carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Thanks, ladyciel. Yes, I can understand the idea that you'll soon have to watch yourself for a developing baby. I had lost the weight before starting TTC, but I found that if I was dieting at all, I couldn't predict my ovulation (variation of over a week). If I was eating a lot, I could predict the day a month in advance! My husband travels a lot for work, so that was pretty important. But I gained all the weight back that I had lost. And this time my body doesn't want to let it go again. Hmph.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, that's super frustrating. Does exercise affect you the same way, or is it just how much you eat? (Or maybe it's the balance of cals in vs out?) :( My DH has been traveling a lot, too, so I 100% understand the extra stress brought on by a moving target. You think you've got it all figured out, he's set his travel dates, and then your ovaries laugh in your face and pull the rug out. So far it's only screwed us up 1 month, but he's had to bend over backwards more than once to try and make sure he's in town if he possibly can be. I'm concerned about the possibility that starting the progesterone this month might screw with the timing on my next ov if we don't hit a home run. There's really no way to predict.... can only hope there isn't a next cycle to worry about!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I have always hated exercise. I know, it's terrible. I think I have underactive sweat glands, so I overheat really easily. I used to be able to control my weight with diet alone, but it isn't working lately.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Aw, Tourmaline, what a bummer -- metabolism is such a frustrating thing and it sounds like yours is being particularly manipulative with the predictable-cycles thing! Maybe swimming would be a good exercise option? I always liked it because I'm persnickety about feeling sweaty... and, of course, low-impact, whole-body workout. Just annoying that it has to take place at a pool which is never convenient.

babym -- heehee. I always have work dreams when I'm doing something that stresses me @ work... the equipment and strategy and what to do when something big or exciting or unexpected happens...!

lc, I hope the stars and planets align and your husband's timing works out! And yay yay yay for having a doctor who you click with, and a plan going forward that makes sense. It's so empowering to know she takes you seriously and appreciates all the work you're putting into this!

And I have to say -- definitely do drink and take out your IUD. ;-) The big difference between trying to take out an IUD with vs without wine is that alcohol is a fantastic uterine relaxant. (It used to be used to stop premature labor, but unfortunately everyone gets silly and hung-over and it's probably not good for babies -- it just was the best option until we came up with better ones.) I imagine it works on the cervix, too, so it was just easier to pull out. I had tried, but didn't manage to do it, the day before without the wine! Just trying not to get the reputation as the sketchy wine-pickled one on the board... particularly creepy on a TTC thread ;-)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

13DPO which is supposed to be CD1 so decided to break out a frer. Looks like my dream was right on the money as frer shows a faint positive :twirl:

20150604_063106.jpg

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

Congrats, baby monster!! That's a great line - wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!! :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woo Hoo BabyM!!!! Join over in JBP whenever you're ready! Congrats!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Lavender and Asscherhalo_lover :wavey:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Omg congratulations babym!!!! That's crazy that you dreamt it!! :D Any symptoms making you suspicious, or just CD1? Woo!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks evergreen! No other symptoms but my cycles are very predictable with LP never over 12 days.

So decided to follow the dream and test wondfos today. The line is very faint which is freaking me out a little.

20150605_082333.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1433512635|3885535 said:
Thanks evergreen! No other symptoms but my cycles are very predictable with LP never over 12 days.

So decided to follow the dream and test wondfos today. The line is very faint which is freaking me out a little.

Don't be freaked out. From the million tests I took that's what wondfos look like for quite awhile. If you do them every other day you'll notice a good progression over the next two weeks. Just be mindful of taking them about the same time each day and the concentration of your urine. Mine got quite dark around 18DPO but I also got my first positive at 9 so I wouldn't expect one for awhile. My fav thing was the digital with the weeks estimator. I bought 6 and took one every 4 days to see progression. They worked well and weren't ambiguous. Good luck BabyM! Sticky dust to you!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, BM!

Don't sweat the Wondfo lines (I stopped around 13 DPO). They never really got super dark for me. The FRER looks good! You could always do a digital with weeks estimator for extra confirmation. Not that I'm an enabler or anything....

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the reassurance, AHL and April! Don't think I want to get the digi, might just use up remaining wondfos.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, BabyM!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks ladyciel :wavey:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eeeeeee!! Congratulations baby monster!!! :appl:

I wouldn't worry about the Wondfos either, mine didn't even show a line until nearly a week after my BFP on a FRER.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats BabyMonster - Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks DandiAndy and JGator :wavey: . I couldn't resist testing again with wondfos and the line is much darker today so i feel better.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

BabyMonster - yay for darkening lines and POAS progression. Please feel free to show us the progression pics!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Congratulations, Baby Monster!

I am not pregnant. I got my AF a few days ago.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Have any of your tried the new FRERs with the curved handles? Just saw the ad tonight. Didn't know the old ones were so difficult...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

I haven't tried the curved handles yet, but the difference won't matter a bit - I always collect and dip. For one, I mostly use wondfos and have to do it that way, and for two, I like the insurance of knowing I didn't waste that chance/sample if the test is screwy for some reason.

Sorry to hear about AF, tourmaline. :(

How is everybody else? I'm 5dpo, started progesterone for the first time the evening of 2dpo. Doc said to start it 1dpo, but my first temp rise was only .2F and I wasn't completely sure I'd actually ov'd. I figured it was better to possibly start a day late than to screw up the whole cycle if it was too early. I woke up the morning after taking it feeling like a sweaty furnace with a temp of 99. DH even rolled over to cuddle but quickly gave up, commenting that my side of the bed was an oven. Thankfully I seem to be adjusting, since my temp was 99 again today but I felt totally fine. The suppository is annoyingly messy, but I'll forgive it if it keeps the spotting away. I'll be over the moon if it gets me a BFP (obviously). I'll admit the prospect of having to use it continuously for weeks on end (which the doc said she'd prescribe if I get pregnant) sounds less than enjoyable, though.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Our group has gotten pretty small in here, but I figured I'd stop in with an update. I'm 11dpo and BFN this morning. BUT, no spotting!!! :appl: I've spotted before or on 10dpo every month since before we started trying, so for me to make it this far and not see even a hint of it (knock on wood) is amazing. I'm still dealing with the temp side-effect of the progesterone - my morning temps are ~99 and reach about 100 before the day is through. Thankfully, unlike a sick fever that goes up and down it's consistent and I'm not getting the chills or anything. I'm just aware of feeling a bit warm and the summer heat is a bit overwhelming. I got one of those cooling neck scarves off of Amazon yesterday, and it feels amazing. It's not the type with the little gel beads - it's lined with an absorbant slow-drying fabric. Definitely recommend it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay for no spotting!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's excellent news, ladyciel. Are doing any additional testing on the progesterone levels? Do feel any side effects besides increased temps?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

No plans yet to test my levels. My doc actually prescribed the progesterone without testing first. I was ok with that, based on everything I've read about the fuzziness of progesterone testing (a single serum test isn't necessarily a good metric of overall progesterone levels - they can be really variable during the LP given the pulsatile release pattern) and the safety of taking it even if my levels were already sufficient. And, really, the question at the end of the day was whether my spotting was caused by levels of progesterone insufficient FOR ME. No lab test could answer that without a doubt. I think of it kind of like thyroid levels and those people who test normal yet feel so much better taking thyroid hormone. ETA: Here's a link to a review discussing P testing/supplementation in TTC/early pregnancy.

So far I haven't had any other symptoms that I haven't had during every other TWW. Sore BBs, feeling tired, etc. I'll admit I've taken naps the last 2-3 days after getting home from work. I plan to call my doc with a full update, including my temps, once I can confirm for sure that the pre-AF spotting is fully nixed. For now I haven't bothered checking with her. By all measures it's a low-grade fever that isn't dangerous, it isn't really bothering me at this point, and really I wouldn't want to stop the progesterone early or change the dose for fear of screwing things up if by some miracle there's a bean trying to settle in!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Fingers crossed, lc!! :pray:

afm, haven't bothered doing much this faux-cycle after Mirena came out 5/26... I guess that puts me around CD24, fwiw, and am having some spotting today. haven't noticed anything since removing Mirena, except the week of mild-mod spotting right after it was out - not even really a period. am just trying to learn where my cervix is and what "high" and "low" mean for me. not sure how successful that would be if I didn't ovulate, and I think my ovaries can definitely be pardoned for taking a while to figure things out! :whistle:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good that you're ok with side effects, ladiciel. One of my gfs was put on progesterone while pregnant and couldn't deal with the emotional side effects. She said that it felt as if she was losing her mind so had to stop taking it.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

evergreen, here's hoping your girls shake it off and get down to business soon!

baby monster|1434815955|3891771 said:
Good that you're ok with side effects, ladiciel. One of my gfs was put on progesterone while pregnant and couldn't deal with the emotional side effects. She said that it felt as if she was losing her mind so had to stop taking it.

I feel like it actually helped level me out a bit this moth. I haven't slept wonderfully the last few nights, which may or may not be related, but I also haven't had the blues nearly as bad as I usually do near the end of my cycle. That could be in part because I'm not staring at spotting day in and day out, but I'll take it. I'll continue the P until my prescribed 14 days is up or AF shows, whichever comes first. I'm pretty certain this month is a bust. BFN frer today at 14dpo according to FF, maybe13dpo by a more conservative interpretation.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sorry to hear about the 14dpo BFN, ladyciel. I am 5dpo now. This is around the 18th month of trying. We aren't going for fertility help, because we've already had 4 healthy kids, and another one would be so lovely, but I think it would be a bit over the top to seek assistance...it's getting borderline irresponsible for us to keep trying as I am getting older (we both are), and I think I am going to stop trying and start preventing in August if we haven't conceived by then. If I were pregnant now, our youngest child would be 4 when this one is born. We gave it a really good try this month. I even used Softcups to keep in any slower swimmers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results