good baseline with temping, I know when to start OPKs, and tomorrow morning I start the maca again (trying it in chocolate almond milk. can't possibly be worse than it was in coffee...). Got a plan. Just add crazy and stir.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results